AM is turning into BB.com

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
its the truth, and the vets here need to realize this.

dumber and dumber and dumber ppl are posting here day in and day out in the steroid section (and in other sections im sure).

im sorry to say, but i almost want to avoid this board because i mainly hang around the steroid section and its just getting out of control with idiots....i dont mean noobs....i mean idiots.

sigh...

/rant

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its the truth, and the vets here need to realize this.

dumber and dumber and dumber ppl are posting here day in and day out in the steroid section (and in other sections im sure).

im sorry to say, but i almost want to avoid this board because i mainly hang around the steroid section and its just getting out of control with idiots....i dont mean noobs....i mean idiots.

sigh...

/rant
I agree that the steroid section needs some help, but this place is certainly a FAR CRY from bb.com in any regard. There are morons on every board; in every section; of every day. Most people gain a good understanding of the knowledgeable vets on any board if they stick around long enough. Regardless of the board, bad advice is thrown around all the time. A wise man once told me to believe none of what you hear; half of what you read; and all of what you see.

I'd personal love to post more in the steroid section as I have a lot of advice/experience to offer, but I just don't have the time right now to post as much as I would like to. I plan to do a nicely detailed 12 week bulk cycle log here starting in a few weeks.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
nos

realize that you're one of the 2-3 most knowledgeable people on this board with regards to steroids. if you stopped posting, the blind really would be leading the blind. IMO its easy to get frustrated with people when you're on top of the food chain - as the steroid section and your knowledge, kind of place you there....

-andreas

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Have faith my fellow members!

I saw the same sort of threads like this made in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 . . .

Oh wait none of you were here then ;)

Don't worry AMs will survive and if you stick around long enough you will see guys who join in 2013 post the same thread in 2016 :)

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
It isn't just the steroid section bro. I am finding myself in e-fights (yes, i know sad) with more people now. I have been on this board for 6 years and have had maybe one e-fight. I have had 10 in the past 3 months with people who joined after August of 09'.

When the steroid section closed at bb, many migrated here. I have seen more signups in the past 4 months than all of 08 i believe (im sure that is exaggerated) but still you get my drift. When you have that much of a fluctuation then you are going to attract more idiots but some intelligent people also, just more idiots, haha.

My thing is that it is not even people with a lack of knowledge, it is people that want to just get into pissing matches for no possible reason with you. I can take noobs or "true" dummies but not people who are acting like jackass know it alls and are actually dummies. Like the guy that kept sending me that PM talking about "you the fedz mange". He just joined but I see his name is not active anymore now...shyt like that is what is getting to me. Before bb closed their steroid section, things like that happened once a year.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Don't worry AMs will survive and if you stick around long enough you will see guys who join in 2013 post the same thread in 2016 :)
Damn old-timer! I was here in 2006 ;)

You're absolutely right though, Mike.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

Yes, I have seen these threads before, but I haven't seen 3 or 4 in a couple of months though. Let's face it, when bb.com tossed their addicts out by closing the steroid section, the addicts came to the next best place. It's hard to cater to a feen head without trouble.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It isn't just the steroid section bro. I am finding myself in e-fights (yes, i know sad) with more people now. I have been on this board for 6 years and have had maybe one e-fight. I have had 10 in the past 3 months with people who joined after August of 09'.

When the steroid section closed at bb, many migrated here. I have seen more signups in the past 4 months than all of 08 i believe (im sure that is exaggerated) but still you get my drift. When you have that much of a fluctuation then you are going to attract more idiots but some intelligent people also, just more idiots, haha.

My thing is that it is not even people with a lack of knowledge, it is people that want to just get into pissing matches for no possible reason with you. I can take noobs or "true" dummies but not people who are acting like jackass know it alls and are actually dummies. Like the guy that kept sending me that PM talking about "you the fedz mange". He just joined but I see his name is not active anymore now...shyt like that is what is getting to me. Before bb closed their steroid section, things like that happened once a year.
Maybe we'll get some new additional moderators to help flush the trolls out. You're right though, there has been more of this type of incidence lately, but I honestly believe it to be transient (as it has been in the past), and this too shall pass.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I wish B would check but I think the last 4 months have been our biggest increase in members within the past 3 years.

