D Aspartic Acid & Negative side effects

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
people used to be crazy about finding a way to change dextromethorphan (non-narcotic cough suppressant) into levomethorphan (potent opioid narcotic analgesec). Until they just decided to megadose the dextro and robo trip
ahhhh the days of roboing"....seen someone do it once(in 1994), they were out like a blown light bulb, would have never thought of such...lol and people thought "syrup" was some new kick in early 2000.

cagallegos

Awards
Wow...Too much to take in.
I have been taking 3 grams for 20 days so far on my PCT regimine. Al I can say is my libido is non existent! It is on the shelf (or maybe in the toilet) for now.

Primal2

Primal2

Awards
I have been taking 3 grams for 20 days so far on my PCT regimine. Al I can say is my libido is non existent! It is on the shelf (or maybe in the toilet) for now.
Doesnt mean its not working. I use testforce personally and it works perfect with nolva pct's imo.

coalsojr

Awards
I've taken NP's Bulk DAA, 3g day, and Triazole, 3 caps day, for 19 days now and don't seem to have any bad sides. I will admit for the first week or so I felt short tempered, irritable and a little anxious but that has seemed to diminish considerably. I do seem to be experiencing some brain fog although I can't completely pin it on the stack. It just seems like I'm experiencing forgetting what I'm doing at a given moment like getting up to go get something in another room and when I get there it's like "what did I come in here to get?" especially if I'm distracted by something else. I am 44 though so that sort of thing comes with the territory. I feel like I'm making good gains and I have began to get oiler skin and slight acne, mainly around my face, and believe me I haven't had acne on my face for 20 years. I could swear my beard hair is getting courser too. Either that or my brand of razor blades are getting cheap on me! The brain fog does concerning me though with all the excitotoxin talk about this stuff. I plan to stay on this stack for 8 wks. then come off for at least 4 but if the fog gets worse or anything else pops up I'll probably come off sooner.

Last edited:
jeanlolonnais

jeanlolonnais

Awards
I have not gone beyond the "12 days" protocol of DAA. I also use it with ALCAR and the effects are great. I have noticed a little bit of iritability the first few days. After that I have not experienced any bad side effects.

broons

Awards
  • Established
I am not convinced DAA is neuro/excitotoxic due to the fact it does not cross the BBB. anecdotally, it is. causing a negative reaction in some users but perhaps there is a still to be discovered moan affecting other hormones or transmitter levels? The study below demonstrates that DAA does not have efflux from the brain. AFAIK, amino acid transport is bidirectional so no efflux means no influx.

Neurochem. 1999 Sep;73(3):1206-11. Blood-brain barrier produces significant efflux of L-aspartic acid but not D-aspartic acid: in vivo evidence using the brain efflux index method. Hosoya K, Sugawara M, Asaba H, Terasaki T. Department of Molecular Biopharmacy and Genetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.

The brain efflux index method has been used to clarify the mechanism of efflux transport of acidic amino acids such as L-aspartic acid (L-Asp), L-glutamic acid (L-Glu), and D-aspartic acid (D-Asp) across the blood-brain barrier (BBB). About 85% of L-[3H]Asp and 40% of L-[3H]Glu was eliminated from the ipsilateral cerebrum within, respectively, 10 and 20 min of microinjection into the brain. The efflux rate constant of L-[3H]Asp and L-[3H]Glu was 0.207 and 0.0346 min(-1), respectively. However, D-[3H]Asp was not eliminated from brain over a 20-min period. The efflux of L-[3H]Asp and L-[3H]Glu was inhibited in the presence of excess unlabeled L-Asp and L-Glu, whereas D-Asp did not inhibit either form of efflux transport. Aspartic acid efflux across the BBB appears to be stereospecific. Using a combination of TLC and the bioimaging analysis, attempts were made to detect the metabolites of L-[3H]Asp and L-[3H]Glu in the ipsilateral cerebrum and jugular vein plasma following a microinjection into parietal cortex, area 2. Significant amounts of intact L-[3H]Asp and L-[3H]Glu were found in all samples examined, including jugular vein plasma, providing direct evidence that at least a part of the L-Asp and L-Glu in the brain interstitial fluid is transported across the BBB in the intact form. To compare the transport of acidic amino acids using brain parenchymal cells, brain slice uptake studies were performed. Although the slice-to-medium ratio of D-[3H]Asp was the highest, followed by L-[3H]Glu and L-[3H]Asp, the initial uptake rate did not differ for both L-[3H]Asp and D-[3H]Asp, suggesting that the uptake of aspartic acid in brain parenchymal cells is not stereospecific. These results provide evidence that the BBB may act as an efflux pump for L-Asp and L-Glu to reduce the brain interstitial fluid concentration and act as a static wall for D-Asp.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Never had any noticable negative issues with DAA.

