EvoMuse Presents: TopMuscle™ (writeup)

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anybody used it only pre workout? if so any feedback on results?
I used it for two and a half months only preworkout. I always achieved great pumps in the muscle groups where it was applied. Strength increases were there as well but those seemed to level off over time. Still got the increased DOMS that everyone has talked about. Those too however, seemed to level off over time.

All in all it’s great product. I feel that I’ve really kept a lot of gains from it in my calves and chest. Applying it preworkout only might’ve lessened some of the gains I saw but I don’t think that’s the case. The pumps were always great and would last a genuinely long time after.

Had it been a more convenient and less smelly, colored topical, I probably would’ve applied it twice. That being said, with the ingredients Matt is using, I just don’t see this ever being a “clean” topical.

I will be purchasing this product again in the future.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Something that I've utilized with TopMuscle and other Evomuse topicals to somewhat mitigate the bad smell is to simply change my clothes before heading out somewhere. I find that even if I wait for the products to fully dry before putting on clothes over top there is still a bit that transfers to my clothing. Placing fresh clothes on top later on reduces the noticeable odor a great deal.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I sprayed my self down with ax and I still smell of top muscle lol . Today I did tri and back . I will see if I’m sore tomorrow .

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Let’s see how this goes. I will be doing my normal protein intake and not change my calories up. The only thing I will do is add the top muscle cream to my program and let’s see if I put in some size over the next two bottles .
Keep us up to date please.

I’ve just received two bottles and I’ll do likewise.
A few muscles have been plateaued this past month or two so hopefully thisll be smash the plateau

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I suspect its due to lower BF percentage and thin skin in your calves.
A difference in BF% between the two parts is the first thing that comes to mind for me too.
It’s also possible tho that your arms are much closer to your genetic limit and so progress would naturally be slower than it would with a relatively undeveloped body part.
Also, I feel that theoretically top muscle should be extra synergistic when used with high volume training

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First workout using top muscle so I can’t say much about it yet but the smell of this ‘new and improved batch’ with the added fragrance really isn’t bad at all and even kinda pleasant

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week two day two. I still smell in the gym. I like what I have so far . To early to tell . I don’t know if I’m any stronger or if I’m recovering faster .

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First workout using top muscle so I can’t say much about it yet but the smell of this ‘new and improved batch’ with the added fragrance really isn’t bad at all and even kinda pleasant
I wish . My stinks like a mofo.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
how important is it that we have a shower before each application?
Would wiping down the application area with wet wipes beforehand be sufficient?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unlike with the Evomuse fat loss topicals, I don't recall there being any need for showering beforehand for this product.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
That is great to hear! Did you try the first version?

I worked out before, prior to my son's football game and one of the mother's (who follows me along the sidelines) kept remarking that kept smelling urine. After the game, my wife said, "I think she was smelling the topical that you were wearing!" lol.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I worked out before, prior to my son's football game and one of the mother's (who follows me along the sidelines) kept remarking that kept smelling urine. After the game, my wife said, "I think she was smelling the topical that you were wearing!" lol.
That's what my wife told me 1 of the 2 bottles of reformulated TopMuscle smells like as well.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
how important is it that we have a shower before each application?
Would wiping down the application area with wet wipes beforehand be sufficient?
It’s your call on that one. It has absorption enhancers, like many topicals, so it could bring anything sitting on your skin along with it. That’s why showering is recommended. Totally up to you how closely you want to follow that.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

My wife has told me a few times now that I smell like wet dog (after getting home from the gym when I used beta version Top Muscle).

I have two bottles of the “improved” versions on the way. Hoping the smell is more tolerable.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I workout before work this morning. I woke up and showered then applied beta version Top Muscle in the bathroom. 30 minutes after I left for the gym I get a text from my wife asking if I was throwing up in the bathroom this morning because it stunk lol

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I workout before work this morning. I woke up and showered then applied beta version Top Muscle in the bathroom. 30 minutes after I left for the gym I get a text from my wife asking if I was throwing up in the bathroom this morning because it stunk lol
A cross between urine and vomit? So essentially one can expect to consistently smell like they were up all night hitting the clubs. Every night!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A cross between urine and vomit? So essentially one can expect to consistently smell like they were up all night hitting the clubs. Every night!
With a hint of wet dog essence

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I haven’t tried the first version. Ngl tho I don’t think I missed out on much haha

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
With a hint of wet dog essence
So basically it’s like being desperate to wipe off your dog who was caught in a thundershower before letting him in the car, and the only thing you can find is your pair of tighty whities that you forgot you threw in the back of your trunk after going for a 5 mile jog in the middle of July the prior week. Then once you catch a whiff of the smell, you spontaneously vomit and find yourself having to use the same pair of tighty whities to clean yourself off?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So just for you all that are reading and, you know, NOT wanting to buy (thanks for that)....the scent has been fixed.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So just for you all that are reading and, you know, NOT wanting to buy (thanks for that)....the scent has been fixed.
Hey whats up man... People saying you closing up shop??

