Gaining muscles while losing fat. HGP tries the impossible, watch me fail!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lookin good!
Obviously working...if I could like the post I would
Thank you buddies. @Admin , the missing "like button" is nerving. I use it as an acknowledgment that I've read a post -and to let people know I'm following. I guess others do too.

Gym

Today was the first day of my split routine. Chest day/Triceps/ABS/Cardio.
Very productive, lots of weighted dips, incline press, flies, heavy bag, bicycle, dragon flags, decline crunches, BW triceps extensions and V-handle extensions. Bicycle was spinning until reaching 160HR, then calm down to 145, then up again to 160.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have to agree. I don't know if anyone is following my thread still without the like button.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m still reading this ****. Lack of a like button won’t scare me off. Like seeing those sexy pics hehehehe.

For real though awesome progress so far, super impressed.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m still reading this ****. Lack of a like button won’t scare me off. Like seeing those sexy pics hehehehe.

For real though awesome progress so far, super impressed.
Insulin is key, I got that now. All about super-compensation, mark my words.
I did this a year ago in a T-Bol cycle and was looking pretty huge -then forgot about it and plateaued.
3 things:
-always slin before workout (+exact amount of carbs intra)
-always proviron with any cycle (not while cruising), higher dosage with wet compounds, moderate dosage with dry compounds
-sparingly -or no AI when taking proviron

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Insulin is key, I got that now. All about super-compensation, mark my words.
I did this a year ago in a T-Bol cycle and was looking pretty huge -then forgot about it and plateaued.
3 things:
-always slin before workout (+exact amount of carbs intra)
-always proviron with any cycle (not while cruising), higher dosage with wet compounds, moderate dosage with dry compounds
-sparingly -or no AI when taking proviron
tapatalk_1557210817032.jpeg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I Need A Like Button !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife IS a dislike button. Doesn't matter where I push. :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good HGP!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While fiddling with my diet and insulin, I found out something new.

Normally I do IF, eating around 10pm after training. The one meal consisted lately of something like 20% carbs/55% protein/ 15% fat (from lean meat)/10% fibers and greens.
Switched things around, now eating a meal before training, like 30% carbs/55% prot/15% fat. Intra: 50gr carbs (sugar) + 5 IU slin/ after: Meat before bed.
This way I noticed I get leaner fast. Not completely sure why that is. My guess is, the pre-workout slin is active even after my workout, shuttling the last meal into muscles. Nothing is left to convert to fat over night.
Will keep observing how I respond. Apparently, the post workout window for carbs is much shorter than I thought.
Hypothesis:
-Carbs only pre -and intra workout. Meal after workout: meat only.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The “window” of insulin sensitivity can last up to 6 hours, so that’s been disproven.

BUT, maybe eating before training is letting you train harder, thus burning up more fuel and/or creating more EPOC?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The “window” of insulin sensitivity can last up to 6 hours, so that’s been disproven.

BUT, maybe eating before training is letting you train harder, thus burning up more fuel and/or creating more EPOC?
Yes, saw the studies. As I use insulin, I'm not betting on my sensitivity (probably low, because I'm old and get fat very quick).
I searched 30 min for the video that was posted by T. Huge about the window for super compensation and carb loading, didn't find it. He explained that its best to have carbs around workouts. Ideally pre- and intra, as after workout it was only 30 min. Its obvious to me, muscle cell swelling (pump) subsides after about 30 min after training, meaning best blood flow and "open glycogen storage" is around training.

Digestion can take up to 72 hours, my thinking is to not eat too much before bed and last meal to be protein rich (meat), best fish. Will keep trying this protocol, at least it does what you said, giving me more strength/endurance during workouts.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I definitely think having some easily digested food just prior to training is definitely better than going into it fasted, but I am performance-biased.

But I just can’t get anything done if I’m dragging in the gym, and no food means weak sauce for me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I definitely think having some easily digested food just prior to training is definitely better than going into it fasted, but I am performance-biased.

