Cheap Bloodwork - How to Get It WITHOUT Insurance

daballer2005

Awards
which ones are you guys choosing to get your lipids?

Stagex

Stagex

Awards
sooo i got bloodwork dont last monday(3/28/11) and was told it would take no longer than 72 hrs to receive my results. Its friday now and they still havent emailed me. Anyone ever have problems with them taking longer than usual to get you your results?
thats very unusual ..there usually super quick.
i got mine done saturday morning, and got the results emailed to me
sunday around noon--- yeap about 24 hrs later.

maybe your labcorp is being lazy...lol
give it another day or two.. if not, call privatemd and have them check on it for you

Stagex

Stagex

Awards
which ones are you guys choosing to get your lipids?
on the left hand side of the privatemd website... click on "test categories"
then click on "female specific test" and the scroll down to
"hormone panel for females" ... thats the one you want, which after coupon comes out to be 50.99

this is what it Includes: Estradiol, serum; Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH); Luteinizing Hormone (LH); Testosterone, serum; Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
sooo i got bloodwork dont last monday(3/28/11) and was told it would take no longer than 72 hrs to receive my results. Its friday now and they still havent emailed me. Anyone ever have problems with them taking longer than usual to get you your results?
Check you're spam box, they're always fast.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
i ended up getting an email friday, i talked to privatemd labs and they said the free testosterone test that i ordered is what took so long.
Oh nice...good to know at least

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I had labcorp do a total/free test today, and was told 1-2 days as well. Does it ALWAYS take 5 days or so if you want FREE test done?

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Question about fasting, I know that a fast is required for a CMP to get accurate blood glucose results, but I don't think that result is important here, so is there any other reason to fast? I'm starving and I have to ride my bicycle 10 miles to get the test so I would strongly prefer to be able to eat.

xGenericx

Awards
How important is free test? I'm thinking of just getting the female panel, and nor adding anything else.

shollinger

Awards
need help finding june discount code for my follow up blood work.

BOSSisback82

BOSSisback82

Awards
quick question...when I am entering my info....if I say I'm a male will that mess anything up on their end since I'm getting a female hormone panel?....sorry if this has already been answered before I skimmed over a few pages and didn't see anything.

shollinger

Awards
Nope, this is my second time going. Never had a problem

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
quick question...when I am entering my info....if I say I'm a male will that mess anything up on their end since I'm getting a female hormone panel?....sorry if this has already been answered before I skimmed over a few pages and didn't see anything.
No issue, the female hormonal panel just tells them what to test for, it is no different on a male. They will still ref range you correctly.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I work in a lab... I just do it myself :D

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Lucky man, I would test so often if it was free.
Until my arms turn purple from needlesticks lol. Been there, not tryin to go back. One every week/two weeks is fine if your on lots of supps or prepping for a competition. You dont see drastic changes daily unless youre in ICU.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Until my arms turn purple from needlesticks lol. Been there, not tryin to go back. One every week/two weeks is fine if your on lots of supps or prepping for a competition. You dont see drastic changes daily unless youre in ICU.
Ha, to me weekly testing is often, that is what I meant. :) Would be great for on cycle, especially for advanced estrogen control.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is really good info. Just ordered my panel minutes ago. Coupon XB49W8 works for 15% and has been an active coupon for 2 years..

Thank goodness! I'm prepping my body for a long and heavy cycle soon and really need more than just a "seat of the pants" feel for my hormone levels..

Macc

Awards
Does anyone know if PrivateMD labs accepts out-of-country (Canadian) Visa or Mastercard?

Ace5high

Ace5high

Awards
This is really great! Question though, in my email it states that is someone is using Testosterone Cream that it shouldnt be used for 24 hour prior.

For those who are testing on cycle do you continue business as usual right before testing?

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
I am ok with getting the female > the male version since it is cheaper. I am ok with only getting total testosterone and not free. I am happy that the female version has LH and FSH.

BUT, i have heard that the estradiol, sensative (in the male panel) is better than the estradiol, serum (in the female panel).

do you guys feel that estradiol, serum is legit?

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know if PrivateMD labs accepts out-of-country (Canadian) Visa or Mastercard?
I have heard of Canadians using it. i dont remember the exact forum that I read it, but they had to call the customer service and they fudged his address or something

dollerbill

dollerbill

Awards
Just tried this the other day, worked great. Payed and printed the paperwork, walked in with no appointment and had my blood drawn within 5 minutes. By the time I woke up the next day I already had the results emailed to me.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's pretty much how it went for me as well.

And really, I feel like if I know my total test, LH and FSH production, and total estradiol..I can figure out whether or not if my free test is well and I can also figure out which part of my HPTA is broken (if any)...

However, I'd love to get a cholesterol count attached to this female test. That'd be awesome! I'd have everything I truly care about monitoring then..

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Yup.. lipids are expensive. There is an option to have them done also i believe buts its pricey.. but if youre really concerned about them I guess its the best choice.

TheDiesel85

TheDiesel85

Awards
if i want to test to see if the hgh i have is legit what do i test? i have been told to test for igf-1 because hgh raises your igf-1 levels but then i was looking around on the blood work website and found an option for human growth hormone and its $10 cheaper then the igf-1 test.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if i want to test to see if the hgh i have is legit what do i test? i have been told to test for igf-1 because hgh raises your igf-1 levels but then i was looking around on the blood work website and found an option for human growth hormone and its $10 cheaper then the igf-1 test.
sounds like u answered ur own question lol

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Not sure about HGH. Its "growth hormone" endogenously and I always remember hearing in sports that it cant be tested for.. thats why so many atheletes use it.

ap0352

ap0352

Awards
Just received my results today. Had test done yesterday. I'm a 30 year old, 160lb. male who is moderately active and work out 3-4 days a week. I work shift work and have terrible sleeping habits which may have something to do with the low t readings. My dad was also diagnosed with low t when he was in his early 40's...
Anyway, my concerns are the following:
BUN/Creatinine Ratio 20
Estradiol 5.8
Testosterone, Serum 137

Would anyone care to explain these numbers to me and what I should do next?
I'd appreciate it!

