Reverse Hypers
300 4x12

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Best possible time for me to get it honestly, being light right now & just on 210 test. Now I can gain weight soon after this and not worry about handling this while weighing 260 & being juiced up in some kind of prep. My metabolic health is good as it gets for me right now.
Absolutely. Got your all natural booster. Now pound some pho and enjoy your refreshed immunity

My ex tested my boy a week or two ago and he was positive as well so I'm guessing those few days I was feeling shitty it was just COVID taxing the system for a few days. Should be good for six to 9 months lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great session, glad the COVID is not hindering you!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/16/23
BW 232.2

Band Pullaparts, Tri Ext, Rows, Facepulls, Rotators, Snatch

Bench
45 4x5
135,185x5
225x3
255,285,305,325x1
+yellow slingshot
345,355,365x1
-gear
280 4x6

CGBP
245x6,6,5,6

Pull-ups
3x10, 1x9,8

Another 5lbs on all the work sets for the 5th week in a row…still on just 210mg test e/wk (60mg eod) - and a lot of food, mental focus, & effort.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
5/16/23
BW 232.2

Band Pullaparts, Tri Ext, Rows, Facepulls, Rotators, Snatch

Bench
45 4x5
135,185x5
225x3
255,285,305,325x1
+yellow slingshot
345,355,365x1
-gear
280 4x6

CGBP
245x6,6,5,6

Pull-ups
3x10, 1x9,8

Another 5lbs on all the work sets for the 5th week in a row…still on just 210mg test e/wk (60mg eod) - and a lot of food, mental focus, & effort.
Making solid progress and staying low on body weight! Nice work

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/20/23

5 min walk

Band Pullaparts ss w/ Cable Tri Pressdown
2x30 each

Band Rows, Rotators, One-leg Deadlifts

Widegrip Bench
45x10,5,5
95,135,205x5
255 6x6

alt w/ DB Rear Delt Flyes
25 4x20

Swissbar Strictpress
45,95x10
135x8,7,7

Swissbar Rolling Tri Ext
110x8,10,11

alt w/ DB Laterals
25 4x20

BB Rows
110,135,200x10
250x8
135x10

On vacation and got to train with the wife again for the first time in a long time, so that was enjoyable! You know you must be doing something right at the beach when people ask you if you’re a bodybuilder

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/20/23

5 min walk

Band Pullaparts ss w/ Cable Tri Pressdown
2x30 each

Band Rows, Rotators, One-leg Deadlifts

Widegrip Bench
45x10,5,5
95,135,205x5
255 6x6

25 4x20

Swissbar Strictpress
45,95x10
135x8,7,7

Swissbar Rolling Tri Ext
110x8,10,11

alt w/ DB Laterals
25 4x20

BB Rows
110,135,200x10
250x8
135x10

On vacation and got to train with the wife again for the first time in a long time, so that was enjoyable! You know you must be doing something right at the beach when people ask you if you’re a bodybuilder
Good strong workout….BB rows with 250x8 is some serious weight to be repping.💪
You definitely doing things right, but it’s always nice when your at the beach and a stranger complements your physique, especially the “Are you a bodybuilder” complement.😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you are enjoying your time away!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How wide to you go on wide grip bench? Is is past competition max grip?
No way, that would absolutely destroy my shoulders - my comp bench is pinkies on the rings, and Widegrip is 2 finger widths outside that (middle on rings for me).

The idea is to shift emphasis onto pecs and delts for some additional specific hypertrophy (to facilitate starting strength) and tendon strengthening in a more vulnerable range with lighter weight. I also want to begin building strength wider because when I am 260+ I will be thick enough to move my grip out one finger (ring finger on rings) as I near competition.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will be thick enough to move my grip out one finger (ring finger on rings)
That exact position feels great with my frame as well but is like... one fingers width too wide for maximal load. I like that position for very light warm ups, even suicide grip, then inch it in a tiny bit for full training weight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/21/23

Seated Leg Curl
50,70,90,110,130x20
150x15

ss w/ Back Extension Machine
80,100,120,140,160x20

Machine Legpress
110x25
170 2x25, 1x35

ss w/ Incline Chest Press Machine
20,40,60,80,100x25

Had 30 minutes to kill Sunday so I put some easy volume on the thighs & erectors in the little resort gym, and got to flush my upper body for recovery from Saturday’s work. Maxed out the Legpress and back extension, but I was still able to get an enjoyable top set out of them! This was the right “workout” considering the huge amount of time I was on my feet chasing my son around the beach & waterpark all weekend.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was really great; we celebrated our 4-year anniversary getting married on the beach by taking a family beach trip. Not exactly romantic, but we did get one nice dinner out alone to celebrate. This was such a good experience for the whole family, and my son loved every minute of it too.
Sounds like an awesome vacation. Glad you had an awesome time.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad you had a great vacation… there’s just something special about playing with the kids on the beach, time stands still.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/22/23 - Blast Begins
BW 231.4

Been cruising on 150-210mg test e the last 9 weeks. Noticed estrogen beginning to pile up this last week just at 60mg eod (only a couple weeks into that dose), so I did 200mg Masteron Enanthate last night when I got home late.

