Injectable L Carnitine, 150mg testosterone and cutting.......?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update us on how things go. There’s not a lot on desoxyt on this board. Guys who have used it have reported it being similar to Masteron in dry anabolism/gains per mg, but guys report pretty bad acne and weird bad body odor. Basically if you can get mast, that’s ideal they said, but desoxyt is pretty cheap and legal so that’s the biggest appeal.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Update us on how things go. There’s not a lot on desoxyt on this board. Guys who have used it have reported it being similar to Masteron in dry anabolism/gains per mg, but guys report pretty bad acne and weird bad body odor. Basically if you can get mast, that’s ideal they said, but desoxyt is pretty cheap and legal so that’s the biggest appeal.
I used it in the past but only for 6-7 weeks. It's very mild. Last time I started at 210mg per week and didn't notice much, went to 350 and immediately started getting more acne, dropped back to 210 for weeks 4-5 and sides were non existent (I almost pulled the plug at 350) week 6 I think I went back to 350 but this time the acne didn't come back and I stopped the cycle around there for reasons I can't remember.

If I had to compare it to something I would say it's like a mix of masteron and eq if that even makes sense. Slow and steady, kinda like a background player. When I get back from my vacation I'm willing to grab some more, if so this time around I will work up to maybe 450?

I don't wanna take on too much tho as I wanna see what will happen when I combine igf and carn. I was planning on just using this bottle at 150 till it runs out

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Hyde. I saw ppl saying the things you like you mentioned. Acne and a slight lowering in sex drive was there initially but It went away fairly quickly. I did not get any weird body oder lol. I also did not get the aggression or anger people mentioned but I'm pretty level in those aspects no matter what I take. Because it's cheap and available I would say it's a "ok" option as a addition to any cycle as long as your not experiencing any weird sides. I wouldn't go out of my way to choose it over another compound but im also not against using it. At 200-350 it's affordable but I'd rather use mast. I would be very interested to see what 500-700mg a week does but at that point the cost would be high and unless it's magic i'd rather use a equivalent dose of eq. That's probably the best I can sum it up

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde. I saw ppl saying the things you like you mentioned. Acne and a slight lowering in sex drive was there initially but It went away fairly quickly. I did not get any weird body oder lol. I also did not get the aggression or anger people mentioned but I'm pretty level in those aspects no matter what I take. Because it's cheap and available I would say it's a "ok" option as a addition to any cycle as long as your not experiencing any weird sides. I wouldn't go out of my way to choose it over another compound but im also not against using it. At 200-350 it's affordable but I'd rather use mast. I would be very interested to see what 500-700mg a week does but at that point the cost would be high and unless it's magic i'd rather use a equivalent dose of eq. That's probably the best I can sum it up
I found out the hard way eq will crash your e2. I have been running 120/120 test eq for 7 weeks and drew bloods - ultrasensitive e2 revealed estradiol was only 15. I had been taking an 11mg exem every other week because I actually felt like I had high estrogen. Turns out eq beats out test for aromatase enzymes, and turns into other useless estrogens while preventing test from becoming heart healthy estradiol. So LDL was high for me when diet says it shouldn’t have been. And Ultrasensitive total and free test were huge, 1,317 and like 350 respectively. On 120mg test e per week.

Doing more reading, it sounds like you want at least 3:1 test:eq to prevent this. Now I’m taking DHEA every day and have dropped the EQ 2 weeks ago trying to get my e2 up to something healthy.

Just some fun little anecdote for you that kinda ruined my off-time.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I found out the hard way eq will crash your e2. I have been running 120/120 test eq for 7 weeks and drew bloods - ultrasensitive e2 revealed estradiol was only 15. I had been taking an 11mg exem every other week because I actually felt like I had high estrogen. Turns out eq beats out test for aromatase enzymes, and turns into other useless estrogens while preventing test from becoming heart healthy estradiol. So LDL was high for me when diet says it shouldn’t have been. And Ultrasensitive total and free test were huge, 1,317 and like 350 respectively. On 120mg test e per week.

