MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff Green, I responded on your dietary lay out in the Lean Gains thread. Also when you cals are that high you may find it easier to spread cals out a bit more like 20/50/30, so long as 75-80% of your calories are in the post workout window you will be fine.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Thanks, Kleen Im going with the x13 its is very close to my calculated BMR. The calories are much more manageable.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day Twenty Six:

First dose at 0830 with no side effects. Second dose at 1530 with no side effects. Day two with Lean Gains. I ate my +20% today. I am still trying to figure out my timing and macro-nutrient portioning, this is new to me so its going to take me a bit to get dialed in. My big observation and question is about meal timing. I break fast as 1200hr (20% total cals) then BCCAs at 1530 workout at 1600hrs, then meal 2 at 1745hrs (50% total cals) this is such a large meal and only leaves me about two hrs to get the last 30% of my calories in. Is it ok to eat those two last meals so close together (almost back to back)? Other than this I am enjoying the fasted feeling, it makes me feel light and I definitely seem more vascular throughout the day.

Macro-Nutrients: (haven’t quite got it yet, but I did hit my caloric needs)

Protein -249.9g (31%)
Carbohydrates -269.9g (34%)
Fats -126.1g (35%)
Total Calories -3,438

Training:

A.M.
Elliptical (30 minutes)

P.M.
Squat -1x6 @ 225lb, 1x6 @ 405lb, 1x5 @ 510lb, 1x6 @ 405lb
Leg Press -3x6 @ 1000lb, 1250lb, 1250lb
Leg Extension -3x20 @ 230lb
RDL -3x6 @ 275lb
Lying Leg Curl -3x20 @120lb
Standing Calf Raise -3x30 @225lb
Seated Calf Raise -3x30 @ 145lb

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day Twenty Six:

First dose at 0830 with no side effects. Second dose at 1530 with no side effects. Day two with Lean Gains. I ate my +20% today. I am still trying to figure out my timing and macro-nutrient portioning, this is new to me so its going to take me a bit to get dialed in. My big observation and question is about meal timing. I break fast as 1200hr (20% total cals) then BCCAs at 1530 workout at 1600hrs, then meal 2 at 1745hrs (50% total cals) this is such a large meal and only leaves me about two hrs to get the last 30% of my calories in. Is it ok to eat those two last meals so close together (almost back to back)? Other than this I am enjoying the fasted feeling, it makes me feel light and I definitely seem more vascular throughout the day.

Protein -249.9g (31%)
Fats -126.1g (35%)
Total Calories -3,438

Training:

A.M.
Elliptical (30 minutes)

P.M.
RDL -3x6 @ 275lb
Nice update. I always feel leaner when vascularity is up, good feeling.

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
since i cant put up any links yet on am if anyone wants to check out my vid of me doing a 495 dealift i put it on you tube, just look up musclerican1 and it should direct you to the vid,

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day Twenty Six:

Protein -249.9g (31%)
Fats -126.1g (35%)
Total Calories -3,438

Training:

A.M.
Elliptical (30 minutes)

P.M.
RDL -3x6 @ 275lb

You are one beast on leg day.haha

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
You are one beast on leg day.haha
Thanks bro, wish my gym had 100lb. plates. Loading 24 45lb plates onto the leg press is a workout in its own.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
AI Sports Nutrition "Care Package" reviews to come"

aisport.jpg

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day Twenty Seven:

Took dose one at 0930 with no side effects and dose two at 1530 with no side effects. Getting better with the lean gains protocol, starting to achieve desired macro-nutrients and calories. I have completed the AH/AL cycle and will begin PCT with Revolution Black (Finaflex) and DAA (AI Sports Nutrition)…I was going to use Pure Test but ended up giving to a friend who is starting PCT as well. I will continue with tocopherols, whey protein, and multi-v. Pictures to come Monday (I will be out of town, so unfortunately the pics wont be in the same setting).

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -261g (47%)
Carbohydrates -150.2g (27%)
Fats -66.7g (27%)
Total Calories -2,242

Training:

Recovery Day

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Yeah I still haven't got the hang of it myself, cal not up to par

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude be safe on your trip out of town! That leg workout was killer bro and I hope I can squat that 405 even for one rep soon haha.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks bro, wish my gym had 100lb. plates. Loading 24 45lb plates onto the leg press is a workout in its own.
That's why I don't do leg press. Walking BB/DB Lunges work the thighs just as well and hit the oft neglected glute med/min.

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Green howis the lg treating you I lost 5 lbs already, lg is legit so far

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Green howis the lg treating you I lost 5 lbs already, lg is legit so far
So far so good. Between figuring out macros and damn traveling it will be interesting to see my results for this week. Pics and numbers tomorrow.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day Twenty Eight:

Starting PCT tonight. Had to travel 11 hours today so my nutrition sucked, but I did the best with what I had. Stats and Pics tomorrow. Its will be a challenging week being in my home town with family and friends wanting to eat and drink all day. Back to the gym tomorrow, looking forward to some needed cardio and serious weights. I’m really liking the lean gains, and I’m looking more cut already.

Macro-Nutrients: Not a good day with traveling

Protein -197g (36%)
Carbohydrates -117.4g (27%)
Fats -104.8g (43%) (Ouch)
Total Calories -2,381

Training:

IN THE CAR ALL DAY

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Travel always sucks when it comes to cal's and training. Can't wait to see the pics.

