AM is turning into BB.com

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:booty:

You presented a much better example, as I used correct spelling and punctuation... you can't even get that out of most people these days. A lot of it has turned into "text speak".
lol, i cantz knowz whatz youz beez talkingz aboutz.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
After wandering into this thread i decided to venture into the anabolics forum which i rarely do.

There is a scary amount of ignorance on that forum. When individuals who know less then me about cycles(and what i know is not from experience or from specialized research rather from classes associated with my major so i know only the basics) and i consider myself extremely ignorant, then it is no wonder u have so many horror stories .

And sadly banning prohormones or steroids only worsens the problem b/c its not like ppl are going to stop... and lets face it you really have to know where to look to learn how to run a cycle properly. It's not like everyone is lucky to know an M.D. or D.O. that will help them run cycles safely especially if its not art of a legit trt(since im pretty sure its hell-a-illegal prescribe androgens for recreation) People know this stuff can harm you/kill you...its like cigarrettes and alcohol, EVERYONE knows they are bad for you but ppl still smoke like chimneys and drink like fish. The only difference is that when educated properly the risks of cycling gear can greatly be reduced...but never eliminated(or until technology develops more)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know it can be hard to share your expertise when it feels like the OP is being ignorant; I know personally IRL I hate explaining things to people that can't be bothered to listen. However, there must be tons of lurkers out there reading the posts and gaining knowledge. Even though the person posting might not seem to get it, I guarantee you someone out there learned something. And even though you might not see immediate tangible benefits, you helped someone run a safer cycle and protect their health. In my eyes, that makes it worth it.

Like Trauma, I haven't had as much time to spend in the steroid section and I'll admit I've been converting a lot of my herbal knowledge to practical medical knowledge, but I still get PMs and help where I can. I know sometimes it can be hard to share your wisdom without receiving thanks, so on behalf of all those who have gained from your knowledge without acknowledging you, thank you. Continue to share, teach and lead; you can't educate everybody but you are making a difference.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I agree. But, a lot of the time it's not vets vs trolls, it's trolls vs trolls who clutter up legit threads.
well then it's our responsability to clean up that sh**, as members of this board. just like the guys who were here when i got here......neoborn, tripdog, renegade rows....i'm missing a whole bunch of guys. but you know what i'm saying...

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I know it can be hard to share your expertise when it feels like the OP is being ignorant; I know personally IRL I hate explaining things to people that can't be bothered to listen. However, there must be tons of lurkers out there reading the posts and gaining knowledge. Even though the person posting might not seem to get it, I guarantee you someone out there learned something. And even though you might not see immediate tangible benefits, you helped someone run a safer cycle and protect their health. In my eyes, that makes it worth it.

Like Trauma, I haven't had as much time to spend in the steroid section and I'll admit I've been converting a lot of my herbal knowledge to practical medical knowledge, but I still get PMs and help where I can. I know sometimes it can be hard to share your wisdom without receiving thanks, so on behalf of all those who have gained from your knowledge without acknowledging you, thank you. Continue to share, teach and lead; you can't educate everybody but you are making a difference.
:Thinkingof_:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yes. I find it harder these days to not lose patience. It's hard to find a thread that is not so redundant and elementary as to be completely avoided by the higher intellects.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Yes. I find it harder these days to not lose patience. It's hard to find a thread that is not so redundant and elementary as to be completely be avoided by the higher intellects.
YOU!!!! you be quiet, you know nothing anyway. i see you in the gym doing chest and arms all day, and standing by the squat rack not even lifting.

j/k wanted to have some fun

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn old-timer! I was here in 2006 ;)

You're absolutely right though, Mike.
2004 For yours truly..... :439:

I did it right though and didn't post until I had actually done research and reading on my questions. Most things are already answered and only need a search not a new thread asking the same thing.

This is not BB.com though....I will say that.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2004 For yours truly..... :439:

I did it right though and didn't post until I had actually done research and reading on my questions. Most things are already answered and only need a search not a new thread asking the same thing.

This is not BB.com though....I will say that.
I lurked long before I actually joined this board. The actual join date is honestly irrelevant anyway. It's what you put into contributing to the board/community that counts in my mind.

