It's fuggin here now old fuggers contest prep Extravaganza!!!!!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going down to around -20 something Fahrenheit this morning. Will have to really bundle up and move fast.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did get it done and I hammered it no doubt, I didn't feel a big strength increase as much this week but I am very solid on my lifts and I am getting bigger and leaner. A bit concerned about deadlifts and my proposed 20 lb increase which is going to be challenging.

Obar curls 8/8/8/12
Decline tri extension 8/8/8/12
Leg curl 8/8/8/12
Calf Raise 8/8/8/12/15

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I made it, it was fuggin cold but doable...
damn u r a champ brogan, props all day
ima heading out to the garage today to get legwork in..
my heater broke recently (house furnace, whole shebang) so i'm living in 54 degree temp inside right now with alternative heat
(and none in garage anymore)
cold enuff, sux

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my heater broke recently (house furnace, whole shebang) so i'm living in 54 degree temp inside right now with alternative heat
cold enuff, sux
The thought of it us usually worse than the reality. The thought of missing a workout because of weather is much worse though ...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
cold enuff, sux
Agreed he's a champ and I feel worse for you being in 54 degrees with no reprieve than his temporarily walking in that. At least he can go heat up when he is done. Not taking anything away from you Doug, that just sounds horrible to sit inside where you SHOULD be warm and be stuck at 54 degrees...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed he's a champ and I feel worse for you being in 54 degrees with no reprieve than his temporarily walking in that. At least he can go heat up when he is done. Not taking anything away from you Doug, that just sounds horrible to sit inside where you SHOULD be warm and be stuck at 54 degrees...
My house is really cold too not 54 but around 60 in the am, we don't turn the heat on much. I will just grab a blanket. 54 would not be good though. 2 blankets :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah under a blanket I would be good just wouldn't want to be under one all day.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup, when the temp inside is close to your age, that's bad.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My wife would be complaining that her bones hurt if the house was 54 all day. She already has low blood pressure, she gets cold so easily...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
always lulz at the conversation in DWs thread :D

sux
not gonna fix it either, gonna be leaving soon..will let new owners deal with that
not thrilled with idea of shelling out $4-5k for new furnace, to get me thru next couple months

My wife would be complaining that her bones hurt if the house was 54 all day. She already has low blood pressure, she gets cold so easily...
was always an issue with me as well..i'm cold-blooded anyway, prefer it cool, but this..
ahh, it's nonsense
my eyeball is frozen!
:doh:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cold again today about the same but I am completely winterized now.

Yesterday..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So the consensus is that I am getting leaner there is no doubt that is true. I put on one of my sweaters I haven't worn in a while and it was too small. Damn it wasn't that small last year when I was like close to 220 and way higher body fat. I must be getting bigger as well so tomorrows weigh in will be interesting.

Even though I haven't felt the massive strength increase my body is changing favorably. I do feel extra energy in my muscles and I have more power, just not as shocking as some others experienced.

I took some pride yesterday when I looked around and I realized I was the biggest and leanest guy in the gym. This is often the case but it just sort of got me beaming, I wonder what people think when they see that visibly the best conditioned athlete is some old fugger. It's not a gym where you see a lot of bodybuilder types though.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
So the consensus is that I am getting leaner there is no doubt that is true. I put on one of my sweaters I haven't worn in a while and it was too small. Damn it wasn't that small last year when I was like close to 220 and way higher body fat. I must be getting bigger as well so tomorrows weigh in will be interesting.

Even though I haven't felt the massive strength increase my body is changing favorably. I do feel extra energy in my muscles and I have more power, just not as shocking as some others experienced.

I took some pride yesterday when I looked around and I realized I was the biggest and leanest guy in the gym. This is often the case but it just sort of got me beaming, I wonder what people think when they see that visibly the best conditioned athlete is some old fugger. It's not a gym where you see a lot of bodybuilder types though.
One of few who is also a good bloke.

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great, sounds like you are getting bigger for sure. I love when I look the leanest in the gym. I have never been the biggest but there are a decent amount of BB'ers and steroid users in both gyms that I workout at so at any given point there can be someone bigger or leaner than me.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I wonder what people think when they see that visibly the best conditioned athlete is some old fugger
A high level of jealousy my man. It's like me looking at Tony Horton and thinking "How the hell?, Your almost twice my age Tony you *******!". Now I can start saying that about you DW

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A high level of jealousy my man. It's like me looking at Tony Horton and thinking "How the hell?, Your almost twice my age Tony you *******!". Now I can start saying that about you DW
That dude is in ridiculously good shape.

