Douchebags at the gym...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is this smelly older guy who has been wearing the same workout gear for the past 3 years (since day 1) who lately has been spraying and wiping down the next 3 machines he is about to use. He did this the other day he wiped down my machine to although I was still clearly standing near by it and clearly still using it. I said chill man Im still using that, he said it he was going to use it later. wtf? The other problem is he never wipes it after his smelly sweaty ass is done using it.

He also takes the public newspaper first thing walking into the gym and hides it under his bag (and puts the bag next to a beam covering most of public view) so when he goes up to the shower and sauna room 60-90 minutes later nobody else has it so when he goes up so he can finally read it.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Snatch that newspaper and use it to wipe down one of his benches after he sweats profusely over it and then proceed to hide it back underneath his bag.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kick him in the nuts

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Snatch that newspaper and use it to wipe down one of his benches after he sweats profusely over it and then proceed to hide it back underneath his bag.
I like the way you think

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So dropping a deuce on it and then returning it under his bag is too far?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I think you should roll it up then walk him over to the sweaty mess he left and beat him with it yelling "did you do that?! Bad! Bad!"

bce

Awards
The other day I asked this guy if he was done on one of the flat benches. It's a very small gym so there aren't many to choose from.

His reply to me "no beef bro".

I was just like whaaaaaaat?

macdady

macdady

Awards
The other day I asked this guy if he was done on one of the flat benches. It's a very small gym so there aren't many to choose from.

His reply to me "no beef bro".

I was just like whaaaaaaat?
Haha you shoulda said "I didn't offer you a steak, I wanna know if your done"

macdady

macdady

Awards
Haha. Can't be wasting dat der protein
This be true.... well my sarcastic actions have been foiled, you must leave my carcass behind and find your own way to weird him out lol

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you should roll it up then walk him over to the sweaty mess he left and beat him with it yelling "did you do that?! Bad! Bad!"
Don't forget to rub his nose in it too!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These kids were in the gym today for over 3 hours... did so many retarded things I can't name them, and at one point the kid attempted to crawl over the counter at the front desk where I work... I have a feeling they won't be members here next month.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These kids were in the gym today for over 3 hours... did so many retarded things I can't name them, and at one point the kid attempted to crawl over the counter at the front desk where I work... I have a feeling they won't be members here next month.

If I was running that place, that'd be an automatic banning!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I was running that place, that'd be an automatic banning!
I'm just an employee and our "manager" is on vacation. We have a real manager but she is from another chain of our gym so shes never here. I about threw the kids out... I went to school with his older brother though and that's the only reason I am giving him a little lee-way.

bce

Awards
I got to the gym today to hit chest and there was nobody there, I was like sweet. Well a few minutes later, everytime I looked in the mirror, this db made eye contact with me and seemed to mock my every move. Douche...

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I got to the gym today to hit chest and there was nobody there, I was like sweet. Well a few minutes later, everytime I looked in the mirror, this db made eye contact with me and seemed to mock my every move. Douche...
Well...they imitation is the highest form of flattery!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm one of those guys that seems to have a sixth sense about when someone is looking at me. I'll be looking at the rack of DBs trying to find the right ones (since people can't put things back in the same place!) and get that feeling. I look up in the mirror and see a couple guys looking at me - and of course, always the eye contact. I just give em my unimpressed face and keep on lifting.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm one of those guys that seems to have a sixth sense about when someone is looking at me. I'll be looking at the rack of DBs trying to find the right ones (since people can't put things back in the same place!) and get that feeling. I look up in the mirror and see a couple guys looking at me - and of course, always the eye contact. I just give em my unimpressed face and keep on lifting.
I just slam weight and ignore whoever else is there. People don't deserve my attention. My focus is on the weights and my form. That's how you get better than everyone else.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I just slam weight and ignore whoever else is there. People don't deserve my attention. My focus is on the weights and my form. That's how you get better than everyone else.
i think i have read about the guy who slams the weights around not giving a **** in this thread before "douchebag"

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i think i have read about the guy who slams the weights around not giving a **** in this thread before "douchebag"
Slam is a metaphor my friend.

They did some 1/4 squats w/ 405 today... had the safety bars up at a little over half depth. The one kid tried to do rest pause sets w/ it but just rested the weight on it... WOW. So many stupid things today... almost broke one of our machines too...

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Stupid little 70# kid with a Broken leg almost guillotined himself while benching today. He managed to get the bar on the top pin on the left side and bottom on the right. He started grabbing his leg when he got done so I think he tweaked it good. He then fixed the bar but left the 40# on it, and walked away with his head down as five of use just scowled at him.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Stupid little 70# kid with a Broken leg almost guillotined himself while benching today. He managed to get the bar on the top pin on the left side and bottom on the right. He started grabbing his leg when he got done so I think he tweaked it good. He then fixed the bar but left the 40# on it, and walked away with his head down as five of use just scowled at him.
He had a broken leg and you didnt help him?!!!

macdady

macdady

Awards
Hahaha does seem pretty messed up... doesn't seem like he was trying to lift something unreal either, probably just hurt his leg on his bench and lost control. Poor fella

macdady

macdady

Awards
On a side note I saw a dude dead lifting with a broken wrist once!

macdady

macdady

Awards
I think to redeem yourself you should offer a friendly spot to him... if he ever returns lol

macdady

macdady

Awards
Now that is borderline madness!
I know! I think he thought the damn cast was holding the bone together with magic and he would be fine...then again I didn't see home for a couple weeks after that night lol

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Lol no! I just saw the after math I was in the middle of my set then I looked in the mirror and saw the weight all messed up and him heaving and grabbing his leg. Plus if he knew if it was a challenging weight i would have been more then happy to help.

macdady

macdady

Awards
That's gnarly, what a dumbass. Thinking bout how that would feel makes me wanna puke.
I know dude, I've broken plenty of bones in my days of dumb lol and lifting with my said injured bones was far from my to do list. I could just feel my bones pulling apart just watching him :shutter:

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was leg day, I go to the squat rack and find these guys benching in the squat rack.... All the bench presses were open.