tang12

Awards
100% same thing happened to me I lost my mind on this stuff at just one scoop a day.Terrible moods, terrible depression. Ive used alot of supplements and this one messed me up easily the worst. Ive taken M1T too......I also got terrible pain in my teeth, I thought it was just me did some research and others have had this happen as well. I did notice some positives, my libido went through the roof, actually thats about all the positive I noticed. More random hair on my chest and shoulders. I tried to add Powerfull to the mix to help with mood swings but to no avail.

tang12

Awards
Dude, can't deal with DAA at all, took it for two weeks, had the worst psychological affects on me big time, I'm always happy, took this stuff, and was alwasy depressed, major mood swings, wil never use again
Meant to quote this

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. Im planning to start a DAA by Chaotic Labz called Annihilate on Monday but now Im scratching my head.

I think I'll give it a go either way and see how I feel in a week. I have GH boost to balance the prolactin and AI to keep free test from going haywire. The product also has 5,7-methoxyflavone which is great but known to cause serious irratability. Last time I used it i didnt notice, im always chillin.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I ran DAA for 8weeks last year. No negatvive side effects or anything, recovery, alpha-male, sex, everything top notch! Jussayin :dunno:

//CC

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
i rarely experience the negatives of supplementation other people get. my negatives seem to be "it didnt do jack for me." Xanthine stimulants in large quantities give me migrains, thats about it.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can get migraines from AAKG and or Citrulline Malate, jsut as a sidenote :p

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I ran DAA for 8weeks last year. No negatvive side effects or anything, recovery, alpha-male, sex, everything top notch! Jussayin :dunno:

//CC
I did it for 6 weeks here, nothing (bad) worth noting occurred.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I ran DAA for 12 days... didnt notice a thing... nada...

ezjax

Awards
If you want me to link i can find it, but the notion that DAA can only be taken for 12 days is wrong. Doctors tell men with low sperm count and motility to take it for a FULL spermological cycle which is 3 months

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
If you want me to link i can find it, but the notion that DAA can only be taken for 12 days is wrong. Doctors tell men with low sperm count and motility to take it for a FULL spermological cycle which is 3 months
its not wrong or right per-say but after 12 days it will not continue to increase your Test any further than it has.. due to the lack of research on long term effects the "12" day rule is being thrown around.

ezjax

Awards
its not wrong or right per-say but after 12 days it will not continue to increase your Test any further than it has.. due to the lack of research on long term effects the "12" day rule is being thrown around.
i was talking about safety not effectiveness

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
For me, there's DAA and there's DAA... If you don't get result from one brand, perhaps try another... That's what I did...

Just saying...

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I also think that a quality DAA product will also have some amount of additional items like Piperine to promote proper utilization of the product Thats just my theory.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
DAA works thats for sure but it brings on anxiety with me. When confronted with a stressful situation it brings on panic and uncomfortableness much sooner. But thats just me.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Its not just you my friend DAA does the same to me. mentally I just dont care for ir. It gives me a short fuse and i snap out for no reason at all. seriously like running out of staples in my office **** that small just pissed me off. Ive tried 5 diff prods with DAA in it and wrote it off. Plus i did before and after blood work on one product and no i will not name it but my numbers increased 3 points so it wasnt worth it

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Its not just you my friend DAA does the same to me. mentally I just dont care for ir. It gives me a short fuse and i snap out for no reason at all. seriously like running out of staples in my office **** that small just pissed me off. Ive tried 5 diff prods with DAA in it and wrote it off. Plus i did before and after blood work on one product and no i will not name it but my numbers increased 3 points so it wasnt worth it
What numbers?

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
i found that out of the test force 2 and bulk daa that i get the most side effects on the bulk, these are some anxiety and very loose stools to the point were im running the toilet the same feeling i got from the origanal green mag lol

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
I'm totally the opposite.. I get much better mood overall, I'm feeling more joyful and have more "energy-spirit" of it... I can definitely tell a big difference in the gym when I'm on DAA and when not... The aggression and go in the gym is so much better with it :)

Sorry to hear that you are experience anxiety !

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm totally the opposite.. I get much better mood overall, I'm feeling more joyful and have more "energy-spirit" of it... I can definitely tell a big difference in the gym when I'm on DAA and when not... The aggression and go in the gym is so much better with it :)

I can relate to this^ :banana:

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I've gone through 100g of bulk DAA with 2 bottles of ---- -- (which also contains DAA) to keep est. at bay. Also using vit. c, B-6, and l-dopa to inhibit prolactin issues. No neg. sides to speak of.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
What numbers?
total and free test. the before work was basic, the post work was more in depth as I am going through some health issues so we are searching for causes

i was disheartened

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established

My experiences with DAA are the same as yours, very positive mood and feeling of well-being. Absolutely no anxiety though.