Doing more reading, it sounds like you want at least 3:1 test:eq to prevent this. Now I’m taking DHEA every day and have dropped the EQ 2 weeks ago trying to get my e2 up to something healthy.

Just some fun little anecdote for you that kinda ruined my off-time.
I really think it's person dependent cus almost every time I have used eq I did a equal dose of eq to test and while I can't tell you the exact numbers every time, I do know that on 600 each my estrogen was around 100, and even tho it sounds high, I remember feeling really good on a few cycles back in my twenties with estrogen around 100. But I absolutely have seen people post about eq dramatically lowering there estrogen while on testosterone. Ive also seen or heard I should say, people using eq in place of testosterone and they need a gram or more just to get there estrogen high enough to have a functional libido and feel good.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really think it's person dependent cus almost every time I have used eq I did a equal dose of eq to test and while I can't tell you the exact numbers every time, I do know that on 600 each my estrogen was around 100, and even tho it sounds high, I remember feeling really good on a few cycles back in my twenties with estrogen around 100. But I absolutely have seen people post about eq dramatically lowering there estrogen while on testosterone. Ive also seen or heard I should say, people using eq in place of testosterone and they need a gram or more just to get there estrogen high enough to have a functional libido and feel good.
Yeah I 100% agree it will inherently be user dependent. I thought I was being slick, gonna get all the anabolism with “half the estrogen”. But just not for me. Blood markers crept up a lot on just 120mg. Don’t think I can see things being very safe for me on 600 test and 2-300 eq.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah I 100% agree it will inherently be user dependent. I thought I was being slick, gonna get all the anabolism with “half the estrogen”. But just not for me. Blood markers crept up a lot on just 120mg. Don’t think I can see things being very safe for me on 600 test and 2-300 eq.
That sucks, my biggest draw to eq is that I don't seem to get anything negative out of it at all. Even tho I don't find it to be some special compound to bring on the gains, I also can use it without worries so it's a solid option for me.

Now dienolone on the other hand, everyone says it's super mild but not for me. Even at like 150mg I feel a dip in sex drive and I start growing tits. If I start b6 pre cycle and prami on cycle with the b6 it's still not enough protection and I cant do more then 3-4 weeks tops.

Too bad they don't make a long ester injectable anadrol, that would be my **** lol.

Even tho I know drol ain't healthy in the long run I get zero sides on it. One of the reasons I only use it pre workout and occasionally is because once I'm on it I don't wanna stop using it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I know this is very off topic but I found it interesting, after hearing someone's protocol to raise free testosterone with nolvadex I started reading because I never heard of this. It turns out that there's quite a few things that lower igf 1 yet increase free testosterone at the same time. Nolvadex is one and surprisingly berberine and metformin lower cholesterol yet raise free testosterone.

Now I know igf 1 is important for muscle growth, and lower igf levels are linked to longer lifespans. And we also know higher free testosterone leads to greater muscle growth.

So I'm trying to find more links between these actions. Lower igf levels are better for long term health, so wouldn't lowering igf, lowering cholesterol and at the same time raising free testosterone be a good trade off. Your healthier, but have less igf 1 for growth. But at the same time you have higher free testosterone and better insulin sensitivity which both will directly help build muscle and loose fat.

While you may not be 100% maximizing your growth potential, (Which you probably never are) you should still have a good environment for growth while being healthier.

Maybe rotating short bursts of nolva on cycle with some metformin or berberine could be benificial. I already know berberine is benificial bulking or cutting.

I know many here disagree with metformin but I also know a few ppl that swear by it as well.

Obviously long term nolvadex use is not healthy.

I'm still light-years away from understanding all this completely but I definitely think it's worth exploring

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you @Smont! Can’t wait to read the program.

