HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AST 26 IU/L 0-40
ALT 46 IU/L 0-55

46 just seems close to the top of normal, and yes in my younger days I was a very heavy drinker. But, I haven't drank heavily in 5+ years.
Within the range I wouldn't be too worried. Could be anything, tylenol, etc.. Actually I believe I even read somewhere that ALT levels can be higher during puberty when males see rapid growth. Obviously your not going through puberty, but have you put on alot of muscle lately? Potentially could be it. Adding large quantities of muscle in shorter periods can be taxing on the body.

Actually after typing that I checked out what WebMD says about ALT (i know, I know, web MD blahblah) But they claim "Strenuous exercise, injury to a muscle, or injections into a muscle." can affect the test. I know you are not injecting, but potentially the first two could have done it.

Bottom line, I think your good to go, but remember, I am not a doctor.

EquateBrand

Warning: Dumb Question Incoming

Did you guys fast for 12 hours prior like it said?

I was hoping to get my blood drawn today but I didn't print the requisition form until this morning so I didn't notice the fasting.

Unfortunately I had a protein shake in water and fat free yogurt this morning. Prior to that I hadn't ate in 9 hours.

Will that protein shake/yogurt mess up my levels, or would it be negligable? I know if they were testing for lipids that would be a diff story but I'm wondering if the fast is just a general recommendation or if there is a legit reason behind it regarding this test. I am only getting the hormone panel done today BTW, no other test.

Dumb question I know, I realize I should fast just as it says, but I'm just curious what you guys think/did.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
AST 26 IU/L 0-40
ALT 46 IU/L 0-55

46 just seems close to the top of normal, and yes in my younger days I was a very heavy drinker. But, I haven't drank heavily in 5+ years.
46 is nothing. could be stress or fatigue, etc. I agree with John.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Within the range I wouldn't be too worried. Could be anything, tylenol, etc.. Actually I believe I even read somewhere that ALT levels can be higher during puberty when males see rapid growth. Obviously your not going through puberty, but have you put on alot of muscle lately? Potentially could be it. Adding large quantities of muscle in shorter periods can be taxing on the body.

Actually after typing that I checked out what WebMD says about ALT (i know, I know, web MD blahblah) But they claim "Strenuous exercise, injury to a muscle, or injections into a muscle." can affect the test. I know you are not injecting, but potentially the first two could have done it.

Bottom line, I think your good to go, but remember, I am not a doctor.
46 is nothing. could be stress or fatigue, etc. I agree with John.
Thanks for the advice guys! I don't feel so bad about it now.. And sadly, NO i have not put on a lot of muscle as of late, but that is what THIS cycle is for! I have been in Italy for 2 weeks and then got a nasty cold as soon as I returned so I actually lost a few pounds :( Oh well, Time to get the ball rolling in the morning with this DIESEL!!

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
Did you guys fast for 12 hours prior like it said?

I was hoping to get my blood drawn today but I didn't print the requisition form until this morning so I didn't notice the fasting.

Unfortunately I had a protein shake in water and fat free yogurt this morning. Prior to that I hadn't ate in 9 hours.

Will that protein shake/yogurt mess up my levels, or would it be negligable? I know if they were testing for lipids that would be a diff story but I'm wondering if the fast is just a general recommendation or if there is a legit reason behind it regarding this test. I am only getting the hormone panel done today BTW, no other test.

Dumb question I know, I realize I should fast just as it says, but I'm just curious what you guys think/did.
Better off to get blood drawn while fasting...sheit that you ingested might mess with the lipid numbers, that is why they want you to fast and should fast before gettin blood drawn..

Good luck bro!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Better off to get blood drawn while fasting...sheit that you ingested might mess with the lipid numbers, that is why they want you to fast and should fast before gettin blood drawn..

Good luck bro!
I am not sure if he would have a problem though, since it is only hormonal levels he is getting checked, hopefully someone can chime in on if it would effect hormone readings, but I am quite sure it wouldn't.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Thx guys. Theres like 15 labcorp locations near me.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
My Estradiol and calcium came up high, can anyone chime in? Kinda worried.

Calcium serum: 10.3 8.7-10.2

Estardiol: 45.9 7.6-42.6

I ate 2 eggs, slice of wheat bread, protein shake early in the AM. Pop 2 Oxy-Elite prior to working out at 11am then did the blood test @ 2pm.
You didn't fast so it could mess with the results. Estrogen is high, but not alarming. Did you come off of a cycle recently? You noticing any additional water weight? You could try something mild like 6 bromo or even erase, or formestanzol to help reduce this. jmo

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
If youre going to run epi, i wouldn't use an AI. Epi is a very dry compound in my experience. I would use forma or erase in the place of harsher AI's if you were on an aromatizing compound like test or dbol.. But if youre just running an Epi cycle I wouldn't worry about your E levels too much. The epi should help, but then again the blood work is relatively cheap so you could see how your levels respond to the epi mid cycle

Aussiess

Awards
I have read that fatty foods can raise your alt liver values, after consuming a few items each day for a month.