Why???

Attachments

jem6702

jem6702

Awards
My new personal favorite- might be on here already but it is a long thread.

I am leaving the gym this morning, guy pulls up. Gets out of the car with a cigarette in his mouth. Literally waits outside to finish smoking before (I assume) going into work out.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards

I am leaving the gym this morning, guy pulls up. Gets out of the car with a cigarette in his mouth. Literally waits outside to finish smoking before (I assume) going into work out.
Gotta open up them lungs!!!!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established

I've seen that one often over the years and have even had friends that do that tell me how much they enjoy a cig after the gym and light up walking out the doors. I find it disgusting. Now I do enjoy smokin herb in my car in the gym parking lot after a good lift ecspecially leg day but that's completely different

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was leg day, I go to the squat rack and find these guys benching in the squat rack.... All the bench presses were open.

Why???
Do your benches have safety guards? I use the squat rack cause I workout alone, and our reg benches don't have catches. I asked one guy a while back to spot me, never again... I miss my old gym.

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
Do your benches have safety guards? I use the squat rack cause I workout alone, and our reg benches don't have catches. I asked one guy a while back to spot me, never again... I miss my old gym.
No they don't but the homie wasn't benching inside the rack, but outside. Plus he was working out with his homie the whole time

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Cigarette. The new preworkout. With over 80 different toxins included for maximum efficiency, why choose anything else? No clumpy powders that leave residue in shaker cups or leave a bad aftertaste in your mouth. With our new improved inhalation method you'll directly instill this preworkout directly into your lungs, and subsequently straight into your blood stream! No worries about digestive enzyme degradation or first pass effect here! And forget about waiting 30 minutes prior to working out! Aint nobody got time for that! Pull up to the gym, light up, and go!

**** yea. I'm stoked for this new pre.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Cigarette. The new preworkout. With over 80 different toxins included for maximum efficiency, why choose anything else? No clumpy powders that leave residue in shaker cups or leave a bad aftertaste in your mouth. With our new improved inhalation method you'll directly instill this preworkout directly into your lungs, and subsequently straight into your blood stream! No worries about digestive enzyme degradation or first pass effect here! And forget about waiting 30 minutes prior to working out! Aint nobody got time for that! Pull up to the gym, light up, and go!

**** yea. I'm stoked for this new pre.
Satire at its finest!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Damn work computer filtering out the good stuff!!!!

trn450

trn450

Awards
You'd think someone would be on top of that :/ lol. I know every time I see some dork doing the 6" bench press with way too much weight that there is a small chance they'll bring that weight down just a tad too low and I'll have to run over. The other day this kid, probably 170lbs and a little chubby at maybe 5'7", dropped 245lbs on bench. He was benching to about 8" off of his chest. One set he went down to about 4-6" and I had already started to head off in his direction when he barely managed to get it back up. Wisely, he racked the weight. I noticed another guy was eyeballing him at the same time, and he looked like he was about to head over, too. My instinct is to help, but one day I want to get the d-bags that do this stuff to do a couple of reps where they actually touch their chest, just so they can get their ego in check.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
You'd think someone would be on top of that :/ lol. I know every time I see some dork doing the 6" bench press with way too much weight that there is a small chance they'll bring that weight down just a tad too low and I'll have to run over. The other day this kid, probably 170lbs and a little chubby at maybe 5'7", dropped 245lbs on bench. He was benching to about 8" off of his chest. One set he went down to about 4-6" and I had already started to head off in his direction when he barely managed to get it back up. Wisely, he racked the weight. I noticed another guy was eyeballing him at the same time, and he looked like he was about to head over, too. My instinct is to help, but one day I want to get the d-bags that do this stuff to do a couple of reps where they actually touch their chest, just so they can get their ego in check.
I feel ya on that one man.

trn450

trn450

Awards
Yesterday was leg day, I go to the squat rack and find these guys benching in the squat rack.... All the bench presses were open.Why???
Why? Why?! WHY?!!Geez, man. Have you ever even TRIED to bench 185 before? Do you even lift, bro? Where do you think you get the extra power to lift such poundages if not in the POWER CAGE!-____-

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually had to run across the gym to help a guy the other day. He was benching and actually do full reps but he did too many reps and got pinned. I looked up in the mirror and saw the bar resting on his chest and the "oh SH!T!!!" look on his face. He tried to get it to the first set of rack points but wasn't getting it close. I dropped my weights and ran over there and picked it up off of him as he let out a huge sigh of relief. Douchebags were just standing a few feet away talking and laughing about him struggling and not helping the poor kid. Even worse, one of em was a trainer there. Color me impressed!
Anyways, the kid got up and left after that.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why? Why?! WHY?!!Geez, man. Have you ever even TRIED to bench 185 before? Do you even lift, bro? Where do you think you get the extra power to lift such poundages if not in the POWER CAGE!-____-
Hence the name POWER CAGE right? Cause it cages all the power in the air of the gym that is released by all the real lifters when they grunt overly loud or immitate RC and yell out light weight baaaabbbyyy and through the wonders of osmosis delivers that power to the user of the Power Cage. There are side effects such as the tendency to also yell out LIGGGGHHHHT WEEEEIIIGHHT BAAAAAAABY! also.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Admin Articles 2
Driven2lift General Chat 10
B5150 General Chat 182
mikeg313 General Chat 40