Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Without shred of proof?

http://www.eurosiva.org/Archive/Vienna/abstracts/Speakers/SUREDA.htm

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/20/23/8831.short

plenty more. NMDA can cause excitotoxicity, NMDA is a metabolite of DAA. What levels of metabolite you end up with are unknown, and what level causes issues is unknown. But it makes being careful with DAA supplementation important, and doing regular cycling off it for periods.
That first one is a very nice book report, but not one I would recommend using to support any arguement. The second, which is just an abstract, states this "These results strongly argue that exogenous glutamate and NMDA normally induce excitotoxicity at distinct cellular locations in mature mixed neuronal cultures and that NR1/NR2B receptors remain an important component in the expression of glutamate, but not NMDA-induced excitotoxicity." As I have said repeatedly, excitotoxicity is a theory for some diseases, but has not been actually shown to occur yet. And it is also used, as in this case, as an in vitro tool. If you have a cell culture and pump enough NMDA into it, yes, you will induce excitotoxicity. The NMDA receptor is much more complicated than this whole DAA debate that rages on here.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Settle down lol. You are not the only one against DAA. I honestly wasn't talking about you or PES. PES is a great company and has some great products which I have and still use. Anxiety is a side and not one that I dispute. Anybody with anxiety issues should use DAA cautiously and if it causes them, they should stop. I have general anxiety problems and have been lucky to not have had this with DAA or at least with the brands that I have used. My problem is with the people yelling excitotoxicity without a shred of proof and then saying btw, here is our product.
My post was not meant to sound uppity so to say.

Eh.. you are only dismissing things people present to you... ie Easy... so really not worthwhile to keep beating this horse. Brain related illnesses are on the rise, no reason to even test a worthwhile theory in my eyes.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is comical that nicotine helps clean those receptors and aids in the metabolism of it.
I'm glad I am a user of exessive amounts of swedish snus :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
My post was not meant to sound uppity so to say.

Eh.. you are only dismissing things people present to you... ie Easy... so really not worthwhile to keep beating this horse. Brain related illnesses are on the rise, no reason to even test a worthwhile theory in my eyes.
Aleksander is in the field of neuroscience FYI. Yes, brain-related illnesses are on the rise. And they've been on the rise before DAA was introduced. The predominant hypothesis is NOT excitotoxicity for neurogenerative disorders.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aleksander is in the field of neuroscience FYI. Yes, brain-related illnesses are on the rise. And they've been on the rise before DAA was introduced. The predominant hypothesis is NOT excitotoxicity for neurogenerative disorders.
Read the whole thread, this has been discussed. We know he is in the field.

Now... considering they were on the rise prior to DAA... now why would you test the water when the predominant action is against NMDA considering theory from others in the field and the very real neuro side people experience? I once took 10 jaeger shots in a row, felt fine two days later... does it mean it was a great idea... even at the time?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Now... considering they were on the rise prior to DAA... now why would you test the water when the predominant action is against NMDA considering theory from others in the field and the very real neuro side people experience? I once took 10 jaeger shots in a row, felt fine two days later... does it mean it was a great idea... even at the time?
Shoulda had jager bombs bro

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

What study on DAA are you referring to again? Or is this just anecdote? Caffeine gives me headaches, and DAA makes me feel great.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What study on DAA are you referring to again? Or is this just anecdote? Caffeine gives me headaches, and DAA makes me feel great.
trying to say there is no risk is about as legitimate as saying its too risky to use. Its a open question, and there is some reason to believe there may be a risk, particularly with long term high dosed usage.

And your "DAA makes me feel great" is just anecdotal too so not sure how relevant that is :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
trying to say there is no risk is about as legitimate as saying its too risky to use. Its a open question, and there is some reason to believe there may be a risk, particularly with long term high dosed usage.

And your "DAA makes me feel great" is just anecdotal too so not sure how relevant that is :)
That was the point.

I never said it was risk-free. I said it is as risky as any other tbooster on the market. Longterm, high dosing of fadogia is much worse.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was the point.