His beach workouts are ridiculous, even for someone my age.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great, sounds like you are getting bigger for sure. I love when I look the leanest in the gym. I have never been the biggest but there are a decent amount of BB'ers and steroid users in both gyms that I workout at so at any given point there can be someone bigger or leaner than me.
Yah mostly small folk at this gym...

Don't he hatin...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  1. Yah it's amazing what I have been able to do, I have created my own spreadsheet that tracks my weekly intake then tells me how much I have left for my refeed day. I just put in my basic rate and update my intake and activity on a daily basis and it calculates how much I have on top of what I can eat for that day. If I still have left over cals or overdo it on my refeed I just carry that deficit or surplus over into the next week and it automatically makes the adjustments. I have only done it in a basic spreadsheet but I can use analytics software to creat all kinds of wild stuff. I have calculations that alter the reslults and then adjust the factors till have a correct number based on results. That's like chaos theory, it doesn't matter of the numbers are all right but it is the fact that you have the right amounts in the end. That's how analytics works. It's amazing how accurate you can get a plan to work.

The spreadsheet is mickey mouse, some day I will develop a database of analytical properties that will be simple for anyone to use and tell them exactly what they need to do to get to their goals. You will be able to track macros based on results, you will have optimum levels and that becomes your plan but you will be able to tweak it on a daily basis so even you will be able to benefit. Analytics are all about agility and flexibility that's why the more variables the greater chances of accuracy. I love this stuff, it doesn't matter if you are right about your assuptions but it will eventually give you the correct assumptions. This is the wave of modern thinking that will take us into the future.
  2. This might be a bit confusing so I will use a very simple scenario that I am using right now. 1 have a calories allowed on workout days and cals allowed on burn days. I have one factor a valid activity factor and that factor is the percentage of my activity that actually is added to my diet based on the calories I have burned. Right now the factor is .8 or 80%. Now I have been able to matain my weight exactly almost using these 3 criteria.

Whose to say though that the factor is right or the percieved calories are. I could certainly come up with the same answer by increasing the factor and decreasing my base amonts right. Which is right ? Let me tell you the answer ...

It doesn't fuggin Matter!! I have a spreadsheet that tells me exactly what the fug to do to maintain my fuggin weight. Now think if I started taking body comp measurement and monitoring my macros and added more factors. I could do the same for precise body compositon criteria I could add factors for what I am cycling what supps I was fuggin using. This if fuggin money baby!!!!

Moved this over here so not to lose it, I will need a lot of peoples ideas if I am going to design thsi.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Interesting stuff old fugger. Can only get better as you go!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah now to find the time. I may get a chance to do something this summer when things are slower and I'm talking courses.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
[*]Yah it's amazing what I have been able to do, I have created my own spreadsheet that tracks my weekly intake then tells me how much I have left for my refeed day. I just put in my basic rate and update my intake and activity on a daily basis and it calculates how much I have on top of what I can eat for that day. If I still have left over cals or overdo it on my refeed I just carry that deficit or surplus over into the next week and it automatically makes the adjustments. I have only done it in a basic spreadsheet but I can use analytics software to creat all kinds of wild stuff. I have calculations that alter the reslults and then adjust the factors till have a correct number based on results. That's like chaos theory, it doesn't matter of the numbers are all right but it is the fact that you have the right amounts in the end. That's how analytics works. It's amazing how accurate you can get a plan to work.

The spreadsheet is mickey mouse, some day I will develop a database of analytical properties that will be simple for anyone to use and tell them exactly what they need to do to get to their goals. You will be able to track macros based on results, you will have optimum levels and that becomes your plan but you will be able to tweak it on a daily basis so even you will be able to benefit. Analytics are all about agility and flexibility that's why the more variables the greater chances of accuracy. I love this stuff, it doesn't matter if you are right about your assuptions but it will eventually give you the correct assumptions. This is the wave of modern thinking that will take us into the future.
[*]This might be a bit confusing so I will use a very simple scenario that I am using right now. 1 have a calories allowed on workout days and cals allowed on burn days. I have one factor a valid activity factor and that factor is the percentage of my activity that actually is added to my diet based on the calories I have burned. Right now the factor is .8 or 80%. Now I have been able to matain my weight exactly almost using these 3 criteria.