It’s really funny you bring all this up now - I literally randomly decided to start reading on tamoxifen’s effects on health tonight, before you posted this, hand to God. I didn’t even know Tamoxifen significantly lowers LDL-C, and is associated with decreased risk of atherosclerosis. The Achilles heel here is that it’s also associated with increased risk of blood clots in breast cancer patients. While the risk is (arguably) acceptable for women (0.5% chance without tamoxifen and 1.2% using tamoxifen, double but still rare), in men the increase was huge (2.4% had clots without while something like 11.8% of tamoxifen users experienced clots). Now this sample group was age 27-89, and there was a significant correlation for clotting to occur more in the older population age 70+, so this isn’t exactly a worry for younger guys that are staying moving, taking Nattokinase (or baby aspirin failing that if allergic to soy), and controlling their blood values with donation/phlebotomy if necessary. But it does raise some points to consider.

If you are using drugs like eq, anadrol, or more importantly in general finding blood values that promote clotting from your AAS use, adding tamoxifen will represent an additional clotting risk burden that might be wise to reconsider.

I may or may not consider 10mg tamoxifen daily on my next blast, to cut down on AI need, allow better growth with higher estrogen (which helps raise IGF1 back up some from the tamoxifen dip) & comfier joints for heavy lifting, based on what I decide to run. I know Matt Jansen said he does this with his guys in the off-season for those reasons. Not that he’s anyone to take health advice from, or myself for that matter!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thank you @Smont! Can’t wait to read the program.

It’s really funny you bring all this up now - I literally randomly decided to start reading on tamoxifen’s effects on health tonight, before you posted this, hand to God. I didn’t even know Tamoxifen significantly lowers LDL-C, and is associated with decreased risk of atherosclerosis. The Achilles heel here is that it’s also associated with increased risk of blood clots in breast cancer patients. While the risk is (arguably) acceptable for women (0.5% chance without tamoxifen and 1.2% using tamoxifen, double but still rare), in men the increase was huge (2.4% had clots without while something like 11.8% of tamoxifen users experienced clots). Now this sample group was age 27-89, and there was a significant correlation for clotting to occur more in the older population age 70+, so this isn’t exactly a worry for younger guys that are staying moving, taking Nattokinase (or baby aspirin failing that if allergic to soy), and controlling their blood values with donation/phlebotomy if necessary. But it does raise some points to consider.

If you are using drugs like eq, anadrol, or more importantly in general finding blood values that promote clotting from your AAS use, adding tamoxifen will represent an additional clotting risk burden that might be wise to reconsider.

I may or may not consider 10mg tamoxifen daily on my next blast, to cut down on AI need, allow better growth with higher estrogen (which helps raise IGF1 back up some from the tamoxifen dip) & comfier joints for heavy lifting, based on what I decide to run. I know Matt Jansen said he does this with his guys in the off-season for those reasons. Not that he’s anyone to take health advice from, or myself for that matter!
Ive been contemplating the past few days and I think I'm going to throw in 10mg nolva for 20 days just because I have had 10x 20mg nolva sitting in my top drawer forever. I figure that worst case scenario it prevents my old gyno from flaring up before I go to Florida. I also just realized my trip is only 30 ish days away so I think it's time for a mini cut and maybe it will slightly help with that too

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I feel like a idiot lol. When I raised my dose up from trt and added the desoxy I drew the products and combined them into 1 vial and I thought I have been taking 200 test/150 desoxy.

Well my math was off, I'm taking 125 test/150desoxy.

I added some more testosterone to the vial and it will now be 250 test 150 desoxy. Not that it really matters but I thought I'd point out my stupidity. At least il get a extra week out of the bottles

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Anyone been paying attention to this Russian kid that goes by goodvito? He's insane, he's a amateur in the other ifbb league, has just as much mass as any ifbb pro, better aesthetics and he's in his early 20's

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys can I combine the l carn and ig lr3 in same syringe??

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey guys can I combine the l carn and ig lr3 in same syringe??
I've actually heard of people using there Carnitine to reconstitute there gh, igf and other peptides instead of back water so I don't see why not

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You just want to avoid mixing oil and water is all.
By the way, I mixed carn and test in the same syringe, only did it once, it felt really weird going in and was sore for like 3 days. Nothing crazy but not enjoyable. I specifically did it cuz I wanted to see what would happen lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I know I'm the world's worst photographer so I apologize LOL, the bathroom mirror kept fogging up and it didn't help any so I need to get someone to take pictures for me but.....