There is a demonstrative respect and maturity level evident here on AM that isn't observed on many other boards. That's what sets it apart, imo.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lurked long before I actually joined this board. The actual join date is honestly irrelevant anyway. It's what you put into contributing to the board/community that counts in my mind.

There is a demonstrative respect and maturity level evident here on AM that isn't observed on many other boards. That's what sets it apart, imo.
Had to one up me eh :)

Agreed. I can't stand being over there at BB.com. Makes my head hurt :trout:
Trying to contribute here more and more. Just been busy.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had to one up me eh :)

Agreed. I can't stand being over there at BB.com. Makes my head hurt :trout:
Trying to contribute here more and more. Just been busy.
Nah, that's not my style. I was indirectly agreeing with you. I think it's good to lurk around and gain a good general understand of what the board is about and increase your overall knowledge-base on the subject matter.

I know you are, bro. I've been slammed as well. There just aren't enough hours in the day lately it seems. It's good to have you over here. :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks man i appreciate that. i have no issues with helping someone set up a cycle or what-not....but if someone comes on here with a thread "buddy just gave me deca drol and tren, how can i stack it"...it gets my blood boiling.

i guess i just expect more out of ppl. i expect a certain level of research to be done before posting threads, but that rarely happens.

like ive said in another thread. im here to help and share my knowledge from both personal experience and research , but i will completely ignore ridiculous threads....i dont have time to be a kindergarten teacher.

and im glad some of u have seen what ive been seeing lately. bb.com's closing of their steriod section about 3-4 months back has definitely affective this great board.
Here's a little humilty check - do you really believe, however well informed you (me or anyone else) may or may not be, steroid discussion (or anything for that matter) is THAT important that you will make yourself and others so disgruntled over it?

Try to lighten up and not take it, and yourself, so damned seriously. You'll live longer and be nicer to be around :D

Once I got over myself and what I know and others don't it has been a much greater pleasure to be here - regardless of the igniorance I share bandwidth with...with...with... ;)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but the mods are pretty good about cleaning it up in general. On a board of this size and member base, it's impossible to eliminate those type of instances completely. When you compare Anabolic Minds to some of the other boards around the internet in that regard, this place is leaps and bounds above the rest.
Amen brother.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well said, Mr Dunn. I take this place so lightly, I sometimes forget I'm a MOD.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Here's a little humilty check - do you really believe, however well informed you (me or anyone else) may or may not be, steroid discussion (or anything for that matter) is THAT important that you will make yourself and others so disgruntled over it?

Try to lighten up and not take it, and yourself, so damned seriously. You'll live longer and be nicer to be around :D

Once I got over myself and what I know and others don't it has been a much greater pleasure to be here - regardless of the igniorance I share bandwidth with...with...with... ;)
I guess when you put it that way...
At the end of the day we all have immediate responsibilities that outweigh, greatly, the message board that is.

When that X is clicked, bills still come, wives still talk about yada yada and kids still need so what happens on the net is really no big deal I suppose...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I guess when you put it that way...
At the end of the day we all have immediate responsibilities that outweigh, greatly, the message board that is.

When that X is clicked, bills still come, wives still talk about yada yada and kids still need so what happens on the net is really no big deal I suppose...
This is unless your main source of income is jeopardized by actions on these boards which some are in that boat, then I see the point of stressing.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is unless your main source of income is jeopardized by actions on these boards which some are in that boat, then I see the point of stressing.
I understand. That even more suggests that one should conduct themself a lot more professionally than engaging in unflattering e-fights and creating theads titled "AM is turning into BB.com"...not very conducive to a sound business plan IMHO.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established

i really could care less and i really dont stress about it that much. i just had to say something to get it off my chest. yes, maybe i do spend a lot more time on here then others, but its what i do and what im interested in.

we all get or have gotten stressed out over SOMETHING to do with the internet at some point. is it stupid? yes, because its only the internet, but the internet IS people's lives these days which is somewhat sad.

like i stated, ive wisened (that even a word?) up the past couple of months and dont stress over threads or argue with ppl anymore, ppl are going to run the retarded cycle they have planned or start steroids too young or whatever....i used to think it was MY responsibility to enlighten these individuals and prevent them from possibly doing something harmful....but i just dont care anymore because ppl are going to do what they want in the end.

