Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes I was working HARD !!

You are correct, all I could find was Girl on Girl or Solo, I never noticed that before ???

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
After seeing The Solution scold another member for all his high rep work I realized I had also fallen into that habit, so today 5 set, started at 20 reps ended with 5. I'm feeling pretty good !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
View attachment 174578

How about Today's Crush hairygrandpa is she any better ??
Nah, Sorry. Too masculine for my taste. At some point they start to look like trans, that is when I lose interest.

I'm more into techno-tits, small frame, firm butt, like:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nah, Sorry. Too masculine for my taste. At some point they start to look like trans, that is when I lose interest.

I'm more into techno-tits, small frame, firm butt, like:

Nothing wrong with her, that's for sure!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
y21.jpg

For hairygrandpa

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes I was working HARD !!

You are correct, all I could find was Girl on Girl or Solo, I never noticed that before ???
Oh I have... still though she is probably the hottest of the female bodybuilders.
After seeing The Solution scold another member for all his high rep work I realized I had also fallen into that habit, so today 5 set, started at 20 reps ended with 5. I'm feeling pretty good !!
Well more to the point he was scolding him for not using multiple rep ranges to hit more fiber types during training. You can and should use high rep sets as part of your program, just make sure to hit other fibers with different rep ranges, and or set styles...

I bet that did feel good. I have been doing more starting higher rep then moving to the lower as my shoulders allow... So sometimes I get down into the 6-10 range sometimes my shoulders are having none of that heavier weight.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh I have... still though she is probably the hottest of the female bodybuilders.

Well more to the point he was scolding him for not using multiple rep ranges to hit more fiber types during training. You can and should use high rep sets as part of your program, just make sure to hit other fibers with different rep ranges, and or set styles...

I bet that did feel good. I have been doing more starting higher rep then moving to the lower as my shoulders allow... So sometimes I get down into the 6-10 range sometimes my shoulders are having none of that heavier weight.
Yesterday doing incline bench my left shoulder sounded like a ratchet (Ouch)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday doing incline bench my left shoulder sounded like a ratchet (Ouch)
Eesh! I hate that, when there is noise you just feel like you are actually doing more damage...

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got scolded so bad I haven't lifted since...no its just coincidence cause of 2 heavy days of lawncare and funeral yesterday. ..back at it the morning.
So if I'm reading correctly, you guys are starting at 15-20 reps and last set is down to 6?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got scolded so bad I haven't lifted since...no its just coincidence cause of 2 heavy days of lawncare and funeral yesterday. ..back at it the morning.
So if I'm reading correctly, you guys are starting at 15-20 reps and last set is down to 6?
I just started this week !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I start heavy and then go lower (higher reps- up to 15), not wanting to spend glycogen on lighter sets (probably bro-science, awaiting biatchslap from MrKleen73).
Shoulders I never go heavy. Only overhead exercise is bradford press with max 30kg (about 65lbs), doing up to 60 reps with it.Works for me, apparently, shoulders looking pronounced.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Great points. I always start a new workout log with 15 reps. always add weight as the reps exceed 15. Kind of like HST. 2 weeks of 15 reps, 2 weeks of 10 reps 2 weeks 8 reps, 2 weeks 5-6 reps.
Except for Shoulders and Chest exercises. My shoulder can't handle the heavy weight. I usually don't get below 8 reps on my last set. I still progressive load but the 5-6 rep weight is too much.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Great points. I always start a new workout log with 15 reps. always add weight as the reps exceed 15. Kind of like HST. 2 weeks of 15 reps, 2 weeks of 10 reps 2 weeks 8 reps, 2 weeks 5-6 reps.
Except for Shoulders and Chest exercises. My shoulder can't handle the heavy weight. I usually don't get below 8 reps on my last set. I still progressive load but the 5-6 rep weight is too much.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I start heavy and then go lower (higher reps- up to 15), not wanting to spend glycogen on lighter sets (probably bro-science, awaiting biatchslap from MrKleen73).
Shoulders I never go heavy. Only overhead exercise is bradford press with max 30kg (about 65lbs), doing up to 60 reps with it.Works for me, apparently, shoulders looking pronounced.
me too...start heavy for 3 to 7 reps, then move on to lighter weight for reps in the 10 to 15 rep range.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
me too...start heavy for 3 to 7 reps, then move on to lighter weight for reps in the 10 to 15 rep range.
Lets see what MrKleen73 says about it. Since I read a scientific study, that warm-up does not curb injury, I often go full in for the first set. Just like you said.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lets see what MrKleen73 says about it. Since I read a scientific study, that warm-up does not curb injury, I often go full in for the first set. Just like you said.
warm ups[doing lighter weight 1st] saps my strength....I just do stretching and/or some sit ups for my 'warm up'.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
warm ups[doing lighter weight 1st] saps my strength....I just do stretching and/or some sit ups for my 'warm up'.
That loss of strength could be dwindling glycogen reserves. Now waiting for the sh1tstorm from the academics. :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My elderly joints needs a few light weight high rep set to get in the groove. I have been starting out chest day with some 20-25 rep Pec Decks makes benching so much smoother !!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For me that is more out of necessity than anything else. Otherwise just changing the rep schemes around...

