Injectable L Carnitine, 150mg testosterone and cutting.......?

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For lats I like Dorian's style of training. Seated pullover machine if you're lucky enough to have one, dumbbell pullovers if not 3 sets followed by pullups. I don't do weighted pullups instead I reduce rest periods between sets to stay in a certain rep range. I row heavy with a narrow angle. I don't bend all the way over. I want 3 plates rattling on each side. I do deads at the end.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
For lats I like Dorian's style of training. Seated pullover machine if you're lucky enough to have one, dumbbell pullovers if not 3 sets followed by pullups. I don't do weighted pullups instead I reduce rest periods between sets to stay in a certain rep range. I row heavy with a narrow angle. I don't bend all the way over. I want 3 plates rattling on each side. I do deads at the end.
That's more twords what I've already been doing. Pullovers with a cable, no access to a machine unfortunately. Heavy rowing with a narrow palms facing grip or a close overhand grip on bent over rows and 2 pulldown variations. Haven't deadlift in a few months but I had plan on adding them back in or even doing them on there own day

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My favorite routine when I had more time was a 5 day. Chest/bis, Legs/abs, shoulders/tris, Back/abs, deads/traps. I gained a ton of size and strength with this. Traps grew a lot too. I added 4 sets of supported rows after chest.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s a good problem to have; easier to add lat width than overall upper back thickness.

The cable pullovers are fine to warm things up but they’re not going to load it as well as Db or EZBar pullovers would. Something to try.

But I never do pullovers and my lats flare out pretty wide. I do pretty consistently keep chin-ups or pull-ups in the program over the years, and I feel if you have access to the v-grip/45* angled out chin handles at a gym those hit the lats really well. Otherwise pull-ups where you let the scaps fully relax at the bottom are the next best for me.

Db rowing is a solid option. Either incline-bench chest-supported for 12-20 reps to keep the Db weight down, or one-arm with a strap and let your shoulder fully relax/full lat stretch at the bottom. Always rowing from the elbow and squeezing the lat every time at the top for a half a moment. You don’t have to use a strap but you will probably want one to better focus on the execution instead of focusing on hanging on.

I also engage them heavily when I deadlift for stabilization. If you don’t do this, try sweep deads. Choke a couple bands to a rack or something in front of you and attach to the ends of the barbell and face the rack. This way the bands are trying to pull the bar away from your body while you deadlift, and you must actively contract them to keep it close.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think I'm gonna try doing 2 back days, one where I do the stuff he suggested to me and another day doing my normal style but adding in some heavier pullovers with the db or barbell and trying out some deadlifts as mentioned in @Hyde posted above

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Going to be training with the same guy again and we're going to do back and legs together lol should be miserable.

Anyway, l-carnitine update, I know Its kinda gone away from the Topic but I've got some updates.

About a week ago I noticed I'm not really getting the benifits I mentioned earlier, or I'm just getting use to it so it's less noticable. But the excessive sweating has definitely calmed down. I've also been reading about the benifits of intra and post workout Carnitine so last workout I added 1000mg oral Carnitine to my intra workout shake and some extra dextrose to see if it changes anything.

Aside from that I got picked to log a product for apex so when that arrives in the mail I'm going back to trt but keeping the Carnitine in. This way I can give a honest opinion of there product and also I will feel better about starting my next cycle in November knowing Im coming in clean and fresh and can get accurate bloodwork done pre next cycle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If anyone is interested in the workout were doing rack pulls from below the knee superset with wide pull ups
Squats
Pull overs
Legpress
Chest supported rows
Split squats
Single arm pulldowns.

Very unconventional for me but it's what he wants to do so I don't really mind.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I feel like the sweats have calmed some as well. I mean it’s cooled off here some, but I am pretty sure there’s been some accommodation as well.

I also did a max front hold (25lb hammer held 90* straight out with both arms locked elbows) for a raffle at a competition last weekend and was just sailing along, zero burn, then suddenly I just failed absolutely with almost no warning. I have done that event at a strongman show in the past for a tie-breaker, and normally it’s all about mentally fighting through the burn. So I do believe I’m still getting the lactic acid buffering fully.

