Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly, one of my favorites, we went to a graduation party, and this guy who apparently was autistic, walked over and kinda poked my arm and was like “why are your arms so big?”
That had to make you fell good !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/6/23
BW 232.2

5 min walk

Back Extensions
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Deadlift, stiffbar
155,245,315,365,385x6
405 6x1 w/ 10 second rests

Lat Pulldown
100,120x15
150x21
170x14 with assistance

Chin-ups, various grips

CS Tbar Row
90x12
125x9,7 with assistance

EZBar Curls
40,60x10

Cable Curls
40,80x10
120x12,10 with assistance
90x14 with assistance

Rope Cable Curls
90,70x9-12 with assistance

Drove up to Chicagoland yesterday to meet up with @jtmass while he is doing some international traveling for work. Found a very cool gym loaded with equipment nearby and got to work on some high intensity back & biceps.

After a quick warm up, we got into a little deadlifting to get our nervous systems fired up properly! Then it was onto lat work, with the two of us trading sets setting a perfect pace for some serious effort without wasting any time. When those finals reps got difficult to complete, the other person would lend a hand to make sure the most brutal reps were taken all the way. This was especially helpful for me on curls for the very top with my left elbow, and I have a great earned soreness in them today.

Once we’d managed to change our sweat-soaked tees in the street out front for all the world to admire our sick pumps, it was off for a nice sushi dinner to reload before finally getting back on the road home that evening. I also got to try a bunch of awesome confections brought all the way from India with care! This was a really terrific AM Meetup experience, with great training, food, & people, and I’m so grateful for the opportunity - this is the good stuff in life.

IMG_8014.JPG

IMG_8013.JPG

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was an absolute pleasure, Hyde.. I am grateful that you drove 200 miles to meet with me, man. Thank you! Meeting with you will be the highest point in this trip for me.

Don’t forget the Indian guy who said ‘you guys look like you need more space to sit’ and he offered his seating when he was leaving.. lol

Hyde and I was looking pumped and huge. I couldn’t have asked for more.

Hope your wife liked the sweets.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome that you got to meet Justin in person. @jtmass and I have become friends over the years but have never meet. He is a stand up guy and a very good body builder!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome that you got to train together guys. I can't believe you all didn't get a pic snapped of you all together.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome that you got to train together guys. I can't believe you all didn't get a pic snapped of you all together.
@Hyde @jtmass Do you have any training pic's ?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's awesome man! This is what I love about the forums so much, those online connections become real connections. Sounds like you had a great time! And I'm jealous of those sweets!!
They are very good, and being milk-based so unique from anything really in America! One was the consistency of cookie dough, one like a tres leche flavored coffee cake, another almost like a sweet cheese, for example.

I got to share them with my family last night after dinner. My son does not get added sugars on a daily basis - he was so excited for “India cake!” and loved trying them with me

Awesome that you got to meet Justin in person. @jtmass and I have become friends over the years but have never meet. He is a stand up guy and a very good body builder!
Every bit as friendly, intelligent, & motivated a man as he comes across here - and let me assure you, the muscles you see in his competition photos are very real too! Even in the middle of a long offseason with a hectic work schedule, he maintains a powerful build with proper training ethic. I have no doubt that when he gets finished with his busy season for work, he will be able to produce greater muscle size than ever before.

No, even his girlfriend said the same thing, how did you not get videos We were just too busy getting after it! I really wish we could train together all the time, because having a partner who understands how to push you like that is something very special & hard to find.

