Injectable L Carnitine, 150mg testosterone and cutting.......?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Something I’ve started doing I picked up from Triana as well as things Jordan Peters has said before is, as soon as I leave the gym or my garage, I take my headphones off and stop listening to anything that pumps me up. If driving I listen to something very chill/soft on the radio or just drive in silence if I can’t find anything suitable. And at home I immediately am playing with or taking care of my son.

The goal is to flip that sympathetic nervous system fight-mode switch off as fast as possible so I can start recovering ASAP.
Ive been hearing more and more about this, especially within the Crossfit community where they often do two a days or more. CBD seems to be something they take for this effect, together with other "calming" supplements. Myself i end all my workouts with 10 minutes cool down on the elliptical followed up by 10-20 minutes of stretching/yoga to try to get tha same effect.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ive been hearing more and more about this, especially within the Crossfit community where they often do two a days or more. CBD seems to be something they take for this effect, together with other "calming" supplements. Myself i end all my workouts with 10 minutes cool down on the elliptical followed up by 10-20 minutes of stretching/yoga to try to get tha same effect.
If anyone has read the RP recovery book it basically boils down to this idea for everything recovery related. Kind of the idea it isn’t the particular activity that is helping lower stress or increase recovery but the way that activity relaxes the individual so finding which things do that for you are best (I am admittedly highly generalizing a nuanced book haha).

Hyde’s points were really good though too and I think it can be individually specific, but do think too many often are stuck in a high arousal state especially around training and it may be counterproductive.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If anyone has read the RP recovery book it basically boils down to this idea for everything recovery related. Kind of the idea it isn’t the particular activity that is helping lower stress or increase recovery but the way that activity relaxes the individual so finding which things do that for you are best (I am admittedly highly generalizing a nuanced book haha).

Hyde’s points were really good though too and I think it can be individually specific, but do think too many often are stuck in a high arousal state especially around training and it may be counterproductive.
I basically spend 2/3 of my day in what I would consider a high arousal or high stress state. I feel like actual recovery is pretty good considering the factors above and the fact in not a strong sleeper. Winding down is not something that comes easy for me. All that said Ive been making pretty good progress and beating my log book almost every workout. I wonder how much I'm still leaving on the table tho with this high strung lifestyle I guess you could call it

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I basically spend 2/3 of my day in what I would consider a high arousal or high stress state. I feel like actual recovery is pretty good considering the factors above and the fact in not a strong sleeper. Winding down is not something that comes easy for me. All that said Ive been making pretty good progress and beating my log book almost every workout. I wonder how much I'm still leaving on the table tho with this high strung lifestyle I guess you could call it
I think it’s probably like something on a continuum and everyone is probably different.

While maybe in a perfect world where you could devote everything towards training and recovering I don’t think a high arousal life would mean you are going to leave a ton of gains on the table, probably just that you may need to be more aware of needing specific tuning to your training and other things outside of it to help recovery may be of more benefit to you. That isn’t directed at you saying you don’t do those things your posts seem like you know what you are doing quite well haha

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think it’s probably like something on a continuum and everyone is probably different.

While maybe in a perfect world where you could devote everything towards training and recovering I don’t think a high arousal life would mean you are going to leave a ton of gains on the table, probably just that you may need to be more aware of needing specific tuning to your training and other things outside of it to help recovery may be of more benefit to you. That isn’t directed at you saying you don’t do those things your posts seem like you know what you are doing quite well haha
I feel like I'm starting to know a lot lol, most of it was learned by screw ups and figuring out how to fix it. I'm sure in the big scheme of things I don't know shyt tho lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's very interesting, and funny enough, the last 3 days that it happened I trained right after work, with my headphones still on my gym mix I had to rush to the grocery store and go home and cook for the kids while everyone is hitting me with a million questions or telling me about there day. Literally the opposite of what I want to do to wind down lol
Exactly; it’s music you enjoy, it helps you feel powerf, and it’s fun to feel switched on - I totally get it. But you have to realize that is costing something & it’s not necessary. Me listening to Hatebreed blasting in my ears when it’s time to drive home is not necessary and makes me a danger to myself in traffic, where I can just pop on a podcast and do my grocery shopping and commute at a normal bp with the same productivity.