If anyone is interested in the workout were doing rack pulls from below the knee superset with wide pull ups
Squats
Pull overs
Legpress
Chest supported rows
Split squats
Single arm pulldowns.

Very unconventional for me but it's what he wants to do so I don't really mind.
I predict it’s going to hurt!

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Man split squats are tough. They work so well it's a love hate thing doing them. I'm thinking about adding carnatine so looking forward to updates.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Man split squats are tough. They work so well it's a love hate thing doing them. I'm thinking about adding carnatine so looking forward to updates.
I hate split squats, I was only using a pair of 45 lb dumbbells and they burned like a mofo. I also have extremely good balance from years of wrestling and boxing and I found myself having a hard time keeping my balance doing them.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I hate split squats, I was only using a pair of 45 lb dumbbells and they burned like a mofo. I also have extremely good balance from years of wrestling and boxing and I found myself having a hard time keeping my balance doing them.
Actually I wouldn't even call it a burn it was more like the feeling of a charlie horse coming on lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's like a lunge but your back leg is up on a bench and you front leg out in front of you. I find it far more difficult then a lunge and I definitely can feel it hitting muscles that a lunge doesn't hit. There's variations of split squats, if you search Bulgarian split squat you'll get a good idea of what it is

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's like a lunge but your back leg is up on a bench and you front leg out in front of you. I find it far more difficult then a lunge and I definitely can feel it hitting muscles that a lunge doesn't hit. There's variations of split squats, if you search Bulgarian split squat you'll get a good idea of what it is
It also didn't help that I did them after squats and leg presses and made them a hell of a lot harder

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
On that note, I kinda liked yesterday's workout. Alternating between back and legs seemed to keep me stronger on each exercise because basically the back would get rest during leg exercises and vise versa. What I did notice is as the workout progressed it started turning into cardio as I was just gassed from doing so many compound lifts. Then at the end we dropped the weight low and really focused on targeting the muscle and stretching the muscle between sets.

These were the working sets
Rack pulls 350x8 superset with bw pullups to failure on each set.

Squat 275x8,8,6 not really hitting failure.

Chest supported db row 70's x12,11,8 drop set 50's x6

Legpress 5 plates a side for 3 sets of 20+

Single arm pulldowns on a machine 3x15 reps with a forced stretch at the top of every rep.

Split squats with 45' didn't count reps.

Then we hit the step mill or whatever it's called and climbed stairs for 10 min

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol. F that
Bro they are the worst. It’s such a big ROM and hits so much; the DOMS from split squats is just bonkers when you aren’t used to them.

I know, but my overall leg size is one of my biggest weakness. I need to work on them lol
Yeah I am considering tossing them back in next week and seeing if I can hang; I really hate unilateral work and split squats especially, but they have a really high pay out in my opinion.

That’s one of Chris Duffin’s dynamic movement preparations, to get you mobile, warm & prepared to squat or pull heavy. But I’m like, what the hell’s going to prepare me for these damn split squats??

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bro they are the worst. It’s such a big ROM and hits so much; the DOMS from split squats is just bonkers when you aren’t used to them.

Yeah I am considering tossing them back in next week and seeing if I can hang; I really hate unilateral work and split squats especially, but they have a really high pay out in my opinion.

That’s one of Chris Duffin’s dynamic movement preparations, to get you mobile, warm & prepared to squat or pull heavy. But I’m like, what the hell’s going to prepare me for these damn split squats??
The thing I find strangest about them is that the weight doesn't need to feel heavy at all and you can still feel the damage being done lol, do you think there's any benefit to loading them up heavy and doing them in a Smith machine? Or do you think taking the balance out of the equation kind of eliminates the benefit

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I hate splits and single leg deadlifts. And that is why they are so damn effective. Especially RNT banded Bulgarian splits, for me anyways.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The thing I find strangest about them is that the weight doesn't need to feel heavy at all and you can still feel the damage being done lol, do you think there's any benefit to loading them up heavy and doing them in a Smith machine? Or do you think taking the balance out of the equation kind of eliminates the benefit
Firmly believe the balance equation is why it excels.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Firmly believe the balance equation is why it excels.
Yeah balance is big component of getting so much firing to manage what are otherwise unimpressive weights. That and the ROM. You just end up with a lot of recruitment and getting blood into a lot of areas as well.