7 days agressive mini cut. Lost 7 lbs. Definitely lost some muscle fullness but I'm happy with the end result. Weight is back down to 188 which is probably the lightest I've been in the past 3 years. But I'm really trying to focus on growing lean and I'm hoping the end result will pay off when I'm back up to 200+ lbs with similar bf as now

Attachments

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I also don't know how to pose so I just stuck my hand on my hip and turned sideways lol

I also wanna add that this is first thing in the morning after a shower, no food no pump and I feel like I got pretty good vascularity regardless.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now that’s a quality posing towel. No distracting colors or tags, really let’s you focus on the posing of the physique

But for real good job. Do you have an idea what you did calorically to make the cut? I know you eat a lot of variety but in a fairly patterned approach, in the sense that you can generally tell if what you are eating will maintain you or gain/cut.

I am planning another 3 day fast again soon. Want to get some more fat off and our vacations will be here before we know it. And afterwards I think I really want to do Unity. I’m not worried about the Conjugate parts. I’m worried John Meadows is going to try to take me to Valhalla with him with some of those past-failure intensity techniques on top of it all!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Now that’s a quality posing towel. No distracting colors or tags, really let’s you focus on the posing of the physique

But for real good job. Do you have an idea what you did calorically to make the cut? I know you eat a lot of variety but in a fairly patterned approach, in the sense that you can generally tell if what you are eating will maintain you or gain/cut.

I am planning another 3 day fast again soon. Want to get some more fat off and our vacations will be here before we know it. And afterwards I think I really want to do Unity. I’m not worried about the Conjugate parts. I’m worried John Meadows is going to try to take me to Valhalla with him with some of those past-failure intensity techniques on top of it all!
I have it all written down so I can go back and look but the basic idea was to cut out 1/3 of my total calories per day for 7 days. I figured just like you can't gain a bunch of muscle in 7 days you're probably can't lose a bunch of muscle in 7 days and that's why I went so aggressive with it. I completely eliminated my breakfast and just had coffee with two servings of half and half, lunch was 6 oz of meat in a wrap, a serving of green beans and a piece of fruit. My intra workout and dinner stayed the same as always, my last meal of the day I eliminated carbs and just had either meat and eggs or meat and vegetables and I added an extra 10 grams of essential amino acids to my gallon water jug that I sipped throughout the day. I didn't know actual cardio but I did make sure to park further away when I went to places so I had to do more walking and I also went for a 15 to 20 minute walk every night before bed. So basically I cut the calories a good amount lowered my carbs a little bit and increase my step count

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As of today I'm bumping the calories right back up and 7 days before my vacation I will repeat this process one more time

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
gonna follow, will probably buy some injectable carinitine and glutathione

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
gonna follow, will probably buy some injectable carinitine and glutathione
That glutathione is great stuff man. Everyone worried about NAC caps, but if you can get glutathione and don’t mind big IM shots it’s on another level entirely. The shots feel bad since the water just came out of the refrigerator, and it kinda hurts for a while, heads up.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That glutathione is great stuff man. Everyone worried about NAC caps, but if you can get glutathione and don’t mind big IM shots it’s on another level entirely. The shots feel bad since the water just came out of the refrigerator, and it kinda hurts for a while, heads up.
With peptides I take them out the fridge draw what I need and let it sit for about 20 minutes to get to room temperature, I would assume the same thing would help with the glutathione, at least to take away that cold weird injection feeling

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
With peptides I take them out the fridge draw what I need and let it sit for about 20 minutes to get to room temperature, I would assume the same thing would help with the glutathione, at least to take away that cold weird injection feeling
can't you just do it subcutaneous? I get almost no pain with 31 gauge in fat while it's fresh and cold (bpc and tb500).

I even did my forearm today with no pain, but still only 31 gauge

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
can't you just do it subcutaneous? I get almost no pain with 31 gauge in fat while it's fresh and cold (bpc and tb500).

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure glutathione needs to be an intramuscular injection, also the amount you need isn't going to fit subq anyway.

