love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My body hates me! Haha I took off about a week around Christmas. Went all last week but apparently I am attacking it with a vengeance! Everything thing still hurts from Friday’s workout and even more from this mornings! ...I switched things back to a push/pull split that I’ve done before. Still playing with some of the specifics but just needing a little mental motivation push.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kill it Kat! Is it bad I was hoping to see your smiling face when I clicked on this link. Miss ya!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look how far you have come and that should be all the motivation you need !!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My body hates me! Haha I took off about a week around Christmas. Went all last week but apparently I am attacking it with a vengeance! Everything thing still hurts from Friday’s workout and even more from this mornings! ...I switched things back to a push/pull split that I’ve done before. Still playing with some of the specifics but just needing a little mental motivation push.
I took 2 weeks off and getting back to it is tough for sure. Both the early morning wake ups and the weights!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I took 2 weeks off and getting back to it is tough for sure. Both the early morning wake ups and the weights!
The early morning wake ups are hard to get used to but I hate lifting in a crowded gym... So early it is. One day I will get my garage back in order.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kill it Kat! Is it bad I was hoping to see your smiling face when I clicked on this link. Miss ya!
Aww
Here ya go...
IMG_8139.JPG

Look how far you have come and that should be all the motivation you need !!
Thank you! I go through the motions just haven’t had a focus on my goals really. Just have been going through the motions. I’m more focused now! Although- I would like to gain about 15 more lbs of muscle and loose about 25-30lbs of fat all at the same time! 🤣

Oh yeah! Tough to kick yourself out of the bed! I have actually enjoyed getting up and getting it done though!

The early morning wake ups are hard to get used to but I hate lifting in a crowded gym... So early it is. One day I will get my garage back in order.
I’m surprised at how crowded my gym has been. They seem like regulars- maybe trying to do the early morning thing? They’re all in my way- I know that! 🤣

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hubby has been getting our son on the bus so
I have had a solid hour to hour 15 both Monday and today! I so love high volume and hitting things from every angle! Finally seeing my shoulders pop back through a bit! Hip is behaving on squats but I can tell things just aren’t firing right so I’m keeping it 135 or less to really focus on form.
IMG_8138.JPG

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Way to play it smart!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Love that smile!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BLR is looking for loggers!!

Feel free to share

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Feel free to share
Great opportunity for a few folks !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Feel free to share
Share? I applied!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Took a cake order for the first time since Christmas...had fun with this one!
Adjustments.JPG

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is cool, my Grand Daughter Rachel would love one like that !!
My daughter would too- minus Batman. (Wrong side haha) She’s a marvel girl.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My daughter would too- minus Batman. (Wrong side haha) She’s a marvel girl.
That's almost like being racist... You should teach her to love all Universes... ;)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just guessing he was 5 haha

Rofl ikr! She does like dc but really like marvel more. She cracks me up with as much as she knows about all of that!
I couldn't help myself there... sometimes you just have to be a lil corny...

I like both of them a lot, but different flavors for sure. DC is a little more dark and focuses on how messed up events often are the drivers for their hero's, or even anti-heros in the development and back stories. I tend to like the stories a little better there.

Universal is overall more entertaining, and not anywhere near as dark or psychological. Although they did start out with some dark stuff like The Incredible Hulk. Was way darker than everyone expected and flopped because of that but actually pretty good. I really enjoy what DC has been bringing to the table the last few years. I think they improved a lot over some of the older movies. However Batman VS SuperMan was not it. LOL

I used to like the comics but was never a comic book nerd so I can still enjoy both of them even if the story lines in the movies are not true to the comic books.

I took my TRT dose yesterday so today everyone has to hear my opinions on everything. LMAO!!! Funny how that works eh...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I liked the Adam West Batman, but not the new stuff

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I liked the Adam West Batman, but not the new stuff
Yeah I loved that hokey feel of that one. It's what I grew up on and loved. BOP!!!! BOOM!!! THWAP!!! BONK!!! BAM!!! Holy Mackerel Batman The Riddler is at it again!!!

Movie-wise I think Michael Keaton was the best Batman ever though. However I really enjoyed the 3 movies with Christian Bale, but not how cheesy they made his voice as Batman. Wasn't too fond of Ben Afleck as Batman. Looking forward to the new Batman which I think is going to be more of a drama kind of like how they did The Joker. Showing the bad story and how it created the obsession that made Batman who he is.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I loved that hokey feel of that one. It's what I grew up on and loved. BOP!!!! BOOM!!! THWAP!!! BONK!!! BAM!!! Holy Mackerel Batman The Riddler is at it again!!!