so am i disgruntled? no. but i like knowing the fact that ive actually helped someone in an important and healthy decision regarding anabolics.

mildot

Awards
I understand some of the frustration. When I PM'd board or manuf reps (on AM) asking for info on the studies cited or details about online or real world ads no one here negs me or asks a mod to ban me. I have lurked here since late 2008. Joined after I decided to learn more thru PM and wanting ability to read more than a few posts without seeing a request to register... Some people that post here and many at other site act like trolls because IRL they have nothing and never really use the gym. Stupid IRL = stupid troll online. IMHO. Maybe creating an AM misc forum for trolls would help release them away from the useful threads? I dislike reading a thread about a cycle or product only to have someone make a request for information that is covered exactly in another appropriate forum in countless numbers with the exact same title. Argh. :trout:

mildot

Awards
anabolicminds. com /forum/general-chat/145397-butthurt-report-form.html
Then maybe lock this thread before more whining occurs? I am familiar with the report. I had it printed on a wall when I was overseas. An officer took it down saying someone was offended. W/E.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have faith my fellow members!

I saw the same sort of threads like this made in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 . . .

Oh wait none of you were here then ;)

Don't worry AMs will survive and if you stick around long enough you will see guys who join in 2013 post the same thread in 2016 :)
HEY!!!!!!!!!!! NOT none of us LOL some have been here for a LOOONG time. and i've seen these same types o f threads also I just roll with it. I think what was brought up earlier is true in respect to the fact most vets on here will just bypass dumb posts and not feed them we chime in when we think we can help and stay quiet when we know it won't do any use like a troll thread

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well said, Mr Dunn. I take this place so lightly, I sometimes forget I'm a MOD.
I take the negative dialog and dicourse a whole lot lighter than I used to - almost rolls off me now. I don't need the stress from reasoning with unreasonable annonymous strangers.

I sure do miss the "ban-for-bucks" moderator incentive program that we used to have :D

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's one dynamic about this board that sets it apart from the rest. The vets (for the most part) don't feed into it, so the trolls eventually move on. There are a few boards around the net that are the equivalent of a dysfunctional kindergarden class. It's truly sad...
I can relate to the BB.com comment but I agree that the vets are what still sets this board apart. Sure it was the good ol' days when you had to create an account even just to lurk and you got hit with 'got search' if you asked something blatantly obvious.

...and a big part of the 'dilution' of quality info is not directly related to AM. It has to do with human nature (the 'can't fix stupid' comment is perfect) and the nature of the industry itself. Supps are the least important factor in training yet they make the biz profitable - do the math...

AM is still a good site. Us old timers just have to occasionally stop, take a deep breath, and accept the price of progress.

Last edited:
CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
this place is sooooo much better than bb.com. The site is just full of clueless idiots talking about the best protein or best creatine and 12 year olds running ph's. This group is much cooler and laid back.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this place is sooooo much better than bb.com. The site is just full of clueless idiots talking about the best protein or best creatine and 12 year olds running ph's. This group is much cooler and laid back.
Oh that's easy. Instantized Creatine Monohydrate (The only one proven)... and the protein is subjective to your goals... but I did it for the lulz anyway! :D

purebred

nos

realize that you're one of the 2-3 most knowledgeable people on this board with regards to steroids. if you stopped posting, the blind really would be leading the blind. IMO its easy to get frustrated with people when you're on top of the food chain - as the steroid section and your knowledge, kind of place you there....

-andreas
great points made. +1

BB.com is actually run by teenagers who "talk like diz" and are a bunch of "seamen" saying "hai" to each other creating threads discussing how they gave it to their girlfriends in the butt the other day and the girl started leaking on them and....idk...

they all belong on a tool belt if you ask me. :)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I take the negative dialog and dicourse a whole lot lighter than I used to - almost rolls off me now. I don't need the stress from reasoning with unreasonable annonymous strangers.

I sure do miss the "ban-for-bucks" moderator incentive program that we used to have :D
That was way before Wyatt Earp wasnt it?

Memory is shot. I will remember that mean SOB whenever I see him, whoever he was. lulz.