You can do say a push session and do main lift 6-10 reps RPE8-9, secondary lift 10-15 and 3rd lift 15-25 hitting in the same session quite easily and pretty much a normal practice.

You can also focus the different focus on different days IE Push Day 1 Strength 3-8 reps , Push day 2 Pump Work, Push Day 3 Basic Hypertrophy range 8-12 reps.

There are really so many ways to do it... Just giving a few examples.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Before I hurt my shoulder 3 or so years ago. I use to do a A/B split. one heavy one light of each. loved it!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My heavy days are over, some days I feel like a real wimp but I have to train smart...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah and not needed, especially if you have other issues to nurse.
I can't go full bore with my first sets any more because if I don't warm up my existing injuries won't allow for proper movement. Also if trying to get maximal weight lifted in the session priming the CNS a bit really does help. However I wouldn't do it for volume. Something like below maybe. Might start with 3 reps then 2, then 1, 1, 1 just depends...

Overall Warm up - prehab if needed and then potentiating warm up sets.

Deads Warm up set 135x1, 225x1, 315x1, 365x1, 405x1 - Work set time...

Used to for me as well. Now I use a general warmup for the body, then if lifting heavier use something like the above. Just getting efficient at the movement itself, not actually trying to warm my body up. It is already warm from the general warm up.

If something I am working around then yeah more warm up sets required for the joints and specific movement.

That loss of strength could be dwindling glycogen reserves. Now waiting for the sh1tstorm from the academics. :)
Sounds about right to me. Glycogen, or just fatigue in general. Depends on diet and whatnot.

My elderly joints needs a few light weight high rep set to get in the groove. I have been starting out chest day with some 20-25 rep Pec Decks makes benching so much smoother !!!
Yeah and you get a little pre-exhaust as well as direct activation going on there to.

Recently though I have been limited on weight due to injury so I have been front loading the volume before going heavier in later sets. That way I can get closer to muscular failure without putting as much stress on my connective tissue.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Trenavar cycle is going well I am up about 12lbs (187) over my "Ideal" weight my belt is a little tight but the chest of my shirts is tighter, I still have visible abs so I'm not getting too fat.

11202018.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Todays Crush

Crush3.png

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll have her check with your wife ..........
No issues in that department, I chase my wife around 7 days a week like I did when we were in high school. Anyways, it's a business decision, her title would be "hose holder"....

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Trenavar cycle is going well I am up about 12lbs (187) over my "Ideal" weight my belt is a little tight but the chest of my shirts is tighter, I still have visible abs so I'm not getting too fat.

View attachment 174712
Damn bro! you are a lot bigger than I remember!
Nice work.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cindy 2.jpg

So Pretty !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm sure some people will not understand this, but it is very hard for me to let myself gain weight. I have spent the last 35 years trying to lose weight and watching the scale rise is tough. I hope some of this is muscle when I'm done and can cut back down to where I am comfortable. 188lbs this morning!
Today is Thanksgiving and I'm sure it will rise again tomorrow!!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm sure some people will not understand this, but it is very hard for me to let myself gain weight. I have spent the last 35 years trying to lose weight and watching the scale rise is tough. I hope some of this is muscle when I'm done and can cut back down to where I am comfortable. 188lbs this morning!
I can understand that. Just use the mirror. If you like what you see then damn what the scale says.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can understand that. Just use the mirror. If you like what you see then damn what the scale says.
I know I am gain "some" muscle, but I don't like the belt getting tighter. The end results will be good, I'm sure !!

pic taken this morning, shoulders looking full, left should still has some "Pumpkin Effect""

Shoulders 11222018.jpg

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you tear your bicep at some point?

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I made my transition weeks ago I was in the same boat. Went from 3 years of crash dieting, enormous amounts of cardio, under 2k cals a day etc etc..you know, you follow...to BOOM!!!!!!
Stop cardio...eat eat eat....
For the first week my anxiety was out of control. Here we are 5 or 6 weeks later and the scale is actually moving in the Wright direction and the mirror is looking Really good. It's a a tough process, hang in there big dog. You know what to do, happy thanksgiving!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
I know I am gain "some" muscle, but I don't like the belt getting tighter. The end results will be good, I'm sure !!

pic taken this morning, shoulders looking full, left should still has some "Pumpkin Effect""

View attachment 174788
You’re looking real solid Rocket. Whatever you are doing, it looks like it is working to me. No doubts, brother.

And remember, “Old guys rule!”

Have a great Thanksgiving!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, How Could You Tell ??

View attachment 174791
I can see where the bicep tore from the insertion, the muscle is balled towards the origin.

I’ve seen a lot of torn biceps lol so I can spot them pretty easily. Sorry if that came off wrong, I was just wondering.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey, I only gain 3lbs yesterday !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m disappointed. You didn’t try hard enough Rocket3015☹��
I really didn't think I ate that much ????

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Used the last of my PWO, so I had to see what in the stash was about to expire. This will be my Training Partner for the Next 25 Workouts.

Dust V2.jpg