200 mast e & probably ~300 test e/wk for now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/22/23 - Blast Begins
BW 231.4

Been cruising on 150-210mg test e the last 9 weeks. Noticed estrogen beginning to pile up this last week just at 60mg eod (only a couple weeks into that dose), so I did 200mg Masteron Enanthate last night when I got home late.

200 mast e & probably ~300 test e/wk for now.
That sounds like a nice little run. Current goals?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/23/23
BW 231.4

Plate Rear Delt Flyes, Rotators

Bench
45x10,5,5
135,185x5
225x3
255,265,275,285,295x1

DB Bench
50,80x20
100x18
110x11
75x25

Seated Dip Machine
150 2x15
170 2x15

alt w/ Reverse Pec Deck
90x25
120x15,12,10

One-arm KB Rows
Left side only, 5 sets practicing lat activation

Bench deload. Lost a little weight on the trip, and I drove all of the 18 hour journey home yesterday then only had 5 hours sleep last night (and felt like it today). So just did 5 lighter singles for technique, then some hypertrophy.

My wife noticed during my barbell rows this weekend I’m not using my left lat at all - I pull the bar with my trap & unilaterally rotate my torso to keep the bar in the path, because my left elbow lacks the mobility to close the angle the way my good one does. So I need to start doing a bunch of whatever supplemental unilateral bodybuilding I can to get some targeted work on that side. Slow light kettlebell bent rows had me feel it for the first time in a long time! Left with just my left lat actually pumped, so big success

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
18hrs WTF! My wife used to do a trip like that every summer down to Tahoe, I think she said it was maybe 13hrs though. Still seemed like a hell of a day!

light kettlebell bent rows had me feel it for the first time in a long time! Left with just my left lat actually pumped, so big success
you ever get those really good cramps later that night or the next day right around the lat that wraps around your rib cage and feels like an external heart attack after targeted back work? 😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
18hrs WTF! My wife used to do a trip like that every summer down to Tahoe, I think she said it was maybe 13hrs though. Still seemed like a hell of a day!

you ever get those really good cramps later that night or the next day right around the lat that wraps around your rib cage and feels like an external heart attack after targeted back work? 😅
I got that feeling on my right side during training yesterday. My serratus started cramping during the side raises after assisted pull ups, and dips. I think it had more to do with me reaching around to the side to change the weights on the weight stack and after i realized it I got up out of my seat to adjust the weight.

My wife almost always shares the driving chore during our trips, which is pretty nice to get to take breaks. I still drive most of it but we switch off and on. She just doesn't like the idea of me driving the whole time and wants to feel she is offering something on the trip. Now anything up to about 6 hours she is okay with me driving, but then she is like "Hey it is my turn to drive you need to relax for a little bit." Then she drives until we make our next bathroom or gas stop and switch back.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

you ever get those really good cramps later that night or the next day right around the lat that wraps around your rib cage and feels like an external heart attack after targeted back work?
15 hours of driving, but you add a lot of extra time stopping when you have kids on board. The drive there overnight while they slept was much faster!

Not that I can think of really honestly.

My wife almost always shares the driving chore during our trips, which is pretty nice to get to take breaks. I still drive most of it but we switch off and on. She just doesn't like the idea of me driving the whole time and wants to feel she is offering something on the trip. Now anything up to about 6 hours she is okay with me driving, but then she is like "Hey it is my turn to drive you need to relax for a little bit." Then she drives until we make our next bathroom or gas stop and switch back.
My wife did drive the last 3 hours on the way there, because I had made 12 hours and had been awake for 24 hours at that point, but coming home we left late morning and I was well rested so I wanted to go the distance. She always offers to drive as much as I want her to and won’t let me drive if I’m too tired.

I generally really enjoy driving on a road trip; I like being in control of how fast we go and I especially like that it keeps me engaged. When I’m a passenger I just get bored to tears

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
15 hours of driving, but you add a lot of extra time stopping when you have kids on board. The drive there overnight while they slept was much faster!

Not that I can think of really honestly.

My wife did drive the last 3 hours on the way there, because I had made 12 hours and had been awake for 24 hours at that point, but coming home we left late morning and I was well rested so I wanted to go the distance. She always offers to drive as much as I want her to and won’t let me drive if I’m too tired.