I never said it was risk-free. I said it is as risky as any other tbooster on the market. Longterm, high dosing of fadogia is much worse.
I dunno, I think i'd rather risk HTPA function with low LH levels than brain cells though. Hence why I say moderate doses (probably a few days to week of 3g then 1.5/day) and cycling off regularly probably works out fine.

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
The anxiety issue is the only reason why i havent tried DAA yet, I grew up in a broken household where violence was the only show of emotion, my head is all ****ed up for this type of **** hahaha

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just so my point is clear. I personally like DAA and do not believe oral use at the levels that are present in supps will cause excitotoxicity. BUT, as with any supp, it should be used with caution and respect. If you drink an entire tub of DAA you will have issues lol.

I was simply responding to the post about those sticking up for DAA are those that sell it. They are reps selling a product, so this is a valid point, but there are some of us that do not sell it and advocate it still. I also have noticed though that many (NOT ALL) that are against DAA seem to sell an alternative to it.

If somebody believes that DAA is causing excitotoxicity and creating big holes in the brain, then I can only ask for what proof they have. The common retort seems to be that the burden of proof lies upon the pro-DAA group to prove that it does not cause excitotoxicity. Yet, that is tantamount to me saying that product X causes cancer, now prove me wrong.

There are a lot of supps out there. If you don't want to take DAA, then don't. It is only when I see science being used incorrectly that I will jump in. Also, fair warning. If anybody posts an abstract to support their arguement, they should be ready to discuss the actual paper, not the one paragraph abstract.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The anxiety issue is the only reason why i havent tried DAA yet, I grew up in a broken household where violence was the only show of emotion, my head is all ****ed up for this type of **** hahaha
My suggestion for you would be to ask a company if they offer a small free sample. Otherwise, if you do have serious anxiety issues already, then you may want to avoid DAA, but you may want to avoid test boosters in general.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just so my point is clear. I personally like DAA and do not believe oral use at the levels that are present in supps will cause excitotoxicity. BUT, as with any supp, it should be used with caution and respect. If you drink an entire tub of DAA you will have issues lol.

I was simply responding to the post about those sticking up for DAA are those that sell it. They are reps selling a product, so this is a valid point, but there are some of us that do not sell it and advocate it still.
I see where this argument is coming from. However, many(if not all) that sell the product also USE the product.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see where this argument is coming from. However, many(if not all) that sell the product also USE the product.
Exactly, just Like how Jay Cutler uses muscle tech. lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If somebody believes that DAA is causing excitotoxicity and creating big holes in the brain, then I can only ask for what proof they have. The common retort seems to be that the burden of proof lies upon the pro-DAA group to prove that it does not cause excitotoxicity. Yet, that is tantamount to me saying that product X causes cancer, now prove me wrong.
I guess though some are looking at it from a "food safety" perspective, that proof a product is safe to consume should be present vs having proof that it is unsafe to make it unavailable. I suppose this is the FDA's perpetual argument in favor of limiting supplements.

Probably would help for me to look at what level of d-aspartic acid is consumed in normal foods over the course of a day. Never enough time to research all that I want to though.

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
My suggestion for you would be to ask a company if they offer a small free sample. Otherwise, if you do have serious anxiety issues already, then you may want to avoid DAA, but you may want to avoid test boosters in general.
why avoid test boosters tho?

I never took a test booster (Titanium, BioForge, TestoPro) that caused any anxiety

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess though some are looking at it from a "food safety" perspective, that proof a product is safe to consume should be present vs having proof that it is unsafe to make it unavailable. I suppose this is the FDA's perpetual argument in favor of limiting supplements.

