Deficit SLDL, beltless
95,145x10
195 5x10
245 2x10

GHR
1x15 assisted
3x8

NG Pull-ups

First time deadlifting in weeks (COVID, vacation), so the weights felt heavy, but everything felt really sound technically. I believe progressing the deficit straight-legs could really bring my erector strength up, so I’m putting my eggs in that basket for the minute.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would love to have access to one of those bad boys. I don't have the room to get one in my garage with my big lever gym and a power rack. I would want to stop, and or reverse it before there was any up swing for sure. Your logic is sound as usual Sir!
I got that foldable one from rogue/west side a few years ago. It works very well for my purposes. Can’t handle the load that those giant tanks can but I still can throw 200 lbs on it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/30/23

Band Pullaparts, Tri Ext, Rows, Facepulls, Rotators, Snatch

Bench
45x10,5
135,185x5
225x3
255,285,315,330x1

3-Board Press
350x2

Bench
285 4x6

CGBP
245 4x6

330 was easy and the closegrips were stronger this week, but I had to work for the reps at 285!
Plan is to get NG pull-ups in later at the playground down the street when I take my son.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got that foldable one from rogue/west side a few years ago. It works very well for my purposes. Can’t handle the load that those giant tanks can but I still can throw 200 lbs on it
Thanks, I may have to look into one of those just to see.
It's funny because he did end up ripped and pretty built after this didn't he?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, I may have to look into one of those just to see.

Oh yeah, for sure. He got pretty ripped up; it was a good gag. None of the other characters remotely cared

People don’t realize what can get laid down under a mammoth layer of blubber - if you use gear to keep the lean mass and can get the fat off, you really can reap a lot of new tissue. I feel I have a lot more muscle now after coming down from 265 last year. But it was a lot of work going up & down, and the training needs to be there all along the way, and that’s not a path many people can manage. They can’t eat the food, or they can’t get the fat off later, or they can’t train consistently year-round.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you know what's funny is I caught a few episodes over the year but never gave the show a chance. watched the pilot finally this weekend and it had to be one of the funniest pilot episodes i've ever seen 😅😅😅

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

@MrKleen73
Yeah, that thing looks like it would do the trick. Top loadable weight of 270 seems it could do the job for a bit. Especially combined with some other stuff ahead of it to fatigue the area.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I forgot Tuesday evening is gymnastics and it was my turn to take my son, so no park time or pull-ups.

But man, my son is awesome to watch grow & progress! He finally did his very first self-powered somersault. His balance, jumping, and climbing strength are all definitely improving as well, and he seems like he’s enjoying himself more than ever at class. He’s always cheered when we pull into the parking lot, but now he just seems to be enjoying every moment. He hasn’t been throwing any tantrums or trying to run off if something disinterests him.

He’s now been training it for more months he’s been alive than not!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I forgot Tuesday evening is gymnastics and it was my turn to take my son, so no park time or pull-ups.

But man, my son is awesome to watch grow & progress! He finally did his very first self-powered somersault. His balance, jumping, and climbing strength are all definitely improving as well, and he seems like he’s enjoying himself more than ever at class. He’s always cheered when we pull into the parking lot, but now he just seems to be enjoying every moment. He hasn’t been throwing any tantrums or trying to run off if something disinterests him.

He’s now been training it for more months he’s been alive than not!
I know this brings great joy! I remember when Sage was in Dance, Gymnastics, and Karate and how much they enjoyed them. Seeing them go from just doing them as an activity to actually training with the purpose of getting better was awesome!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know this brings great joy! I remember when Sage was in Dance, Gymnastics, and Karate and how much they enjoyed them. Seeing them go from just doing them as an activity to actually training with the purpose of getting better was awesome!
That will be neat. He’s definitely still just in playtime mode, but it’s a lot of fun to be a part of.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That will be neat. He’s definitely still just in playtime mode, but it’s a lot of fun to be a part of.
Oh yeah at that age that is the way to learn he will fall in love with the positive reinforcement and accomplishments which is a blast to watch when they get giddy about an activity they enjoy.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/31/23
BW 234.8

5 min walk

GHR
2x15

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Squat
45x5,5
135,225,315,365x3
415 3x3
+belt
440x3
415x3 - odd feeling in left quad, cut it

Nautilus Machine Legpress, pause at bottom
200,280,320x12
360x20

DB Split Squat
BW,20,30x12

Machine CS NG Low Rows
50,60,70,80,90x20

Felt like something was rolling or tugging in my left quad on second & third reps of the 415 AMRAP, so I shut it down. I could immediately feel it was just a bit sore near where the sweep anchors at the knee. Preemptively swapped hi bar 2” high boxsquats out for some easy paused machine Legpress, which had no discomfort. Light split squats were okay as well.