I have learned a very valuable exercise for myself I believe in the cable curl he showed me. I despise unilateral/double bicep pose style cable curls and so previously wrote off all cable curls, but doing them like a barbell from the bottom was very good for activating my biceps at the lagging top, unlike a barbell that is moving into the greatest leverage position.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have learned a very valuable exercise for myself I believe in the cable curl he showed me. I despise unilateral/double bicep pose style cable curls and so previously wrote off all cable curls, but doing them like a barbell from the bottom was very good for activating my biceps at the lagging top, unlike a barbell that is moving into the greatest leverage position.
Agreed, I think cable curls are superior to free weights for that very reason. I just get a far better stimulation from them. Direct tension from the bottom of the movement all the way to fighting to hold the flex in the top of the contraction. Honestly, I think my ideal home gym would be a nice rack, and one of those Free Motion Functional trainers with the arms that both go up and down as well as rotate out at different angles. To really top it off would be a combo leg press / hack squat machine. I could build all the muscle I wanted easily at home with that set up. I would probably go to a commercial gym far less with that set up.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's awesome man! This is what I love about the forums so much, those online connections become real connections. Sounds like you had a great time! And I'm jealous of those sweets!!
Absolutely. I really wish I could meet you as well man. I know we talked about this. But, next time, hopefully.
Thank you, Rick.. You were the second person I wanted to meet. But, I know how busy your schedule is and I spoke to Hyde about this as well. Next time, I am going to get a rental car to meet with a few folks here. I am crippled here without a car.
Sessions are looking long/ grueling. Great job!!!
Honestly, except for the deadlift, we just moved really quickly between sets and reps. It was awesome though. Thanks man.
I think I should hit myself for not taking a picture with Hyde. We just got into training and conversations.. completely forgot.
:(

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you, Rick.. You were the second person I wanted to meet. But, I know how busy your schedule is and I spoke to Hyde about this as well. Next time, I am going to get a rental car to meet with a few folks here. I am crippled here without a car.

Honestly, except for the deadlift, we just moved really quickly between sets and reps. It was awesome though. Thanks man.

I think I should hit myself for not taking a picture with Hyde. We just got into training and conversations.. completely forgot.

:(
Training would have been cool or you all sitting in front of a bunch of sushi rolls about to tear it up!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can see me lifting with these guys in my current state, I see you guys have 315 on the bar, could you please drop that down to 15 for me !!! :ROFLMAO:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/8/23

Band Pullaparts, Tri Ext, Press

Bench
45x10,5,5
135,185x3
225x3
255,285,305,320x1
+yellow slingshot
340,350,360x1
-gear
275 4x6

CGBP
240 4x6

Pull-ups
3x10, 2x8

alt w/ HS Incline Press
45x20,20,15

This day is always a grinder. Probably the one I care about the most currently, but it is a brutal, methodical pounding. Longer rests with heavy hard efforts - my elbow is always blasted by the end of both of the 4x6s.

5 more lbs on the raw & slanger singles, as well as the comp and closegrip tempo volume ☠

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Next week I’ll either skip all the geared work to deload slightly, or if I feel strong switch from the Amazon slanger to a proper Slingshot.
nice session, glad you hit that 360 this time. Did you switch up to the legit slingshot this time or just have more gas in the tank?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey I was scrolling back and couldn’t find how you did at your last meet. I’ll keep digging. Or you could summarize
Went great! Really had a blast. Signed up just 8 weeks out, then my left adductor gave up less than 48 hours later at the bottom of a heavy squat. So most of the 2 months was just rehabbing that tear, trying to ramp up my lower body some, while focusing on my bench. GH & BPC are wonderful drugs.

Weighed in at 218.4, my true weight was low 220s, and I went 9/9 all white lights with perfectly selected attempts on my part. Squat 529, bench 347, & pulled 567 to total 1,443 - all 220 class PRs, the total by over 100lbs.

If the meet hadn’t been switched from USPA to WRPF last minute, that total would have qualified me for USPA Nationals both in the 220 class AND 242 (you can qualify for higher weightclasses if you also meet the standard for them). I am already qualified for 275 from last September’s meet. So I’m pretty pleased I pulled that off, considering my leg was all bruised up so recently. It’s also the first time I have executed a 1.5xBW bench in comp.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Impressive! Your strength retention at any weight is crazy. Glad it was a good one for ya man. You gonna stay 220 comp?
He mentioned growing into the 242 class where he thinks he will be able to hit some of his other goals unless things changed recently.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Impressive! Your strength retention at any weight is crazy. Glad it was a good one for ya man. You gonna stay 220 comp?
I was very pleased with it considering all the setback from injury, and barely taking any gas due to needing to keep my weight down (took some SARMs for 8 weeks and bumped my cruise dose about 50% for 3 weeks near the end).

