Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not sure I’ll make it into the gym today. Way behind on this paper, and I think I’m about to just lock myself into the dungeon and get it done. If I don’t make it today, I’ll just have to pick up with ME Squat whenever I finish writing. Really hoping to get this thing done before tomorrow morning. Hoping to not do an all-nighter, but really don’t wanna have to pull one tomorrow night to finish it, so today has to be the day.
Brew that pot of coffee and put your nose to the grindstone - it’s a rough draft so let it flow and don’t be too selective about what you throw down. Gotta build some fat in to trim later anyway.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still not done, but getting there. Went to bed at 7:30 this morning and slept 5ish hours. Have been back at it for a few hours. Hoping it won’t be another late night tonight. I think I can get it done without staying up all night, though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Still not done, but getting there. Went to bed at 7:30 this morning and slept 5ish hours. Have been back at it for a few hours. Hoping it won’t be another late night tonight. I think I can get it done without staying up all night, though.
MOAR COFFEEEEEEE

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When it rains it pours, apparently. Came down with food poisoning or something a few hours ago and have been pretty well glued to my toilet ever since. Not sure how I’m going to get this stupid fucking paper done now.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Move that laptop to the bathroom. It has to get done.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Move that laptop to the bathroom. It has to get done.
All of my work is on the desktop lol. Not sure I could even write this on a laptop with all of the resources and other bs I have open. But I’ll do my best to get it done. Might get a 12hr extension from the professor, but either way I don’t wanna be doing this past 5pm tomorrow.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did end up getting a short extension. New deadline is 9am tomorrow, but I’m wrapping up right now. Didn’t get a lot done early in the day because I was still not having a great time, but I’m feeling better now and am finally being productive.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fahk yeah! Nice work, that was a grinder. All done with the food poisoning?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congrats on getting it done!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro I hope so or that ride to Houston is gonna be awful
This!

But yeah, had some issues still early in the day on Friday, but they had pretty well resolved themselves by 6pm or so. Was dehydrated as **** and my old Army joints were screaming at me at the beginning of the day, but it all worked itself out.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on getting it done!
I mean, you know how it is. Sometimes there’s just **** with this stuff that you’ve gotta grind out, so that’s what I did. Here’s hoping it wasn’t a steaming pile of garbage

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, it may be too early to be drunk, but I’ve been drinking with my stepdad since I got to Houston at like 7:45, and I’m for sure feeling it right now. Post-dehydration alcohol probably not a great mix, but I’m sure I’m gonna have a great time at John Mulaney’s show tonight if I can keep this buzz going ‘til then

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whatcha drinkin? Better be some Garrison Brothers!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m more of a Scotch guy, personally, but I’ll have to try it. I’ve got a few bourbons back at my place, but for the life of me can’t remember which ones.
It’s a great Texas whiskey. Very underrated imo. This one is quite unique, double oaked (twice barrel aged) and has a good proof to it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s a great Texas whiskey. Very underrated imo. This one is quite unique, double oaked (twice barrel aged) and has a good proof to it.
I wish I liked bourbon more. It seems to be the drink of choice for many. I have a bottle of Stanton's at the house that was given to me. I can muster to enjoy it on occasion but I am just not that into the smoky flavor. I am more of a Rye guy, or my old school favorite Crown, it is like the Iced Tea of Whiskey. LOL

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have never tasted whiskey ! Nor do I have a desire to.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Motherfucker did get done, in case anyone was wondering. Might’ve been hot garbage, but only time we’ll tell . Heading to H-Town now, should be back on my regular schedule Monday
I mean, you know how it is. Sometimes there’s just **** with this stuff that you’ve gotta grind out, so that’s what I did. Here’s hoping it wasn’t a steaming pile of garbage
I’ve busted out some hot garbage that returned some A’s. It’s about their requirements, not what you’re capable of.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve busted out some hot garbage that returned some A’s. It’s about their requirements, not what you’re capable of.
It actually turned out ok. I have some revisions I have to make before turning the final version in at the end of this month, but that draft wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be when I submitted it.