Im hoping thats what raised my ALT values to 59* , also ran h-drol with supports.

A good liver support product might help, im thinking i need something.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
I have read that fatty foods can raise your alt liver values, after consuming a few items each day for a month.

Im hoping thats what raised my ALT values to 59* , also ran h-drol with supports.

A good liver support product might help, im thinking i need something.
Same scenario...but I don't have a gall bladder and my levels were 149. I started to feel a tightness around my scar that didn't go away,...which sparked my test. Plan to clean up the diet and get test done again in 2 months. Good luck

mando2112

mando2112

Awards
The female panel includes all the following:

Includes: Estradiol, serum; Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH); Luteinizing Hormone (LH); Testosterone, serum; Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.

Lipids are extra, they're really the only other thing you may want to add, as the above covers everything else.
I was wondering if the female hormone test also included these? I am no sure what all of those terms up there mean maybe these are in there just called something else. First post and bumping a 2 week thread sorry bout that.

prolactin
progesterone
shbg
chem 20
kidney, liver values

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if the female hormone test also included these? I am no sure what all of those terms up there mean maybe these are in there just called something else. First post and bumping a 2 week thread sorry bout that.

prolactin
progesterone
shbg
chem 20
kidney, liver values
liver values is the only one i remember being included in the female panel

jtnixit

jtnixit

Banned
Awards
where is the hormone panel for females on this site..i dont see it ?????

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
where is the hormone panel for females on this site..i dont see it ?????
Here ya go: Hormone Panel for Females

Just type "hormone panel for females" in the search and it should take you to it, if not just click on the "all tests" hyper link on the top left of the website and then scroll down since the test are listed alphabetical

GMaccow

Awards
Worked like a charm, everything checked out normal except AST/ALT.

AST (SGOT) 174 HIGH IU/L 0-40
ALT (SPGT) 84 HIGH IU/L 0-55

That looks like something I should get checked out, although I think it was due to some serious muscle soreness at the time

BrockR

BrockR

Awards

prolactin
progesterone
shbg
chem 20
kidney, liver values
To get all those you have to spend a LOT more.

I just recently had my bloods done. I wanted all the above levels included as well. Ended up getting the "anabolic steroid test panel" plus adding the progesterone and prolactin...total came up to about $350 with the coupon -ouch.

My levels looked good...except my freakin testosterone. Something knocked it WAY down (409). And my free test was very low. This is shocking because I've always had high natural T levels. Never done any cycles.

My IGF-1 level was almost maxed out...interestng.

Geckodude

Awards
This is great I was just wondering where I could go to get some blood work done and here it is AWSOME post!

evoateav8

Awards
Thank you! I paid $500 for my blood work through my doctor a year ago. What a rip off!

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Definitely going to try this!

enkephalin

Awards
If I do have insurance, but haven't gotten my physician to refer me, will my insurance still cover it?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I do have insurance, but haven't gotten my physician to refer me, will my insurance still cover it?
As a licensed health insurance agent, the best answer I have for you is:

Maybe.

Depends on your policy/carrier/state/location you have the test done/etc....

Doing the above would be your best bet, and it keeps it off your insurance history. I will be looking into getting my pre-cycle bloodwork done here shortly.

TheKanezzi

Awards
Im looking at doing this and i was wondering if its not an issue that the female panel does not include free test, only serum test. Also, i think i am having cortisol issues, but i know that cortisol varies greatly during the day, is there a test i should add on to the female panel?

Cheers

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im looking at doing this and i was wondering if its not an issue that the female panel does not include free test, only serum test. Also, i think i am having cortisol issues, but i know that cortisol varies greatly during the day, is there a test i should add on to the female panel?

Cheers
Honestly, it is what you are willing to spend. If money isn't an issue, you can go for the full male test.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Ok got my bloods done today. They asked for my insurance card at the Labcorp by my house, was I supposed to tell them I don't have any ? I don't want to get charged again is this normal?

manolox

Awards
They don't have GnRH Test. Where can I get that with no prescription?

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Ok got my bloods done today. They asked for my insurance card at the Labcorp by my house, was I supposed to tell them I don't have any ? I don't want to get charged again is this normal?
I have never been asked for an insurance card any of the times I have been to labcorp. :dunno:

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
I have never been asked for an insurance card any of the times I have been to labcorp. :dunno:
Hmmm thats strange then. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. I was going to tell them i did not have any. Maybe someone else can chime in that knows more about it.

slandow

Awards
Do you choose female test over male due to price difference or are there specific things to look for?

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Do you choose female test over male due to price difference or are there specific things to look for?
Price is much cheaper. I did the female hormone and lipids with discount codes for 90 dollars.

Stagex

Stagex

Awards
hey guys Im just wondering.. now that i see that you dont need a SSN or ID or address,etc...

im from NY/NJ so I cant get it done out here.. but i am traveling to PA soon for a weekend and i see labcorps in PA are open on saturdays... do you think i can get this done in PA ??

has anyone else traveled out of NY/NJ/RI in order to get this done ?

