Douchebags at the gym...

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beer this early on a Friday?! Damn, I can't wait till my Friday starts! Haha
I have a weird work schedule and I already got a workout in so I figured I was entitled to a beer. Besides, its 5 o'clock somewhere! :)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guy was benching last night at my new gym that really made me laugh. There were 3 or 4 of them at one bench taking turns. This guy gets on and arched his back so incredibly high that his butt was probably 8" off the bench! ROM for him was an astounding 8-10". Next this big guy gets on and arches the same way but since he's so big, his ROM is probably only 4-6"! I might have been impressed if they were actually moving some big weight but these guys that were all well over 200 lbs were lifting what I do without arching my back and a full ROM! They were sure acting like they were doing something though!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guy was benching last night at my new gym that really made me laugh. There were 3 or 4 of them at one bench taking turns. This guy gets on and arched his back so incredibly high that his butt was probably 8" off the bench! ROM for him was an astounding 8-10". Next this big guy gets on and arches the same way but since he's so big, his ROM is probably only 4-6"! I might have been impressed if they were actually moving some big weight but these guys that were all well over 200 lbs were lifting what I do without arching my back and a full ROM! They were sure acting like they were doing something though!
Any chance they were failing at a powerlifting technique?

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Let me preface this by saying the guy in the story is not a typical douche. He's a nice guy, respects people's space, wipes the equipment down, etc etc. BUT, he comes into the gym once a week tops. He's probably 60 lbs overweight. When he comes in he always is carrying one of those 32 oz frappucinno drinks with whipped cream and 47 sugars from Dunkin Donuts. He does one light set on about 4 different machines with 10 minutes rest between sets and then 'cools down' for 5 minutes on the recumbent bike. Then he asks me why, oh why, can't he seem to lose any weight.

Honestly, his 'work out' could not have even burned 1/10th of the calories he consumed in that ridiculous drink.

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Since we are on the subject I pride myself in being kind of a douschebag as my nickname is the wolf, I train down in Australia with many other fellow douschebags, fun gym life , I actually took it to the level where I'm starting a Religion on gym..... Please like and share help me support this and even if it makes one person laugh or motivates you either way my job here is done so please check it out like and share thanks guys. Kind Regards Wolf Step 1 - Facebook.com Step 2 - Gymology Step 3 - Like and Share

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Since we are on the subject I pride myself in being kind of a douschebag as my nickname is the wolf, I train down in Australia with many other fellow douschebags, fun gym life , I actually took it to the level where I'm starting a Religion on gym..... Please like and share help me support this and even if it makes one person laugh or motivates you either way my job here is done so please check it out like and share thanks guys. Kind Regards Wolf Step 1 - Facebook.com Step 2 - Gymology Step 3 - Like and Share
Sounds like a reincarnation of zyzz

image-1007582530.jpg

Lol ya know I just ended up checking this out. Wasn't bad really, most of these morals and standards are already lived by a majority of people here I think.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I have the king of douches at my gym he comes in every day in the same camo cargo short and sleeveless shirt ( he cuts off the sleeves), but it's no problem he doesn't need sleeves on his shirt cause he's got tattoo sleeves on his arms. He walks around like he's the f'ing king of the gym, because he can bench 315, but he can't pick up his 35's after db curling cause his bellies so huge guy probably weighs 350. Today he spent 30 min doing 3 sets of db curls, and between each 10 min set he just throws the db's all over the place. Oh and he has to put his water and phone on a separate bench cause its way to difficult to bend over.

The guys like 40 you think he would know a little about proper gym etiquette.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Step 4 - troll

trn450

trn450

Awards
I took the time to watch about 5 different people yesterday on the bench press as I had little better to do between sets on leg press. 5 out of 5 dropped the bar to about 4-10" off of their chest and called them reps. Really, drove me nuts.

I love how once they drop two plates on there, they get this look on their face like "yeah, you watching me?" lol. One of these days I'm just going to be the d-bag who offers unsolicited advice and run over and convince them to touch their chest and pause. I can't wait to watch them be forced to take 50-80lbs off and walk out the door with their tails between their legs.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I took the time to watch about 5 different people yesterday on the bench press as I had little better to do between sets on leg press. 5 out of 5 dropped the bar to about 4-10" off of their chest and called them reps. Really, drove me nuts.

