I'm a Carnivore

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The most important steroid in the body

While I don't necessarily disagree with this. I would actually say that cholesterol is the most important steroid. As it turns into EVERY other steroid. Vitamin D, testosterone, dhea, etc all come from cholesterol!!!! Not to mention it is INSANELY important to TONS of cellular process.

Cholesterol is NOT the enemy it's made out to be!!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure I can. It's from Amazon, is that allowed? I mean it's not a supplement so should be cool right?

Organic Sunscreen Natural Biodegradable Minerals. No Titanium Dioxide Non-Nano Zinc. Infused Vitamin D Nutrients. Gentle for Kids and Adults. Made in USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VXQEK3I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_V23vBb888MTYE
Your good, i think. Stuff like this is usually fine to post. It's not like your affiliated with them. Or pushing an outside forum or site. Just linking a product you like. So I assume you're good.

Also thanks man. :)

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
In one of the zero carb facebook groups I'm in, a few people swear that eating beef only makes it so they don't get sun burnt

Not sure I want to try this with my Gaelic skin in the Adelaide summer

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are you super sensitive to the sun? I always try to get as much as possible. I think most people don’t need sunscreen as much as they think they do. I make sure to have diet rich in veggies and some fruit to give my body the protective and repair pathways from any “negative” effects of the sun. Still trying to figure this one out tho.

Interesting take on sun, cancer, and sunglasses:

https://youtu.be/KKD5ywgdNT0
I totally agree with you. Fruit, veg, nuts and seeds have all been proven to have either protective or repair qualities in relation to sun exposure.......strawberries, flax seed, green veg, almonds, red grapes and turmeric all spring to mind but I think there’s more.....

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Arms are now up to 14 inches and 3/8th. They started at 13 inches!

Squat - 3x117.5kg
Lying leg curls - worked up to 2 sets to failure, resting at the bottom of each rep
Leg press - Pyramid up with sets of 8 until I hit a weight where 8 was really hard
Bulgarian split squat - 20. 15, 12 ramping the weight up, each set to failure
Safety bar squat - 3x10 with a hard weight but not to failure
Stiff legged deadlifts - 4x10 - Wanted to go to hamstrings failure but it was impossible as I couldn't flex my quads hard enough to keep my legs straight
Calves on the leg press - 4 sets to failure with a 30 second stretch at the end of each set

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Bench Press - 57.5kg for 17 reps. Last time I benched this weight it was 15 reps. The session before that was 55kg for 16 reps so I am very pleased with this
Pin Press - Worked up to 80kg which is another personal best

Machine Chest Press - Worked up with 8s to failure
Incline Bench - Worked up with 8s to failure
Incline Chest Flies - 3 sets to failure
Dips - 3 sets to failure
Reverse Pec Deck - 4x20 ending the last set with partials
Standing Dumbbell Side Laterals - 4x10
Pushdowns on the dip machine - 6 sets to failure
Standing Calve Raise - 4 sets to failure

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;M5_VSov79z8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5_VSov79z8[/video]

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;ECMreeyHIII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECMreeyHIII[/video]

If you take something like arginine for vasodilation, salt does the same thing
If you take creatine, salt does the same thing

When I get an athlete that takes whey protein, I tell them "shakes are for fakes, eat steaks" and every single time their performance increases
I cook with beef tallow

Newth

Awards
Before watching, I will say yes and no plus the central nervous system really.
But great work mate, all of it, really.

Newth

Awards
Before watching, I will say yes and no plus the central nervous system really.
But great work mate, all of it, really.
I'm doing low'ish carb, high omega3and medium red/dairy.
Fat on steak makes me feel like throwing up.
A kangaroo steak/patty with a slice of vintage cheese hits the sweet spot though.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;hxEi8Y5sF7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxEi8Y5sF7Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift - 170kg for 3
Neutral grip pulldowns - 8 sets (60-70kg)
Low rows - 5 sets (40-50kg)
Kettlebell rows - 4 sets (16kg)
T-bar rows - 4 sets (45kg)
Dumbbell Pullovers - 2 sets

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Overhead Press - 40kg for 13 reps. 1 more rep than last time I did this weight

EZ bar curls - 5 sets of 10 with 10 second rest between sets (5kg plate either side)
Hammer curls - 5 sets of 10 with 10 second rest between sets (7kg dumbbells)
EZ bar preacher curls - 4 sets of 8 (10kg plate either side)

Pushdowns on the assisted dip machine - 4 sets to failure from 12-6 reps pyramiding up
Incline behind the head extensions - 4 sets of 10, ez bar with 5kg plate either side
Rope pushdowns - 4 sets of 8 to failure

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Getting fuller! Keep it up, looking promising!