Probably would help for me to look at what level of d-aspartic acid is consumed in normal foods over the course of a day. Never enough time to research all that I want to though.
I completely see where you are coming from. It's just a nearly impossible thing to test. You would have to do a post-mortem anatomy study, bascially looking at changes in structure size or thickness and then do a cell count and even then you would be hard pressed to say that it was DAA that caused any changes as opposed to a hundred other possibilities. In vitro, I can kill cells using pretty much anything. In vivo, we have a lot of built-in fail safe mechanisms, so just because something happens in a dish, does not mean it happens in the intact animal. I do stress again that I support intelligent and cautious use of DAA as with any supp. I just go crazy when some go a bit extreme on the issue (NOT you!).

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
why avoid test boosters tho?

I never took a test booster (Titanium, BioForge, TestoPro) that caused any anxiety
It all depends on your type of anxiety and what triggers panic attacks if you experience them. Test boosters sometimes will raise BP which could trigger a panic attack in those that are prone to them. If you don't have this issues then great. DAA is a little bit different because it does act at the NMDA receptor and this can directly increase anxiety, but again, it is different form person to person. I get horrible panic attacks, but have never had one from using DAA, but that is just me. If you are curious about DAA, you can either buy a tub or ask for a free sample. Explain your situation to a rep or the company and perhaps they can send you a free sample to try and see how you respond to it.

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
It all depends on your type of anxiety and what triggers panic attacks if you experience them. Test boosters sometimes will raise BP which could trigger a panic attack in those that are prone to them. If you don't have this issues then great. DAA is a little bit different because it does act at the NMDA receptor and this can directly increase anxiety, but again, it is different form person to person. I get horrible panic attacks, but have never had one from using DAA, but that is just me. If you are curious about DAA, you can either buy a tub or ask for a free sample. Explain your situation to a rep or the company and perhaps they can send you a free sample to try and see how you respond to it.
I didnt know test boosters may raise BP, do u know what ingredient may cause that? thanks again

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good advice. Use with respect and cation. But I also have gotten anxiety attacks before. But feel good on daa. Oddly I would get anxiety after weeks of mj use and then quitting. I guess it was a withdrawal of some sort.

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
Good advice. Use with respect and cation. But I also have gotten anxiety attacks before. But feel good on daa. Oddly I would get anxiety after weeks of mj use and then quitting. I guess it was a withdrawal of some sort.
whats mj use?

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Marijuana. I believe it could have possibly skewed estro a little and that could have been the reason for the anxiety. And i am not a smoker but have used in the past. The only reason I brought it up was because I thought it would be relevant to show there are multiple ways to cause anxiety attacks.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
AI Sports sells it too, but I wouldn't say the sides are the same. Outside of the anxiety yes. And the anxiety doesn't affect a lot of people true, but a fair number, and particularly people who follow the more is better and dose higher. It is very effective though, and if you keep doses reasonable (or comically if you smoke cigarettes ) the anxiety isn't likely to be an issue.
That's interesting about the nicotine easy. I'm curious if agmatine does this too.

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
Marijuana. I believe it could have possibly skewed estro a little and that could have been the reason for the anxiety. And i am not a smoker but have used in the past. The only reason I brought it up was because I thought it would be relevant to show there are multiple ways to cause anxiety attacks.
yea man back then i used to be able to smoke my head off and enjoy it now i smoke and people think im smoking crack, all paranoid anxiety attacks i cant smoke at all now **** wack,

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I didnt know test boosters may raise BP, do u know what ingredient may cause that? thanks again
I don't believe there is a direct connection between increased T levels and higher BP, somebody correct me if I am wrong. It's just something you should keep an eye on. Even if it does happen at first, most times your body will acclimate. There seems to be studies that say BP can increase and others that say it improves cardio function.

hugeswole

hugeswole

Awards
yea man back then i used to be able to smoke my head off and enjoy it now i smoke and people think im smoking crack, all paranoid anxiety attacks i cant smoke at all now **** wack,
Me too. I can't sleep either.