Music and mindset are very powerful! Whenever you can, you should be stoic or even relaxed to the point of being lackadaisical; when it’s time to turn it on it should be like a light switch, 0-100 real quick. But if you drive around at 100 you are going to wear yourself out.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Exactly; it’s music you enjoy, it helps you feel powerf, and it’s fun to feel switched on - I totally get it. But you have to realize that is costing something & it’s not necessary. Me listening to Hatebreed blasting in my ears when it’s time to drive home is not necessary and makes me a danger to myself in traffic, where I can just pop on a podcast and do my grocery shopping and commute at a normal bp with the same productivity.

Music and mindset are very powerful! Whenever you can, you should be stoic or even relaxed to the point of being lackadaisical; when it’s time to turn it on it should be like a light switch, 0-100 real quick. But if you drive around at 100 you are going to wear yourself out.
this is so true. I used to listen to hardcore dance/trance when driving and I used to get speeding tickets all the time. Switched to classical for a few years literally to make me chill out behind the wheel and it worked instantly.

nowadays I tend to just have more chilled beats on in the car (or at home when not lifting) for sure. Actually had a moment of being the bigger man last night, was driving with a girl (the one I like), stopped at lights and some dude in a kitted up corsa pulls up next to me, he looks across, blatantly giving me the ‘let’s go’ look (I drive a bmw 6 series GT, no mods but obviously it’s fast) - old me would have instantly flicked into sport mode and activated launch mode, but we were chilled so I just ignored him, lights change and he keeps trying to goad me into it, gave him a little shake of the head and he went, she compliments me on being the bigger man 😃. Music 💯 made the difference

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I'm probably not going to have anything to update for a while, I'm sold on injectable Carnitine for sure. I will update 1 last time twords the end of the first bottle before I make any add ons to what I think would further the benifits of the Carnitine.

Now I do have a question or basically I'm looking for opinions.

Strength is going up, muscular endurance is going up and I added a little surplus of food and a tiny bit of gear, 300mg of injectables and some stanogen. I gained 4 lbs in like 4 days of a small surplus, I want to note I did no boxing those 4 days so it's actually a bigger surplus if you take that I to consideration.

I really want to try to start going heavy again on bench and bring up my legs and triceps while putting everything else kind of in maintenance mode.

Do you think it makes sense to go that route with some specialization or just try to put on overall size. Im ok with putting on bf till my abs dissapear and that would be where I stop and go back to recomp mode or maintenance before cutting.

As long as I keep a couple short boxing sessions in I doubt il get fat anyway. Just kinda torn on which direction to go.

Most of this year I was in a recomp and the second half of last year was dieting then maintenance/recomp. I haven't spent any real time pushing calories since like April of last year

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you asking if you should indeed try to grow some? Sounds like you are okay with gaining a little fat, which does come with a surplus inevitably, and it’s what you want.

Add some gas, add some food, add some harder lifting and you know it will come. A 20-rep death set of widowmaker/“breathing” squats every week and some heavy benching should help meet those goals as well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Are you asking if you should indeed try to grow some? Sounds like you are okay with gaining a little fat, which does come with a surplus inevitably, and it’s what you want.

Add some gas, add some food, add some harder lifting and you know it will come. A 20-rep death set of widowmaker/“breathing” squats every week and some heavy benching should help meet those goals as well.
Lol, I'm sitting here making up a couple different training splits ( I just do it when I'm bored) but 20 rep breathing squat is the main change I put into legs👍. But what I was getting at is this

My workouts are going good, really good. Would it make more sense to stick with what I'm doing to put on overall size or add some specialization for the things I want to improve and go to a maintenance kind of workout for the bodyparts I'm happy with.