As for peptides, something like cjc dac I would want sub q so that's fine. But if I'm trying to get a immediate effect out of something fast acting then sub q is not the way to go. It slows down the action of pretty much everything

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Also I don't find that injecting something cold is painful, honestly I've never really had a painful injection from anything unless I screwed up. I just don't like the feeling of squeezing something cold into my flesh. It's creepy feeling lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

You think there's any benifits to taking 100mg of anadrol or 30mg of superdrol on the next mini cut leading up to my vacation and then taking a small dose of either for the 7 days I'm on vacation? Just wondering if it would keep me kind of swole looking while I rip a little fat off next time. The whole process would only last 14 days so I can't really see it doing much if any damage

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You think there's any benifits to taking 100mg of anadrol or 30mg of superdrol on the next mini cut leading up to my vacation and then taking a small dose of either for the 7 days I'm on vacation? Just wondering if it would keep me kind of swole looking while I rip a little fat off next time. The whole process would only last 14 days so I can't really see it doing much if any damage
Right now you’re going to look in better shape than 98% of the guys in Florida walking around. I mean have you ever actually been to a pool or beach and looked around? I have no idea how the term “beach body” ever became associated with actually getting in shape, at least in America. The vast majority of folks look like regular Walmartians with less clothes on. And your wife already thinks you look good too probably.

All of that aside, it kinda depends on what your drug/cycle periodization is going. If you are going to take a break as soon as you get back it’s fine, otherwise you need to keep the orals up or rotate onto something equally strong or stronger just to keep the blast going.

2 weeks of SD is definitely still going to smash lipids likely, and could make you lethargic, which is the last thing you want if you want to actually enjoy your vacation. Anadrol could be the better option there, but again comes back to if it makes you lethargic, kills appetite (could be good or bad), sodium retention depending on how you intend to eat. I want my vacations to be just that - I want to drop my normal routine and enjoy the trip. I don’t count protein, I don’t eat if I don’t feel like it, and if I want to eat crap I enjoy it with no remorse. Just eating 2-3x a day I will likely get at least 140+g of protein and be in a surplus, which is muscle sparing.

TLDR: Nah, wouldn’t bother with it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Right now you’re going to look in better shape than 98% of the guys in Florida walking around. I mean have you ever actually been to a pool or beach and looked around? I have no idea how the term “beach body” ever became associated with actually getting in shape, at least in America. The vast majority of folks look like regular Walmartians with less clothes on. And your wife already thinks you look good too probably.

All of that aside, it kinda depends on what your drug/cycle periodization is going. If you are going to take a break as soon as you get back it’s fine, otherwise you need to keep the orals up or rotate onto something equally strong or stronger just to keep the blast going.

2 weeks of SD is definitely still going to smash lipids likely, and could make you lethargic, which is the last thing you want if you want to actually enjoy your vacation. Anadrol could be the better option there, but again comes back to if it makes you lethargic, kills appetite (could be good or bad), sodium retention depending on how you intend to eat. I want my vacations to be just that - I want to drop my normal routine and enjoy the trip. I don’t count protein, I don’t eat if I don’t feel like it, and if I want to eat crap I enjoy it with no remorse. Just eating 2-3x a day I will likely get at least 140+g of protein and be in a surplus, which is muscle sparing.

TLDR: Nah, wouldn’t bother with it.
Neither one really mess with my appetite or make me feel crappy, but, I didn't take into consideration that it's gonna kinda ruin my cycle plan. My cycle is barely above trt right now and I wanna keep it that way till it's not working. I plan on slowly ramping up the doses till thanksgiving, doing some bloodwork and using the bloods to determine how long I can push it. So I should probably leave orals alone till the very end.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's funny how much bodyweight and food effects strength. Only about 2 weeks ago I did 275x10 or 11 on flat bench. Today 7 reps was a struggle.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Calories=energy=power