I mean, the increase in members is great. I just couldn't imagine this place with 1.3 million members though...wow, it would be a mad house...think bourbon street on jack3d!!!!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I must be out of the loop I didn't realize bb.com closed that section.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
nos

realize that you're one of the 2-3 most knowledgeable people on this board with regards to steroids. if you stopped posting, the blind really would be leading the blind. IMO its easy to get frustrated with people when you're on top of the food chain - as the steroid section and your knowledge, kind of place you there....

-andreas
thanks man i appreciate that. i have no issues with helping someone set up a cycle or what-not....but if someone comes on here with a thread "buddy just gave me deca drol and tren, how can i stack it"...it gets my blood boiling.

i guess i just expect more out of ppl. i expect a certain level of research to be done before posting threads, but that rarely happens.

like ive said in another thread. im here to help and share my knowledge from both personal experience and research , but i will completely ignore ridiculous threads....i dont have time to be a kindergarten teacher.

and im glad some of u have seen what ive been seeing lately. bb.com's closing of their steriod section about 3-4 months back has definitely affective this great board.

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
I was here back then but I don't remember you. Then again, you don't remember me either. LOL

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish B would check but I think the last 4 months have been our biggest increase in members within the past 3 years.

I mean, the increase in members is great. I just couldn't imagine this place with 1.3 million members though...wow, it would be a mad house...think bourbon street on jack3d!!!!
Actually its increased at pretty much the same rate for the last 5 years. A nice progressive scale...Similar to overall visits.

The difference between our member count and bb.com's member count is I don't include people who bought from a store as a member. On bb.com, if you purchase something and never even look at the forum, its still counted as a member, therefore our numbers will always be lower. When you sell millions of products to millions of people, well you get the idea. If you want, I could easily change it to 100 million if I wanted to make it look good....its a pretty easy thing to do :)

We get these threads every year and basically starts around January until around May.

If posts "make your blood boil" then you should probably relax, have a drink and not care as much. You can't legislate against stupidity...you will never win.

I'll make you a deal, when we get as big as bb.com and sell a controlling share to Liberty Media for 100 million, I'll get rid of every ad, the steroid section and anyone who asks a question about PH's.... :lol:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW - The amount of people that actually came from bb.com when they closed that section is extremely small. I can track it and its not significant at all.....actually, the two member bases overall don't cross boards much. The internet is a big place....we get it from everywhere.

Out of 25-30k people per day, its about 500.

The amount of posts about the subject has much more to do with the ban than anything.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Survive?

:D

Attachments

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
BTW - The amount of people that actually came from bb.com when they closed that section is extremely small. I can track it and its not significant at all.....actually, the two member bases overall don't cross boards much. The internet is a big place....we get it from everywhere.

Out of 25-30k people per day, its about 500.

The amount of posts about the subject has much more to do with the ban than anything.
Interesting piece there...
I would have figured at least 2,000...

Well, as they say, it only takes a few bad apples or is that one bad apple? :dunno:

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
I hope AM is not turing into BB.com and it better not

I've also noticed the increased of people that just buy, ingest, then ask questions later...it really is sad no one puts effort into doing research or has no regard to their general health.

Thinker

Awards
I agree that the steroid section needs some help, but this place is certainly a FAR CRY from bb.com in any regard. There are morons on every board; in every section; of every day. Most people gain a good understanding of the knowledgeable vets on any board if they stick around long enough.
With regards to the 'help' how about a section that is limited. For instance to gain access you might need:

a. X amount of reputation.
b. Over 50 posts in the anabolic section.
c. To be recommened by other members.

There are a heap more options. I'm suggesting this as someone who has programmed computers. I imagine that your forum code is modifiable. At the very least this will mean that 'stupid' posts are limited to the 'stupid post' section and more intelligent posts are in the 'intelligent post' section. If you go to the stupid section at least you know what you are going to get.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
At the very least this will mean that 'stupid' posts are limited to the 'stupid post' section and more intelligent posts are in the 'intelligent post' section. If you go to the stupid section at least you know what you are going to get.
i can't wait to see the marking "you lack the reputation to view the following post"

Thinker

Awards
i can't wait to see the marking "you lack the reputation to view the following post"
Just to clarify (because i didn't in my initial post) any one can read the advanced section, but who can contribute is controlled.