Now later post shower, bottom of vastus lateralis is sore, probably a 2/10 discomfort whenever I use it, so I’m pleased I made the right call on the fly to bail (and that I got a smooth 200kg triple in prior).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Being aware and adjusting is such a huge part of longevity. I kind of wish I wasn't born in the suck it up boy. Rub some dirt on it and you'll be alright years. pain was an obstacle and your were less of a man if you let it deter you. So we pushed through some dumb crap... So awesome to see intelligent training modifications in practice. Watching you adjust and modify has helped me wrap my mind around a new mindset. It is more hardcore to plan well, and adjust so you can continue training, than it is to just push through and get injured. You get so much more training done, so it has to be more hardcore right. ;)

J

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Being aware and adjusting is such a huge part of longevity. I kind of wish I wasn't born in the suck it up boy. Rub some dirt on it and you'll be alright years. pain was an obstacle and your were less of a man if you let it deter you. So we pushed through some dumb crap... So awesome to see intelligent training modifications in practice. Watching you adjust and modify has helped me wrap my mind around a new mindset. It is more hardcore to plan well, and adjust so you can continue training, than it is to just push through and get injured. You get so much more training done, so it has to be more hardcore right. ;)
I feel hardcore just reading this.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol I guess I never considered what is most hardcore! I will say, I will push as hard/far as I believe I can make it. I think that’s necessary to reach new heights; you are going to have fears and take some risks, probably more often than not after a point. Like when benching Tuesday, I felt my right pec twinge again on the second rep of the 350 boardpress. I struggled to start the press off the 3-board and flared my elbow. It was pretty scary starting the next full ROM set at 285, but I had to remind myself that if I moved under control and kept my elbow in position I wouldn’t tear my pec, and I held my position every rep of every set after & everything was alright.

But last night, what I felt on the third rep was 100% not normal and definitely not imagined, and this is training, not competition.

I will say, I think it takes discipline to accept that not every day is going to let you push the same - you have to try to take what is there. Often that means it’s going to take longer than you want to get somewhere, and sometimes it means you need to push a bit harder than planned even.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I truly believe it takes years as an athlete to be able to recognize various pain indicators and respect them for what they are. it's one of the reasons I often question injuries because it seems like 9 times out of 10 someone's injury really is not an injury, it's just soreness that they are misreading but that 10th time, the injury is not just a "let it heal injury", but instead something actually serious. It's a very fine line between "walk it off" and "call the dr" when chasing optimal levels of athleticism.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/2/23

5 min walk

DB Rear Delt Flyes
10x25
25 5x20

alt w/ Widegrip Bench
45,45,95,145x8
195 8x8

CS Tbar Row
90x100 reps over 7 sets

alt w/ Incline Bench
45,95,145,175,195x10
215,225,235x6

Seated Calves
90 5x10

alt w/ DB Rollback Extensions
50 4x12

Hammercurls
35 2x15

BB Wristcurls
50x12 overhand
50x20 underhand
50x12 reverse curls with hold at top

Volume upper day went well. Just trying to beef the base up.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/4/23

Reverse Hyper
270 2x20

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Deadlift, stiffbar
135,225,315,375x5
+belt
395,415,435x5

Deficit SLDL, beltless
225 2x10
245 2x10
265 2x10

HS CS Low Widegrip Row
70x15,15,17

It’s only 250 more lbs of total volume than last week, but I added 10lbs to my 4x5 on comp deads & ~35lbs to all the deficit beltless straight leg volume. Felt like both my grip & low back were a bit stronger since last week from those.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Missed most of this week in here, just got caught back up. Some great workouts and as always impressive weight. Totally agree with knowing the difference between a normal ache when working out as compared to a pain a potential injury can cause. Always smarter to back off and live to lift another day. Funny when I was younger, and would be going heavy, numerous times I would push myself so hard and that inevitably would sometimes lead to injuries. And I would look at that as hardcore, no that was just being stupid. It took a few serious injuries and time off to realize if I wanted to keep doing this as I aged it was time to make changes to my thinking. Glad you learned that at a much younger age.💪👍