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Ur test seems extremely low. What are he ranges.they use

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Just received my results today. Had test done yesterday. I'm a 30 year old, 160lb. male who is moderately active and work out 3-4 days a week. I work shift work and have terrible sleeping habits which may have something to do with the low t readings. My dad was also diagnosed with low t when he was in his early 40's...
Anyway, my concerns are the following:
BUN/Creatinine Ratio 20
Estradiol 5.8
Testosterone, Serum 137

Would anyone care to explain these numbers to me and what I should do next?
I'd appreciate it!
either serum or total test.. i cant remember... should be in the 600-800 mg/dL range

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
lol.. ng/dL. milligrams would be huge

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Thanks!

Seriously awesome link and info man. $50 for full bloodwork...no one has an excuse not to use this!

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
They are changing their Testosterone range to 300-1,100.

I got my results back in 20 hours!

Rowan212

Awards
Everytime i hit up the website privatemd - it never loads, just thinks and thinks until it times out.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Everytime i hit up the website privatemd - it never loads, just thinks and thinks until it times out.
im having no problem. maybe they were just updating the site

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
what is the significance of bun?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
what is the significance of bun?
bun is blood urea nitrogen it is a measure of your kidney function since they are responsible for removing the urea from your body. Excess urea is not a good thing since it is a waste product form protein metabolism.

newbie96

newbie96

Awards
I just went to it and it loaded no problem....maybe you can try opening it with another browser?

ryanricee

Awards
Okay so what would be suggested to add to the female hormone test if you are trying to cover anything that a PH would effect? I have never ran a cycle, however I plan to run hdrol for the first time in mid January, so I want to get the full screening pre and post cycle. Suggestions =)

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just around the corner there is going to be a pretty damn cool smart phone app called the ANDROstat, that will be able to get within 20-60 ng/dl within your testosterone levels. Went through several studies regarding obesity effects on testosterone and age declination on testosterone and the combination of both variables, plus several others and created a questionnaire and imagery program to determine your baseline values.

We did extensive blood work with volunteers and had all their bloods documented and then had the same volunteers go through the ANDROstat program. Some people were within 2-3 ng/dl , while others were within 30-60 ng/dl........that is pretty damn cool to be able to get a fairly accurate ballpark range figure without having to get pints of blood taken from you and play and pay the waiting game for results.

kadox

Awards
hmm since many of you are reporting that no id is required, can I use my initials instead of my full name ?

or my nickname lol

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just around the corner there is going to be a pretty damn cool smart phone app called the ANDROstat, that will be able to get within 20-60 ng/dl within your testosterone levels. Went through several studies regarding obesity effects on testosterone and age declination on testosterone and the combination of both variables, plus several others and created a questionnaire and imagery program to determine your baseline values.

We did extensive blood work with volunteers and had all their bloods documented and then had the same volunteers go through the ANDROstat program. Some people were within 2-3 ng/dl , while others were within 30-60 ng/dl........that is pretty damn cool to be able to get a fairly accurate ballpark range figure without having to get pints of blood taken from you and play and pay the waiting game for results.
I can't wait for this!

hmm since many of you are reporting that no id is required, can I use my initials instead of my full name ?

or my nickname lol
I am sure you could get away with a fake name, but I really don't see the point, they are private as hell.

dollerbill

dollerbill

Awards

More info on this? Or release date?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thats neat and all but its not like privatemdlabs is much of an inconvenience, especially for dead-on acuracy. In addition, u get more than just total test with this method, u also get total blood counts including reds and whits as well as ur liver values. And lets not forget that ur test levels also include the LH and FSH activity which allows u to understand what exactly is or is not working properly.

I've done the test 3 times. It costs me exactly $50 and is very quick. 2 out of 3 times I have gotten the results back in a 24hr window and all three times it was about a 10 minute process from start to finish getting the bloods done.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats neat and all but its not like privatemdlabs is much of an inconvenience, especially for dead-on acuracy. In addition, u get more than just total test with this method, u also get total blood counts including reds and whits as well as ur liver values. And lets not forget that ur test levels also include the LH and FSH activity which allows u to understand what exactly is or is not working properly.

I've done the test 3 times. It costs me exactly $50 and is very quick. 2 out of 3 times I have gotten the results back in a 24hr window and all three times it was about a 10 minute process from start to finish getting the bloods done.

I completely agree.....this will simply be a nice on the spot application for people to get a fairly accurate number on the spot. Free to everyone and convenient.

I agree 50 bucks for a thorough examination on lh fsh, estro, FT TT etc etc...... are worth the 50 spot.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I'd pay $50. In japan it's not even offered.

When I go home on my vacation gonna use this little trick :)

kadox

Awards
If you are over the limit, does it still get an an exact ng/dl result or just > like this guy's result ?

i40.tinypic. com/cumi9.jpg (removed the space before com)

As this won't be helpful much

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
If you are over the limit, does it still get an an exact ng/dl result or just > like this guy's result ?

i40.tinypic. com/cumi9.jpg (removed the space before com)

As this won't be helpful much
They do the test based on a standard curve so if you are way over the max point any value they get will be unreliable and all they can really say is you are over the max pt.. hence > 1500 in this case