I generally really enjoy driving on a road trip; I like being in control of how fast we go and I especially like that it keeps me engaged. When I’m a passenger I just get bored to tears
Yep, this is me for sure. I just tend to give up the wheel here and there to make her happy. I often can't sleep in the car unless I am just gone so I end up bored, and wanting her to pass people, or drive how I would in certain situations. It's funny because as the passenger she has no problem turning on a movie or TicTock on her phone and watching while I drive, but I feel I am leaving her out if I were to do that. So I often just don't find something to do while she drives and talk to her instead.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I generally really enjoy driving on a road trip; I like being in control of how fast we go and I especially like that it keeps me engaged.
Very much the same. most of our road trips are under 6hrs the past few years but even if we are meeting people I do everything I can to make sure I'm driving my own car and not "carpooling" under someone elses driving lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep, this is me for sure. I just tend to give up the wheel here and there to make her happy. I often can't sleep in the car unless I am just gone so I end up bored, and wanting her to pass people, or drive how I would in certain situations. It's funny because as the passenger she has no problem turning on a movie or TicTock on her phone and watching while I drive, but I feel I am leaving her out if I were to do that. So I often just don't find something to do while she drives and talk to her instead.
Literally I’m the exact same fellas

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/24/23
BW 232.4

5 min walk

GHR
2x12

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Squat
45x5
135,225,315,365x3
405 3x3
+belt
430x3
405x8 RPE8

14” Hi Bar Boxsquat
275 3x12

EDIT:

5/25/23

Reverse Hyper
300 4x15

Still need to do my reverse hypers in the garage today, but it was 85* last night so I trained at the commercial gym. Pretty content in the context of coming off vacation/travel.

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/24/23
BW 232.4

5 min walk

GHR
2x12

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Squat
45x5
135,225,315,365x3
405 3x3
+belt
430x3
405x8 RPE8

14” Hi Bar Boxsquat
275 3x12

Still need to do my reverse hypers in the garage today, but it was 85* last night so I trained at the commercial gym. Pretty content in the context of coming off vacation/travel.

Looks like vacation didn’t slow you down a bit.
I would be content too with a 430x3 and 405x8 on squats.💪😎

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/25/23

Reverse Hypers
270 2x25

Band Pullaparts, Snatch, Facepulls

Widegrip Bench
45x10
95,135,225x6
265x2
185 8x8 (2 comp, 6 wide)

25 5x20

Low Incline Bench
45,95,135x10
165,185x8
205,225x10

alt w/ HS NG Row
45 3x20

265 felt heavy, and I thought I felt my right pec twinge on rep 2 of the first set so I racked it & pivoted rep schemes. Louie Simmons’ method for his secondary bench day when gaining weight was, instead of speed work, to do 6x6 Widegrip. When you can’t progress that well, shift to 8x8, and when that runs out of road go to 10x10.

After a couple comp grip feeler sets, moved back wide no issues - I’m happy with the downshift. This was still over 2,700lbs more total volume so it will go well with the extra food. Also happy I did 225x10 on incline. Elbow has been very painful on it, but I was in a good groove.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice pivot!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good move, and still got a lot of good volume with total weight and reps.

Mr Green

Awards
@Hyde I recently started implementing reverse hypers into my training to help my back, how much if any momentum should be used during the movement?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde I recently started implementing reverse hypers into my training to help my back, how much if any momentum should be used during the movement?
I think if you have a sensitive low back right now, really focus on minimizing the momentum and keeping your core braced/lats locked. As that becomes more natural and strength progresses, you can add momentum as comfort & strength improves - this will eventually cause a snowball effect in the training weights you’ll use.

For myself, I needed to be very strict with 90lbs for a hard set of 12 initially when I returned to them after back rehab. Now I can do 300x20 with much more momentum, because I can safely tolerate much more flexion and extension on them. I mean I do 2 reps at the start of the set I don’t count to get the weight moving. Still, I always try to keep the weights from coming forward & crossing the plane of my eyes - I feel it works best to actually train the muscles if you keep tension on them throughout. You need to always control the chaos; nobody cares what you do on reverse hyper so it needs to be about YOUR progression & how it benefits you. I feel it greatly improved my low back endurance incorporating them 2+ times a week.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would love to have access to one of those bad boys. I don't have the room to get one in my garage with my big lever gym and a power rack. I would want to stop, and or reverse it before there was any up swing for sure. Your logic is sound as usual Sir!

Mr Green

Awards
I think if you have a sensitive low back right now, really focus on minimizing the momentum and keeping your core braced/lats locked. As that becomes more natural and strength progresses, you can add momentum as comfort & strength improves - this will eventually cause a snowball effect in the training weights you’ll use.

For myself, I needed to be very strict with 90lbs for a hard set of 12 initially when I returned to them after back rehab. Now I can do 300x20 with much more momentum, because I can safely tolerate much more flexion and extension on them. I mean I do 2 reps at the start of the set I don’t count to get the weight moving. Still, I always try to keep the weights from coming forward & crossing the plane of my eyes - I feel it works best to actually train the muscles if you keep tension on them throughout. You need to always control the chaos; nobody cares what you do on reverse hyper so it needs to be about YOUR progression & how it benefits you. I feel it greatly improved my low back endurance incorporating them 2+ times a week.
Thank you, lI appreciate the detailed response. I had read conflicting points of view and wasn’t sure how to implement what I was reading. But I remembered reading you had a back injury and still move impressive weight so I wanted your perspective. Thanks again.