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Missed most of this week in here, just got caught back up. Some great workouts and as always impressive weight. Totally agree with knowing the difference between a normal ache when working out as compared to a pain a potential injury can cause. Always smarter to back off and live to lift another day. Funny when I was younger, and would be going heavy, numerous times I would push myself so hard and that inevitably would sometimes lead to injuries. And I would look at that as hardcore, no that was just being stupid. It took a few serious injuries and time off to realize if I wanted to keep doing this as I aged it was time to make changes to my thinking. Glad you learned that at a much younger age.💪👍
It is a hugely valuable lesson. I definitely wish I had learned much earlier.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/6/23

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Presses, Facepulls, Pressdowns, Snatch

Bench
45x10,5,5
135,185x3
225,255,285,305,320,335x1
+yellow slingshot
350,362.5x1
-gear
290 4x6

Closegrip Bench
250x6,6,5,6

Wide NG Lat Pulldown
120 6x15

Got my bodyweight up 6lbs in the last 2 weeks (237.8 yesterday), so that has my bench feeling stronger for sure - the singles are getting easier even as the weights progress.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/6/23

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Presses, Facepulls, Pressdowns, Snatch

Bench
45x10,5,5
135,185x3
225,255,285,305,320,335x1
+yellow slingshot
350,362.5x1
-gear
290 4x6

Closegrip Bench
250x6,6,5,6

Wide NG Lat Pulldown
120 6x15

Got my bodyweight up 6lbs in the last 2 weeks (237.8 yesterday), so that has my bench feeling stronger for sure - the singles are getting easier even as the weights progress.
405 bench is just around the corner.💪😎

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/7/23
BW 239.8

5 min walk

GHR
2x18

ss w/ Situps on GHR
2x10

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift
Jumps

Squat
45 3x3
135,225,275,325,365,395x3
420 3x3
+belt
445x3
420x5

Nautilus Machine Legpress, paused
240x12
380x15,15,20

DB Split Squat
30 3x12

Went into this unsure how my knee would be, but no pain, and much less shifting. There was a little shifting occasionally, but ultimately a lot of solid technique was restored. Didn’t go for an AMRAP, just grabbed 5 solid reps and took the win. Volume and/or weight added everywhere overall, so good forward momentum.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/9/23

Reverse Hyper
180,270x20
320 2x15

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Press, Facepulls, Snatch

Wide NG Lat Pulldown
120x15
140 10x10

alt w/ Widegrip Bench
45x5,10,5
135x8
205 8x8

DB Rear Delt Flyes
30 5x15

ss w/ DB Rollback Extensions
55 5x8

Hammercurls
40 2x15

Couple busy days in the field but I’ve been getting the food and training in properly. Wrapping up week 3 on 300 test & 200 mast: I’m up about 8lbs and things are going well. Had to bump my belt back out a notch finally, but I’m definitely looking thicker everywhere and already seeing performance creep up in training.

Looking seriously at a meet on October 7th, 17 weeks away. The barbell club owner and one of the guys who’s been spotting my heavy bench there are already signed up so it’s probably a good opportunity with timing.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/11/23

5 min walk

Back Extension
2x20

ss w/ GHR Situps
2x12

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Deadlift, stiffbar
135,225,315,365,385x5
+belt
405,425x5
445x6

Deficit SLDL, beltless
225x10
275 5x10

Machine CS Cable Row
Wide Pronated
100,110x25
NG
120x20
130x17
140x13

GHR
2x20

Added another set of deadlift with more weight, raised SLDL by 30lbs, knocked out multiple sets of 20 on GHR. Doing the volume to build the foundation for a PR deadlift!

Beginning week 4 of blast - added in 50mg DHB today for increased anabolism, insulin sensitivity, and neurological drive.

IMG_8241.JPG

It’s basically the moonshine of the anabolic world

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
6/11/23

5 min walk

Back Extension
2x20

ss w/ GHR Situps
2x12

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlift

Deadlift, stiffbar
135,225,315,365,385x5
+belt
405,425x5
445x6

Deficit SLDL, beltless
225x10
275 2x10

Machine CS Cable Row
Wide Pronated
100,110x25
NG
120x20
130x17
140x13

GHR
2x20

Added another set of deadlift with more weight, raised SLDL by 30lbs, knocked out multiple sets of 20 on GHR. Doing the volume to build the foundation for a PR deadlift!