Thanks in advance
-X

samiisbe

Awards
Awesome!! I always get old doctors for check ups that just blow me off when i ask for testosterone check, even after i tell them i used PH's. now i can finally see if that dumbass superdrol wirh no pct messed me up or not. Why is it that regular doctors only care about bp and cholesterol? Maybe a sports doctor would understand more and check other things?

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey guys Im just wondering.. now that i see that you dont need a SSN or ID or address,etc...

im from NY/NJ so I cant get it done out here.. but i am traveling to PA soon for a weekend and i see labcorps in PA are open on saturdays... do you think i can get this done in PA ??

has anyone else traveled out of NY/NJ/RI in order to get this done ?

Thanks in advance
-X
State laws don't follow the person, so you should be good. Unless it is not a law thing (not sure why you cant get it in NY/NJ/RI.

Stagex

Stagex

Awards
State laws don't follow the person, so you should be good. Unless it is not a law thing (not sure why you cant get it in NY/NJ/RI.
thank you.
only thing is... when u go on the website to schedule the bloodwork
even though you can choose the out of state location... it then prompts you to enter your current address/billing address,etc.
which is NJ.... ugh.

but i will keep everyone posted ... i will know if its possible because im shooting for sat march 26

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thank you.
only thing is... when u go on the website to schedule the bloodwork
even though you can choose the out of state location... it then prompts you to enter your current address/billing address,etc.
which is NJ.... ugh.

but i will keep everyone posted ... i will know if its possible because im shooting for sat march 26
Good luck with everything.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What if you have a PCP and health insurance? Is there any way to get your doctor to test your hormones without paying out of the ass for it? Like, should you make up or exaggerate some symptoms so he can tell your insurance that they should pay for the tests?

MMMilk

Awards
im gonna be getting my blood tested as a reference before i start my cycle but i was wondering how important getting my LH levels tested are?

i was planning on just getting the male hormone panel so i could see my free AND total test but it doesnt include LH. on the other hand the female hormone panel includes LH but not free test.

so basically which panel would be better to use as a reference before my cycle?

Stagex

Stagex

Awards
What if you have a PCP and health insurance? Is there any way to get your doctor to test your hormones without paying out of the ass for it? Like, should you make up or exaggerate some symptoms so he can tell your insurance that they should pay for the tests?
this would work. you can simply say your libido is down, your feeling tired, taking alot of naps, no sex drive, no morning wood, etc.
and they will test you... for free/insurance.

BUT.. this is not private, and gets reported to insurance/goes on your medical records.

the other option mentioned in this article.. is completely private. and does not go on your medical records.. and only cost 50 bucks with coupon.
cant go wrong with this option bro... i will be doing it myself this saturday.
you also dont have to wait 2 weeks for a follow up appointment with the doctor... with labcorp it gets emailed to you within 24-48 hrs. no need to visit the doctor again and this is stupid fast.

you can also get your blood work done even once a month if youd like with this option..or as frequently as you have to.

try that with the doctor... lol.

novicebb

Awards
I would also suggest anylabtestnow website and see if there is one near you. I know they are in a few major cities. Prices are reasonable. Only I have ever gotten with them is Cholesterol and Thyroid testing so TSH, T3 and T4. Both were $49 each.

MMMilk

Awards
Just used labcorp this morning to get my baseline levels before i start a cycle. I used the 'female hormone panel' and it worked like charm. I just walked in, handed them the form(they asked for insurance but i told em no), it took them literally 5 minutes to draw the blood(2 viles) and i was done. Should be getting the results in 1-2 days.

Stagex

Stagex

Awards
*** UPDATE 03-30-11 ***

for the NY/NJ/RI guys ... this will work for you!
you can purchase your bloodwork on privatemd anddd use your legit billing address...
but you will have to choose a labcorp out of your state.
even if you have to drive out 45-60 minutes this is totally worth it.
soo cheap.. and such a quick service.

here is what i did:

Friday night - purchased bloodwork on privateMD using my NJ billing address
Friday night- went on labcorp's website and scheduled appointment for next morning

saturday- drove out to PA, went into labcorp.. no id, no insurance, no nothing!
just gave my name, chick drew my blood, and i was out of there in 5 minutes!

sunday- got the results via email in less then 24 hrs! yesss on a sunday!
not even a business day... lol.. this is awesome.

all this for 50 bucks!?? come on..you cant beat this guys... so cheap, so convenient, private, andd quick!
so go get your blood work done...
whether its pre-cycle, during cycle, post cycle.. or just to check on yourself.. do it.

goodluck,
-Stage

MMMilk

Awards
sooo i got bloodwork dont last monday(3/28/11) and was told it would take no longer than 72 hrs to receive my results. Its friday now and they still havent emailed me. Anyone ever have problems with them taking longer than usual to get you your results?