Definitely not, just something to set a metric while I was leanest. Time to go back up & get strong!

He mentioned growing into the 242 class where he thinks he will be able to hit some of his other goals unless things changed recently.
Yeah I am not sure if I will compete at 242 or 275 next, but I know I don’t want to fight calories so hard and want to try to work with my body through the summer at least. I don’t want to push the food & gear for now, just progressively climb.

Last week after finishing AXT, I switched my cruise from 150 test e (5x30mg/wk) to 210 (60mg eod). This is going really well - added some DIM nightly which has smoothed out some bloating, and my muscles & joints are definitely appreciating the extra estrogen. I did start crying when shopping for an anniversary card for my wife yesterday, but overall I have a great sense of wellbeing

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was very pleased with it considering all the setback from injury, and barely taking any gas due to needing to keep my weight down (took some SARMs for 8 weeks and bumped my cruise dose about 50% for 3 weeks near the end).

Definitely not, just something to set a metric while I was leanest. Time to go back up & get strong!

Yeah I am not sure if I will compete at 242 or 275 next, but I know I don’t want to fight calories so hard and want to try to work with my body through the summer at least. I don’t want to push the food & gear for now, just progressively climb.

Last week after finishing AXT, I switched my cruise from 150 test e (5x30mg/wk) to 210 (60mg eod). This is going really well - added some DIM nightly which has smoothed out some bloating, and my muscles & joints are definitely appreciating the extra estrogen. I did start crying when shopping for an anniversary card for my wife yesterday, but overall I have a great sense of wellbeing
Sometimes we just need to get on touch with our feminine side

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm jealous of your ability to play with so many compounds without meaningful sides, I've really really enjoyed even the TD's and AXT but so far all 4 different toys I've played with have come with either the nip issues, or sores/rashes on the skin. Wait, actually 5 different supps this year. Even the AXT I finally had to put on hold.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm jealous of your ability to play with so many compounds without meaningful sides, I've really really enjoyed even the TD's and AXT but so far all 4 different toys I've played with have come with either the nip issues, or sores/rashes on the skin. Wait, actually 5 different supps this year. Even the AXT I finally had to put on hold.
At least you are still making good results though!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
for sure! but I never felt better mood wise than when I had the UH. I don't know what about that mix hit me so well but it was the best. always felt like I was 16 in my first car on a sunny day with that stuff.
Now you’re making me want to try that! I miss being 16!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Now you’re making me want to try that! I miss being 16!
I'm guessing it's the andro? because taking just epi alone I'm not getting the euphoric moods. usually within a half hour or so of applying UH my head would get a little spacey. but not necessarily in a negative way, then great vibes for the rest of the day and killer gym sessions. unfortunately, I also had some unbearable nipple itchiness.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t know that I experience less sides than you - in fact my general experience with many compounds is that, besides significant shedding, I get just about every potential side in varying degrees.

I just started playing with my hormones at 21, and at that age you can handle a lot of crap (no sleep, high stress lifestyle), and I was hungry for results, so I self-conditioned to roll with the sides. You just accept the various suffering the way you accept things like DOMS and body aches from training.

So now I don’t often think too much when I see acne, water retention, skewed bloodwork/health, lethargy, so on. When the gas pedal goes down, I expect the ride to get rougher if I’m going faster!

I do think you have pretty sensitive skin, but I don’t think transdermals are a good solution longterm anyway.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don’t know that I experience less sides than you - in fact my general experience with many compounds is that, besides significant shedding, I get just about every potential side in varying degrees.

I just started playing with my hormones at 21, and at that age you can handle a lot of crap (no sleep, high stress lifestyle), and I was hungry for results, so I self-conditioned to roll with the sides. You just accept the various suffering the way you accept things like DOMS and body aches from training.