Whose to say though that the factor is right or the percieved calories are. I could certainly come up with the same answer by increasing the factor and decreasing my base amonts right. Which is right ? Let me tell you the answer ...

It doesn't fuggin Matter!! I have a spreadsheet that tells me exactly what the fug to do to maintain my fuggin weight. Now think if I started taking body comp measurement and monitoring my macros and added more factors. I could do the same for precise body compositon criteria I could add factors for what I am cycling what supps I was fuggin using. This if fuggin money baby!!!!

Moved this over here so not to lose it, I will need a lot of peoples ideas if I am going to design thsi.
No not confusing at all. That is a awesome piece if software you've got there. May I suggest you write the code for smartphones? Paired with proper advertising you could make a few dollars

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No not confusing at all. That is a awesome piece if software you've got there. May I suggest you write the code for smartphones? Paired with proper advertising you could make a few dollars
I know lots of design to do yet though.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fuggers, Fuggers, Fuggers...

I was a fuggin beast today!! I started my deads at 315 for 8 raw... it went pretty well then the guy I was working with added another 20 lbs and I said fug it!! I pulled 8 and fuggin killed it!! That's up 40 lbs from last week so I am not fearing next weeks increase. Cleans went well and pullups are always strained after that. I finished with 7 sets of lat pulldowns 30 seconds rest. Nice ache in the lats this time.

Now the fuggin weight in!! I didn't know what to expect cuz I can see I am bigger but I am significantly leaner as well. 2 oh fuggin 3!! Up another 2.5 lbs from last week that's 4 lbs while geting at least a few lbs leaner Fug Yah!!! Old fuggers back with a vengence!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We old fuggers rule! Congrats on the DL PR!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Hell yeah DW. I would love to see you doing that shyt at my gym. Just scaring the hell outta all the kids around you!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We old fuggers rule! Congrats on the DL PR!
Not a PR but good lift for where I am now. I used to pull 500 but not raw so hard to compare.

Hell yeah DW. I would love to see you doing that shyt at my gym. Just scaring the hell outta all the kids around you!
Watch out kids big old fugger coming though :)

<*crowd chant swelling in background>

old fuggers..old fuggers..old fuggers

:clap2:
Whoo hoo!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't too bad at my last show... funny how you look better after you go back and look at older pics..

mm1.jpg
mm9.jpg

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bigger last summer though...

DSC0124.JPG
DSC0125.JPG
DSC0128.JPG

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fuggers, Fuggers, Fuggers...

I was a fuggin beast today!! I started my deads at 315 for 8 raw... it went pretty well then the guy I was working with added another 20 lbs and I said fug it!! I pulled 8 and fuggin killed it!! That's up 40 lbs from last week so I am not fearing next weeks increase. Cleans went well and pullups are always strained after that. I finished with 7 sets of lat pulldowns 30 seconds rest. Nice ache in the lats this time.

Now the fuggin weight in!! I didn't know what to expect cuz I can see I am bigger but I am significantly leaner as well. 2 oh fuggin 3!! Up another 2.5 lbs from last week that's 4 lbs while geting at least a few lbs leaner Fug Yah!!! Old fuggers back with a vengence!!

damn, nice work!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i agree :D

i see a lot of potential/application..but i am still boggled on how you can design a program to account for all variables i feel need be accounted for

i'm not an IT or programming wizard tho, so maybe i can be surprised :)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using ProteinTrack iPhone app for tracking macros. DW you may want to look at that as a starting point.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i agree :D

i see a lot of potential/application..but i am still boggled on how you can design a program to account for all variables i feel need be accounted for

i'm not an IT or programming wizard tho, so maybe i can be surprised :)
I've been using ProteinTrack iPhone app for tracking macros. DW you may want to look at that as a starting point.
I don't think this is a one man project for sure it's all about design then with the analytical tools at my disposal I can play with it as much as I want till I get something that I like. It automatically loads a spreadsheet based on the analytics.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that is an awsome idea DW good luck with everything!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is an awsome idea DW good luck with everything!!!
Not even moving forward with it yet. I have my spreadsheet and that works for me right now.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
What's the progress for today D Dub?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the progress for today D Dub?
Rest weekend, I am bigger and leaner than I was on Friday and then, I was up 5 lbs and leaner than I was when I started. 550 is the best recomp product and 1-alpha is turning me into superman... Oh and my joints are 100 percent.

Friday

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saturday

I didn't have 3 bags of the rice cakes I had 1 big bag which equal 3 so yah I guess I did.