• Established
Hehehe

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think you're dumb :(.
So I wanted to do some light cardio since I didn't go out and drink tonight. And my 24/7 gym is closed. So much for 24/7.
Hahaha, I was being sarcastic. 24hr fitness?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you're dumb :(.
So I wanted to do some light cardio since I didn't go out and drink tonight. And my 24/7 gym is closed. So much for 24/7.
They did that at a 24 hour gym called pure fitness I joined in Phx like a month or two after I joined. I showed up at 9pm to locked doors. I asked if gym dues would go down for the inconvenience. Nope. Pissed me off so much I told them to cancel my membership since I joined them specifically for that convenience. Even had an argument with the manager. he Said cus they couldnt get people in there at night. i replied that its not a pay as you go gym and everyone pays dues to include this availibilty so it shouldn't matter if the place is empty or full at 3AM cus your not taking cash in anyway. he was a fukin moron. All the 24 hour gyms there went that way about the same time even the one chain called 24 hour fitness.

hawks21

Awards
Yeah, they have someone there overnight cleaning stuff or what ever. But you have to ring a doorbell to be let in after 11pm. I don't get why they couldn't give us key cards. Guess i'll just post here more now. What I don't get is why people go and lift and watch tv. They literally do a warmup set then 20 minutes later they are still watching tv.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
I hate it when I am the only one using 125 lbs dbs for incline db press and everyone stops lifting and watches me lift. **** really makes me mad.
Warm up set?

macdady

macdady

Awards
They did that at a 24 hour gym called pure fitness I joined in Phx like a month or two after I joined. I showed up at 9pm to locked doors. I asked if gym dues would go down for the inconvenience. Nope. Pissed me off so much I told them to cancel my membership since I joined them specifically for that convenience. Even had an argument with the manager. he Said cus they couldnt get people in there at night. i replied that its not a pay as you go gym and everyone pays dues to include this availibilty so it shouldn't matter if the place is empty or full at 3AM cus your not taking cash in anyway. he was a fukin moron. All the 24 hour gyms there went that way about the same time even the one chain called 24 hour fitness.
That's strange. The 24 hour my buddy goes to gives there members electronic key cards to use at the front doors when the building locks down

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
That's strange. The 24 hour my buddy goes to gives there members electronic key cards to use at the front doors when the building locks down
This was in Glendale/Peoria AZ and also like 4 years ago.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
This was in Glendale/Peoria AZ and also like 4 years ago.

Ever hit that metro flex out there? Best public gym I've ever been to. A few pro's, professional strong men and hardcore music. No pussies allowed, and you get the key card to lift whenever you want. To bad I moved now its 24 or lifetime both of which are to clean for me.

bce

Awards
One thing that really posses me off is when people don't rerack the weights. So Im atnthe gym the other night, small gym mind you, and there are two dudes and a chick lifting. Fair enough. I start warming up on some cables and the they start grabbing their things to leave, keys around neck and all.

Just beforehand I had noticed them going straight from the preacher bench, to flat bench, to smith machine so I know they were using at least those three.

They started to walk out and I took my headphones out and asked them if they were just going to leave the weights there. They said "oh uh were not leaving". The two guys walk out and make the girl out the weights up. I was going to give her a hand but I saw that as her punishment for hanging out with these two douches

hawks21

Awards
Nothing better than going into the bathroom at the gym and seeing that someone couldn't flush the toilet.

trn450

trn450

Awards
I hate it when I am the only one using 125 lbs dbs for incline db press and everyone stops lifting and watches me lift. **** really makes me mad.
I hate it when douchebags try to play along with our "douchebags at the gym" thread and expect everyone to stop and listen to their douchebaggery.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
One thing that really posses me off is when people don't rerack the weights. So Im atnthe gym the other night, small gym mind you, and there are two dudes and a chick lifting. Fair enough. I start warming up on some cables and the they start grabbing their things to leave, keys around neck and all.

Just beforehand I had noticed them going straight from the preacher bench, to flat bench, to smith machine so I know they were using at least those three.