So now I don’t often think too much when I see acne, water retention, skewed bloodwork/health, lethargy, so on. When the gas pedal goes down, I expect the ride to get rougher if I’m going faster!

I do think you have pretty sensitive skin, but I don’t think transdermals are a good solution longterm anyway.
Probably not but it's been fun play with them and learn a little more. I think I'd gladly take acne over puffy nipples that wake me up itching lol. The shedding with epi is very light so I'm watching it. Not enough to stop me on the epi yet.

And yeah the gains are addictive...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Probably not but it's been fun play with them and learn a little more. I think I'd gladly take acne over puffy nipples that wake me up itching lol. The shedding with epi is very light so I'm watching it. Not enough to stop me on the epi yet.

And yeah the gains are addictive...
How would you like acne AND puffy nipples? Because I have had gyno naturally since puberty, and still have it even after surgery.

Do not be so quick to assume you’re the bottom of the bell curve - statistically, most people fall in the middle and have semi-similar experiences with things. Most people need AIs with elevated test & such to control gyno.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Didn’t get updates for a few days….it’s really cool you got to meet and train with JT. And you’re right, when you’re able to train with a good workout partner it can make all the difference in the world. There’s just something about being able to push each other, and provide proper spots to help push for those last most challenging reps.💪

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How would you like acne AND puffy nipples? Because I have had gyno naturally since puberty, and still have it even after surgery.

Do not be so quick to assume you’re the bottom of the bell curve - statistically, most people fall in the middle and have semi-similar experiences with things. Most people need AIs with elevated test & such to control gyno.
look man, all I want is a full head of hair, balloon sized pecs, 21" guns, and Dorian Yates' calves, is that too much to ask?
with your pubescent based gyno did you still occasionally have the physical discomfort as well or was it just the appearance that bothered you? I still sorta laugh now days looking back at high school and realizing that like 90% of us had some form of gyno in the locker room but we all just figured we needed more chest work in the gym

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
look man, all I want is a full head of hair, balloon sized pecs, 21" guns, and Dorian Yates' calves, is that too much to ask?
with your pubescent based gyno did you still occasionally have the physical discomfort as well or was it just the appearance that bothered you? I still sorta laugh now days looking back at high school and realizing that like 90% of us had some form of gyno in the locker room but we all just figured we needed more chest work in the gym
The bolded made me laugh out loud. You just might be a person that needs an AI to run things. You could also just be shrinking some pre-existing gyno with the additional DHT which can also cause itching and other issues. I definitely feel when I have aggravated my gyno, both going up, and on the way back down. It is really hard to tell what is going on without bloodwork to tell you the culprit. If indeed it is a negative reaction to estrogen then you probably need a good somewhat effective natural AI, or low dose Research Chem AI to run your prohormones with. I still recommend getting some bloods drawn while experiencing the issue to find out which way. If it is actually not enough estrogen getting to the receptor causing shrinkage then lowering estrogen is not going to benefit your progress in any way and could cause less progress.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The bolded made me laugh out loud. You just might be a person that needs an AI to run things. You could also just be shrinking some pre-existing gyno with the additional DHT which can also cause itching and other issues. I definitely feel when I have aggravated my gyno, both going up, and on the way back down. It is really hard to tell what is going on without bloodwork to tell you the culprit. If indeed it is a negative reaction to estrogen then you probably need a good somewhat effective natural AI, or low dose Research Chem AI to run your prohormones with. I still recommend getting some bloods drawn while experiencing the issue to find out which way. If it is actually not enough estrogen getting to the receptor causing shrinkage then lowering estrogen is not going to benefit your progress in any way and could cause less progress.
This is always good advice, getting blood work when you are showing symptoms. That lets you see where your estrogen is really at, and it’s not a bad idea to get checked for prolactin as well. Of course when prolactin is elevated it can cause all the symptoms as well and can be confusing for people when an AI isn’t working. That’s why I’m a big believer in P5P as a preventative, it’s reasonably priced and a very effective supplement to help control prolactin.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t remember experiencing chest pain, but I went through puberty at 10 and was fat then, so it already had happened very young.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t remember experiencing chest pain, but I went through puberty at 10 and was fat then, so it already had happened very young.
Same here, I was chubby and they were always pointy and bigger than they should be. My loving mother passed on some serious estrogen sensitive fat down to me. Gotta love it. Her side of the family all have huge breasts and a ton of estrogen sensitive fat that goes all the way back into the armpit. Got to love the mixed bag of genetics we get thrown sometimes eh!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here, I was chubby and they were always pointy and bigger than they should be. My loving mother passed on some serious estrogen sensitive fat down to me. Gotta love it. Her side of the family all have huge breasts and a ton of estrogen sensitive fat that goes all the way back into the armpit. Got to love the mixed bag of genetics we get thrown sometimes eh!
I have the same problem, and I was skinny as **** in middle and high school. That’s why it’s so important for me to keep AI on hand whenever I have run a cycle and honestly, why I try so hard not to let my bf% get too out of control. **** sucks.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/12/23
BW 230.2

