Ecdysterone? Anyone heard of this?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely noticed I've been feeling thirstier since yesterday. DOMs weren't too bad even though I just came back from a deload, so I'm happy about that.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely noticed I've been feeling thirstier since yesterday. DOMs weren't too bad even though I just came back from a deload, so I'm happy about that.
Please do keep us posted brother...

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reviews look great buddy, will think about using this at some point down the line.

Very excited to combine most wanted and follidrone !
Thanks brother. Yeah, the biggest barrier to say I have is, "Every review is mind blowing, this is too good to be true.. " But as anyone can tell you, it is true. Which is why I have so many supporters...

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finished my second workout today. Will keep a daily small log here if people don't mind.
Super! For some it hits the first day (GREATLY mitigated DOMS). For others, it takes about two weeks. You'll know for certain when it hits, and I'll be around with any answers to your questions....

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3rd day. DOMS is basically eliminated and sleep seems deeper. Definitely seems to be doing what it advertises.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
3rd day. DOMS is basically eliminated and sleep seems deeper. Definitely seems to be doing what it advertises.
Nice and your only on day three?!?! When is your next heavy leg day? That is the true test as far as DOMS go.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It only gets better from there!!

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice and your only on day three?!?! When is your next heavy leg day? That is the true test as far as DOMS go.
Ah, true test of DOMS :D

Try this on leg day:

2 sets of squats 8-12 rep range (first do 2 high reps warmup sets though, high reps as in around 20 reps)
3 sets of Bulgarian split squats working up to a heavy weight. Alternate sides with no more than 10 seconds rest.
1 drop set of Bulgarian split squats working your way down from the heaviest weight to you down to bodyweight only with a 20 count iso hold mid squat. Rest for no more than 10-15 seconds and do the other leg.
High reps calf raises of your choice (20 or so reps) 2 sets.
Finish with 3x12 on the GHD

Good luck.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So grateful to hear this. The best part? I does get better with time... :)

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is a good thing. I may even switch into a slight caloric deficit to really put it to the test.
Oooh, it excels on a cut/recomp diet. I must says, you're really stress testing it... :arms:

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oooh, it excels on a cut/recomp diet. I must says, you're really stress testing it... :arms:
Yea right now I am on recomp cals on the plan I PM'd you about. Really tempted to see how effective it is on a deficit. I might switch it up in a few days

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
So jealous of this Edcy party! I begin on Saturday!!!

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the last setence...low dosage

As i said many times before.
There are 2 main factors why people dont get anything from ecdysteroids.

1. Dosage
2. Purity
The study didn't even use what Mixel is a big proponent for, they used the "inferior" 20-hydroxyecdysone.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
I thought 20 was different nomenclature for beta?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
20-HE works but i am fan of ecdysteroid-blend.works even better
Also Ecdysterone,ecdysone, 20hydroxyecdysone,20hydroxyecdysterone,beta ecdysterone and beta ecdysone ia the same. Same structure just different names. That info is from ICPS so i believe they know their **** ;)

Here is some ecdysteroids i have tried:
Ecdysterone, ponasterone,ajugasterone,cyasterone,turkesterone,polypodine B and inokosterone

The good thing is, mass pro synthagen has RC which is more than one single ecdysteroid:

Key active constituents responsible for specific anabolic effect of Rhaponticum carthamoides is a mixture of compounds called, "levseins". Levseins represents a complex of more than 10 ecdysterones including 20-beta-ecdysterone, makisterone C, 24-dehydromakisterone A, carthamosterone, polypodyne B and ajugasterone C.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
The only thing I can get my hands on is Ecdymorph (99% Ecdysterone) CO2 extraction from Rhaponticum Carthamoides
25 mg. would this be effective and/or worth it for strength related purposes?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only thing I can get my hands on is Ecdymorph (99% Ecdysterone) CO2 extraction from Rhaponticum Carthamoides
25 mg. would this be effective and/or worth it for strength related purposes?
It is ecdysterone from RC but just single one. It works but i mean u need a damn good dosage of it. I have been taking couole of grams of ecdysterone and yes, it will increase strength,endurance,size etc

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is ecdysterone from RC but just single one. It works but i mean u need a damn good dosage of it. I have been taking couole of grams of ecdysterone and yes, it will increase strength,endurance,size etc
Compared to PA... and... GO.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
so from a money standpoint it wouldn't be worth it then? If u need a couple grams and there is only 90 25mg servings for around 23-25 dollars

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so from a money standpoint it wouldn't be worth it then? If u need a couple grams and there is only 90 25mg servings for around 23-25 dollars
To be very honest with you, i see no point taking ecdysterone (now i mean a single ecdysteroid ecdysterone) just 100mg.
In my opinion and my experience thats very low dosage.

