4wk Androhard/Androlean 4wkPCT log

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Really happy with the macros today, I’m starting to get the hang of Lean Gains finally. I feel amazing and IMO look better than ever. I am really sore from the GVT yesterday, but man does that feel good! Looking forward to / dreading the leg portion of the GVT protocol. I got myself in pretty deep today with Doc throwing down the gauntlet for a 28 plate x 14 rep set on the leg press. I did the best I could with what my gym had to offer and Doc has cleared it as a legit set…so I guess I’ll take it. I would still like to get it on a press that holds 28 plates. I know Doc is coming back at me with this one so everybody be ready for his upcoming leg press PR video…man what did I get myself into haha!

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -258.7g (51%)
Carbohydrates -93.6g (19%)
Fats -67.5g (30%)
Total Calories -2,201

Training:

PM
Heavy Bag / Jump Rope Work
Leg Press 1x14 @ 1260 (Video Posted Earlier Today)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Props for the GVT.

For me GVT was too hard mentally. I didn't like pushing lighter weight, slowly for so many sets.... it took around 1 week to completely give up... haha no will power I guess :(

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Dam fell asleep and wtf 3 pages went bye lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
GVT is one of the most effective programs if you can make yourself stick to it. Like Mattrag said you have to be willing to move light weight but the boost in GH from all of that lactic acid is off the chain. That and the pumps from GVT can't even be touched by most other programs. It is one of the few high volume workouts that I enjoy running every once in a while. Maybe that is what I will change to starting next week. Can do Chest and Back, Legs, then Arms and shoulders, however being in PCT I would have to only do each one time a week instead of the rotation prescribed typically in GVT. Although the wife just moved into more of a power mode so I may just use drop sets to induce the lactic acid. I don't want to interrupt her training cycle too much.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Hit legs with GVT today…not cool at all, but a big sense of accomplishment when finished. My soreness form the chest workout has dissipated, and I am awaiting the onslaught of screaming leg muscles. I will be out of town again for four days…I may have internet, but not sure. If not this will be my last post until Monday. I will be attending a wedding out of town, and I’m sure Ill be doing battle with temptation.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -281.6g (38%)
Carbohydrates -256.8g (35%)
Fats -88.6g (27%)
Total Calories -2,968

Training:

PM

Squat -10x10 @ 245lbs
RDL -10x10 @ 205lbs (Probably Go Up Next Week)
Seated Calf Raise 3x25 @ 125lbs
Abs -3x30 Crunch
3x20 Side Bend @ 60lbs
3x15 Hanging Knee Raise

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GVT is one crazy training routine.
Have fun at the wedding man~ I just had my wedding a couple weeks back so I know how the temptation can get to you. Seeing old friends and all too. I can imagine it's going to be rough. Just think about those abs. hahah.

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Nice work out bro I'm starting gvt myself today have fun at the wedding son, rip the sleeves off the the tux lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hit legs with GVT today…not cool at all, but a big sense of accomplishment when finished. My soreness form the chest workout has dissipated, and I am awaiting the onslaught of screaming leg muscles. I will be out of town again for four days…I may have internet, but not sure. If not this will be my last post until Monday. I will be attending a wedding out of town, and I’m sure Ill be doing battle with temptation.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -281.6g (38%)
Carbohydrates -256.8g (35%)
Fats -88.6g (27%)
Total Calories -2,968

Training:

PM

Squat -10x10 @ 245lbs
RDL -10x10 @ 205lbs (Probably Go Up Next Week)
Abs -3x30 Crunch
3x20 Side Bend @ 60lbs
3x15 Hanging Knee Raise
Nice work!!!! Man if your legs aren't screaming at you this very moment you are on quick recovering SOB. I wonder if I can get my wife to do this with me. She likes to have time for the sauna and these workouts take a little longer than 45 minutes to complete.

Liking the macros by the way.

GVT is one crazy training routine.
Have fun at the wedding man~ I just had my wedding a couple weeks back so I know how the temptation can get to you. Seeing old friends and all too. I can imagine it's going to be rough. Just think about those abs. hahah.
Too bad you weren't on LG back then Matt, cool thing about it is if you stick to the fasting periods the rest is pretty forgiving. He may add a little extra water but gaining any fat is pretty unlikely unless he works at consuming a lot of cals. Don't drink beer though, have a spirit of some sort in diet coke, water or on the rocks. Will save you on extra carbs.

