4wk Androhard/Androlean 4wkPCT log

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Did a test run of GVT using light weight, just to get a feel for what I was getting into on Monday. I really enjoyed the feeling of getting a good pump from a low amount of weight. Monday will be the real test, I will also have progress pics up and stats.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -213.6g (39%)
Carbohydrates -131.2g (24%)
Fats -92.8g (38%)
Total Calories -2,217

Training:

A.M.
Elliptical (30 min.)

P.M.
Barbell Bench -10x10 @ 135lbs 4-0-0
Lying DB Row -3x10 @ 35lbs
DB Curl - 3x10 @ 30lbs
Lying DB Triceps Ext. -3x10 @30lbs

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kill it Brotha, looking forward to seeing your opinion on this new workout and seeing your progress picts, just keep going Bro, it is all about consistency, consistency, consistency!!!

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
He'll yeah bro keep it going I wan to see how it goes I'm planning to gvt it in a couple of weeks like the doc said keep the prescription going lol good work out can't wait for pics

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lying DB Rows?

Like a chest supported row, but with a DB?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lying DB Rows?

Like a chest supported row, but with a DB?
I don't know if that is what he is talking about, but I've done that before, I've actually gotten on one of those T-Bar stile machines and instead of loading plates on it, I used dumbbells so I could control the angle and which part of my back I wanted to hit better, but I think something along those lines is what he is talking about!

Hey, while I talking about it, I have a great exercise that I sort of came up with on my own, never saw it anywhere in any magazines, nor have I ever seen anyone besides myself or someone training with me perform, but I love it and it works great! It is for your lower traps, I get on an incline bench, one you can adjust the incline and I pretty much put it 1 or two notches from being straight up, no where near as low as I would for incline chest, anyway, I pick up like 75Lb dumbbells and put my knees on the seat and my chest on the back and shrug up and back at the same time and it hits them so good, I'm sure it kills the rhomboids, a little rear delt and a tiny bit of your lats too, but I don't use my biceps at all or bend the elbows, I literally do it just like a normal shrug but it is at an angle that hits the lower traps and it really works! Just throwing that out there if anyone wants to give it a try or just to do something different, always good to change things up a bit!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Yeah Doc, chest on the incline bench a couple clicks down from vertical a DB on each side and row back. They're pretty nice. I usually use much heavier weight, but I was in experimentation mode with GVT.

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
I hope everything is going good bro

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Not much to report on today. PCT is still going well and I’m all jacked up for GVT Monday. I’m also interested to see my progress pics…its been a while. Just a side note…my girlfriend has reported me talking in my sleep since I started PCT which is not a regular thing for me. Last night I was talking about groceries. I must have been hungry.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -230.9g (46%)
Carbohydrates -101.8g (20%)
Fats -76.5g (34%)
Total Calories -2,341

Training:

Rest Day

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Lol I think we all talk about Groceries in are sleep, I think I talk about steak lol we all hungry

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what are your reports so far? kinda dont wana look through 21 pages lol

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
what are your reports so far? kinda dont wana look through 21 pages lol
Man R1...killin me. I got you man about to take pics and calculate stats. I'll put a brief summary up for ya.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Stats for Week 6: (Missed week 5 due to vacation)

(All stats are a comparisons are between start of cycle and end of week six)

Weight -208.0lb (from 212.4b) 4.4lb Weight change (- .04lb from last week)
Body Fat % -Between 8.4 and 10% (from 12.7%) 1% decrease in BF (calculated 9%)
Lbs Fat -20.8 (from 26.5) 5.7lb of fat gone (- .04lb from last week)
Lean Body Mass -187.02lb (from 185.9lb) 1.3lb of muscle gained (-04.lb from last week)

Still eating with Lean Gains and continuing to see results. Although I am losing fat I am losing small bits of lean mass as well. I am on PCT and should probably expect to see a small decrease in LBM, but I would like to keep as much as possible. I am experiencing a little trouble eating my calories on lift days, but I will do my best to get these in. If anyone has some ideas for calorie dense concoctions (with good macros) let me know Ill try anything for the most part. I was also thinking about running Anabeta with Shift and Pro Xanthine for the duration of PCT (Any thoughts?)