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Noticeable difference bro, I don’t agree with everything you post but progress here is obvious.....nice work
Thanks man. If we all agreed with everything then there would be no discussion :)
Keep disagreeing

Newth

Awards
Sweet.
Shaping up well.
Looking healthy also.

How are you feeling this far into the diet?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Sweet.
Shaping up well.
Looking healthy also.

How are you feeling this far into the diet?
Thank you,
I feel really good. I feel tired after I train still, really tired. But I am training very hard

I'm thinking of giving up sugar free soda and then caffeine. Dr. Rhonda Patrick was saying in one of her podcasts that sucralose can cause a certain gut bacteria to multiply as they really like it, which can potentially lead to inflammation going up which isn't going to do me any favours. The Monster Zero Ultra is just so damn tasty though.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great work and great attitude my man. I applaud you thinking differently and also for not expecting everyone to agree. It isnt always about right or wrong...new ideas require different thinking.

As far as the sweetener - good luck. Cutting out sugar AND artificial sweeteners is dang near impossible nowadays. But I've tried doing this as well. While I feel the science suggesting artificial sweeteners is weak, it is interesting enough I have attempted to reduce my use as well. I drink black coffee now and that is fine. But you cant get many low calorie drinks (as you said) without it. Crystal light is still my go too. I put a large packet in a gallon of water, so my use is pretty low...but if you start reading labels...it is in everything.

Of course...meet wont have any so you should be good to go. Haha.

I do think the gut microbiome evidence is interesting for sure.. one study was pretty well done and even showed that taking the bacteria from the splenda fed mice and transplanting it into the guts of the sterile mice caused obesity.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Great work and great attitude my man. I applaud you thinking differently and also for not expecting everyone to agree. It isnt always about right or wrong...new ideas require different thinking.

As far as the sweetener - good luck. Cutting out sugar AND artificial sweeteners is dang near impossible nowadays. But I've tried doing this as well. While I feel the science suggesting artificial sweeteners is weak, it is interesting enough I have attempted to reduce my use as well. I drink black coffee now and that is fine. But you cant get many low calorie drinks (as you said) without it. Crystal light is still my go too. I put a large packet in a gallon of water, so my use is pretty low...but if you start reading labels...it is in everything.

Of course...meet wont have any so you should be good to go. Haha.

I do think the gut microbiome evidence is interesting for sure.. one study was pretty well done and even showed that taking the bacteria from the splenda fed mice and transplanting it into the guts of the sterile mice caused obesity.
Yeah I saw that study as well and thought it was hilarious because the mice also got depressed. Maybe they were depressed because they LITERALLY TOOK THE POOP FROM ANOTHER MOUSE AND SHOVED IT IN THEIR ANUS

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you,
I feel really good. I feel tired after I train still, really tired. But I am training very hard

I'm thinking of giving up sugar free soda and then caffeine. Dr. Rhonda Patrick was saying in one of her podcasts that sucralose can cause a certain gut bacteria to multiply as they really like it, which can potentially lead to inflammation going up which isn't going to do me any favours. The Monster Zero Ultra is just so damn tasty though.
Dude I fuking love Dr Rhonda Patrick!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah I saw that study as well and thought it was hilarious because the mice also got depressed. Maybe they were depressed because they LITERALLY TOOK THE POOP FROM ANOTHER MOUSE AND SHOVED IT IN THEIR ANUS
That is a good point! And perhaps depression leads to obesity. You just solved the puzzle.

Newth

Awards
Thank you,

The video that you linked about fiber and gut bacteria mentioned sugar alcohol exiting a certain type of bacteria.
I literally had one of hairygrandpa's hydration drinks with glycerol a half hour before watching it......half way through the vid my butt became a trumpet.
It was one of those "So it does" moments.

Oh if your trying to kick soft drinks, you might not want to try one of the Bang pre-workout energy drink cans then.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
The video that you linked about fiber and gut bacteria mentioned sugar alcohol exiting a certain type of bacteria.
I literally had one of hairygrandpa's hydration drinks with glycerol a half hour before watching it......half way through the vid my butt became a trumpet.
It was one of those "So it does" moments.