Nice work out bro I'm starting gvt myself today have fun at the wedding son, rip the sleeves off the the tux lol
LMAO! I have a pic of me somewhere when I was 17 at a formal where I took off my jacket and undershirt and only wore the tuxedo vest shortly after it started. Yeah I was already kind of swole then. I think I was about 185 wearing 31 waist in jeans.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I am pretty sore, even more so sitting on my A$$ for this four hr car ride FML. I'll definitely be adhering to the 16/8 and if I feel the need for some drinks I'll be sticking to spirits as Kleen has suggested. Even my forearms are sore...funny from a leg workout, but I have to say it feels great! I hear ya Kleen my girlfriend is getting quite interested in training and nutrition lately so we ordered up some staple supps today and I'll be playing personal trainer/nutritionist come Monday. She's already taken to LG which I commend her for. Shes following a 14/10 as Martin recommends. Thanks guys.

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Funny you say that I got the wife on lg myself, did my first day off gvt green and I have to say it's intense and boy am I exhausted

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Funny you say that I got the wife on lg myself, did my first day off gvt green and I have to say it's intense and boy am I exhausted
Yeah GVT is demanding, but so far I'm liking it a lot. Makes you really push mentally as well as physically which I enjoy.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude... did you get my PM? Your samples came back "Undeliverable" again! Can you just give me a new/different address to send them to all together? I feel bad, I want you to get to try our products!

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Dude... did you get my PM? Your samples came back "Undeliverable" again! Can you just give me a new/different address to send them to all together? I feel bad, I want you to get to try our products!
Ok doc I'm pm you right now

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Let me know if you got my pm doc since I know your mailbox be full sometimes

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me know if you got my pm doc since I know your mailbox be full sometimes
I got the new address and your samples will be shipped out first thing Monday morning my friend!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TurningGreen... This is for you Big-Guy! Your Turn... if you dare!!!

AL's 15 plates for 12 reps...​

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Monster Doc! Hahaha I will bow...until I find a leg press that holds more ammo, and a gym with more weight. Well done sir.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Monster Doc! Hahaha I will bow...until I find a leg press that holds more ammo, and a gym with more weight. Well done sir.
Whew... I was afraid you would come back with something I can't do, LoL! My PR is 16 plates for 9 reps, but with this diet, I really don't want to continue to push it, not the time, ya know! From here, I will continue to go heavy, but not that heavy, I'll probably start topping out around 12 plates and just go for Reps, Reps, Reps!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Ok, Back to reality today. I’m feeling a little tubby after the wedding trip, but I did ok. I stuck to the LG 16/8. I know I didn’t get my proper macros, but cant do anything about it now. Back to GVT today as well, which felt really good, even increased on weight…amazing pump. Still sticking to PCT and feeling good. I have added N.O. Ignite pre-workout as well as BCAA’s, also switched from DAA powder to Pure Test (finaflex) the powder was NASTY!

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -166.1g (28%)
Carbohydrates -272g (45%)
Fats -73.5g (27%)
Total Calories -2,400

Training:

PM
Flat Bench -10x10 @ 185lbs
Chin-Up -10x10 @ 15lbs
Incline DB Fly 3x12 @ 35lbs
One Arm DB Row -3x12 @ 60lbs

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
8/2

Killing lifts on N.O. Ignite (only 1 scoop) PCT still Going Smooth. I’m liking Pure Test DAA much better as well, way more convenient. I feel like I wasn’t that shut down when I started PCT so the combination of Rev. Black and DAA is really giving me excellent results. Still going strong with Lean Gains and would like to get some pics up (I may just post them at the end of this log along with my complete review)

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -178.6g (33%)
Carbohydrates -234.8g (44%)
Fats -54g (23%)
Total Calories -2,197

Training:

Rest Day

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uhhh, so which is it gonna be? Post a video of you exaggeratedly bowing down before me, and calling me "MASTER" or a new video of you "1-upping" my 15 plates for 12 reps? I mean that was the deal between Kleen and I, you said you wanted in and I let you in, LoL!

So I guess my question is... Do you concede your DEFEAT?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
HAHAHA concede...Doc, that word is foreign to me...If I can figure out a way to load 1350 on to that machine Ill post it up...if not I guess Ill have to bow by default

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
8/2

Killing lifts on N.O. Ignite (only 1 scoop) PCT still Going Smooth. I’m liking Pure Test DAA much better as well, way more convenient. I feel like I wasn’t that shut down when I started PCT so the combination of Rev. Black and DAA is really giving me excellent results. Still going strong with Lean Gains and would like to get some pics up (I may just post them at the end of this log along with my complete review)

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -178.6g (33%)
Carbohydrates -234.8g (44%)
Fats -54g (23%)
Total Calories -2,197

Training:

Rest Day
Dang bro 10 sets of 10 reps with 185lbs on FB, I'd be out and done on the third one lol. Good to see you had a fun trip and now it's back to work! Keep it up brother!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Looking for some assistance with LG Macro Portioning. I’m really having some difficulty getting in good protein percentages with out drinking it down. I have trouble putting down literally pounds of lean meats in such a short time period. I really like the 16/8 protocol but I feel that my weak macro percentages are hindering my success with LG.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -171.2g (32%)
Carbohydrates -175.1g (33%)
Fats -83.3g (35%)
Total Calories -2,197