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Hope the best bro don't give in to temptation it will be hard not wanting to be socially drinking especially with fam but you can have one cheet day just don't take in 10000 cal lol have fun bro

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Stats for Week 4:

(All stats are a comparisons are between start of cycle and end of week four)

Weight -208.4lb (from 212l.4b) 4lb Weight change (- 1.4lb from last week)
Body Fat % -10% (from 12.7%) .6% decrease in BF
Lbs Fat -20.84 (from 26.5) 5.66lb of fat gone (- 1.39lb from last week)
Lean Body Mass -187.56lb (from 185.9lb) 1.74lb of muscle gained (-01.lb from last week)

Lean Gains has proven to be a great tool in my arsenal. Losing 1.39 lbs of fat and for the most part keeping LBM the same. I’m sure as I get my macros dialed in the results will be even better. Ill try to get some pics up.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stats for Week 4:

Lean Body Mass -187.56lb (from 185.9lb) 1.74lb of muscle gained (-01.lb from last week)

Lean Gains has proven to be a great tool in my arsenal. Losing 1.39 lbs of fat and for the most part keeping LBM the same. I’m sure as I get my macros dialed in the results will be even better. Ill try to get some pics up.
That is extremely impressive: losing that much fat and gaining muscle in 4 weeks.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ho dang dude that's great... Lean Gains never really made that much of a physical difference for me, just was more convenient and helped with appetite control and feeling starved all day.

Glad it's working for you.:D

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Stats for Week 4:

Nice work man!

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stats for Week 4:

Way to get at this thing bro, good job!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stats for Week 4:

That is impressive Bro, there is never anything wrong with dropping fat and adding muscle at the same time, it's what we all aspire to do, so "keep on keeping on" my friend!!!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Stats for Week 4:

Keep it up brah! That's good progress it looks like you got LG down pretty well. So today i hit BW pullups and 140lb DB rows, I'm so happy right now but i feel like i'm gonna have a really really long day tomorrow haha. Can't wait to see the pic's my friend your doing very well glad i sub'd to your log.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent progress Hulk, no more David Banner there anymore only the green beast.

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
lou ferrigno move out the way green is in the house

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The "One-Upper" has arrived!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
WOW! Thanks for the support guys. Wish I would have been around for trivia Doc, but Ive been spending time with the family. I tried to get some pics with my iphone, but they were no good. I apologize for not being equipped for all updates, but Ill get progress pics up first thing when I get back to NC.

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
WhEre are you vacationing at bro?

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Hey green bye the way I've been breaking fast at 10am other than noon and ending at 6pm it's working out alot better for me since like I told you I tend to be alot hungrier In the mornings just an FYI since we are comparison things bro

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day Twenty Nine:

I’ve started PCT, and I have not noticed any decrease in strength, performance or muscle mass. My workouts and cardio are still very strong, and I have continued to stay motivated. Lean Gains is making a huge difference for me. There has been a noticeable change in muscle definition, and I am more vascular. From what I’ve experienced so far, Lean Gains is very forgiving. Even with some of my less intelligent food choices this week I continue to see results, not to say that this is ok and I enjoy eating crap but Once I get back to my regular schedule I think Lean Gains will really dial me in.

Thanks everybody for your support and motivation, it really keeps me in the game and eager to deliver results.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -249.8g (34%)
Carbohydrates -307.4g (41%)
Fats -83g (25%)
Total Calories -3,118

Training:

P.M.
Standing DB Shoulder Press -3x6 @ 65lb
Upright Row -3x8 @ 245lb
Standing DB Lat Raise -3x20 @ 30lb
Standing DB Rear Delt Raise -3x20 @ 30lb
Barbell Shrug -3x6 @ 315lb
DB Shrug -3x20 @ 90lb
Reverse Crunch -3x30
Crunch -3x40
DB Oblique Crunch -3x20 @ 65lb (20 reps each side)

1000 Meter Row (Machine) HIIT

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Hey green bye the way I've been breaking fast at 10am other than noon and ending at 6pm it's working out alot better for me since like I told you I tend to be alot hungrier In the mornings just an FYI since we are comparison things bro
Im breaking fast around 1300 now and ending around 2100. I really like feeling empty all day and then hammering the cals. down later in the day. Im seeing some really awesome results from the protocol already.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow another epic workout day bro. I'm very pleased with this log very detailed and gives some insight on some great training routines.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day Thirty:

So far so good. I did have a not so great day (macro wise), but considering the circumstances it could have been much worse. Just need to make it to Sunday with out any major blow outs and I’ll be pretty happy. I’m thinking that there may be a little catch up work to do when I get home, which will come in the form of calorie adjustment and cardio. I hit a quick arm workout with my brother that honestly is even worth posting. It’s difficult to dedicate all the time necessary for proper nutrition and training when everybody has planned your day already planned.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -130g (23%)
Carbohydrates -252.4g (45%)
Fats -81.6g (32%)
Total Calories -2,578

Training:

A.M.
Run (5 miles)

P.M.
Bicep/Triceps work

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don't sweat the protein consumption. I know people who NEVER go over .8 grams of protein per pound of LBM and still grow. Barry Sears from The Zone Diet touts .8 as the maximum amount of protein needed. Many nutritionist will tell you the same thing. However one day won't make to much of a difference regarding the final body composition.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Don't sweat the protein consumption. I know people who NEVER go over .8 grams of protein per pound of LBM and still grow. Barry Sears from The Zone Diet touts .8 as the maximum amount of protein needed. Many nutritionist will tell you the same thing. However one day won't make to much of a difference regarding the final body composition.
Wow really??? In that case i'm about to up the carbs and eat a little less protein! I can save myself a bunch of $$ too.. How much do you consume Kleen?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Soo how's the PCT going green?

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Yeah bro is everything going good?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow really??? In that case i'm about to up the carbs and eat a little less protein! I can save myself a bunch of $$ too.. How much do you consume Kleen?
About 225 and I am a lil over 200 right now.