I'm just overthinking everything like I always do. The high rep squats, a extra bench day and keeping everything else the same while adding food is probably all I need to do.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol, I'm sitting here making up a couple different training splits ( I just do it when I'm bored) but 20 rep breathing squat is the main change I put into legs. But what I was getting at is this

My workouts are going good, really good. Would it make more sense to stick with what I'm doing to put on overall size or add some specialization for the things I want to improve and go to a maintenance kind of workout for the bodyparts I'm happy with.

I'm just overthinking everything like I always do. The high rep squats, a extra bench day and keeping everything else the same while adding food is probably all I need to do.
You can train as much as you can recover from. So if you are adding food and adding gear, you may not have to sacrifice much from what you’re already doing. Just cut the lowest hanging fruit if you find something needs to go. Maybe a boxing session, or your least favorite accessories, or cut a bit of junk volume (like if you are doing 4-5 sets of something, could you get by with 2-3 sets pushed harder?).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can train as much as you can recover from. So if you are adding food and adding gear, you may not have to sacrifice much from what you’re already doing. Just cut the lowest hanging fruit if you find something needs to go. Maybe a boxing session, or your least favorite accessories, or cut a bit of junk volume (like if you are doing 4-5 sets of something, could you get by with 2-3 sets pushed harder?).
That's pretty much it. I'm planning on dropping 1 boxing day and replacing it with a extra bench focused day. Work harder on legs and All other exercises stay the same. I might have to switch days around to get more rest between certain things but I think that's good. I change my workouts around quite often anyway, like autoregulation to make things fit but no matter how I set it up it always involves the same main exercises and and pushing and pulling tend to be separated so it's never really that different

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Injected pecs for the first time yesterday. Picked the upper inner portion. It went surprisingly well for a virgin muscle. Pinned 150mg in each pec, hit chest and triceps. Pain wasn't horrible but not plesent either. Workout still went well, beat the log book on 5 out of 7 exercises, the last 2 I had a killer pump and couldn't complete the sets, I kept trying to drop the weight but even tho it felt light and there was no burn, I just couldn't perform the motions lol.

Now today the pip is already gone. Just throwing it out there in case anyone wanted to try pecs. Definitely will continue to use them if it always goes that smooth

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah pecs was my go to when inj carnitine, normally I don't like using that site. But even 2ml shots would dissipate quickly leaving no lumps or noticeable scar tissue (I pinned pecs exclusively for 8+ weeks).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah pecs was my go to when inj carnitine, normally I don't like using that site. But even 2ml shots would dissipate quickly leaving no lumps or noticeable scar tissue (I pinned pecs exclusively for 8+ weeks).
When I looked up pec injection sites it shows 3 on each pec, I went with the highest, did you hit multiple spots or always the same spot on the pec

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I looked up pec injection sites it shows 3 on each pec, I went with the highest, did you hit multiple spots or always the same spot on the pec
I tried to vary spots, but always tried to get the chunkiest areas.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Injected pecs for the first time yesterday. Picked the upper inner portion. It went surprisingly well for a virgin muscle. Pinned 150mg in each pec, hit chest and triceps. Pain wasn't horrible but not plesent either. Workout still went well, beat the log book on 5 out of 7 exercises, the last 2 I had a killer pump and couldn't complete the sets, I kept trying to drop the weight but even tho it felt light and there was no burn, I just couldn't perform the motions lol.

Now today the pip is already gone. Just throwing it out there in case anyone wanted to try pecs. Definitely will continue to use them if it always goes that smooth
Bro did the same for my very first time on Wednesday! 200mg left upper inner pec, no lie. You watched Leo’s Cerebrolysin video & got curious about it too, didn’t you??

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bro did the same for my very first time on Wednesday! 200mg left upper inner pec, no lie. You watched Leo’s Cerebrolysin video & got curious about it too, didn’t you??
Lol No, I did recently watch that but it's always been on my list try out as I just have always thought it looks very convenient.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I don't know how long it's been, maybe a week or 10 days, I haven't been tracking. But I ended up adding a little bit of gear. 300mg total of injectables and some stanogen. L carn I've been doing 150mg bilateral, so 300mg per day, 5 days a week.

Since I've last updated this is what's going on.