Oh if your trying to kick soft drinks, you might not want to try one of the Bang pre-workout energy drink cans then.
If you want cellular hydration try this:
6 grams of L-Leucine
4 grams of L-Alanine
3 grams of L-Glycine
2 liters of water
1/2 tea spoon of salt on the tongue (not in the drink, it will taste nasty)

This is something that I found online randomly one day. I forgot where it was from. But I brought a mixed bag of it to the gym and everyone loved it. They even started calling it "Powellade". It was super awesome for after big weight cuts for powerlifting meets

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I have seen that somewhere and put it to use. When my fiber is like 20 grams or higher a day I'm hittin the bathroom once like every 2 maybe even 3 days. 10 grams a day and it's once a day and feel waay less bloated
Yeah there was another thread here were someone said many female competitors were eating almost a kilogram of broccoli a day!
They said it caused no issues but I'll leave that to them to test!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think it is a classic case where the system is more complicated than that. Our microbiome is just one of a dozen issues that could be at play here.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Squat 122.5kg for 4 reps.
I'm a little upset with the slow progress of my squats. Perhaps I need to be training them harder. My best squat without wraps is 220kg. I should be thankful that they are getting better though

Adductor machine: 4 sets of 10
Glute kickback machine: 4 sets of 10
Safety bar squats: Pyramid up with sets of 8 to 85kg
Leg Press: Pyramid up with sets of 8 to 4 plates a side, then did 4 plates again with a drop set of 3 plates then 2 plates
Leg extensions: 3 sets to failure
Leg curls: 3 sets to failure

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Hit legs again for the second day in a row

Lying leg curls 6 sets
Squats sets of 6 up to 90kg
Leg extensions 4 sets of 20

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you,

I've heard that too. But I'm addicted to my 1pm sugar free rockstar. I'm thinking of just switching to a large plain cold brew.
I need that boost.....quiting caffeine isn't even an option.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/

Stopping or reducing dietary fiber intake reduces constipation and its associated symptoms

Fiber cucks BTFO
The reader should keep in mind the subjects already suffer from symptoms of constipation. Whilst the article lends favour to the hypothesis that increasing fibre intake is a poor treatment option for constipation, it would be inaccurate to conclude that fibre causes constipation, generally.

Id say its likely most people can adapt to high fibre diets, while some people do not.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The reader should keep in mind the subjects already suffer from symptoms of constipation. Whilst the article lends favour to the hypothesis that increasing fibre intake is a poor treatment option for constipation, it would be inaccurate to conclude that fibre causes constipation, generally.

Id say its likely most people can adapt to high fibre diets, while some people do not.
This is very true. My take away is that we often think constipation is caused by a lack of fiber and it isn't that simple...that's about as far as we can extend it. Not all constipation will be cleared up with fiber, and in cases where the constipation is difficult to diagnose the root cause of - fiber MAY be a contributing factor.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Drink only a gallon of milk in a day let me know what happens

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It may just be because I super drunk, bit I not sure what your getting at? Would you mind expanding on what you were implying? Also I'm really digging g thos log. It's been great seen your progress on a controversial diet! Although I've would be curious to see where your hormones, glucose, and a1c are at!

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
It may just be because I super drunk, bit I not sure what your getting at? Would you mind expanding on what you were implying? Also I'm really digging g thos log. It's been great seen your progress on a controversial diet! Although I've would be curious to see where your hormones, glucose, and a1c are at!
Hey man. If you drink a gallon of milk but don't eat or drink anything else, it will be like trying to poo out clay and no number of wet wipes will be enough

My bloods are in the log somewhere! I posted them all. I'm super healthy!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Exactly, so it's not as simple as whether or not you have fiber in the diet
Ahhh, yeah. gotcha. wasnt sure if you were saying the opposite somehow. sorry. long day.

Newth

Awards
AlexPowell and Cgkone. You guys want a real reason to quit energy drinks?

To do this I would need to sleep in a chair or every time I fell asleep it would come out the in hole.
I can no longer drink much milk after mid afternoon.
They have damaged my throat more than years of being an alco drinking straight spirits.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I tried the squats and milk program a few years back. Had me ****ting diamonds.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Benched 60kg for 18 reps. Last week I did 57.5kg for 17 reps. So really, really pleased with this improvement
Pin Presses up to 75kg

Machine chest press - 4 sets
Incline bench - Pyramid up with sets of 6 up to 55kg
Incline db bench - 3 sets to failure with the last set having 2 drop sets
Dips - 4 sets to failure

Rear delt machine - 4 sets of 20
Seated lateral raises - 4 sets of 12, 10 partials on last set

Dip machine pushdowns - 4 sets to failure
French press - 4 sets to failure

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift 180kg for 5 reps

T bar row - worked up in 8s until there was 5 10kg plates on it
Kettlebell rows - 4 sets of 12
Dumbbell pullovers - didn't feel **** in my lats on these, never have, did them anyway, 4 sets of 10
Narrow grip pulldowns - 4 sets of 10 to failure

Hyperextensions - 2 sets
Calves - 4 sets
Preacher curls - 6 sets