5 min walk

Band Pullaparts
Monstermini 4x25 (2 before bench, 2 after)

Widegrip Bench
45x20
95,145,195x6
245 6x6

Incline Bench
45x15
95,135,170x10
195x6
210x3
230x4+1 assisted

Shoulder Mobility

Saturday evening wife was feeling sick, had flu-like symptoms. Stepdaughter had some unrelated mucus Monday, and Tuesday I felt something off with my throat - we had my wife test for COVID then, and she was positive. So was my stepdaughter, and I had chills/backaches/exhaustion Wednesday so no squats.

Back in the saddle; just did my normal Friday garage session since it’s the easiest of the week. I lost my sense of taste yesterday, but I’ve been getting the meals in and got my weight back up - despite some lethargy, I was strong tonight & weights moved well.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/12/23
BW 230.2

5 min walk

Band Pullaparts
Monstermini 4x25 (2 before bench, 2 after)

Widegrip Bench
45x20
95,145,195x6
245 6x6

Incline Bench
45x15
95,135,170x10
195x6
210x3
230x4+1 assisted

Shoulder Mobility

Saturday evening wife was feeling sick, had flu-like symptoms. Stepdaughter had some unrelated mucus Monday, and Tuesday I felt something off with my throat - we had my wife test for COVID then, and she was positive. So was my stepdaughter, and I had chills/backaches/exhaustion Wednesday so no squats.

Back in the saddle; just did my normal Friday garage session since it’s the easiest of the week. I lost my sense of taste yesterday, but I’ve been getting the meals in and got my weight back up - despite some lethargy, I was strong tonight & weights moved well.
Ugh. Sorry man. I was wondering what was up with the nightcrew session. Think it’s safe to say we know the drill with this shite at this point. Wishing you all a rapid 12 hr recovery 🤞🏻

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ugh. Sorry man. I was wondering what was up with the nightcrew session. Think it’s safe to say we know the drill with this shite at this point. Wishing you all a rapid 12 hr recovery 🤞🏻
Best possible time for me to get it honestly, being light right now & just on 210 test. Now I can gain weight soon after this and not worry about handling this while weighing 260 & being juiced up in some kind of prep. My metabolic health is good as it gets for me right now.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Best possible time for me to get it honestly, being light right now & just on 210 test. Now I can gain weight soon after this and not worry about handling this while weighing 260 & being juiced up in some kind of prep. My metabolic health is good as it gets for me right now.
Hunger post-covid is surreal! I’m sure you will utilize it to the fullest. Like you said, better now at cruise.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the COVID, good it isn't bothering your strength though!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man that sucks you and your family caught COVID. I used to hardly ever get sick, but it seems like since COVID started my wife and I have caught every variant of COVID there is. Like SkRaw said, at least you know the drill. Hope you guys recover quickly.🙏