Jimothy's Back (and worse than ever)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Needing to get back to being accountable for my training, so we're logging again. Life's been hectic as **** for the last year, and I haven't been great about consistently getting the work in.

Got a couple days in this week that I'll upload shortly. Current plan is 4x a week on modified conjugate (M/Tu/Th/F) with 3-5x a week in the boxing gym (though what I do there is variable and likely won't be logged except to note that it happened).

Life update: no longer own a gym, so I'm at a commercial gym for the foreseeable future.

It's good to be back, fuckers.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Upper (yesterday)

Inc. Bench: 155 x 2, 175 x 1, 185 x 1, 190 x 1
DB Bench: 90 x 5 x 2
HS Pulldown: 70 x 12, 10, 7
HS Inc.: 75 x 9, 75 (drop) x 5/5/6
HS Row: 90 x 9, 8, 6
Cable Fly (3 heights): 13 x 10, 8, 7

PM: cardio at boxing gym

ME Lower

Oly Squat: 135 x 8, 185 x 2, 185 x 1
Seated Leg Curl: 90 x 11, 110 x 6
Hack Squat: 90 x 15, 15, 15
Leg Ext: 60 x 10, 10

Notes: adductor locked up bad while warming up on squats. Tried to loosen it up to see if I could keep working up, but it just didn't feel right today. We'll see if next week goes better.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bodyweight is down to about 175 right now, and not a great 175 either. Need to tighten it up some, but hopefully getting back into the gym regularly will help me keep my eating schedule more consistent and less full of McDonald's.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Il follow along, I lift and box as well. Just dropped from 5 days lifting to 3 days so I can focus more on boxing. Gonna fight on June 11th.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome Back Brother!!!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Il follow along, I lift and box as well. Just dropped from 5 days lifting to 3 days so I can focus more on boxing. Gonna fight on June 11th.
I don't know if I'll end up getting back in the ring for anything but sparring in the gym, but we'll see how I feel after a few months. Good luck with your fight!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't know if I'll end up getting back in the ring for anything but sparring in the gym, but we'll see how I feel after a few months. Good luck with your fight!
I'm turning 37 this month, the last time I fought a legit boxing match was 17 years ago lol. Shall be interesting

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome back, bud.

Just out of curiosity, and I imagine it could be a touchy subject because I wouldn’t be happy losing a gym that was as stout as what you had, but do you mind sharing where your gym went and why I didn’t get a shot at the equipment?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome back, bud.

Just out of curiosity, and I imagine it could be a touchy subject because I wouldn’t be happy losing a gym that was as stout as what you had, but do you mind sharing where your gym went and why I didn’t get a shot at the equipment?
Ex-wife and I are getting divorced, so we had to sell the gym to sell the house. I think she posted it on FB marketplace, but it all sold to a single buyer out in Arkansas.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm turning 37 this month, the last time I fought a legit boxing match was 17 years ago lol. Shall be interesting
We both turning into 37 year antiques in the next 60 days

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ex-wife and I are getting divorced, so we had to sell the gym to sell the house. I think she posted it on FB marketplace, but it all sold to a single buyer out in Arkansas.
Sorry to hear. I remember seeing a ton of goodies in your possession. Time to get that rebound physique!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the divorce, but hopefully you will find you are happier in your new stage of life!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys. It was for the best. I'll miss the gym, but maybe I'll have another one some day when I'm done with school. I'm also in Houston right now, so away from the gym for a couple of days because I don't have any clothes here, but I'll be back to it soon.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. It was for the best. I'll miss the gym, but maybe I'll have another one some day when I'm done with school. I'm also in Houston right now, so away from the gym for a couple of days because I don't have any clothes here, but I'll be back to it soon.
Walmart clothes bro. Get you a $5 pair of shorts and a similarly priced graphic tee, some budget underwear. We would do this on camping trips or if someone needed a shirt for tacky for stones.

Nothing says I’m about to load some stones like a $5 graphic tee from Walmart.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Walmart clothes bro. Get you a $5 pair of shorts and a similarly priced graphic tee, some budget underwear. We would do this on camping trips or if someone needed a shirt for tacky for stones.