Movie-wise I think Michael Keaton was the best Batman ever though. However I really enjoyed the 3 movies with Christian Bale, but not how cheesy they made his voice as Batman. Wasn't too fond of Ben Afleck as Batman. Looking forward to the new Batman which I think is going to be more of a drama kind of like how they did The Joker. Showing the bad story and how it created the obsession that made Batman who he is.
That’s my vote for best Batman. Met Michael Keaton in a MT bar looking for his dog. True story.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s my vote for best Batman. Met Michael Keaton in a MT bar looking for his dog. True story.
Love Michael, such a great actor. I didn't expect him to be so good at drama after Mr Mom but was pleasantly surprised.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I couldn't help myself there... sometimes you just have to be a lil corny...

I like both of them a lot, but different flavors for sure. DC is a little more dark and focuses on how messed up events often are the drivers for their hero's, or even anti-heros in the development and back stories. I tend to like the stories a little better there.

Universal is overall more entertaining, and not anywhere near as dark or psychological. Although they did start out with some dark stuff like The Incredible Hulk. Was way darker than everyone expected and flopped because of that but actually pretty good. I really enjoy what DC has been bringing to the table the last few years. I think they improved a lot over some of the older movies. However Batman VS SuperMan was not it. LOL

I used to like the comics but was never a comic book nerd so I can still enjoy both of them even if the story lines in the movies are not true to the comic books.

I took my TRT dose yesterday so today everyone has to hear my opinions on everything. LMAO!!! Funny how that works eh...
Haha I know! I’m corny a lot! Very true! Up until a few years ago, I (somehow) didn’t even know there was a difference. Can totally see how they’re separate now but just thought they were all connected somehow. I always liked cat woman growing up ...but for obvious reasons (my name being a big part hahaha)

He was my favorite one too!...that’s too cool!!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like both Michael Keaton and Christian Bale as actors. Michael Keaton was great in Birdman and Founder.

But for the role of Batman...

Christian Bale > Michael Keaton

I just can’t believe Michael Keaton can beat up anyone. Can you?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like both Michael Keaton and Christian Bale as actors. Michael Keaton was great in Birdman and Founder.

This !!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Alright, Keaton vs Elrock celebrity deathmatch! No holds barred, anything goes....

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Absolutely, he played the disturbed and dark Batman that could be obsessed enough to go fat beyond his normal physical capabilities.
Oh and also you ever seen BJ Penn, or some of the other champion MMA fighters that didn't look impressive. He just had that dark intensity that the others lacked. Movie-wise I liked Christian Bales movies better but the entire Batman and Bruce Wayne package, Keaton hands down. The voice over on Bales Batman was atrocious. Would have been better if they used his normal angry voice from here...

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Little update...strength has been pretty good. (some ups and downs) Most days it’s increasing. Nutrition has been on point. Progress seems null and void otherwise. Trying my hardest to stay positive. Had myself a meltdown yesterday but I’m good now. I’m not so sure that hormones aren’t even more out of wack since my surgery last fall. Things just haven’t seemed to move much weight wise since then.

I am still doing a push/pull split right now and with strength increasing, I’m happy in that area. Looking to add forskolin into my supps soon as well.
0AC7D6D8-C0FD-4472-BA4C-9EB581563B81.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kat, Good thing come to those who wait. (Ok, I read that somewhere) It is a long road that never ends, keep you eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel and keep moving forward, you are headed in the right direction !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kat, Good thing come to those who wait. (Ok, I read that somewhere) It is a long road that never ends, keep you eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel and keep moving forward, you are headed in the right direction !!
Thank you! I’m definitely not quitting! #cantstopwontstop

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
IMG_8435.JPG

Good morning! I need to get better about logging...so let’s start now! Haha No lifting today. I did go in for some cardio/conditioning though.
25 mins of the following.
10 squat/push press MB throws
10 ball slams
10 kb swings
30 secs battle ropes/alt arms
50 yd farmer carries
25 yd single arm overhead carries(each side)
45 sec rest/repeat

Finished with 5 mins on row machine

We got some new equipment in the corner upstairs. It has the real slam balls, the nice big balls for throwing, weighted bags, sled, and soft jump boxes. I’m going to have to come up with some fun combos and add those in as much as I can. The only bad thing is it’s a small area and can get crowded quick.