dougxxxx

dougxxxx

Awards
Sorry guys to jump in on this. Just from reading some posts there are people who love DAA, then there are concerns about anxiety. I just wanted to post my experience with DAA because after 4 or 5 days I had to stop and it wasn't due to anxiety but due to how I could perform normal tasks. This would happen a few hours after I dosed DAA which was in the morning. I had a feeling in my mind which I can only explain as being Blank! Kinda like when you stare into space with no thoughts. SOUNDS A BIT CRAZY.....For instance, once I was sat at the computer doing some Uni work, this was after taking DAA, and I had to really concentrate hard on what I needed to do. I wanted to type something but it seemed to take a few seconds more for me to register what I wanted to do... It didnt help that the night before I was out getting f....d on MDMA (just kidding). A few more days of this and I stopped.
I was wondering if anybody might of had similar effects in terms of how it made them feel in their mind???

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I am anxiety prone myself and can say no supp I have taken except for Atrophex gave me anxiety.

DAA - didnt know I was taking anything
test boosters - no problem
pre workouts - no problem
Epi - decreased my anxiety significantly.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
This thread is so funny, you get these guys who are into getting bigger and stronger or becoming more alpha male with T boosters complain about anxiety. Honestly sack the hell up. I am pretty sure using DAA in a PCT is prime with its ability to restart you much greater than other T boosters out there.just do 14 days on 14 days off 14 days on and then stop using it for 8-12 weeks.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I wonder if nicotine and agmatine would be a good off cycle Combo after daa use.

festus

festus

Awards
I admit I didn't read every post in this thread, so, I don't know if this has been covered. I did notice a difference on DAA and do believe it works. However, I have a job where I have to be "on my toes" mentally. After about 2 weeks on this, I started having serious memory problems. I mean like forgetting entire conversations I'd had with people. I had to ask myself, "what am I doing(or taking) that's different. Yep, it was the DAA. I stopped it, and I finally returned to normal.
If you think I'm crazy just google aspartame and forgetfulness. Lot's of anecdotal evidence.

standon

Banned
Awards
I admit I didn't read every post in this thread, so, I don't know if this has been covered. I did notice a difference on DAA and do believe it works. However, I have a job where I have to be "on my toes" mentally. After about 2 weeks on this, I started having serious memory problems. I mean like forgetting entire conversations I'd had with people. I had to ask myself, "what am I doing(or taking) that's different. Yep, it was the DAA. I stopped it, and I finally returned to normal.
If you think I'm crazy just google aspartame and forgetfulness. Lot's of anecdotal evidence.
in for answer to this

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
unvme2

unvme2

Awards
Well, I am on DAA for the second time and stacking it with Erase and I am loving it. Feel great all day. Mood is so much better. Taking 3grams first thing in the morning on a empty stomach and have been on it now for about three weeks. Will stop after four and give myself some time off but definitly love being on it. Going thorough a mass phase and rocovery is quicker and getting stronger and libido is up a little and loving the pumps I am getting with it but sure it's a combo of the two products.

Potatobake

Awards
i get anxiety and after starting DAA i noticed no more then i usually would. on my 2nd month of it today. also i've had nearly zero anxiety after ive started taking agmatine.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I believe in not being a wuss and just over coming it. Whats better, bigger pumps, strength, size, recover, libdio, recovery or HTPA and LH from DAA or the fact it might give you some anxiety? Many people agree at 3 grams for 15-30 days you wont suffer any toxic brain sides. So why are people bitching about anxiety? You are working to get muscles while dont you start acting like men?

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
I believe in not being a wuss and just over coming it. Whats better, bigger pumps, strength, size, recover, libdio, recovery or HTPA and LH from DAA or the fact it might give you some anxiety? Many people agree at 3 grams for 15-30 days you wont suffer any toxic brain sides. So why are people bitching about anxiety? You are working to get muscles while dont you start acting like men?
shut your fat ass up, u on your rag the past 2 days or what?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
for all the sides PH/DS gave and so many people who used them and got them whats a simple side like this? I am also def not fat, suns out in SoCal which means Fat Burners and AI season is in full swing!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
for all the sides PH/DS gave and so many people who used them and got them whats a simple side like this? I am also def not fat, suns out in SoCal which means Fat Burners and AI season is in full swing!
You are missing the whole point of the conversation and your posts are somewhat adolescent in this thread.

