Gaining muscles while losing fat. HGP tries the impossible, watch me fail!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never go to doctors. Self diagnosed and 99% sure. Did all the self tests. Believe me, I'm very good at this.
Doctors are overrated, now that we have access to all the information needed. Unless its a surgeon, I stay away from doctors, or if I need an MRI -or a prescription to get a lab test -or to confirm a self diagnose. In that case now, its carpa tunnel, all symptoms lit up.

You could be right but id still see a doctor 😂 i mean if you're right you might want treatment.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could be right but id still see a doctor 😂 i mean if you're right you might want treatment.
Nah, a prescribed treatment will be double checked by me first, most don't live up to my scrutiny.

I was investigating all night the possible "cures" and exercises for carpa tunnel -and the "why" part. I figured I try something less orthodox and suggested by a chiro. I tried to literally pull my hand out of his socket, by hanging myself one armed at my wrist with a leather belt, on a pull up bar. Believe it -or not. For now the pain and tingling is gone, lets see how I wake up tomorrow.
Fugg mainstream medicine.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym

Hahaha! Gym is getting interesting.
For chest I did:

-Push ups, TUT 3.1.1 x48/35
-asymmetric push ups, each side x18/14
-clapping hands push ups (YES, I pulled em off) x13/ 8
-diamond push ups x23/ 17
-hands in reverse push ups (fingers pointing to feet) x26/20
-spiderman push ups x14

Back
3 sets each, "normalo stuff" like seated row, lat pull down -all heavy

Abs
getting more brutal on abs, lots of decline crunches with medicine ball, roman chair until cramping

Shoulders
Pike push ups x28/22
Normalo stuff with DB's

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still convinced that all those push up variations are highly beneficial. All my upper body muscles say so.
Mastering them gives me confidence -and I bet it will prevent shoulder injuries in future, besides, its also planking, the core loves this.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update on diet:

Going strict again. Only one meal x day, intermittent fasting 21/3 while keeping carbs low.

Here my meal:
-2 lbs tilapia fillet, cup of rice, some pickles, tomatoes and corn for color

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Update:

I had nagging pain in my left thumb for the last week, thought I got injured while uprooting plants at my farm. After checking with my friend, the internet, turns out, its carpa tunnel syndrome.
Found out that arimidex can causing it, anybody knew that?
Now doing a bunch of rehab exercises daily.... getting old is a pain in the thumb.
Sure you haven't been playing too much Tekken?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update on my suspected carpal tunnel:
Woke up with bad pain in thump and some numbness in fingers. Gonna stick to rehab for awhile with some NSAIDS. If it persists, I may need a nerve conductivity test, as I don't know where the nerve is obstructed/damaged, could be the neck, as I had a nerve rupture before, with a paralyzed triceps as outcome. Sh1t.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you tried P5P (B6) or maybe some Boron? Also, lots of ice.

None of this may work, but if it does it'd be a nice fix...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried P5P (B6) or maybe some Boron? Also, lots of ice.

None of this may work, but if it does it'd be a nice fix...
Boron would be ideal regardless since you’re on TRT.
Never used boron before and googled it. Interesting compound! Bought some for me and my wife.
I think I figured out where the nerve is pinched. Its where I suspected, in the neck. Found a nerve glide that addresses it.
After the glide, pain and numbness instantly vanished. Hopefully, this way I can control and rehabilitate it.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well that’s a cute snack. Definitely gonna lose weight eating only that.
Next progress pic will show results, I promise. Starting to look "sporty". Winstrol is good "sh1t". :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym was a call to arms and legs as finisher.
Nothing to report.

Nerve problems are still receding doing nerve glides. Seems like I got away with it.

nãomiguel

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Eating pickles is very suspect, but not taking a multivitamin or creatine (one of the most researched supplements ever) confirmed it.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eating pickles is very suspect, but not taking a multivitamin or creatine (one of the most researched supplements ever) confirmed it.
Eating pickles is suspect, I know. Maybe I'm pregnant.
Uganda is very thoroughly researched, you should visit it (just because its researched). :)

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had a couple pickles with my meal last night! Delicious way to get your sodium in and add some flavor.

I take 9mg of NOW Boron daily, plus the 500mcg in my Orange Triad. Dante Trudel says ~10mg is optimal for the SHBG lowering, and he sees the biggest changes in his athletes that stay on TRT.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nothing wrong with pickles! Pretty much love any spicy pickled vegetables, need to look into making my own. Used to have a neighbor that did it and that stuff was always amazing, hot as hell though!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never go to doctors. Self diagnosed and 99% sure. Did all the self tests. Believe me, I'm very good at this.
Doctors are overrated, now that we have access to all the information needed. Unless its a surgeon, I stay away from doctors, or if I need an MRI -or a prescription to get a lab test -or to confirm a self diagnose. In that case now, its carpa tunnel, all symptoms lit up.
I dont blame you with the doctors you in bananaland have Haha.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont blame you with the doctors you in bananaland have Haha.

Its a hit or miss sometimes but they do have really good people there too😁 AND it's cheap. Jesus when my ex cut her finger in the us it was 1000 dollars. My mom is in the buisness in sweden and its like 10-15 dollars.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its a hit or miss sometimes but they do have really good people there too😁 AND it's cheap. Jesus when my ex cut her finger in the us it was 1000 dollars. My mom is in the buisness in sweden and its like 10-15 dollars.
Haha, I once had an accident with a bench grinder where my finger got pulled into the wheel and hamburgerized. I had no nail left, and it went into the wheel with velocity - felt like a hammer smashing my finger. I thought about it, decided to go to the ER in case there was something I didn't know. They sprayed it with antiseptic, opened a pack of sterile scissors and cut off some skin, and wrapped it with a regular Bandaid. Literally.