But 100mg pure turkesterone would be great. It cant compare to ecdysterone. Its more potent ecdysteroid

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Danes, how did you arrive at your 7tab dose of turk? At the site you told me about they recommend up to 4tabs per day (each tab is 100mg, at 10% Turk)...did you just experiment?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Danes, how did you arrive at your 7tab dose of turk? At the site you told me about they recommend up to 4tabs per day (each tab is 100mg, at 10% Turk)...did you just experiment?
Hey buddy,

4 caps is ok but i have been taking up to 15 ar day which gives me 150mg turkesterone and dont forget Ajuga turkestanica at this purity it contain Cyasterone,ecdysterone,ajugasterone and some other ecdysteroids too:)

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Holy fak 15tabs per day!? Thats expensive :/ Is dosing a trial and error thing is it?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holy fak 15tabs per day!? Thats expensive :/ Is dosing a trial and error thing is it?
Danes does not subscribe to the "minimum effective dose" philosophy. Isn't it clear that he subscribes to the "most I can take before getting sick from it" philosophy?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
lol true, the big fella is always all in

i do recall mixelflick saying somewhere in here that 70mg would be a good minimum dose, but i think that was re iforce ecdy so dunno if that figure applies to the turk product too...

for those interested, the price of the turk product me and danes are referring to is $20 for 30tabs, $70 for 120tabs, $120 for 240tabs

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol true, the big fella is always all in

i do recall mixelflick saying somewhere in here that 70mg would be a good minimum dose, but i think that was re iforce ecdy so dunno if that figure applies to the turk product too...

for those interested, the price of the turk product me and danes are referring to is $20 for 30tabs, $70 for 120tabs, $120 for 240tabs
That's ok, playing with Anogenin is already costly enough @ $40 a bottle. LoL.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol :D

I mean ecdysteroids are expencice but likr i said. The right quality and the right dosage (no low dosages) it can really give nice results. One of my favourite but its expencive..

newage, you can allways start with 4 ajuga turkestanica tabs (40mg turkesterone) and increase dosage after couple of weeks

we are different and it seems like my body is like horse-body lol. Small dosages dont bother my body..

I will never forget when my doctor heard i took 12 tramadol (5 hours from one cao to last) and i barely could feel any painlowering effect. While my friend took 2 and he was "high" lol

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Yeah bo i might try a 4week cycle for starters, i train high freq so that should be plenty to get an idea at least (the intnl shipping at that site looks bloody cheap too)

...kinda ironic how you need so much of some compound/extract/drug to get any benefits but you also have a hyper-sensitive stomach, you poor fella!

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Lol :D

I mean ecdysteroids are expencice but likr i said. The right quality and the right dosage (no low dosages) it can really give nice results. One of my favourite but its expencive..

newage, you can allways start with 4 ajuga turkestanica tabs (40mg turkesterone) and increase dosage after couple of weeks

we are different and it seems like my body is like horse-body lol. Small dosages dont bother my body..

I will never forget when my doctor heard i took 12 tramadol (5 hours from one cao to last) and i barely could feel any painlowering effect. While my friend took 2 and he was "high" lol
Danes, would like you to pop in and join my Most Wanted log starting on Saturday, would be good to have an edcy guru like you in the thread :)

also, re tremadol, i once took 8 tremmies in a night too, zero effect, might of been because of ingestion through the nose ;), haha

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Danes, would like you to pop in and join my Most Wanted log starting on Saturday, would be good to have an edcy guru like you in the thread :)

also, re tremadol, i once took 8 tremmies in a night too, zero effect, might of been because of ingestion through the nose ;), haha
Loool! Crazy crazy man !! :D

I will follow your log:) hope you will enjoy it

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Lol :D I mean ecdysteroids are expencice but likr i said. The right quality and the right dosage (no low dosages) it can really give nice results. One of my favourite but its expencive.. newage, you can allways start with 4 ajuga turkestanica tabs (40mg turkesterone) and increase dosage after couple of weeks we are different and it seems like my body is like horse-body lol. Small dosages dont bother my body.. I will never forget when my doctor heard i took 12 tramadol (5 hours from one cao to last) and i barely could feel any painlowering effect. While my friend took 2 and he was "high" lol
so would 90mg of Ecdymorph (99% Ecdysterone) CO2 extraction from Rhaponticum Carthamoides
Probably be good for normal people since u take high doses of everything?