I sweat rediculous, I have to change my t-shirt 3-4 times a day at work. I work labor and normally I'm changing it 1 time a day but 3 times minum now. Funny enough, it's not my armpits or my ass crack like one might expect. It's my chest, back, shoulders and head that sweat the most. My eyes are a little raw from all the sweat dripping into them.

My bodyweight is up 4-5lbs with no noticable increase in bf.

I haven't tried any real heavy lifts but strength for reps is climbing dramatically on some exercises, mainly the triceps. My gym has one of those seated dip machines. Normally I can do the stack for 10-11 reps. Last real cycle I ran I got the stack for 16 reps. Today I did it for 24 reps and it was my last tricep exercise of the day! And on less then half the gear of my last real cycle. I've been taking advantage of not getting that burn and going higher reps. Normally I do like 3-8 on big lifts and 8-15 maybe 20 on other things but lately 8-25 on everything and using drop sets to hit real failure. Also incorporate some supersets and tri sets with light weights at the end of my workout. Example would be today I did shoulders, biceps, triceps. After my last tricep exercise I grabbed a 50lb ez bar and did 10 curls, 10 skull krushers, 10 behind the neck presses, rest 30 seconds and repeat till I can no longer get 10 reps.

All in all, everything is great. I do plan on picking up some lr3 to use when I start my second bottle of carn.

Planned a last minute vacation in October so I'm going to ride this dose till then and then contemplate adding things and increase things for another 8 weeks or so.

My plan this time around is to continue my cycle till gains go stale for lets say 2 weeks or so and at that point pull the plug. Hoping I can get close to 20 weeks of making progress. That would be sweet

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Same thing man; sweat from the torso and head is wild. But it’s not like an overheating thing, or really even uncomfortable the way it would be if you were sweating from the heat or a thermogenic product.

It’s a metabolic experience

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Same thing man; sweat from the torso and head is wild. But it’s not like an overheating thing, or really even uncomfortable the way it would be if you were sweating from the heat or a thermogenic product.

It’s a metabolic experience
Agreed, I don't feel overheated or anything like that, Just dripping sweat at work all day. It's annoying more then anything

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed, I don't feel overheated or anything like that, Just dripping sweat at work all day. It's annoying more then anything
In a 72* air-conditioned gym I am soaking through my shirts every time.

In my garage with a high 80s heat index due to humidity in the early morning, but fans and shade, I am sweating so much when I pull the shirt off it’s like I pulled it out of water and rang it out.

I’ve always been a sweater, but the bar has definitely been raised.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
In a 72* air-conditioned gym I am soaking through my shirts every time.

In my garage with a high 80s heat index due to humidity in the early morning, but fans and shade, I am sweating so much when I pull the shirt off it’s like I pulled it out of water and rang it out.

I’ve always been a sweater, but the bar has definitely been raised.
Same, except I normally have to be busting ass to really break a sweat. Now it's basically any activity I do I'm sweating through my shirt

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I also feel like I could probably get away with ramping my food up higher without getting fat as fast as I normally would but I'm going to hold off on that test till after my vacation. I got a good deal on plane tickets and a Disney/universal package so I'm taking the kids in October for 6 days

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I also feel like I could probably get away with ramping my food up higher without getting fat as fast as I normally would but I'm going to hold off on that test till after my vacation. I got a good deal on plane tickets and a Disney/universal package so I'm taking the kids in October for 6 days
We’ll be in Orlando as well, early October - maybe we’ll run into you

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
We’ll be in Orlando as well, early October - maybe we’ll run into you
I believe we're going on the 10th or 12th, I gotta double check. Last time I was down there I was in line talking to some random people and it turned out they were from Connecticut and lived 5 minutes from my house lol, then about a week after I got back to town I'm at dinner one night and the same couple walks up to say hi. Small world

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I believe we're going on the 10th or 12th, I gotta double check. Last time I was down there I was in line talking to some random people and it turned out they were from Connecticut and lived 5 minutes from my house lol, then about a week after I got back to town I'm at dinner one night and the same couple walks up to say hi. Small world
Yeah we’ll be there a few days before then for America’s Strongest Woman, then heading to the coast on the 10th for some beach vacay after comp. Small world indeed!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah we’ll be there a few days before then for America’s Strongest Woman, then heading to the coast on the 10th for some beach vacay after comp. Small world indeed!
That sounds awesome

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So this is off topic but I got knocked off a 6ft step ladder last night, not really hurt but I got some shoulder and knee pain.