dpfisher

Most people get the knowledge they need from the steroid section and leave. Maybe you and I are "drug nerds" with a genuine interest and know how to run cycles we'd never do but how many people do you meet in life like that? I mean the average person doesn't even know how to make crack, they think anyone who knows how must want to do it even though it's super easy. Some of my well educated friends who actually do use drugs say things that are completely wrong all the time, like confusing DMT as a benzo. It's like I know this and don't use drugs, you are actually putting these things in your body and you DON'T??? Basically people are dumb, drugs are illegal because some people really do need to be protected from themselves (I say let em OD, but whatever)

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
how long does someone have to be around to be a "vet"?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's a length of time........more so a demonstration of knowledge to be a "vet" (at least in my mind). I don't care if you have been here 6 weeks or 6 years......if you don't know your $hit then it doesn't make a difference to me how long you've been here.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
hmmmm well when I saw you email and the name I knew RIGHT away who it was. :shhh:

You were one of 300 + requests and I only recognized about 10 board names so I would say you have vet status for sure :)

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established

hmmmm well when I saw you email and the name I knew RIGHT away who it was. :shhh:

You were one of 300 + requests and I only recognized about 10 board names so I would say you have vet status for sure :)
one more thing to put on my resume...ho-ah

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speaking of vet's... anyone know whatever happened to Chemo? After he sold/gave the board to bobo, he was around for awhile because he started a new pheromone line... any idea if that is still going?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAdams = Legendary. :D
I have been meaning to talk to you about that.. I really think your LEGENDARY status should be above your PP status in your siggy.... Just sayin.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
*I didn't read every post in this thread*

I have noticed an increase in a$$wipes, as well. I guess it is just statistics... the higher % increase in active members, the higher % increase in douchebags.

I find myself reading a thread and watching it turn into something beyond stupid and just shaking my head and moving on. "You can't fix stupid."

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been meaning to talk to you about that.. I really think your LEGENDARY status should be above your PP status in your siggy.... Just sayin.
You're a good man Charlie Brown; gentleman and a scholar. :D

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
The only way to up hold integrity is to not sink to the same level. A LOT of people have been posting in the wrong sections lately, and a lot of people seem to just wanna start a arguement. The best thing to do is just act like they don't exist. If they post a "dumb" comment let your knowledge do the fighting. Once they realize they don't know what they are talking about the intimidation won't allow them to post again. If they insult you, swallow the pride and let it go. If they are looking for a reaction and don't get it they will eventually get bored and go away. If the vets set the example time after time and "hold the line" the trolls will go away eventually.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
The only way to up hold integrity is to not sink to the same level. A LOT of people have been posting in the wrong sections lately, and a lot of people seem to just wanna start a arguement. The best thing to do is just act like they don't exist. If they post a "dumb" comment let your knowledge do the fighting. Once they realize they don't know what they are talking about the intimidation won't allow them to post again. If they insult you, swallow the pride and let it go. If they are looking for a reaction and don't get it they will eventually get bored and go away. If the vets set the example time after time and "hold the line" the trolls will go away eventually.
I agree. But, a lot of the time it's not vets vs trolls, it's trolls vs trolls who clutter up legit threads.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's one dynamic about this board that sets it apart from the rest. The vets (for the most part) don't feed into it, so the trolls eventually move on. There are a few boards around the net that are the equivalent of a dysfunctional kindergarden class. It's truly sad...

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I agree. But, a lot of the time it's not vets vs trolls, it's trolls vs trolls who clutter up legit threads.
Yea..but I guess that's where the mods come in? If the members do what they can to uphold the integrity the mods can fish out the trolls clogging the threads. They can delete useless posts and ban members who seem to have one agenda. I guess you can't do it all, someone can always get another screen name but if everyone pitches in atleast it's controlled chaos.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but the mods are pretty good about cleaning it up in general. On a board of this size and member base, it's impossible to eliminate those type of instances completely. When you compare Anabolic Minds to some of the other boards around the internet in that regard, this place is leaps and bounds above the rest.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
When you compare Anabolic Minds to some of the other boards around the internet in that regard, this place is leaps and bounds above the rest.

I agree. I enjoy this place because of the higher maturity level in discourse vs other boards that are filled with "you mad, brah?". I just hope it stays that way... that's my only concern.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree. I enjoy this place because of the higher maturity level in discourse vs other boards that are filled with "you mad, brah?". I just hope it stays that way... that's my only concern.
u mad?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
:booty:

You presented a much better example, as I used correct spelling and punctuation... you can't even get that out of most people these days. A lot of it has turned into "text speak".