I love how once they drop two plates on there, they get this look on their face like "yeah, you watching me?" lol. One of these days I'm just going to be the d-bag who offers unsolicited advice and run over and convince them to touch their chest and pause. I can't wait to watch them be forced to take 50-80lbs off and walk out the door with their tails between their legs.
No you should just do what I did today. There was a guy SCREAMING while curling 35lb dumbells with full hip thrusting action, clearly begging for one of the girls on the machines behind him to notice him. So I stop my abb work out, grab 45lb dumbells stand right next to him and quietly staire at him while doing controlled full motion no cheat curls. When he stoped I went back to doing planks, when he started back up again I did the same exact thing. He go so wiered out that he put his weights back and left. The guy on the lat pull down machine across from us was in tears from laughing so hard!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Do you know that Fool Glawry?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a "beach house" curling 135 in the squat rack today while people waited on him.

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
perez47

perez47

Awards
The douchebaggery has gone to a whole new level now with summer coming around I can't even describe all the instances... What I wouldn't give to have a metroflex style gym even relatively close. Gotta start the home gym process!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Overheard this today (cause I left my earbuds at work):

"Hey, have you heard of that new stuff called clen?"

It's new??

trn450

trn450

Awards
No you should just do what I did today. There was a guy SCREAMING while curling 35lb dumbells with full hip thrusting action, clearly begging for one of the girls on the machines behind him to notice him. So I stop my abb work out, grab 45lb dumbells stand right next to him and quietly staire at him while doing controlled full motion no cheat curls. When he stoped I went back to doing planks, when he started back up again I did the same exact thing. He go so wiered out that he put his weights back and left. The guy on the lat pull down machine across from us was in tears from laughing so hard!
That would be classic, but it seems most people can't appreciate the difference between a silent good bench and a silent ****ty bench. lol. So, I still think the next best thing is convincing them to pause on chest instead of stopping 6-10" off of chest. I'll let t hem flail and kick for about 10 seconds and then ask if they need my help. ^_^

WPD111

WPD111

Awards
This is awesome

macdady

macdady

Awards
So every time I step foot on a treadmill I always pick the one directly behind the chick with the nicest ass. Today was a good day, this chicks ass was beyond perfect but she was short and I couldn't get a clear view. The only way I could get a clear view was by taking a big step back to look through the crack between the built in TV and the top of the treadmill screen.

Needless to say I overstepped and almost feel off the tread having to grab both handles to hold on. The lady next to me saw the whole thing and knew exactly what I was trying to do and the chick in front of me turned around to see what happened. The DBag in this situation is Life Fitness for not having longer treadmills for booty gazing.
You sir almost made me fall of my couch
...my wife looks very confused right now lol

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got a pretty good one from today. So, in between sets of standing military press, I went to the water fountain for a quick drink. After I finished, I grabbed both sides of the fountain and leaned back slightly trying to stretch out my lats.

Well apparently the fountain wasn't reinforced well enough to support me. I tore that phucker right off the wall. So I'm standing there with the water fountain in my hands water spewing everywhere not knowing what my next move is.
Naturally, I decide to prop the fountain on the stool nearby so it looks like its still attached.

The next poor thirsty soul is getting a surprise. I would have felt worse if my gym owner wasn't such a dbag. So, it all comes back to him. He is clearly the douche.

macdady

macdady

Awards
I got a pretty good one from today. So, in between sets of standing military press, I went to the water fountain for a quick drink. After I finished, I grabbed both sides of the fountain and leaned back slightly trying to stretch out my lats.

Well apparently the fountain wasn't reinforced well enough to support me. I tore that phucker right off the wall. So I'm standing there with the water fountain in my hands water spewing everywhere not knowing what my next move is.
Naturally, I decide to prop the fountain on the stool nearby so it looks like its still attached.

The next poor thirsty soul is getting a surprise. I would have felt worse if my gym owner wasn't such a dbag. So, it all comes back to him. He is clearly the douche.
Lol I'm sorry but I'm gonna vote you as DB here because that's kinda a dumb thing to do lol as someone who frequently installs those damned things I know that they are not "reinforced" to hold the full weight of a person and therefore will tear from the wall lol... I'm sure not everyone knows that but still use common sense dude it was a poor unsuspecting water fountain its like 25 gauge metal and some plastic fastened to some wood behind the drywall what did you expect to happen? Lol(don't mean to be a ******* but I deal with stupid **** like this almost daily and I get irritable when ppl do things like that) they wonder why something meant to support maybe 50lbs almost killed them when they sit on the damn thing and it breaks and they get hurt