But I just can’t get anything done if I’m dragging in the gym, and no food means weak sauce for me.
Yeah when it is about performance you definitely want some carbs and preferably aminos in the system. I know that during my PL meet prep having a small snickers before training and then some intra carbs and protein had me performing like clockwork! If I want to perform well I must feed myself prior to training. If i just want to build muscle then I just need to train, and eat enough to grow.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm just loving how my Ronald McDonald pic shows up on the feed for this thread lol.... Sorry guys, please continue.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm the opposite, my best times in the gym is when I am fasted.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have no problem training fasted but after all these years I guess my body is used to it.

HGP, that is some serious water !!

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I always eat a Fruit or cream of wheat before workouts.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always eat a Fruit or cream of wheat before workouts.
Yes, good time to get some fruit in.
HGP, that is some serious water !!

40 people died 50.000 lost their homes, This time the rain was serious. All rivers and creeks were swelling and flooded the cities.

Just came home from a serious rave. Went with my wife -and guess what, she danced 5 hours nonstop. Boris Brejcha was the DJ.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LIKED

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Besides the national catastrophe, I went to the gym. Did legs again, as I felt last time wasn't enough.
That was a bad idea, because after training, I got with my wife to the Brejcha performance. Dancing 5 hours after leg-day.... Bad choice... :)

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Besides the national catastrophe, I went to the gym. Did legs again, as I felt last time wasn't enough.
That was a bad idea, because after training, I got with my wife to the Brejcha performance. Dancing 5 hours after leg-day.... Bad choice... :)

Sounds like a rapid evolution from a white German to a medium dark south American 😁

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like a rapid evolution from a white German to a medium dark south American 😁
I don't get that joke, why?
It was RAVE, not zumba. :)

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Loving this thread. Hating that I cant "like" all the good posts in this thread.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Loving this thread. Hating that I cant "like" all the good posts in this thread.
I miss the like button too. Keep"spying" on this log! :)

Ah, by the way.
I weighted myself before the Rave: 97.3KG
After 5 hours full out dancing (arms flailing, jumping, upper body rocking): 99.5kg

Well, explain that! Dammit!

gnbbc

gnbbc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I miss the like button too. Keep"spying" on this log! :)

Ah, by the way.
I weighted myself before the Rave: 97.3KG
After 5 hours full out dancing (arms flailing, jumping, upper body rocking): 99.5kg

Well, explain that! Dammit!
Molly gainz

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Molly gainz
There isn't such thing, is there? 2x molly = 2 kg up? That makes only sense, if each tab weighted 2lbs.
:)
Hahaha!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I envy this old fuk! Raving with his wife and surrounded by sexy South American beauties.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
See... all of these posts would have been liked by many!
I envy this old fuk! Raving with his wife and surrounded by sexy South American beauties.
If you were here, you would go crazy...I mean, Paraguay is in many ways a shithole. 3 things are making it worth to stay:
Local woman, still more personal freedom as anywhere else, all meat is grass fed premium quality.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you were here, you would go crazy...I mean, Paraguay is in many ways a shithole. 3 things are making it worth to stay:
Local woman, still more personal freedom as anywhere else, all meat is grass fed premium quality.
Sounds nice!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

The women in South America are the sweetest but you don't wanna have an argument haha. Asian women are also really nice people. You really do notice a major difference depending on where you're at in the world.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The women in South America are the sweetest but you don't wanna have an argument haha. Asian women are also really nice people. You really do notice a major difference depending on where you're at in the world.
It depends how involved you get with them -and what they expect from you. Here they have a tradition: Looking for a sugar daddy. You take them shopping -or eat in restaurants, that may be all that's required for playing with them, as long as you don't lie about your intentions. If you get too much involved (like love stuff) this may happen if you are a "gringo" (gringo = money):
-Her entire family (minimum a dozen people) expects that you help them financially (repairing house, giving jobs, lent money that they never pay back)
-she gets utterly jealous, because you are now the golden cow for the family, accusing you of anything
-she even may kill you -or have you killed if you betray her -or if you don't spend enough for her family (happens often! No joke), this way someone of the family gets the house or whatever valuable. As here is no justice, the murderer gets free for a bribe after 2-3 years, bribe paid with your money.

Last edited: