I'm a Carnivore

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Yeah there was another thread here were someone said many female competitors were eating almost a kilogram of broccoli a day!
They said it caused no issues but I'll leave that to them to test!
you just got called out/ referred to The Solution . lol.....you obviously don't know what your talking about considering you look better, are smarter, and make better posts than Powell lol.....remember he is the guy who couldn't gain on 8000 calories but could on 2500 of meat :p:18:

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you just got called out/ referred to The Solution . lol.....you obviously don't know what your talking about considering you look better, are smarter, and make better posts than Powell lol.....remember he is the guy who couldn't gain on 8000 calories but could on 2500 of meat :p:18:
Beef, bro! It is the food of the Gods!!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You sound like a child tattling on someone to your hero. Not a good look.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Took it easy on overhead pressing today. I was due to rep out 42.5kg but I just did it for a single followed by a single with 50kg then a double with 55kg.

Seated biceps curls - 5 sets of 8 with the 12kg dumbbells
Reverse curls - 5 sets with 30 seconds rest, started with a weight I could do for 15 reps, the ez bar + 5kg
Preacher curls - 3 sets of 8 with the ez bar plus 20kg

Dip machine pushdowns - 4 working sets 8-12 reps going up in weight
Lying extensions - 4 sets of 8-10 reps with a 5 second iso hold at the end
Pushdowns - 4 sets of 10

Abs 4 sets
Calves 4 sets

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you ever de-load?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Do you ever de-load?
Yeah. I increase volume until the training is impossible to complete, deload for a few weeks then start ramping up again. However I've been adding volume each week and I am just able to complete it, so I will keep adding volume!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Squat 122.5kg for 4 reps.
I'm a little upset with the slow progress of my squats. Perhaps I need to be training them harder. My best squat without wraps is 220kg. I should be thankful that they are getting better though

Adductor machine: 4 sets of 10
Glute kickback machine: 4 sets of 10
Safety bar squats: Pyramid up with sets of 8 to 85kg
Leg Press: Pyramid up with sets of 8 to 4 plates a side, then did 4 plates again with a drop set of 3 plates then 2 plates
Leg extensions: 3 sets to failure
Leg curls: 3 sets to failure
I think you should decrease intensity and increase volume. In your position (someone returning to the sport after a long hiatus), I would be looking to complete a proper (2 macrocycles or 6-8months) base conditioning phase by starting out at 3x10 with a weight I could handle with good form through the last set and progressing to 6x10 at somewhere around 85% of current 1rm with good form and no sticking. I like 10rep protocol because higher frequency and lower weight allows me to dial in form and rehabilitate muscle physiology with low risk of injury and CNS stress.

Just my 2cents though.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I think you should decrease intensity and increase volume. In your position (someone returning to the sport after a long hiatus), I would be looking to complete a proper (2 macrocycles or 6-8months) base conditioning phase by starting out at 3x10 with a weight I could handle with good form through the last set and progressing to 6x10 at somewhere around 85% of current 1rm with good form and no sticking. I like 10rep protocol because higher frequency and lower weight allows me to dial in form and rehabilitate muscle physiology with low risk of injury and CNS stress.

Just my 2cents though.
I'll take it into consideration

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I am going to make a change in my diet. I am currently heavily salting my food with iodized salt. I am going to change this to the low sodium salt which contains a lot of potassium chloride

Old: 38.7g per 100g
New: 18.2g per 100g sodium, 27.6g per 100g potassium

Lets see what the difference in performance and physique is

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Got in an extra chest/shoulders pump workout with the mrs today

Rear delt machine 3 sets of 20
Lateral raises 3 sets of 10-12
Chest Press machine pyramid up in 8s
Incline DB bench 3 sets of 10-15
Cable pushdowns 4 sets of 10-15

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Got zero sleep because of work... stayed awake all day Saturday, worked night shift and didn't have a chance to get any sleep, then managed 4 hours sleep afterwards, then Sunday night had to stay awake all night, slept from 8am until 2pm then just trained legs and it was pretty bad lol, managed to get a great pump though and focused on more metabolite training instead of going heavy

Lying leg curls - worked up in sets of 10
Squats - worked up to a single with 115kg (was supposed to do a set of 5)
Bulgarian split squats - 3 sets of 10. Last set I did 10 reps, 10 second iso hold, drop set, iso hold, drop set, iso hold - brutal.
Leg Press - 3 sets of 30

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Bench Press 55kg for 22 reps which was nice
Pin press up to an easy 80kg

Decline dumbbell bench: worked up in 8s to 26kg
Incline bench: worked up in 8s to 55kg
Dips super set with rear delt machine: 4 rounds
Chest fly machine super set with seated lateral raises: 4 rounds
Triceps pushdowns: 4 sets
Lying dumbbell triceps extensions: 4 sets
Cable crunches: 4 sets

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I realised today that building muscle is so damn complicated. However losing fat is so damn simple. It made me realise that I probably shouldn't do a cut any time soon and should just focus on building muscle as long as I can.
Losing fat is simple?

Wait until you are my age...

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It is pretty straight forward. I find it comes down to three simple principles. Can you handle feeling hungry? , can you handle feeling really hungry? Can you handle feeling extremely hungry even when you've had a sh1t day, argued with the Mrs and feel like utter crap?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts today, 165kg for 5 reps. These felt great, it was really easy. Didn't want to push for reps though as I am still having some sort of hip issue on the left side when squatting

Single arm low rows - 4 sets
Smith machine rows 4 sets with a double drop set on the last
Pullovers - 4 sets with a drop set on the last
Dumbbell rows - 4 sets with a double drop set on the last

Hyperextensions 4 sets
Calves some sets

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How’s your body composition AlexPowell? Looks like you’re leaning out and getting stronger?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
How’s your body composition AlexPowell? Looks like you’re leaning out and getting stronger?
I wouldn't say that I'm losing fat, I believe it's actually impossible to get bigger and leaner past the beginner stage lol.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't say that I'm losing fat, I believe it's actually impossible to get bigger and leaner past the beginner stage lol.
That depends on what you consider the beginner stage, and also if you’re obese (which you’re not), and also if you’re chemically assisted, among other variables I’m probably forgetting to mention.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
That depends on what you consider the beginner stage, and also if you’re obese (which you’re not), and also if you’re chemically assisted, among other variables I’m probably forgetting to mention.
Yeah agreed. Although even chemically assisted I'd say it's difficult.

Today did overhead press - 40kg for 13 reps which was equal to last time I did it.
ez bar curls - 4 sets of 8 with 5 partials out the bottom each set
hammer curls - 3 sets of 10
ez bar preacher curls - 2 sets of 10 with 1 second contraction

Reverse grip pushdowns - 4 sets of 10
tate press - 4 sets of 8 with 7 second iso hold
pushdowns on the dip machine - worked up to a set of 10 then did a double drop set

Calves

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
So squatting heavy isn't going well for me it seems... Time to do something different :)

I am going to do jump squats going as deep into the hole as I can. I will do these so heavy that I only just get air.
This should stretch out my IT band and glute med, hopefully un****ing whatever issue I have down in that region. The weights should be too light for me to get issues, however done in a manner where I am generating maximum force production

I want roughly the same volume, so I'll work up to 5-10 heavy singles depending on how I feel

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So squatting heavy isn't going well for me it seems... Time to do something different :)

I am going to do jump squats going as deep into the hole as I can. I will do these so heavy that I only just get air.
This should stretch out my IT band and glute med, hopefully un****ing whatever issue I have down in that region. The weights should be too light for me to get issues, however done in a manner where I am generating maximum force production

I want roughly the same volume, so I'll work up to 5-10 heavy singles depending on how I feel
Do you video your squats?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, it's not a technique issue
Ah. I was thinking "tight ITB and glutes" might in fact be inflamation from gluteal or femoral nerve compressio due to lumbar flexion. Pretty common for regilar squatters.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Ah. I was thinking "tight ITB and glutes" might in fact be inflamation from gluteal or femoral nerve compressio due to lumbar flexion. Pretty common for regilar squatters.
Ah yeah, definitely not. Thanks for checking though man.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Today I woke up feeling like a superhero, full of energy. Took advantage and got in an extra shoulder and arms workout

Strict press: Worked up to 60kg
Strict pullups: 2 sets of 20 reps

Then got an arms pump supersetting biceps with triceps

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Ass to grass squat into Jump squat worked up to 3 singles with 90kg

Leg curls worked up in 10s until I hit a failure on 10, then did two drop sets of 8 on the last set followed by a 15 second iso hold
Stiff legged deadlift 4x8 with 120kg

Leg Press kept doing sets of 10 then adding a plate each set until I hit 5 plates a side
Leg extensions: 4x15, last set had 15 partials out the bottom

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Bench Press 57.5kg for 20 reps, adding another 3 reps to the last time I did this weight.
Floor Press worked up to 70kg for 3 reps

Incline DB Bench - Pyramid with 8s until I hit 26kg
Bench Press 60kg 5x5

Dips 3 sets
Triceps pushdowns 4 sets
Skullcrushers decline 2 sets

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Last night I slept 13 hours lol. Woke up today and the overtraining is definitely starting to creep up! Despite that I had an awesome workout.

Deadlift - 180kg for 5 reps easy

Pulldowns - 8 sets

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Overhead press - 42.5kg for 13 reps. Last time I did 40kg for 13 reps as well, so I am happy with this.

