MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome home! We need to get in a session some time!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn’t get in this morning, so I’ll have to get legs tomorrow morning. Had a death in the family yesterday that I found out about pretty late and didn’t get much sleep. Bleh.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven’t been sleeping well again this week, so I’ve had trouble getting up early enough to train. Might just call this one a wash and try to get back at it Monday.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The gym will wait for you. Sorry about your loss, Jim.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Sorry for your loss!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear man, take care of yourself first and the rest will come

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys. I’m getting back in the gym this week. Had a bout with COVID that I’m just getting over now (when it rains it really does pour). Should be back at it tomorrow, pending a negative test.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hopefully negative!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still waiting on test results, but I haven’t had any symptoms, so I may just chance it and get back in the gym today. Hoping to have my results in tomorrow, but I’m not real sure when to expect them. Bleh.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those tests are janky anyways. Wife tested positive, 12 hrs later negative. Nobody knows ****

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Still waiting on test results, but I haven’t had any symptoms, so I may just chance it and get back in the gym today. Hoping to have my results in tomorrow, but I’m not real sure when to expect them. Bleh.
Just doing your part to help out herd immunity! ;)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tested positive for the vid. Might still go to the gym regularly. Not sure I care enough about other people to stay out of the gym when I’m asymptomatic.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tested positive for the vid. Might still go to the gym regularly. Not sure I care enough about other people to stay out of the gym when I’m asymptomatic.
that is NOT cool dude wow!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is NOT cool dude wow!
Eh. Who said I was cool in the first place?

But, like, really though. I got exposed to it 2 weeks ago. Haven’t had symptoms in ~1 week. And haven’t been to the gym since I got exposed. This virus is not materially different from the flu, and if I had the flu and was asymptomatic for over a week, I’d be in the gym (and I suspect everyone else here would be, too).

The only thing different here is my work required me to get tested, so now I know that it was COVID and not something else.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe 5 days is the currently recommended quarantine time when you test positive. You have to be past that at this point.
That’s what the epidemiologist that advises my firm says. 5 days quarantine, and then 5 days with a mask on. I’ve already been in quarantine for like 11 days or so. I feel I’ve more than done my part here tbh.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you have been fever free for 5 days then get after it. Most of the people carrying it around to others have no idea they have it anyway. It will be alright... It's just another illness at this point, not the killer it was when no one knew how to treat it.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
COVID test came back negative. I also got back in the gym for a couple sessions this week. Right now, just to keep me consistent, I’ve signed up for Paul Carter’s Yoke Squad, so I’ll be doing that for at least a little while.

May move back to powerlifting training if I see a meet that I like, but no plans for that right now.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How’s the gas tank on training? Mine got hit hard after covid. On the rebound now tho

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How’s the gas tank on training? Mine got hit hard after covid. On the rebound now tho
Nothing was real cardio intensive, so I haven’t had any issues there yet. We’ll see how legs treats me next week since I’ll be back in full swing. Strength was in the shitter for sure though.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Flying to Chicago for the long weekend. Might get a session or two in, might not. We’ll see how the weekend goes (and how much alcohol is consumed).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have fun in Chicago, don't injure anything while drinking! ;)

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Flying to Chicago for the long weekend. Might get a session or two in, might not. We’ll see how the weekend goes (and how much alcohol is consumed).
what do you do in chicago?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just coming up to hang out for the long weekend. Will catch a baseball game tonight, but no serious plans.
whitesox or cubs? im addicted to baseball since i started legal betting. turned $50 into $500 in 3 months slow n steady

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you had fun in Chicago, and well away from any of the mess going on there this weekend.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you had fun in Chicago, and well away from any of the mess going on there this weekend.
Yeah, it was a great time. Got out just in time, apparently. Saw the news when I got off the plane back in Houston this evening.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What’s up fuckers? Finished up my job for the summer and have been able to consistently get in the gym again this week. Doing Paul Carter’s Yoke Squad programming and just tracking on the app. Probably won’t be posting daily workouts in here while I’m doing that, but I intend to keep this live for weekly updates about strength and physique changes.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What’s up, fuckers! Finally graduated from school, so I have more time to start regularly updating this bitch again for training. Right now I’m training 5x a week (Chest/Back/Shoulders/Arms/Legs) and am starting an aggressive mini-cut this week, which I expect to last 3-4 weeks before I start ramping up to build a bit of meat.

Body weight currently hovers between 195-200lbs.

And today I hit:

Converging Incline Press: 290 x 7, 230 x 7
Magnum Sternal Chest Press: 225 x 7, 200 x 7
Seated Cable Fly: 40 x 9, 30 x 10
Costal Pec Fly: 60 x 8
Loaded Pec Stretch: 20 x 60seconds