They started to walk out and I took my headphones out and asked them if they were just going to leave the weights there. They said "oh uh were not leaving". The two guys walk out and make the girl out the weights up. I was going to give her a hand but I saw that as her punishment for hanging out with these two douches
How bout this one This guy uncracks all of his weights on to the leg press machine where I was using like 12 plates making me walk my weights half way across the gym so Im not a douche by leaving mine racked. I get up for 1 min to refill my water bottle and captain 25 and 10 lb plate shuffles all his stuff over to mine.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Wearing sunglasses during workouts? Yay/nay

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Anyone and everyone who wears sandals during training

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
The worst is sandals and jeans....

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
macdady

macdady

Awards
Wearing sunglasses during workouts? Yay/nay
I'm on the fence there lol. I have a old workout partner that would always always always forget to take his sunglasses off before walking into the gym. He would never have them over his eyes though so idk if that counts. So you never know why there on their head. That and lifting with a head ache that makes you light sensitive

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
^ I wear slip on flip flops at home all the time and spaced out one time going to the gym and forgot to put my shoes on. Thankfully it was leg day and I just did my squats and everything else in my socks. i didnt see it as a big deal but im sure somebody judged me for it and i dont care.......Yes I sometimes wear flip flops and socks around the house.

macdady

macdady

Awards
^ I wear slip on flip flops at home all the time and spaced out one time going to the gym and forgot to put my shoes on. Thankfully it was leg day and I just did my squats and everything else in my socks. i didnt see it as a big deal but im sure somebody judged me for it and i dont care.......Yes I sometimes wear flip flops and socks around the house.
I have the same views about flip flops as Ralphie may does lol. Its just my feels about them, I go bare foot practically everywhere and I'm sure I look like a Neanderthal to a lot of people.

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
I got one that tops sandals. I'm on seated row machine and out of the corner of my eye I swear I see this kid wearing slippers. When I do a double take he was wearing slippers you know the ones with the soft fur inside.
I asked this kid next to me " Hey is it my eyes or did that guy have slippers on ?" He said " Yup he's my friend and an idiot " I said " You think "

macdady

macdady

Awards
I got one that tops sandals. I'm on seated row machine and out of the corner of my eye I swear I see this kid wearing slippers. When I do a double take he was wearing slippers you know the ones with the soft fur inside.
I asked this kid next to me " Hey is it my eyes or did that guy have slippers on ?" He said " Yup he's my friend and an idiot " I said " You think "
Lol I've always wanted to go to the gyms dressed like that weird kid in 50 first dates just to see the looks I'd get

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I call them house biscuts I do it all the time

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yowler99

yowler99

Awards
Was at the gym today... Working legs, some black guy next to me doing single leg quads, his ass was wayyyyy out of his seat and was thrusting in the air every time he kicked outwards and had a loo on his face like he just splooged his pants. I thought it was joke and he was playing. Nope completely serious, hilarious!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Was at the gym today... Working legs, some black guy next to me doing single leg quads, his ass was wayyyyy out of his seat and was thrusting in the air every time he kicked outwards and had a loo on his face like he just splooged his pants. I thought it was joke and he was playing. Nope completely serious, hilarious!
Why's he got to be black?...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not so much a DB but who starts a workout with traps? I saw that the other day and thought it was odd.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not so much a DB but who starts a workout with traps? I saw that the other day and thought it was odd.
There's benefits to starting workouts with traps, lats, quads and glutes. Activating/stimulating these groups (traps and lats are the largest surface area muscle groups if I'm not mistaken) tricks the body into producing higher levels of GH than it would otherwise. I'll find the study and post the link.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's benefits to starting workouts with traps, lats, quads and glutes. Activating/stimulating these groups (traps and lats are the largest surface area muscle groups if I'm not mistaken) tricks the body into producing higher levels of GH than it would otherwise. I'll find the study and post the link.
Hmm I wonder if I asked the 2 guys if they would come up with that haha. My guess would be unlikely. Some people do things that work on accident. Plus they were doing "shrugs" in the squat rack.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm I wonder if I asked the 2 guys if they would come up with that haha. My guess would be unlikely. Some people do things that work on accident. Plus they were doing "shrugs" in the squat rack.
Yeah, they may not know the benefits of it. Doing it in the squat rack is unnecessary, you could easily find a smith or a power rack (normally). +1 for you on that one.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I wore sunglasses while squatting on Monday. I had retinal surgery on Friday though, so it wasn't really a fashion statement. Neither was the cane.