There’s a recent video on Eric Bugenhagen’s channel of him training with Juji Mufu where he does something like 315 or even 365 on a split squat max single; totally nutty.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick question when mixing peptides...should I mix when both are cold or at room temp??

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Quick question when mixing peptides...should I mix when both are cold or at room temp??
I'm a little confused, are you asking once it's already been reconstituted and you want to mix two of them together? If so once there reconstituted they should remain cold. Draw up whatever your going to use as soon as you take it out the fridge that way you can put the rest away and let what's in your syringe get to room temperature before injecting if you want

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a little confused, are you asking once it's already been reconstituted and you want to mix two of them together? If so once there reconstituted they should remain cold. Draw up whatever your going to use as soon as you take it out the fridge that way you can put the rest away and let what's in your syringe get to room temperature before injecting if you want
Before mixing...I intend to refrigerate afterwards

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Before mixing...I intend to refrigerate afterwards
You're still confusing me, mixing would be combining the two. Reconstituting would be adding the liquid to the powder.

If your talking about combining the powder before adding the liquid/reconstituting then no don't do that.

The powder should be in a vacuum sealed vial, you do not want to open those. Take your vials of peptides and reconstitute then stick them in the fridge. When your ready to inject, take them out of the fridge, draw what you want from each vial and put the vials back in the fridge

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also you do not want to draw and inject immediately after the reconstitution process. You want the liquid to fully dissolve the powder and it takes like 15-30min before the peptides are fully hydrated or whatever it's called. So to play it safe I don't take my first dose for a few hours after Ive added the liquid/bac water or whatever sterile liquid your using

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're still confusing me, mixing would be combining the two. Reconstituting would be adding the liquid to the powder.

If your talking about combining the powder before adding the liquid/reconstituting then no don't do that.

The powder should be in a vacuum sealed vial, you do not want to open those. Take your vials of peptides and reconstitute then stick them in the fridge. When your ready to inject, take them out of the fridge, draw what you want from each vial and put the vials back in the fridge
I meant to say reconstitute...can I do it with both at room temp or should they be cold?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So as of yesterday I skipped my gear dose, today as well and will discontinue everything other then a trt dose of test and my Carnitine. Reason being is I'm going to log a apex product and I want to give a fair honest review. Will not pin any more test for another week and then will be doing a 50mg test cyp shot 3x week. I figured that only being on 250 test a week is enough time for test lvs to drop to what 150 would give me

Now today I did something different for no real reason, well I kinda have a reason/ theory. Take a big dose and then use tiny doses through the week to top off Carnitine stores. So Before I hit the gym I pinned 1000mg of Carnitine in my glute. And even tho Ive had zero pip in any injection site with 300mg or less. This 1000mg shot fukin hurt. It got slightly sore right away and now it's been a few hours and it's probably the first time I've felt real pip lol.

So maybe I did a bad shot, or maybe all the people talking about post injection pains were doing large volumes of this stuff. For future reference if I will be spreading the dose around multiple areas if I continue dosing big and topping off. I'm really just throwing this in here as a variable to see if it changes anything in what I feel from the carn

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I. Another note, I still am beating the log book on pretty much everything and every workout. Strength and reps dipped for a few days twords the end of my mini cut but within 2 days of eating normal and a huge cheat meal with lots of dessert lol. Everything was back on track with my numbers