Lunarisx718

Lunarisx718

Awards
Ordered two. Very excited to start. Hope Matt stays around. Always loved Evomuse

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
'Top Muscle by Evomuse, the new eau de parfume'

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The updated Top Muscle scent is 100% better! It is very light with a hint of vanilla. No more spoiled milk, wet dog, urine and vomit combo like the beta version.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The updated Top Muscle scent is 100% better! It is very light with a hint of vanilla. No more spoiled milk, wet dog, urine and vomit combo like the beta version.
what about the result? Do you get the joint paint like a normal ARA run?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what about the result? Do you get the joint paint like a normal ARA run?
The joint pain can happen if I rub it in too close to a joint. It is meant to be rubbed in to the muscle belly and not over the joints. However, if I use too much or too many days in a row it can bring on some joint pain. Not nearly as bad as oral ARA though.

Intense pumps- they come on after just 1 set of a muscle group. The pumps are long lasting. I no longer use pump products for the gym.

Muscle growth- I have noticed a bit of growth in my arms, traps and calves. Nothing too crazy, but nonetheless improvements.

Increase DOMS- more then usual DOMS the day after the workout.

Endurance- no noticeable increased endurance.

Strength- not significant.

This is with only doing the pre-workout application.

Etomic

Awards
  • Established
I just had my first workout with what I assume is the newest version. This batch is significantly better than the previous version I used and, at the time, I considered it my favorite supplement to date.

The pump wasn't as intense as previous bottles but I don't smell like a wet dog or am so flush that I look like I'm having an allergic reaction either.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So far I’m doing okay . Nothing crazy . Weight hasn’t changed and strength hasn’t changed but Lets see after bottle one and go to my second bottle .

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So far I’m doing okay . Nothing crazy . Weight hasn’t changed and strength hasn’t changed but Lets see after bottle one and go to my second bottle .
You’re feeling those gym pumps though, right?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not Any more than a preworkout .

NudgeThePudge

Awards
Is the Top Muscle on the DPS Nutrition site the newest good smelling vanilla version? I see that it’s sold out on the Evomuse site, so was going to order through DPS but wanted to make sue thats the most current version. (If anyone here knows!)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is the Top Muscle on the DPS Nutrition site the newest good smelling vanilla version? I see that it’s sold out on the Evomuse site, so was going to order through DPS but wanted to make sue thats the most current version. (If anyone here knows!)
It is the new one, but OOS was a mistake. I have some stock.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The joint pain can happen if I rub it in too close to a joint. It is meant to be rubbed in to the muscle belly and not over the joints. However, if I use too much or too many days in a row it can bring on some joint pain. Not nearly as bad as oral ARA though.

Intense pumps- they come on after just 1 set of a muscle group. The pumps are long lasting. I no longer use pump products for the gym.

Muscle growth- I have noticed a bit of growth in my arms, traps and calves. Nothing too crazy, but nonetheless improvements.

Increase DOMS- more then usual DOMS the day after the workout.

Endurance- no noticeable increased endurance.

Strength- not significant.

This is with only doing the pre-workout application.
How long have you been using it for?

wheater26

wheater26

Awards
Dsade, can you please check your messages and respond. I sent ya a message regarding an order, appreciate it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I Am on my second bottle of and can’t tell any difference . I’m consuming the same 4-5k of calories that I always do.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still I don’t feel to much .

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still I don’t feel to much .
Not surprised. IMO, I think this product has way too many ingredients and I don’t think ARA is all it’s talked up to be. For building muscle, I think BMP is the better product.. when it’s available.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you been getting stronger?
No. I’m going to give it a little more time to be fair. Once I’m finished with my bottle which is almost out I will give a fair review

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not surprised. IMO, I think this product has way too many ingredients and I don’t think ARA is all it’s talked up to be. For building muscle, I think BMP is the better product.. when it’s available.
For me it’s a better muscle builder then BMP. Plus the pump on it is instant and better then most of the pump products on the market.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn’t mind seeing a more scaled back transdermal. Just Epi and Ursolic Acid.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

luckuyguy

Awards
Did anyone here got a skin reaction after application? I have applied twice on my shoulders and arms and both times I got extremely red skin, burning sensation and a bit of itching (I have the old version, stinky one). Thanks!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did anyone here got a skin reaction after application? I have applied twice on my shoulders and arms and both times I got extremely red skin, burning sensation and a bit of itching (I have the old version, stinky one). Thanks!
The beta version did that to me at the beginning. Then, it stopped after using it for awhile.

The new version doesn’t do that at all.

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What is the deal with taking fish oil/anti inflammatory supps because of the Arachidonic Acid? Best to take them as far away as possible from top muscle?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the deal with taking fish oil/anti inflammatory supps because of the Arachidonic Acid? Best to take them as far away as possible from top muscle?
Not as crucial as when taking ArA orally.