Also, gym membership expired, so I’m gymless right now. Gonna look around for a new gym (cuz 24hr sucks ass) this week. Until then, just doing calisthenics and boxing workouts.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heading to check out a new gym in the next 30 minutes. Will do a normal ME upper session there and if I like it I’ll go back tomorrow and do ME Lower in the morning.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Heading to check out a new gym in the next 30 minutes. Will do a normal ME upper session there and if I like it I’ll go back tomorrow and do ME Lower in the morning.
I hope you have found a home!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bench: 40kg x 10, 60kg x 6, 80kg x 2, 90kg x 1, 100kg x 1
DB High Incline Bench: 60 x 5, 70 x 5, 5
Machine Row: 3pps x 6, 2pps x 10
Converging Incline Machine: 2pps x 7, 1pps x 10
Lat Pulldown: 121 x 7, 110 x 9

Did find a new home. Much more conjugate friendly

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read that as 1,100 kg x 1 at first glance
****, I wish. I was super disappointed by how slow that moved today. Supposed to meet a buddy tomorrow for legs. Might have to kill us both since there will be an audience for my workout this time lol. Pray for him.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love to hear that motivation !!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lying Leg Curl: 120 x 9, 110 x 14
Low Bar Squat: 330 x 1
Hack Squat: 2.5pps x 5, 2 (drop) 2pps x 2, 2pps x 5
Standing Leg Curl: 70 x 6, 45 x 12

Thought we might do pendulum squats for a couple sets, but we were cooked after this. The hacks were a motherfucker. Could’ve gone heavier on the squat cuz it moved pretty well, but had a sharp pain coming out of the hole in my left knee and decided it was better to live to fight another day. All things considered, I’m not unhappy with that weight.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would usually do seated instead, but didn’t wanna wait for the machine and they aren’t all that different.
Now if you did all three (Lying, Sitting, Standing) I might be worried for your hamstrings! ;)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hamstrings would definitely be dead after that workout!
Usually my first leg day is more quad heavy (that’s why I wanted pendulum squats too) and my second is a hamstring focus. But I need to get a second membership for a gym in Houston cuz I’m here so often towards the end of the week, so I haven’t been able to hit the second days for upper and lower for a few weeks.

I’ll probably try to do that tomorrow.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Usually my first leg day is more quad heavy (that’s why I wanted pendulum squats too) and my second is a hamstring focus. But I need to get a second membership for a gym in Houston cuz I’m here so often towards the end of the week, so I haven’t been able to hit the second days for upper and lower for a few weeks.

I’ll probably try to do that tomorrow.
Nice! I've heard there's a lot of good gyms in Houston but have never been there though.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Might not do much lifting this week. Got into a bar fight Sunday night against 3 dudes and have been a little sore since then. I gave worse than I got, but ribs are a little sore and my right hand is swollen as ****. Cardio?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Might not do much lifting this week. Got into a bar fight Sunday night against 3 dudes and have been a little sore since then. I gave worse than I got, but ribs are a little sore and my right hand is swollen as ****. Cardio?
Lol. Sounds like my younger days. What precipitated it?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. Sounds like my younger days. What precipitated it?
A woman, obviously lol. A friend I was out with can get a little feisty when she’s drinking and she said something that this group of girls didn’t like and they escalated it which meant the guys they were with had to get involved.

And neither of us are very good at backing down from a confrontation, so it just spiraled from there.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just keep yourself from behind bars and you’ll enjoy it a lot more
Tbh I had fun, but definitely would’ve been less fun if I got arrested. Fortunately, this was an easy self-defense situation.

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Tbh I had fun, but definitely would’ve been less fun if I got arrested. Fortunately, this was an easy self-defense situation.
Getting arrested sucks and can be very expensive! It’s really not worth it. Take it out on the iron.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer