Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How’d your appointment go today?
Appointment went well, the Doctors all seem to be happy with my progress, they switched me from my Bumex Diuretic to Lasix to see if I can get the swelling down in my Feet, Ankles and Calves, I was about 170lbs 25 days ago now 183lbs and I know it's all water ???????????????

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Appointment went well, the Doctors all seem to be happy with my progress, they switched me from my Bumex Diuretic to Lasix to see if I can get the swelling down in my Feet, Ankles and Calves, I was about 170lbs 25 days ago now 183lbs and I know it's all water ???????????????
My calves have always been small. Maybe I need some swelling in the calves ;)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh man! Glad they switched them up! Hopefully it will get you some relief!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
06/20/2023 18lbs (Monday)

The last few days have been a bit lackluster and not productive,. But this morning we are turning that arould. After a good nights sleep I woke up about 3;15 am, I fooled around on the internet till about 4am and than went for my 34 minute 2 mile walk! I took my normal Fasted Cardio Supplements, (1) SNS Thermagize XT, (1) Scoop SNS Focus XT, & 300MG L- Carnitine.

It felt really good and I felt back to 100% me !!!

I am still holding way more water in my feet, ankles and calves, so I am going to try out some Compression Socks today ??

Nutrition

Calories 2,128
Fat 104 grams
Carbs 145
Protein 143

My goal day is to keep calories under 1,800

I had a Great Fathers Day, My Youngest Daughter and her Husband took the Wife and I out for an Indian Buffet on Saturday and My Oldest Daughter and Grand Kids brought me Donuts to work on Monday Morning. I think they know I kike to eat !
Kritunga Buffet.jpg
Crazy Clazed Carrie.jpg
Kritunga Buffet.jpg
Crazy Clazed Carrie.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am jealous of that buffet!!! YUM!!!!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am having a very hard time getting rid of it ! I am trying some compression socks today !! ??
They should definitely help to keep the water out of your lower legs, and stop the pooling effect in the ankles and feet.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They should definitely help to keep the water out of your lower legs, and stop the pooling effect in the ankles and feet.
I hope !! It's very uncomfortable !

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope !! It's very uncomfortable !
Yeah, my wife has to use them every once in a while and they are not comfy, but they are effective for the goal. At least with her anyway.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
would elevation, or ice packs help at all?
Elevation could definitely help, but not as effective as the compression socks. The compression socks squeeze the water back up the leg and keep any new water from entering below the top of the sock. He will have a dent where the sock was under some fluid at the top of his calves by the end of the day most likely.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/20/2023 18lbs (Monday)

The last few days have been a bit lackluster and not productive,. But this morning we are turning that arould. After a good nights sleep I woke up about 3;15 am, I fooled around on the internet till about 4am and than went for my 34 minute 2 mile walk! I took my normal Fasted Cardio Supplements, (1) SNS Thermagize XT, (1) Scoop SNS Focus XT, & 300MG L- Carnitine.

It felt really good and I felt back to 100% me !!!

I am still holding way more water in my feet, ankles and calves, so I am going to try out some Compression Socks today ??

Nutrition

Calories 2,128
Fat 104 grams
Carbs 145
Protein 143

My goal day is to keep calories under 1,800

I had a Great Fathers Day, My Youngest Daughter and her Husband took the Wife and I out for an Indian Buffet on Saturday and My Oldest Daughter and Grand Kids brought me Donuts to work on Monday Morning. I think they know I kike to eat !View attachment 233410View attachment 233411View attachment 233410View attachment 233411
Now I want some donuts!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My wife has to use compression socks periodically and they help her. She will elevate her legs and feet while sleeping, and it helps a lot, but man it looks uncomfortable. She has the same thing because of the medication they give her for MS about every 3 to 4 months, and gain 10 to 15lbs., but most of the water seems to be concentrated in the calves, ankles and feet, and you notice a little puffiness in her face, which she thinks is a lot, but compression socks have been a lifesaver, literally, the last few years.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
06/21/2023 184bs

I woke up about 3am feeling pretty good, so after downing my Fasted Cardio Supplements, (1) SNS Thermagize XT, (1) Scoop SNS Focus XT, & 300MG L- Carnitine. I killed a little time here on the board and went for mu 2 mile walk. The walk lasted about 36 minutes, and took a little longer than I would have liked, but that is what I need to do. My doctors appointments and Chemo all went well yesterday and work was very productive. I wore a pair of compression socks all day yesterday and took 2.5 doses of my Diuretic's. My feet look less swollen but my body weight is back up a bit (and it's water) ?

Nutrition

Calories 1,870
Fat 88 grams
Carbs 131
Protein 128

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wore a pair of compression socks all day yesterday and took 2.5 doses of my Diuretic's. My feet look less swollen but my body weight is back up a bit (and it's water) ?
is it making you pee a lot? I bet it feels sorta nice at the end of the day to take the socks off...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
is it making you pee a lot? I bet it feels sorta nice at the end of the day to take the socks off...
I am still retaining a lot of water 10-15 lbs and I am not peeing near enough. But it does feel great at the end of the day to get the socks off!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am still retaining a lot of water 10-15 lbs and I am not peeing near enough. But it does feel great at the end of the day to get the socks off!
Right, the couple minutes after you can feel the blood rushing in and it feels so good after being in them all day. I have only had to wear them once for a couple days from running MK at 25mg a day for a couple weeks and the water retention got pretty bad in my calves and ankles. It sucked, everything felt swollen and stiff. I am sure yours is probably even worse so hopefully it helped. Did your ankles or calves look any less watered down when you took them off?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Right, the couple minutes after you can feel the blood rushing in and it feels so good after being in them all day. I have only had to wear them once for a couple days from running MK at 25mg a day for a couple weeks and the water retention got pretty bad in my calves and ankles. It sucked, everything felt swollen and stiff. I am sure yours is probably even worse so hopefully it helped. Did your ankles or calves look any less watered down when you took them off?
They looked funny all the water was above my knees, my legs looked like a 300lbs women !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man! Water retention sucks! I struggle with it but nothing like what you’re going through! I feel for you for sure! They do make thigh high compression socks…they suck but definitely help do get it back up past your knees which can be just as uncomfortable as your lower legs.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
06/22/2023 184bs

Up at 3am feeling pretty good, so after downing my Fasted Cardio Supplements, (1) SNS Thermagize XT, (1) Scoop SNS Focus XT, & 300MG L- Carnitine. I killed a little time here on the board and went for my 2 mile walk. I got to try out my New To Me Treadmill because we are getting some very much needed rain. I wasn't sure how to operate it so it was kind of a Hap Hazzard workout. I need to figure out what all these buttons do ??? . The walk lasted about 30 minutes. Heart Rate 140 BPM and I even did a little bit of lower back work at the end.
I wore a pair of compression socks all day yesterday and took 2.5 doses of my Diuretic's. My feet look less swollen but my body weight is back up a bit (and it's water) ?

These socks are a real bear to get on and off!@!

Nutrition

Calories 2,066
Fat 104 grams
Carbs 155
Protein 132

I need to get this in better check, I am just finding it very difficult !!

Sole 63 B.jpg

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
06/28/2023 184bs

Up at 3am feeling pretty good, so after downing my Fasted Cardio Supplements, (1) SNS Thermagize XT, (1) Scoop SNS Focus XT, & 300MG L- Carnitine. I killed a little time here on the board and went for my 2 mile walk. I got to try out my New To Me Treadmill because we are getting some very much needed rain. I wasn't sure how to operate it so it was kind of a Hap Hazzard workout. I need to figure out what all these buttons do ??? . The walk lasted about 30 minutes. Heart Rate 140 BPM and I even did a little bit of lower back work at the end.

These socks are a real bear to get on and off!@!

Nutrition

Calories 2,066
Fat 104 grams
Carbs 155
Protein 132

I need to get this in better check, I am just finding it very difficult !!
When my wife wears them I have to help her take hers off at the end of the day.
I hate it even the diuretics aren’t working. And I’m sure your water intake is good, you watch your diet, and walk daily, so your really doing things right. I’m not sure what else, safely, that could work. I do know the steroids they give do cause a lot of water weight, but they are so effective against inflammation. Hopefully enough water will come off that you at least will feel better.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When my wife wears them I have to help her take hers off at the end of the day.
I hate it even the diuretics aren’t working. And I’m sure your water intake is good, you watch your diet, and walk daily, so your really doing things right. I’m not sure what else, safely, that could work. I do know the steroids they give do cause a lot of water weight, but they are so effective against inflammation. Hopefully enough water will come off that you at least will feel better.
I am really tired today !! 😴💤

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
we are getting some very much needed rain.
I am really tired today !!
I know I sound like a broken record around here on this topic but aside from everything else you're working through, maybe the weather impacts the energy level a bit? I sorta find it funny that so many people I know in the PNW really struggle with an extra 20 or so lbs and every single person I know who moved to Arizona from Washington tell me how they lost 10, 20, or even 30lbs without changing any aspect of their life and they can't figure out why lol.... I never gain weight when travelling to sunny destinations but we have 9 months of cloud cover here and after a few sunny days when the clouds come in my energy level gets completely sacked...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you are eating more food, it’s more likely you are taking in more sodium. If your body is struggling to eliminate fluid, I would be making sure to be getting lots of potassium (fruit, veggies, meat) and minimizing sodium, especially from processed or restaurant food. And obviously drinking enough water.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you are eating more food, it’s more likely you are taking in more sodium. If your body is struggling to eliminate fluid, I would be making sure to be getting lots of potassium (fruit, veggies, meat) and minimizing sodium, especially from processed or restaurant food. And obviously drinking enough water.
I have been doing all of these things, I am really trying to make every calorie count, but I am so darn hungry all the time.

My Potassium today 4.3, Sodium 135

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have been doing all of these things, I am really trying to make every calorie count, but I am so darn hungry all the time.

My Potassium today 4.3, Sodium 135
When my hunger is really high, I try to push extra vegetables like green beans, broccoli, big bowls of greens, lots of baby carrots. And I eat more peas, beets and oranges for carbs. And some sweet potatoes.