$21 for those Avis sneakers or whatever there called. They're actually super light and comfortable I use them for work shoes what I don't need steel toes lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear. If you’re ever in Jacksonville you have a place to lift at.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

What’s underwear?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
35 but who’s counting
I'm counting, in 7 more days I'm turning 30 for the 7th time

Funny enough I don't really celebrate my birthday any more, I just plan to hit a PR at the gym that day and go out for a cheat meal.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A long is a good idea, it will help keep you on track and accountable !!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know how your dick will just hang out of the legs of your shorts because it’s so long? So we wear underwear to keep it from dangling out in public
But, flaunt it if ya got it right?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I'll probably end up making a run if it comes to that. I'm kind of planning to drive back to my apartment in Austin tomorrow, so I can grab some clothes there if I need to come back to Houston

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Subbed. +1 for some cheap gear so you can train!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back at it again. I'm still in Houston, so I won't be at the boxing gym until the middle of next week, but I'll try to get some cardio in at the 24hr.

ME Upper

Smith High Incline: 185 x 1, 195 x 1
CGBP: 185 x 5 x 3
Cable Pulldown: 130 x 6, 100 x 9
HS Inc: 90 x 7, 70 x 9 (+partials to failure)
Cable Row: 115 x 8, 85 x 10
Machine Flyes: 85 x 9, 70 x 8

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have a Great Leg Day !!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It comes back

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ME Lower

HiBar Squat: 275 x 1, 295 x 1
Leg Press: 3pps x 6 x 3
Leg Extensions: 70 x 12, 60 x 15, 50 x 20
Lying Ham Curl: 90 x 7, 70 x 12

Damn. I've gotten weak as **** in the last year
Just keep showing up homie; Rome wasn’t built in a day

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back home in Austin today. Should be able to get back on my normal schedule, but will be picking it up tomorrow. Have some serious work I have to do on a 25 page paper before Friday, but I’m hoping that won’t be too big of a time suck. Driving back to Houston Thursday or Friday, but will only be there for a few days and should be able to get into a gym without issue. We’ll see how that actually pans out lol.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back home in Austin today. Should be able to get back on my normal schedule, but will be picking it up tomorrow. Have some serious work I have to do on a 25 page paper before Friday, but I’m hoping that won’t be too big of a time suck. Driving back to Houston Thursday or Friday, but will only be there for a few days and should be able to get into a gym without issue. We’ll see how that actually pans out lol.
Good luck on the paper. What’s the topic?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck on the paper. What’s the topic?
I’m comparing the standard of review for a mistake of law in an arbitration to the standard of review used by courts when reviewing lower court decisions to assess how different they are and if a mistake of law (even an egregious one) is something that a court can use to vacate an award from an international commercial arbitration.

Which is a lot of words to say: nothing fun or cool.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hmmmmmm
@jinxie
Haha, that’s actually a really important topic in law! Let me know if you need any assistance. Generally, as long as there is good faith, a mistake of law is not reviewable post arbitration. Efficient but you’re selling your appellate rights.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, that’s actually a really important topic in law! Let me know if you need any assistance. Generally, as long as there is good faith, a mistake of law is not reviewable post arbitration. Efficient but you’re selling your appellate rights.
Yeah, there are very limited instances where it can lead to vacatur of an award (the so-called “manifest disregard of law” standard), even though the language of both the FAA and the New York Convention would seem to suggest that an error of law should be reviewable at the enforcement stage. I might throw the rough draft at you when I finish it if you think you’d have time just to review it for substance.

Though I expect it will already change a ton between the rough and the final, since the professor only gave me 3 weeks for all the research and writing of the rough draft but then I’ll have like 5 between the rough draft and the final one (which I think is stupid as ****, but oh well).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Let's get working those legs !!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, there are very limited instances where it can lead to vacatur of an award (the so-called “manifest disregard of law” standard), even though the language of both the FAA and the New York Convention would seem to suggest that an error of law should be reviewable at the enforcement stage. I might throw the rough draft at you when I finish it if you think you’d have time just to review it for substance.

Though I expect it will already change a ton between the rough and the final, since the professor only gave me 3 weeks for all the research and writing of the rough draft but then I’ll have like 5 between the rough draft and the final one (which I think is stupid as ****, but oh well).
Sure, let me know. Manifest disregard is basically an intentional error. You could spoon feed the arbitrator and they could still get it wrong without any review right, absent extreme and intentional disregard, even if the rules require strict statutory compliance. That’s the price you pay for finality. Good luck!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry, I don't speak lawyer !!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure I’ll make it into the gym today. Way behind on this paper, and I think I’m about to just lock myself into the dungeon and get it done. If I don’t make it today, I’ll just have to pick up with ME Squat whenever I finish writing. Really hoping to get this thing done before tomorrow morning. Hoping to not do an all-nighter, but really don’t wanna have to pull one tomorrow night to finish it, so today has to be the day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do what you gotta do Jimbo!