Although my experience certainly isn't comprehensive of much of the DAA market, since I have only used SNS DAA.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
total and free test. the before work was basic, the post work was more in depth as I am going through some health issues so we are searching for causes

i was disheartened
That sucks, hopefully the health issues aren't anything too serious.

Potatobake

Awards
doctors are referring people to take DAA?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
source?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've only had positive effects from DAA so far. No negatives or sides to speak of whatsoever.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The anxiety is pretty common and even makes sense given how the NMDA metabolite works in neurons

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All three of you sell it.
A valid point, but the biggest voices against DAA seem to be those that sell alternatives to it. I don't sell it and highly advocate using it.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used Testforce v1 and v2. Not trying to "pimp" a specific product here, just sharing my experiences.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
SNS also sells CEE, but no one here pushes it. DAA works. It's proven. Reports of negative side effects are no more common than any other tbooster.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SNS also sells CEE, but no one here pushes it. DAA works. It's proven. Reports of negative side effects are no more common than any other tbooster.
AI Sports sells it too, but I wouldn't say the sides are the same. Outside of the anxiety yes. And the anxiety doesn't affect a lot of people true, but a fair number, and particularly people who follow the more is better and dose higher. It is very effective though, and if you keep doses reasonable (or comically if you smoke cigarettes ) the anxiety isn't likely to be an issue.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A valid point, but the biggest voices against DAA seem to be those that sell alternatives to it. I don't sell it and highly advocate using it.
You are mistaken.. I am the one against, and the company i work for has no comparable products. The common effect of anxiety should be thought of more than just a side. But that is me, and you all are obviously free to do as you will.

primetime32

Awards
You are mistaken.. I am the one against, and the company i work for has no comparable products. The common effect of anxiety should be thought of more than just a side. But that is me, and you all are obviously free to do as you will.
You guys have good products (i personally am enjoying Erase) but Anabeta, while not techinically a Test Booster, is in a similar class as some of the test boosters out there. I read a description of your product (on your site) which states in part that "First it states that Anacyclus pyrethrum is in fact myotropic when taken orally and suggests a testosterone like action." Again, you are not claiming that it is a T-Booster, but you are sort of claiming that your product has a similar effect to a Test Booster.

I don't doubt your opinion, but a case could be made that you have a horse in the race.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, the problem is that high NMDA levels can cause actual neurological damage. Probably not an issue if you don't get the anxiety, or if you dose at lower levels, but its a meaningful risk. Thats why that Propadrol EP with the proprietary formula including NMDA directly is a bit iffy.

It is comical that nicotine helps clean those receptors and aids in the metabolism of it.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Settle down lol. You are not the only one against DAA. I honestly wasn't talking about you or PES. PES is a great company and has some great products which I have and still use. Anxiety is a side and not one that I dispute. Anybody with anxiety issues should use DAA cautiously and if it causes them, they should stop. I have general anxiety problems and have been lucky to not have had this with DAA or at least with the brands that I have used. My problem is with the people yelling excitotoxicity without a shred of proof and then saying btw, here is our product.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Settle down lol. You are not the only one against DAA. I honestly wasn't talking about you or PES. PES is a great company and has some great products which I have and still use. Anxiety is a side and not one that I dispute. Anybody with anxiety issues should use DAA cautiously and if it causes them, they should stop. I have general anxiety problems and have been lucky to not have had this with DAA or at least with the brands that I have used. My problem is with the people yelling excitotoxicity without a shred of proof and then saying btw, here is our product.
Without shred of proof?

http://www.eurosiva.org/Archive/Vienna/abstracts/Speakers/SUREDA.htm

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/20/23/8831.short

plenty more. NMDA can cause excitotoxicity, NMDA is a metabolite of DAA. What levels of metabolite you end up with are unknown, and what level causes issues is unknown. But it makes being careful with DAA supplementation important, and doing regular cycling off it for periods.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys have good products (i personally am enjoying Erase) but Anabeta, while not techinically a Test Booster, is in a similar class as some of the test boosters out there. I read a description of your product (on your site) which states in part that "First it states that Anacyclus pyrethrum is in fact myotropic when taken orally and suggests a testosterone like action." Again, you are not claiming that it is a T-Booster, but you are sort of claiming that your product has a similar effect to a Test Booster.

I don't doubt your opinion, but a case could be made that you have a horse in the race.
Thank you for the compliment on our products.

Not that DAdams needs someone to argue a corner, nor do I consider this an argument but to chime in from a PES perspective we do not market it as a T booster because it's effects are only very mild and occur in some people. I love AnaBeta and it is comfortable my favourite natural supplement (including the rest of the PES line) but I get no noticeable effects suggesting increased testosterone.

If you want to increase your test then DAA is more reliable in my opinion at doing just that.

Of course we do have products that could be viewed as similar in some respect and you are welcome to take any of our opinions with a pinch of salt (I know I would). I just wanted to point out that the T boosting benefits of AnaBeta are so far down the list it isn't something we focus on. :)