SO FAR…

I am very happy with the gains from AH/AL and the ease of PCT with Rev. Black. The numbers speak for themselves, with almost 5% decrease in BF%, 6lbs of fat loss, and 2lbs of gained muscle this was a very effective stack (and of course my dedication to nutrition and training) I really have nothing negative to say about the AH/AL cycle with the exception of some stomach discomfort…but not a big deal for me. I had no decrease in libido, no crazy increase in aggression, just good old drive to get work done.

I will give a complete review at the end of PCT…Pics to come late today (camera is charging)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would absolutely not use Shift in PCT. The goal of PCT is to keep your LBM gains and establish HPTA recovery. Trying to lose BF is asking to also lose some muscle.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I would absolutely not use Shift in PCT. The goal of PCT is to keep your LBM gains and establish HPTA recovery. Trying to lose BF is asking to also lose some muscle.
Ok no Shift. It is possible to keep LBM the same while burning fat though, even more so while closely monitoring Macros. Burning fat and building LBM however not so easy...maybe even superhuman. I looked into Shift, Anabeta, and Erase yesterday and I guess I really didn't understand what Shift was used for. Anabeta, however looked pretty good for PCT and I believe PES even recommends it for use during PCT. I could just say the hell with it and just stick to DAA and Rev. Black, its not like Im having any negative sides.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
PICS FROM END OF WEEK 4 (on vacation)

Ill try to get pics for this week up later. My GF took them but she was in a rush to get to work and they were quite blurry.

View attachment 41563

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are looking leaner and very solid to me my friend, you have some really good size and shape, very thick/dense muscularity!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok no Shift. It is possible to keep LBM the same while burning fat though, even more so while closely monitoring Macros. Burning fat and building LBM however not so easy...maybe even superhuman. I looked into Shift, Anabeta, and Erase yesterday and I guess I really didn't understand what Shift was used for. Anabeta, however looked pretty good for PCT and I believe PES even recommends it for use during PCT. I could just say the hell with it and just stick to DAA and Rev. Black, its not like Im having any negative sides.
During PCT, probably not. Like I said, the main concern is recovery and maintaining LBM. Once your PCT is finished, then you can begin to recomp.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
All is well. Felt great today. I hit all my calories with no issues with respectable macros and started GVT which may I say was very challenging but rewarding. I’m looking forward to reaping the gains from this style of training. I would like to get week six pics up tomorrow the ones I took today were very blurry and not worth a damn. Posted updates earlier today, and I was pretty pleased with my results, especially with a weeks vacation wrapped up in there.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -268.7g (36%)
Carbohydrates -305.9g (41%)
Fats -79.2g (24%)
Total Calories -3,019

Training:

PM (GVT)
1A. Barbell Bench -10x10 @175lbs
2A. Weighted Chin-Up -10x10 @ 10lbs
1A. Incline DB Fly -3x12 @ 35lbs
2B. One Arm DB Row -3x12 @ 60lbs

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
All is well. Felt great today. I hit all my calories with no issues with respectable macros and started GVT which may I say was very challenging but rewarding. I’m looking forward to reaping the gains from this style of training. I would like to get week six pics up tomorrow the ones I took today were very blurry and not worth a damn. Posted updates earlier today, and I was pretty pleased with my results, especially with a weeks vacation wrapped up in there.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -268.7g (36%)
Carbohydrates -305.9g (41%)
Fats -79.2g (24%)
Total Calories -3,019

Training:

PM (GVT)
1A. Barbell Bench -10x10 @175lbs
2A. Weighted Chin-Up -10x10 @ 10lbs
1A. Incline DB Fly -3x12 @ 35lbs
2B. One Arm DB Row -3x12 @ 60lbs
I'll be putting up new pic's tomorrow as well, I've never tried GVT but i probably will one day. Glad to see you have everything down, Keep up the good work!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Well If my gym wasn't built for old ladies this would have been a Legit Swipe of the Gauntlet...I'm not happy with it, but here it is.