I’m not telling you what to do - just food ideas in case one of them is helpful! They all pack more potassium down (and fiber, which may or may not be ideal).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When my hunger is really high, I try to push extra vegetables like green beans, broccoli, big bowls of greens, lots of baby carrots. And I eat more peas, beets and oranges for carbs. And some sweet potatoes.

I’m not telling you what to do - just food ideas in case one of them is helpful! They all pack more potassium down (and fiber, which may or may not be ideal).
I have been making a big salad most evenings, which I really enjoy, I'm am just having a problem with the will power to stop at that. In the passed I have been able to control it much better, but I currently feel like a Spineless Jelly Fish ??? I can't just say NO !!! Please hand me that jar of peanut butter ???

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have been making a big salad most evenings, which I really enjoy, I'm am just having a problem with the will power to stop at that. In the passed I have been able to control it much better, but I currently feel like a Spineless Jelly Fish ??? I can't just say NO !!! Please hand me that jar of peanut butter ???
Yeah its going to happen. Things that may help, but you also may already be doing. Make sure you are putting in a good amount filling veggies into that salad, like broccoli, cauliflower, cold cooked beans, chick peas, and some meat. Keep your use of salad dressing minimal. Lemon juice and pepper is a nice way to add some more flavor if trying to keep calories and sodium in check. That or olive oil and vinegar. Another option is adding some Bragg Aminos which is similar to Soy sauce but far less sodium.

Also keep in mind your body needs extra calories to heal itself. So you may be getting hungry because you need the food. With the water issues I would not be super worried about scale weight because the water is going to skew all of that horribly. Eat enough to stay feeling as strong as possible while recovering, and just try to keep fat gain itself under control.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
06/23/2023 188bs

It's another rainy day, and boy do we need it! So it will be a 30 minute walk on the treadmill this morning. PWO SNS Alpha Yohimbine, (1) Scoop SNS Focus XT, & 300MG L- Carnitine. I mixed up a 24oz Allmax MuscleEAA to drink while I walked. Got my heart rate up to 144BPM and even did a few core movement after the cardio. I am still feeling a little tired most of the time, but life is good.

Nutrition

Calories 1,919
Fat 70 grams
Carbs 193
Protein 135

This was a pretty good Nutrition day for me, good quality foods to feed the beast.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
06/24/2023 185bs

Pretty much a repeat of yesterday.
It's another rainy day, and boy do we need it! So it will be a 33 minute walk on the treadmill this morning. PWO SNS Thermagize XT, (1) Scoop SNS Focus XT, & 300MG L- Carnitine. I mixed up a 24oz Allmax MuscleEAA to drink while I walked. Got my heart rate up to 130BPM and even did a few core/Lower Back movement after the cardio.

Nutrition

Calories 1,701
Fat 108 grams
Carbs 124
Protein 90

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
06/25/2023 185bs

Sunday, and I did almost nothing, a rainy weekend, but I did get a few things done outside between the showers, but mostly I got some much need rest. Still fighting with the water retention in my feet and ankles, but I keep them elevated as mush as I could yesterday.

Nutrition

Calories 2,545
Fat 95 grams
Carbs 288
Protein 133

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sunday, and I did almost nothing, a rainy weekend, but I did get a few things done outside between the showers, but mostly I got some much need rest. Still fighting with the water retention in my feet and ankles, but I keep them elevated as mush as I could yesterday.
you know... despite the fact that we have about 9 months of very cold, grey, rainy weather in the PNW, I do love the occasionally rainy Sunday in the summer time...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today has been an interesting day, I have a PET Scan at 6:45 Tuesday morning, so today I am only allowed to consume 10 grams of carbs and nothing after midnight. So far today Beef, Chicken, Cheese, Eggs, I think I'll have Tuna for diner ???? This is really weird !!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
WooHoo! A meat day!

jayjaythedemon

Awards
can someone recommend a stack that help them increase their confidence i feel like i’m lacking a little confidence i want to be very confident i every situation i get in.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
can someone recommend a stack that help them increase their confidence i feel like i’m lacking a little confidence i want to be very confident i every situation i get in.
Yes, Do hard and challenging things often. With each success or lesson from failure you will build more confidence. Also look into getting some therapy to find out why you have such a low self esteem. It's a nice 2 part stack, and the only one that is effective to my knowledge. There is no product that can give you confidence, you have to build it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There is no product that can give you actual confidence, but there are products that can help you be more motivated (Anabolic XT, Sabroxy XT, KannaEase), more social and relaxed in public situations (KannaEase, Stress & Anxiety Support), and products that people say helps them feel more alpha and confident (in a motivation sense) like Anabolic XT, M-Test, Optimize-T, Alpha Gel.

Those are the suggestions I can think of right away.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
06/26/2023 186bs

My doctor told me no workout (or walking) Monday or Tuesday before my test. So I sleep in to 4am. Went to Chemo, Work and ate Meat all day !!

The good news is lack of carbs today I believe helped me shred some of this water weight!

Nutrition

Calories 1,643
Fat 83 grams
Carbs 7
Protein 184