I think I'm good to train through it but I'm wondering what's everyone's opinion on straight pump work, no failure for a while. Maybe take a weight I can do for 15+ reps and knock out a bunch of sets of 10. Basically just forcing blood till I get a good burn but nothing that feels heavy or causes any pain or aggravation for a week or 2

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So this is off topic but I got knocked off a 6ft step ladder last night, not really hurt but I got some shoulder and knee pain.

I think I'm good to train through it but I'm wondering what's everyone's opinion on straight pump work, no failure for a while. Maybe take a weight I can do for 15+ reps and knock out a bunch of sets of 10. Basically just forcing blood till I get a good burn but nothing that feels heavy or causes any pain or aggravation for a week or 2
It’s your body. You are in charge of taking care of it. Obviously that isn’t optimum for progress, but injury never is. My general opinion is unless there’s some burning reason to stay on the throttle right now, it’s best to stay/get healthy. Gotta survive to train another day, and sometimes that means pulling back a little like you’re saying.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It’s your body. You are in charge of taking care of it. Obviously that isn’t optimum for progress, but injury never is. My general opinion is unless there’s some burning reason to stay on the throttle right now, it’s best to stay/get healthy. Gotta survive to train another day, and sometimes that means pulling back a little like you’re saying.
I ended up going to a buddy's gym and actually had a great workout with little to no pain.
2 plates a side on the smith machine incline bench for a couple sets of 10 then 1 all out set of 23 reps. Flat db press with a pair of 75's for 5 sets and no clue how many reps but around 15 per set. Then stretched it out with some light flys and a bunch of bw dips and finished off with some db skull krushers superset with a close grip db press. So I only took 1 set to failure the whole workout and just moved a bunch of blood around. I'm gonna probably skip all leg stuff that puts any pressure on the knees this week so mostly just hamstring stuff to play it safe

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Check out the latest think big podcast or YouTube video. It's on l-carnitine and everything they say is the exact opposite of the results and effects I'm seeing with it. They basically say it stops you from utilizing your thyroid probably and blunts fat loss, I humbly disagree from first hand experience

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Check out the latest think big podcast or YouTube video. It's on l-carnitine and everything they say is the exact opposite of the results and effects I'm seeing with it. They basically say it stops you from utilizing your thyroid probably and blunts fat loss, I humbly disagree from first hand experience
Is that the Scott McNally podcast? If it is, that one is like broscience from the dark ages.

I haven’t been able to see the outline of my abs this well in a country minute.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is that the Scott McNally podcast? If it is, that one is like broscience from the dark ages.

I agree on the fat loss...at 46 I look like Peter Parker after waking up from a spider bite. Lol

On top of that the weights have been steadily going up.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Him and Dr. Scot Stephenson. He's quoting medical stuff I believe, not broscience. But my broscience disagrees with them lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Him and Dr. Scot Stephenson. He's quoting medical stuff I believe, not broscience. But my broscience disagrees with them lol
Even if it could directly blunt fat loss, the increased androgen receptor utilization would drive fat loss via effectively utilizing more drugs. And anecdotally, we KNOW it contributes at least indirectly to accelerated fatloss.

I mean the how it does it isn’t nearly as important as the what it does, when looking at results.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Even if it could directly blunt fat loss, the increased androgen receptor utilization would drive fat loss via effectively utilizing more drugs. And anecdotally, we KNOW it contributes at least indirectly to accelerated fatloss.

I mean the how it does it isn’t nearly as important as the what it does, when looking at results.
Exactly, my experience is the pilot opposite of what there saying

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh Lord. I refuse to listen to people who make claims , science" that goes against every real world experience. It's like someone saying Creatine doesn't work. Can you give me the cliff notes on what this radiologist "Dr" said?