The total bill was $600. Those scissors, apparently, cost $60 per use. Go figure.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha, I once had an accident with a bench grinder where my finger got pulled into the wheel and hamburgerized. I had no nail left, and it went into the wheel with velocity - felt like a hammer smashing my finger. I thought about it, decided to go to the ER in case there was something I didn't know. They sprayed it with antiseptic, opened a pack of sterile scissors and cut off some skin, and wrapped it with a regular Bandaid. Literally.

The total bill was $600. Those scissors, apparently, cost $60 per use. Go figure.

Damn, i love the us but the Healthcare system is just a little silly😁

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its sometimes cheap here -but you may lose your finger -or die of sepsis later.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All the natures candy has created a witch doctor within you. That being said i will visit your village if i go to paraguay when i get cancer cause i do trust you enough😂
Don't come to my village. Sorry -but I don't know a treatment for ovarian cancer.
😈

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't come to my village. Sorry -but I don't know a treatment for ovarian cancer.
😈

Whenever you tell me i cant it just triggers me to go there anyways, ps we don't know where the cancer will be (yet) 🤔

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whenever you tell me i cant it just triggers me to go there anyways, ps we don't know where the cancer will be (yet) 🤔
If you ever visit the capital, Asuncion, come over!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Id love to, probably going to Argentina again next year or so, Paraguay is definitely on my list.
Bad economic crisis there (Argentina) and here (Paraguay) -also in Brasil. Crime is rising because of it and politics get unstable.... Its all about to blow up in this region right now.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bad economic crisis there (Argentina) and here (Paraguay) -also in Brasil. Crime is rising because of it and politics get unstable.... Its all about to blow up in this region right now.

Yup but it depends where you go. The differences between places in brazil like floripa and rio are insane, then of course if you look for trouble you'll find it.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup but it depends where you go. The differences between places in brazil like floripa and rio are insane, then of course if you look for trouble you'll find it.
Sure, I feel reasonable safe here -but wouldn't recommend visiting alone and without a clue where to move around.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The natives are gonna enjoy your sporty little body HGP!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is Asuncion as bad as some say! My missionary friend said it was the most violent town he was in, when he went to Paraguay.
Nah. Not true. Asuncion is as safe as Miami, I would say. Rules apply for both cities. We have some hood here, not even the police goes in without a tank -or something.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym

Nothing you guys could compare to your exercises, I guess.

Lots of push ups variations, masochistic abs exercises, some machine presses 21's, some cable flies. All until veins showed on forehead -no vaginal DB curling (like others do in the gym) involved.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gym

Nothing you guys could compare to your exercises, I guess.

Lots of push ups variations, masochistic abs exercises, some machine presses 21's, some cable flies. All until veins showed on forehead -no vaginal DB curling (like others do in the gym) involved.
Damn I forgot all about 21s, my former mentor from my late teens had me doing those all the time. He was always a big advocate of barbell or cable bar.

Love the forehead veins, mine show pretty easily no matter what, but when I really get going they are crazy. Probably helps that I shave my head

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn I forgot all about 21s, my former mentor from my late teens had me doing those all the time. He was always a big advocate of barbell or cable bar.

Love the forehead veins, mine show pretty easily no matter what, but when I really get going they are crazy. Probably helps that I shave my head
Mentioning veins popping is just my way to say: "No puzzy exercise". Grunting, swearing and maniacal laughing involved while repping out the last drop of glycogen. :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While doing declined abs crunches with medicine ball, the whole machine was moving, rocking around in the gym like a go-kart, that is how its done, LOL.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure, I feel reasonable safe here -but wouldn't recommend visiting alone and without a clue where to move around.

Yeah, one thing i can say is that South America in many places are safer than many places in the US and Europe. The myth that SA is so dangerous is because they will make a documentary about the worst place and compare it to an average place in the us. This myth will end now, because i say so and i know you got my back on this🤔

Worst place I've ever been in was Bulgaria and new Zealand because i saw things there.

Most scared Queenstown at night only

Most cautions 9th ward louisiana

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nah. Not true. Asuncion is as safe as Miami, I would say. Rules apply for both cities. We have some hood here, not even the police goes in without a tank -or something.
Bro Miami is one of the most dangerous cities in the US

Wife wants to maybe compete there in October but idk...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just to share some thoughts with older dudes:
As we age, we lose confidence. Mainly confidence in our ability to deal with the ground we stand on. You know what I mean? We have a fear of falling and breaking bones, the ground has become a synonym for danger and injury. Getting on our knees -and up again is more and more difficult, we avoid it.
The second thing I want to address is "functional strength". I have the feeling that I'm only strong in the gym -but not in real life. Last time I had to uproot plants and carry them a few feet. It was a hassle, because of the angle and not having something to grip on.

I'm very determined to change that by doing more body weight stuff. When using weights, I will pay way more attention to possible angles and grips I can change, to not get an exclusive "linear strength" for certain movements.
Are you getting my vibe?
Yes definitely!!!!

Really only one really good way to get better at that type of thing. It probably won't be doing the katas as you mentioned, although that would still be beneficial and help with balance. The best way to get that real world strength is by picking up odd or unbalanced / cumbersome objects from different angles and moving them from place to place. Shouldering sandbags, walking with a slosh pipe, lifting with uneven weight distribution on the bar basically getting yourself stronger when not in proper angles, positioning and what not. Those will get all those stabilizers back in check and that is where you get a lot of your functional strength from is strong stabilizers from any angle.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you’re lot just good looking you’re strong too?
I only look strong :) Muhahahaha! You all are lifting heavy azz stones and weight, for what? Just look strong.

;)