Food is king!
I was on my way to 500 and quickly realized my bodyfat shooting up with all the extra calories. I can hit 500 with a big gut or 460-70 with 4 abs showing. I'm getting older and the second option is healthier for my heart and joints. Down 20 pounds in 10 weeks and went from 405 for 8 to 405 for 7. It's a confidence thing too. The extra layer of fat with a thicker waist just feels different when pressing. Now I'm like, man I love the look but I'm small and that weight is looking heavier.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was on my way to 500 and quickly realized my bodyfat shooting up with all the extra calories. I can hit 500 with a big gut or 460-70 with 4 abs showing. I'm getting older and the second option is healthier for my heart and joints. Down 20 pounds in 10 weeks and went from 405 for 8 to 405 for 7. It's a confidence thing too. The extra layer of fat with a thicker waist just feels different when pressing. Now I'm like, man I love the look but I'm small and that weight is looking heavier.
I've got no sympathy for a 405 bench press for eight reps lol I think you're doing just fine

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How much do you weigh?

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How much do you weigh?
I was 200 this morning. I'll cut about 5 more pounds then I'm good. I was up to 220 when I realized my cardio was crap and I needed to get my waist back down. I switched from bodybuilding to powerlifting for a few years and the technique changes made a big difference. Learning to tuck my shoulder blades and get my back into the lift kept my shoulders healthy.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was 200 this morning. I'll cut about 5 more pounds then I'm good. I was up to 220 when I realized my cardio was crap and I needed to get my waist back down. I switched from bodybuilding to powerlifting for a few years and the technique changes made a big difference. Learning to tuck my shoulder blades and get my back into the lift kept my shoulders healthy.
Wtf? That's some super impressive benching for that bw. You look much heavier in your photo, muscle I'm talking, not fat lol. I'm assuming your a shorter guy but regardless. Pretty fuckin impressive

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
At my strongest I was 223 lbs but I looked horrible. Cut back to 195 and lost about 30lbs on my bench in the process. Now I just cut another 7 lbs and strength dropped a little but overall I've been building my strength back up at this lighter bodyweight

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s not a confidence thing, for me at least - if that’s a mental roadblock for you I can appreciate that. I am speaking in absolutes regarding physics: if you have a fatter heavier core, you have more stability on the bench = less energy lost in transfer & stabilization. You get fatter lats & arms, you have more tissue to store energy and more mass to resist the decent/pile up to store energy at the bottom. A fatter chest/belly and back & ass means the location the bar has to get down to is higher = shorter stroke.

All things being otherwise the same, if you can throw 20lbs of fat on your body, you will get stronger in the benchpress.

But what is that worth, right? I don’t think anyone really wants to live like a fatty? You do what you need to do and get out.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It’s not a confidence thing, for me at least - if that’s a mental roadblock for you I can appreciate that. I am speaking in absolutes regarding physics: if you have a fatter heavier core, you have more stability on the bench = less energy lost in transfer & stabilization. You get fatter lats & arms, you have more tissue to store energy and more mass to resist the decent/pile up to store energy at the bottom. A fatter chest/belly and back & ass means the location the bar has to get down to is higher = shorter stroke.

All things being otherwise the same, if you can throw 20lbs of fat on your body, you will get stronger in the benchpress.

But what is that worth, right? I don’t think anyone really wants to live like a fatty? You do what you need to do and get out.
When I started getting fat last year every lb I gained over 210 seemed to be body fat and water but every 5lbs gained seemed to directly correlate to a 5lb increase on my bench lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Anyone got some lat tips, or thoughts on what was suggested to me today. I had a workout with the trainer I mentioned. Mind you in not paying this guy, when we're at the gym at the same time we occasionally have been working in with each other.

Anyway. My back is very strong but It seems like no matter what exercises I do Im using my upper back and traps to do all the work. My lats are getting very little activation no matter how hard I try to isolate the lats.

His suggestion was to eliminate most of the exercises and focus on chins and a rowing variation and just work the **** out of them with a bunch of volume multiple times a week until I learn how to target the lat. His advice for legs was similar, he thinks I'm not getting much activation there either as my legs are too "strong" to be the size they are. They should be much bigger with the weight I'm moving. Wants me to cut the weight in half on a few basic leg exercises and hit them with a bunch of volume too.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Normally I train less sets more intensity, hit failure 1 set after my warm up sets somewhere between 6-12 reps and do a rest pause or drop set to finish the exercise