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I'm sorry but I'm gonna vote you as DB here because that's kinda a dumb thing to do lol as someone who frequently installs those damned things I know that they are not "reinforced" to hold the full weight of a person and therefore will tear from the wall lol... I'm sure not everyone knows that but still use common sense dude it was a poor unsuspecting water fountain its like 25 gauge metal and some plastic fastened to some wood behind the drywall what did you expect to happen? Lol(don't mean to be a ******* but I deal with stupid **** like this almost daily and I get irritable when ppl do things like that) they wonder why something meant to support maybe 50lbs almost killed them when they sit on the damn thing and it breaks and they get hurt
Fair enough. Certainly not the smartest thing I've done.

macdady

macdady

Awards
:approve::approve:
Fair enough. Certainly not the smartest thing I've done.
And I ment no disrespect here...but I actually wrote that as I was taking a break from repairing a wall and replacing a shelf (granite) that thought it was OK to plop their dumb self on, and now has a nice scar on his ass from lol... so I was a little heated. although your stool camo was quiet creative I must say :approve:

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So every time I step foot on a treadmill I always pick the one directly behind the chick with the nicest ass. Today was a good day, this chicks ass was beyond perfect but she was short and I couldn't get a clear view. The only way I could get a clear view was by taking a big step back to look through the crack between the built in TV and the top of the treadmill screen.

Needless to say I overstepped and almost feel off the tread having to grab both handles to hold on. The lady next to me saw the whole thing and knew exactly what I was trying to do and the chick in front of me turned around to see what happened. The DBag in this situation is Life Fitness for not having longer treadmills for booty gazing.
Amen

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Amen

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
facebook then in search type in Gymology and like the page :D a religion on gym

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Sounds like a reincarnation of zyzz

View attachment 81951

Lol ya know I just ended up checking this out. Wasn't bad really, most of these morals and standards are already lived by a majority of people here I think.
Haha cheerz bro atm im tryna get it out there so if you could give me any help sharing or helping me get it spread around that would be awesome lift strong brotha :D

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

If I ever did cardio this would be my equipment selection process haha.

macdady

macdady

Awards
So I just saw planet fruityness's new commercial on YouTube lol... woman said to the sales lady "and that's why I don't like the gym" and the other woman said to her " we're not a gym, we're planet fitness" hahaha... just thought I'd leave that here cause I busted out laughing

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had just finished doing incline DB curls and stood up to do some reverse curls. I left my bag by the incline bench because I had every intention of returning to it. Before I could even react, mid set, a guy comes out of nowhere with a huge piece of paper towel and proceeded to wipe down my bench while glaring at me. I didn't know whether to thank him or ask him if he worked there. He then went on to use another bench beside mine to do shoulder press.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
So I just saw planet fruityness's new commercial on YouTube lol... woman said to the sales lady "and that's why I don't like the gym" and the other woman said to her " we're not a gym, we're planet fitness" hahaha... just thought I'd leave that here cause I busted out laughing
I want to go to their " planet of fitness " dressed in a green man suit like Charlie from always sunny in Philadelphia and exercise. If its a whole planet of fitness then why shouldn't I be able to dress other worldly ?!

Slappy244

Slappy244

Awards
I had just finished doing incline DB curls and stood up to do some reverse curls. I left my bag by the incline bench because I had every intention of returning to it. Before I could even react, mid set, a guy comes out of nowhere with a huge piece of paper towel and proceeded to wipe down my bench while glaring at me. I didn't know whether to thank him or ask him if he worked there. He then went on to use another bench beside mine to do shoulder press.
LOL that's OCD at it's best.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube;rz7eOZkjQEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz7eOZkjQEg[/video]

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OMFG HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH that video is the best thing i have ever SEEN HAAHAHAH.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And not a single incline barbell press was done that day.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No wonder he needed the wrist straps.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
It's all fun and games till your fat ass is in the ER with a torn diaphragm.

infektid

infektid

Awards
Douchebag at the gym recently;

Guy to tries to sell get thin quick products.
This particular douchebag hits me up everytime I see him to buy "Body By Vi" products.

Then proceedes to do DB inclide press with 45's and moan like a woman on every rep.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Admin Articles 2
Driven2lift General Chat 10
B5150 General Chat 182
mikeg313 General Chat 40