PH sides are easily manageable and are fully understood. Messing with the brain is a bit different. Who cares if you are "Swole Yo" if you slobber all over yourself because the anxiety was actual damage?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are missing the whole point of the conversation and your posts are somewhat adolescent in this thread.

PH sides are easily manageable and are fully understood. Messing with the brain is a bit different. Who cares if you are "Swole Yo" if you slobber all over yourself because the anxiety was actual damage?
Agreed. I'm not talking about a slight case of the jitters. If you have never experienced a full blown panic attack or have to deal with generalized anxiety issues as I do, then you have no idea what you are talking about. Feels like you are having a heart attack and has put me in the ER once before. It's a little more complicated than just "acting like men."

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Agreed. I'm not talking about a slight case of the jitters. If you have never experienced a full blown panic attack or have to deal with generalized anxiety issues as I do, then you have no idea what you are talking about. Feels like you are having a heart attack and has put me in the ER once before. It's a little more complicated than just "acting like men."
this^^^.... actually wound up in the ER... 1st panic attack = thought I was dying!

Potatobake

Awards
this^^^.... actually wound up in the ER... 1st panic attack = thought I was dying!
so did i. wasn't even aware of what a panic attack was till afterwards so that made it worse that i didn't know wtf was going on.
seriously the worst experience of my life x 10

edit: just to clarify this did not happen while using DAA or anything

tonytoo

Awards
i just wanted to say that i grew up in a similar situation.... and i take adderall. (on and off... now switching off adderall because I want to run an EC stack...) anyways...i just wanted to say about DAA i have been taking probably... 6 - 7.5g's a day for last month. i think after about 3 weeks i started to notice some difference.. and after like week 4 i am starting to notice slightly healthier skin...

i think there may be some actual minor benefit to it. i haven't really been running it long enough and with proper lifting form long enough to really tell yet but i will let you know when get back down to 10% bf if i do it faster than it probably helps some.

however, i haven't experienced ANY negative side effects... other than the occasional "runs" to the bathroom. every now and then it will seem to pass through my digestive track particularly quickly for some reason.

tonytoo

Awards
i don't think i have noticed any mental effects from DAA left or right personally. - then again i have a pretty sharp mind and i take adderall... takes a lot to dull up my memory for the most part. however forgetting common conversations is something i have done all my life. i talk to people 16 hours a day... except for when i'm lifting.

Snapper

Awards
Anxiety

For those who are prone to anxiety, I felt odd and anxious a few hours after having 3 g of DAA. It was bad enough that I will not be taking it again any time soon. I also experienced a mild headache, which I assume was due to the DAA because I rarely get headaches and, if I do, it's usually due to neck pain (which I didn't have).

I took it on an empty stomach. I found the reaction strange given there is DAA in the body and given also there is aspartic acid in whey, which I have every day. However, I can't seem to find how much D aspartic acid (as opposed to the L form) is in whey.

Thanks to the poster who said the issue might be the threshold amount that is safe. Sounds spot on. Even water can be toxic if you have a very large amount in a short time (due to hyponatremia).

I've ordered Tongkat Ali. Now I'm afraid to use that. Anyone with anxiety on Tongkat Ali / Longjack? I'll start with a low dose this time.

From my experience, I'd say that if you're prone to anxiety and you're going to use DAA, definitely start with a low dose, take it cautiously and keep notice of your anxiety levels. Of course, worrying about worrying isn't very helpful, but this is about all you can do, really.

divo006

divo006

Awards
im on PCT and i bought some of Purus Labs D Pol. not my first go around with daa. i was wondering today what has been up with my attitude lately. i wasnt sure if my irritability was from just from going through PCT but now that i read through some responds to side effects im led to believe that the reasoning behind my short temper could be a side effect from the DAA. although its not quite like the aggression and alphaness from being on a real cycle.