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
so would 90mg of Ecdymorph (99% Ecdysterone) CO2 extraction from Rhaponticum Carthamoides
My opinion is that is wayyyyy too low

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I do take high dosages of many supps but its not just for fun .its because more is better and not harmfull either like ecdy,PA etc..
Like braskibra said..way too low.
I mean 100mg of 20E Is very low dosage.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eh, I like the discussion here, but overall, going with MPS was probably a decision I'm glad I chose. It's got everything already synergistically working. No questions asked. :)

When you combine the sum of ingredients, it's definitely worth the price.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eh, I like the discussion here, but overall, going with MPS was probably a decision I'm glad I chose. It's got everything already synergistically working. No questions asked. :)

When you combine the sum of ingredients, it's definitely worth the price.
Fantastic man, so glad you're doing well with it. Synergistic is a word that's thrown a lot in our biz, but the Ecdy we use plus the complimentary ingredients truly lives up to that name. Took me 2 years plus, just to figure out the optimal EAA ratios... ;)

Meanwhile, Rutgers is about to publish another study favorable to Ecdy. Curbs the growth of fat tissue, vs controls...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/content/ecdysteroids-curb-growth-6048/

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've gotta say....the sleep effects are no joke. I dose MPS in the mornings for my morning workouts (4am to 5am) and I still get awesome sleep effects when I sleep at night (around 10pm). I wake up feeling slightly groggy and its hard to open my eyes, and the sleep definitely feels deep (I also have vivid dreams sometimes).

Anyways, today is the 3rd time I've deadlifted/overhead pressed this week and I'm still able to put out the sets on a slight caloric deficit (~200 cals). I'm really like this stuff. High frequency programs normally trash me but I'm making it through!

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've gotta say....the sleep effects are no joke. I dose MPS in the mornings for my morning workouts (4am to 5am) and I still get awesome sleep effects when I sleep at night (around 10pm). I wake up feeling slightly groggy and its hard to open my eyes, and the sleep definitely feels deep (I also have vivid dreams sometimes).

Anyways, today is the 3rd time I've deadlifted/overhead pressed this week and I'm still able to put out the sets on a slight caloric deficit (~200 cals). I'm really like this stuff. High frequency programs normally trash me but I'm making it through!
This is fantastic to hear. To be fair, deeper sleep is one of the hallmarks of most quality Ecdy. Before I wrote 2.0, I studied hundreds of Ecdy logs for anecdotal feedback. Here's what's typically reported...

IN THE FIRST 3 DAYS

* Deeper Sleep
* Greater Thirst
* Improved VO2 Max

Synthagen goes beyond this, meaning it contains every complimentary nutraceutical Ecdy needs to release its horsepower. I can't go into particulars here, its just too long. I did my best on the Synthagen writeup that's out there, and when you read it you'll see how each piece fits. Suffice it to say that it's the drug free benchmark, for lightening fast recovery. The fact it's holding up under these harsh conditions, should speak volumes.

Now I'm not perfect, nor is Synthagen, so I'm always trying to top it. To date, nothing's come close. I'm all for other companies pushing the Ecdy envelope though because The more practical use feedback and minds we can get working on new products, the better. I said this in 3.0 and still stand by it today..

"Ultimately Ecdy will be found to be as beneficial as fish oil...".

I won't see it in my lifetime, but I hope you teens/20 something's see it in yours. Stress testing it like ma70 is doing is fantastic, because it tells us the limits of the compound. They do the same thing in aviation, where they'll bend a prototype airliner's wings until they snap.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stress testing it like ma70 is doing is fantastic, because it tells us the limits of the compound. They do the same thing in aviation, where they'll bend a prototype airliner's wings until they snap.
Yup. I pretty much lined everything up so I could really see the effects of MPS. High frequency powerlifting + low calories = the recipe for the perfect disaster, and so far, I'm chugging along without feeling like I'm dead.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm, noticing that my skin is looking a bit better. I don't know if it's ecdy or if it's one of the many components of MPS, but just something I noticed that I'd throw out there. Today is day 7.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, noticing that my skin is looking a bit better. I don't know if it's ecdy or if it's one of the many components of MPS, but just something I noticed that I'd throw out there. Today is day 7.
I know it has betain in it, which badly dries out my skin. I could only see that as a positive thing if your skin was super oily to begin with. I will let Mixel chim in on any effects the ecdy may have on it.

Shocker279

Awards
Mass pro Synthagen just isn't for me. It makes nauseous, gives me a stomach ache, and makes me go hypo. The recovery was amazing but I just couldn't handle the side effects even at low doses. Your tranquilogen on the other hand is awesome for sleep and I use it with Adaptogen N so I get great recovery with those 2 supplements.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mass pro Synthagen just isn't for me. It makes nauseous, gives me a stomach ache, and makes me go hypo. The recovery was amazing but I just couldn't handle the side effects even at low doses. Your tranquilogen on the other hand is awesome for sleep and I use it with Adaptogen N so I get great recovery with those 2 supplements.
Nausea,stomach ache/upset and diaerhea er typicaly TMG/betaine sides