Dinner last night was Korean beef bowls.
Adjustments.JPG

Lean ground beef with fresh ginger, garlic, chives, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and a little brown sugar. Served over rices cauliflower and topped with a sunny side up egg. We are trying to find recipes bc my hubby is diabetic and carbs are really starting to bother him a lot.

Unfortunately, I forgot my lunch box at the house this morning. Had my grilled chicken salad and protein shake in it! So sad!! Thankfully I have a couple of one bars in my bag as back ups. No ideal but will suffice bc I have phone duty at lunch today.
View attachment 190634

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 190629
Good morning! I need to get better about logging...so let’s start now! Haha No lifting today. I did go in for some cardio/conditioning though.
25 mins of the following.
10 squat/push press MB throws
10 ball slams
10 kb swings
30 secs battle ropes/alt arms
50 yd farmer carries
25 yd single arm overhead carries(each side)
45 sec rest/repeat

Finished with 5 mins on row machine

We got some new equipment in the corner upstairs. It has the real slam balls, the nice big balls for throwing, weighted bags, sled, and soft jump boxes. I’m going to have to come up with some fun combos and add those in as much as I can. The only bad thing is it’s a small area and can get crowded quick.

Dinner last night was Korean beef bowls. View attachment 190630
Lean ground beef with fresh ginger, garlic, chives, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and a little brown sugar. Served over rices cauliflower and topped with a sunny side up egg. We are trying to find recipes bc my hubby is diabetic and carbs are really starting to bother him a lot.

Unfortunately, I forgot my lunch box at the house this morning. Had my grilled chicken salad and protein shake in it! So sad!! Thankfully I have a couple of one bars in my bag as back ups. No ideal but will suffice bc I have phone duty at lunch today.
View attachment 190634
That's a nice and easy recipe. and looks great!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That Korean Beef Bowl looks out of this world good! You might just have to share the actual amounts for that recipe. I LOVE GINGER!!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's a nice and easy recipe. and looks great!!
It really is! I’m all about easy especially during the week!

That Korean Beef Bowl looks out of this world good! You might just have to share the actual amounts for that recipe. I LOVE GINGER!!!!
I love ginger too!! I had always just used dry until a couple of years ago- MAN, what a difference!!!! Night and day!

I’m happy to share the recipe. We used 1/2 the brown sugar and I would suggest some cayenne or sriracha for an extra kick as well. Heck with the fresh ginger you might could even less sugar.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It really is! I’m all about easy especially during the week!

I love ginger too!! I had always just used dry until a couple of years ago- MAN, what a difference!!!! Night and day!

I’m happy to share the recipe. We used 1/2 the brown sugar and I would suggest some cayenne or sriracha for an extra kick as well. Heck with the fresh ginger you might could even less sugar.
Post it up or shoot it over to me. Sounds amazeballs!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A couple of the girls at work bought some cheap ab wheels from aldi’s. So we have been taking turns doing ab work! Haha Fun times!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The AB Wheel was invented by the Devil !!

Last edited:
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today was a great day!! Got up @4:25 to get my workout in before getting my son on the bus. Once he was on his way, I headed out to see my daughter at college. We got to spend the day together. Nutrition flexed but wasn’t horrible-just short on protein. I just had an expresso with her for breakfast and shared a couple of salmon rolls at lunch. One spicy and one with cucumber. Stomach was but uneasy so I didn’t have any dinner.

Today’s workout was quick in and out.

Deads
95x8/135x5-WU
185x5
215x5x3 sets

Wide grip pulldowns
120x12
140x10x3 sets

Iso last row (plate loaded machine)
100x10(weight per side)
110x10x2 sets (weight per side)

BB hip thrusts
185x12
205x12x2

SS
DB pullover (lat focused)
45x12x3 sets
&
Single arm DB rows
70x7x3 sets each side

Pull-ups w/ light band
3 sets of 8-10(to failure)

SS
Face pulls
60x20x2 sets
&
Cable crunches
90x12x2 sets

Machine reverse flyes
70x20x3 sets

Seated leg curls
90x12x3 sets

Ran out of time -no biceps today. They got a decent amount of work on everything else though. Most exercises finish each set with iso holds and 45-60 sec rests.

Adjustments.JPG

Hubby ended the day with exciting news that the new custom home company he’s with made it to the 6th largest builder in the state!! Super stoked for him bc he’s worked so hard!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Life Is Good !!