Thanks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oh Lord. I refuse to listen to people who make claims , science" that goes against every real world experience. It's like someone saying Creatine doesn't work. Can you give me the cliff notes on what this radiologist "Dr" said?

Thanks.
I'd have to go listen again to be certain, but from what I can remember off the top of my head, they were saying injectable carnitine or pretty much any carnitine for that matter once it's loaded up in the muscle it starts to make it so that you don't use your thyroid properly. So if you are going to have your thyroid tested everything would look normal because the levels are normal but you're just not using it and over time basically it's slowing down your metabolism causing fat gain. It should also lower your resting heart rate and cause you to sweat less. All of those things I would say are the opposite of what's going on with me

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd have to go listen again to be certain, but from what I can remember off the top of my head, they were saying injectable carnitine or pretty much any carnitine for that matter once it's loaded up in the muscle it starts to make it so that you don't use your thyroid properly. So if you are going to have your thyroid tested everything would look normal because the levels are normal but you're just not using it and over time basically it's slowing down your metabolism causing fat gain. It should also lower your resting heart rate and cause you to sweat less. All of those things I would say are the opposite of what's going on with me
Actually believe or not I have heard that in the past...bit I'm hypothyroid, on meds and I haven't seen any negative. That being said they're also real world experiences that go against everything hes saying.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Actually believe or not I have heard that in the past...bit I'm hypothyroid, on meds and I haven't seen any negative. That being said they're also real world experiences that go against everything hes saying.
That's basically what I keep saying, that my real world experience goes against everything they said in the podcast

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I actually left a comment on his YouTube video saying the same thing about how my experience was the opposite and a few other things. He didn't respond, he just put a heart on it LOL

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I don't really think I have anything else to say about my experience with Carnitine for a while. If anyone else wants to share go for it.

After my vacation I'm going to pick up some more and some igf lr3 and experiment with a higher dose in combination with the lr3 but that probably won't be till end of October or early November. Till then I'm just keeping everything the same. I did manage to get 10 reps with 275 on flat bench today, the first 6 or 7 were strict and I used some momentum to get to 10. It's not a all time best but the last time I did that I weighed 223 and I'm sitting at 195 right now so it's definitely the best I've done at this bodyweight. I actually tried for 11 and had to have a spot basically upright row it off of me so I'd say I hit failure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I don't really think I have anything else to say about my experience with Carnitine for a while. If anyone else wants to share go for it.

After my vacation I'm going to pick up some more and some igf lr3 and experiment with a higher dose in combination with the lr3 but that probably won't be till end of October or early November. Till then I'm just keeping everything the same. I did manage to get 10 reps with 275 on flat bench today, the first 6 or 7 were strict and I used some momentum to get to 10. It's not a all time best but the last time I did that I weighed 223 and I'm sitting at 195 right now so it's definitely the best I've done at this bodyweight. I actually tried for 11 and had to have a spot basically upright row it off of me so I'd say I hit failure.
What’s the total current PED protocol? Did you say you were running some desoxy-test?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What’s the total current PED protocol? Did you say you were running some desoxy-test?
L carn 300 on training days intramuscular
Testosterone cyp 200mg
Desoxy t 150mg
That's pretty much it.

I used 75mg of anadrol pre-work yesterday but I only did that so I could make sure I was going to out bench the guy I was training with lol. I don't plan on doing any more gear other then what I listed till after my vacation

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
L carn 300 on training days intramuscular
Testosterone cyp 200mg
Desoxy t 150mg
That's pretty much it.

I used 75mg of anadrol pre-work yesterday but I only did that so I could make sure I was going to out bench the guy I was training with lol. I don't plan on doing any more gear other then what I listed till after my vacation
The reason I picked those doses was literally so I'd be injecting 50mg of gear total per day so I could keep the oil volume low enough to use slin pins

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I will try to get a progress picture up in the next few days but I'm roughly the same size, slightly bigger, slightly more vascular, still 195lbs. I think I added 4 lbs the first week of going from trt to what I listed above and I feel like I'm just recomping extremely slowly and strength is going up