I did some light arms, but didn't really feel like training today, so I just left

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Great session today, seemed that the more pumped my legs got the stronger they got. So I ended up doing a lot more volume as I wanted to do drop sets from a hard set of 12-15 but kept needing to bump the weights up. I also did one set low bar squats and my glute / IT Band tightened up again. So now I know that I can high bar squat just fine and it's only low bar squats causing me issues. Thus, I'll avoid low bar squats for the time being

Leg curls: Ramped up to a hard set of 15 reps, drop set of 8, drop set of 8, 15 second iso hold
Leg press: Added a plate and did 10 reps until I hit 5 plates a side, then took 2 plates of each side and repped it out
Squat: Ramped up to 100kg for 3 and 100kg for 2 paused at the bottom
Leg Extensions: Ramped up to a top set of 15 then did 10 partials out the bottom

Calves

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Bench Press 62.5kg for 16 reps. Had a few extra in there but left it as I am a bit tired and had a fairly high volume training after this. Going to start to fast track the progression on this now as I'm feeling pretty comfortable with it

Chest Press machine: Worked up in 8s to failure, added weight and did 8 dead stop partials out the bottom
Incline Bench: Worked up to 55kg for 8, then 5, then 4
Incline flies: 3 sets of 8
Dips: 3 sets of 8

Rear delt machine: 3x20
Overhead triceps: 4 sets

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Lat pulldowns - 4x8 + drop set
Low row - 4x8 + drop set
Pullovers - 4x10
One armed row - 4x8

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great job with the workouts!

How are you liking the Morton's lite salt? I've been using it for a few months. I always took Potassium and then found that and decided it was a super cheap and easy way to get my potassium and salt all at once....I put about 2 servings in a gallon of water with a single package of Crystal Light and 5 grams of Vitamin C and drink it throughout the day and that gives me about 600 mg each sodium/potassium mix. Plus I sprinkle it on veggies now too.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Great job with the workouts!

How are you liking the Morton's lite salt? I've been using it for a few months. I always took Potassium and then found that and decided it was a super cheap and easy way to get my potassium and salt all at once....I put about 2 servings in a gallon of water with a single package of Crystal Light and 5 grams of Vitamin C and drink it throughout the day and that gives me about 600 mg each sodium/potassium mix. Plus I sprinkle it on veggies now too.
I have to say I haven't noticed any difference. I did have a few really good workouts though

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Overhead press: 45kg for 12 reps

Then did arms afterwards

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday trained legs...
Hamstring curls - Ramped up in 8s then did 3x8 + 4 forced reps each set
Leg Press - Ramped up in 10s with a wide high stance, drop set of 10 with feet moved in, drop set of 10 with feet moved down and in
Squats - 30 total reps with 60kg over a few sets
Pullthroughs - 4 sets of 8
Leg extensions - 4x12

Today was chest
Bench Press - 65kg for 15 reps
Flat dumbbell press - 4 sets of 8 - did a twist to really get that peak chest contraction
Incline Bench - Ramped up to a set of 8 with 50kg. Was a lot weaker on this exercise today
Bench Press - 60kg for 4 sets of 6 with a pause
Ring dips - 3 sets of 10

Rear delt raises - set of 40, set of 30, set of 20, set of 10
Lateral raises - 4 sets of 10

Skullcrushers - 4 sets of 10

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Back training today.

T-bar rows did 3 sets of 12 working up adding a 10kg plate each time. Finished at 5 plates for 6 reps
Low row - 4 sets of 15
Pullovers - 24kg dumbbell for 4 sets of 10
Pulldowns - Worked up to a set of 8 then did sets of 12 with low rest until I was toasted

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
How is the diet going, any changes?

Found this today, it's pretty interesting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONV3psgqnqw
Yeah no major changes, whenever I change something I just go back to beef. I was eating just bacon for a while haha, then realised it was making me very short on calories. I need a few more calories though so I'm going to try adding cheese to my meals

Newth

Awards
Yeah no major changes, whenever I change something I just go back to beef. I was eating just bacon for a while haha, then realised it was making me very short on calories. I need a few more calories though so I'm going to try adding cheese to my meals
Cool to see you trying different things out, atm I would assume cheese would be heavenly. Do you use any no-cal sauces?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Cool to see you trying different things out, atm I would assume cheese would be heavenly. Do you use any no-cal sauces?
Yeah I use hot sauce sometimes!

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Dips super set with curls. Body weight on dips, 12kg a hand on curls.

Started at 15RM and kept doing super sets until 8 reps was a struggle. I didn't count the sets, but it was a lot

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Been a while since I last logged anything. I'll start to log things again

Today I did reverse grip incline bench, worked up to doubles and singles with 60kg.
Moved onto dips, worked up to +40kg for a set of 5

Finished with arm work

[video=youtube;AQ6dXKoXbS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ6dXKoXbS8[/video]

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude how is the diet going? I’m Day 10 carnivore and really liking it! I’ve studied it a ton and I think this is the best path for me! Gonna reset my gut!