28 Plates (Ghetto) For 14 Reps

[video=facebook;1915414200172]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1915414200172[/video]

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Well If my gym wasn't built for old ladies this would have been a Legit Swipe of the Gauntlet...I'm not happy with it, but here it is.

[video=facebook;1915414200172]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1915414200172[/video]
It says "video unavailable" for some reason. TOO GHETTO FO TV!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
hmmm im sitting here watching it on AM right now...interesting

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Put it up on youtube, then post it, I can't see it???

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
[video=youtube;BWP6ij_jB2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWP6ij_jB2I[/video]

Try This...take 2

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Try This...take 2
Now your talking... definitely strong... Wow, I just wish I could see it from the side to see exactly how deep you were going, but it looked pretty damn good to me! Kleen... What do you think? Also, I could not really count the plates, I'm just taking your word for it there, Chris might know better as to how many that machine can hold, I mean I did see the two plates on the top and the 2 - 25's on top of the weights... so was that 14 plates & 25's for 14 reps?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Now your talking... definitely strong... Wow, I just wish I could see it from the side to see exactly how deep you were going, but it looked pretty damn good to me! Kleen... What do you think? Also, I could not really count the plates, I'm just taking your word for it there, Chris might know better as to how many that machine can hold, I mean I did see the two plates on the top and the 2 - 25's on top of the weights... so was that 14 plates & 25's for 14 reps?

26- 45s, 2- 35s on top and the 2- 10s on each side = 28- 45s

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I need to find a gym with a serious press and enough weight so I can can really throw it down...but I think the potential is there.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need to find a gym with a serious press and enough weight so I can can really throw it down...but I think the potential is there.
OK, so the bar has been set at 14 plates for 14 reps, that must be topped! Do me a favor, next time see if you can get it filmed from the side so we can all see the full ROM!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Will do Doc, I blame the rookie camera man! Ha!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will do Doc, I blame the rookie camera man! Ha!
LoL, I know exactly what you mean, I had to ask a guy that I hardly know, just see him every day at the gym to do it for me and I had to like direct him as what to do and where to film from, etc. The funny part is... I explained everything I was saying while the he was filming before he even started filming, so I was like WTF, LoL! Also, I am hoping next Monday one of the owners is in the gym, their phones take better video than mine, the quality of my video was very poor!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work Green, I want to see that ROM from the side as well. It is really hard to tell how deep you are actually getting but you look like a stud doing it that is for sure. I think that is the same as the one I have and yeah I think 26 plates would be the max at 10 per side their was still room for 3-4 plates.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just do them unilaterally. You address the weak points better that way and it doesn't take an hour to load and unload.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards

Try This...take 2
Damn that's awesome, it's funny how there are plates everywhere you look haha. What song/band is that? Reminds me of After The Burial

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Yes exactly After The Burial! Excellent ear bro.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Yes exactly After The Burial! Excellent ear bro.
FOR THE WIN!! Haha i haven't heard the new CD yet but they play so low with all the riffs i just took a shot in the dark.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
FOR THE WIN!! Haha i haven't heard the new CD yet but they play so low with all the riffs i just took a shot in the dark.
The new disc is money. Shredding those 8 string guitars.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good lord dude, that is one MEAN legpress, i don't even think my gym HAS that many plates...

Shameless plug~ Please check my new log in my sig :D

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
8 string guitar~~ man those are hard to play... haha.

you play guitar dude? Just wondering. lol.
Actually just started doing vocals again. I mess with the guitar but I'm no shredder. Should be out playing again hopefully by the end of August.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually just started doing vocals again. I mess with the guitar but I'm no shredder. Should be out playing again hopefully by the end of August.
NICE!! Gotta keep the music going man. :D