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did you pin the 1,000mg deep in a glute with a longer needle? All my carnitine shots are with shallow IM or subq with insulin syringes no bigger than 27g or 5/8”.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Did you pin the 1,000mg deep in a glute with a longer needle? All my carnitine shots are with shallow IM or subq with insulin syringes no bigger than 27g or 5/8”.
Yes it was deeper then my usual shots, 1in 25g but I buried it all the way plus pressing it hard enough to make a indentation. Because the volume was so large I wanted to be 100% positive it wasn't going to end up sub q at all

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yes it was deeper then my usual shots, 1in 25g but I buried it all the way plus pressing it hard enough to make a indentation. Because the volume was so large I wanted to be 100% positive it wasn't going to end up sub q at all
Most of the time I've been using half inch 30 gauge slin pins

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah just did a deep glutathione shot in the glute, just over 2cc and thought about filling out the 3cc with my carnitine but I decided not to be lazy and do that separate so I could put it subq for prolonged shuttling. So I have nothing useful to compare unfortunately lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah just did a deep glutathione shot in the glute, just over 2cc and thought about filling out the 3cc with my carnitine but I decided not to be lazy and do that separate so I could put it subq for prolonged shuttling. So I have nothing useful to compare unfortunately lol.
If I have a big bruise in the morning I'll know that it was just a bad shot, but if I don't have a bruise I will be going back to spreading it around lol. Im gonna be doing high frequency for the next 2 weeks before my vacation and Im supposed to hit some leg exercises In tomorrow's workout but it's not looking good for that lol. Back and biceps it is.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If I have a big bruise in the morning I'll know that it was just a bad shot, but if I don't have a bruise I will be going back to spreading it around lol. Im gonna be doing high frequency for the next 2 weeks before my vacation and Im supposed to hit some leg exercises In tomorrow's workout but it's not looking good for that lol. Back and biceps it is.
Try getting it flushed really well before you give up on lower. When I had used some DHB it left some deposits but a good mashing and mobility warmup with lots of lower body movement had everything firing great and painless for training.

Or you could just get longer boardshorts for the vacay and double down on back & bis!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Try getting it flushed really well before you give up on lower. When I had used some DHB it left some deposits but a good mashing and mobility warmup with lots of lower body movement had everything firing great and painless for training.

Or you could just get longer boardshorts for the vacay and double down on back & bis!
There's a very very small dime size bruise at the injection site. But at the same time, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it did last night. So I'm not sure exactly what happened but I feel like by tomorrow I'll be fine

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hit the gym, my workout partner bailed so I just a bunch of shoulder stuff all for 4x12 with 1min rest or less and got a good pump. That sweating came back and that lactic acid burn wasn't there. So maybe that big dose of carn yesterday did something 🤷🤷🤷

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Here guys, I'm doing a sponsored log of Apex Alchemy ECLIPSE, it's there's AI product. I don't know how entertaining it will be as I discontinued everything in order to give a fair review but I'm hoping it will help tighten me up for vacation and maybe some of you are interested in a natural anti estrogen. Also if you read up on the 2 ingredients in the product they have some interesting stuff behind them.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Aaah... does anyone inject carnosine? Is that a thing?
I know this is over a year old, but I mistakenly ordered some carnosine instead of Carnitine not too long ago. Used a little to reconstitute some peptides but I'm not really sure what to do with it. Any ideas, dose setting scenario it would be useful. I know it's probably best pre workout. It's 50mg/ml

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know this is over a year old, but I mistakenly ordered some carnosine instead of Carnitine not too long ago. Used a little to reconstitute some peptides but I'm not really sure what to do with it. Any ideas, dose setting scenario it would be useful. I know it's probably best pre workout. It's 50mg/ml
I generally assume at least 10x increase in effectiveness going from oral to inj. Even so, people use around 2g which would mean injecting around 200mg. It's possible there's a greater than 10x increase in which case a smaller amount would be effective.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I generally assume at least 10x increase in effectiveness going from oral to inj. Even so, people use around 2g which would mean injecting around 200mg. It's possible there's a greater than 10x increase in which case a smaller amount would be effective.
Ok I can work with that, il try 100mg tomorrow see what happens and go from there.