Beginning week 4 of blast - added in 50mg DHB today for increased anabolism, insulin sensitivity, and neurological drive.

View attachment 233096

It’s basically the moonshine of the anabolic world
Nice work on the deadlifts! Always impressed by your sessions and your logging!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what's your sleep like on cycle?
obviously my supps don't compare but between the strength and size gains I've had the past few months playing with new compounds I feel constantly like I have teenage growing pains and sleep like a 16yr old lol. I assume a lot of it is muscle recovery/growth, almost like a puppy. It's had me wondering what it feels like when you guys are pinning a legit cycle.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
what's your sleep like on cycle?
obviously my supps don't compare but between the strength and size gains I've had the past few months playing with new compounds I feel constantly like I have teenage growing pains and sleep like a 16yr old lol. I assume a lot of it is muscle recovery/growth, almost like a puppy. It's had me wondering what it feels like when you guys are pinning a legit cycle.
It’s going to be person specific as well as compound & dose-dependent. Right now I sleep like a bear. My doses are low & I’m using no orals or fast esters. Plus I’m eating a lot to grow.

Things like Tren and Dienelone you could expect chronic sleep impact, and probably the same if you take enough of anything. Taking orals and fast esters late in the day generally also mess with sleep that night. Long esters I can pin at night as long as I go to bed within an hour or so, but taking a shot after work would be a good way to mess up my sleep that night.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's interesting. I'm the same way right now, sleeping crazy well. Great gym sessions and I wouldn't call myself "lethargic" but come 8:30pm I'm pretty toasted and if it's 9pm and I don't think i'll crash immediately, a little melatonin knocks me out. muscle soreness and growth in really interesting areas (traps, lats) and generally very firm/hardness in areas that usually only feel that way with a pump for a half our or so post workout (biceps, pecs). any of this could be the epiandro but I suspect the phosphatidic is helping with firmness as well.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/9/23

Reverse Hyper
180,270x20
320 2x15

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Press, Facepulls, Snatch

Wide NG Lat Pulldown
120x15
140 10x10

alt w/ Widegrip Bench
45x5,10,5
135x8
205 8x8

DB Rear Delt Flyes
30 5x15

ss w/ DB Rollback Extensions
55 5x8

Hammercurls
40 2x15

Couple busy days in the field but I’ve been getting the food and training in properly. Wrapping up week 3 on 300 test & 200 mast: I’m up about 8lbs and things are going well. Had to bump my belt back out a notch finally, but I’m definitely looking thicker everywhere and already seeing performance creep up in training.

Looking seriously at a meet on October 7th, 17 weeks away. The barbell club owner and one of the guys who’s been spotting my heavy bench there are already signed up so it’s probably a good opportunity with timing.
Cool, are you entering the 242 lbs weight class? With the weight you’re moving already for reps, you should crush it.💪🏆

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like to add up the Total Weight lifted dunning a workout some times.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cool, are you entering the 242 lbs weight class, with the weight you’re moving already for reps, you should crush it.
I think I’ve decided on 275.

Not saying I will get that heavy, but it will be easier to take my wife & son to an evening check-in without having to cut weight AND I’m much more likely to PR if I let myself get as heavy as I feel necessary along the way.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/13/23
BW 241.8

Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Presses, Facepulls, Rows, Pressdown, Snatch, Rotators

Bench
45x10,5,5
135,185,225x3
255,285,305,325,340x1
+yellow slingshot
355,365x1
-gear
295 4x6

Closegrip Bench
250 4x6

Not sure what my weight this morning was, but yesterday I was 10lbs up over 3 weeks ago, post vacation. The weight gain has been very smooth and I’m not struggling to get the calories in. It takes consistent attention and effort of course, but it’s very sustainable, probably 4-4,500 calories routinely. I can really feel my bench surging with the new size & fuel.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think I’ve decided on 275.

Not saying I will get that heavy, but it will be easier to take my wife & son to an evening check-in without having to cut weight AND I’m much more likely to PR if I let myself get as heavy as I feel necessary along the way.
Yeah, that will give you the freedom to load up and fuel up without having to worry too much about cutting. It will be interesting to see your strength increases at that weight….hey PRs on everything.💪