Training:

PM
DB Shoulder Press -10x10 @ 45lbs (definitely go up next week)
Weighted Dips -10x10 @ 50lbs
Bent Over DB Lat Raise -3x12 @ 45lbs
DB Shrug -3x12 @ 75lbs

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Dang bro 10 sets of 10 reps with 185lbs on FB, I'd be out and done on the third one lol. Good to see you had a fun trip and now it's back to work! Keep it up brother!
Thanks bro, I really had some trouble with the first week of FB on the GVT protocol, but I made some adjustments on my technique (mostly a wider grip) and I hammered it home. Im thinking of increasing next week a few pounds. I'm really liking the challenge of the GVT though.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel you there! I'm enjoying these face pulls in my back routine. It really gives me an extra set to use and feels great. I just can't wait to see what this Havoc is going to do along with my Anabeta and Combustion.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I feel you there! I'm enjoying these face pulls in my back routine. It really gives me an extra set to use and feels great. I just can't wait to see what this Havoc is going to do along with my Anabeta and Combustion.
Sweet, looking forward to seeing how Havoc goes for you. I think I need to do some face pulls, they just sound BA.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HAHAHA concede...Doc, that word is foreign to me...If I can figure out a way to load 1350 on to that machine Ill post it up...if not I guess Ill have to bow by default
Is it possible for you to scope out another gym in the area and get one of those FREE 1 or 2 week passes so you can do a leg day and use their leg press, I know here in the Atlanta area, gyms are so competitive, you can usually get a free month if you ask for it, because there are so many gyms in the area and they are desperate to get your business!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Remove the 25's from the top of the weights and have a 200 lb man sit on the stack. DONE! That or one hot chick on each side. ;)
Is it possible for you to scope out another gym in the area and get one of those FREE 1 or 2 week passes so you can do a leg day and use their leg press, I know here in the Atlanta area, gyms are so competitive, you can usually get a free month if you ask for it, because there are so many gyms in the area and they are desperate to get your business!
This would work too.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That or one hot chick on each side. ;)
That kind of reminds me of the old school strong man competitions where they had a bar with a platform above it connected to one another and those Goliath Mammoth's of strength would see how many models they could squat, remember that? I'll look for a video!

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
So I got to say thanks to scottydoc and finaflex nutrion I have to say I have found a new pre workout drink no ignite was awesome the fruit punch was good but a little weird taste at first but no after taste, had great focus and strength and was abble to get one more rep through out my work out doing gvt, will be trying the grape tomorrow and also will be trying the pro xanthine I'll give feed back on those also

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
GVT is no joke. This leg workout is ridiculous. Got my macros where I wanted them today. I was trying to get all my protein from food, but I just couldn’t eat that much, so today I had a good ratio of whey and food and it seemed to work much better.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -254g (44%)
Carbohydrates -198.3g (35%)
Fats -53.7g (21%)
Total Calories -2,460

Training:

PM
Squat -10x10 @ 245lbs
RDL -10x10 @ 205lbs
Abs -3x40 Crunch
3x20 Side Bend @ 65lbs
3x30 Inverted Crunch

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
So I got to say thanks to scottydoc and finaflex nutrion I have to say I have found a new pre workout drink no ignite was awesome the fruit punch was good but a little weird taste at first but no after taste, had great focus and strength and was abble to get one more rep through out my work out doing gvt, will be trying the grape tomorrow and also will be trying the pro xanthine I'll give feed back on those also
Yes, N.O. Ignite is SERIOUS fugging stuff, and Pro Xanthine is just as good! Hows your GVT going (pretty bad a$$ huh)

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Remove the 25's from the top of the weights and have a 200 lb man sit on the stack. DONE! That or one hot chick on each side. ;)

This would work too.
I like your style Kleen Im thinking the hot girls...good view and motivation

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Yes, N.O. Ignite is SERIOUS fugging stuff, and Pro Xanthine is just as good! Hows your GVT going (pretty bad a$$ huh)
Yeah real bad ass Its really intence and I'm loving every minute of it, it's diff from usual heavy routine of mine, I like to switch my work outs about every 4 weeks so it's a good change for me the guys on the gym think I'm on the juice cause it looks so crazy lol, and you how is gvt treating you by looks of it, I say your killing it

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I agree, i had my sample today and i got a pump so big in my arms i literally don't think I've ever had that big of a pump from pull-ups. Leg workout looks like it was pretty fun haha keep up the good work!

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Ok so I tried the grape no ignite had the same medicine type taste but it was nasty it left an after taste but it got the Job done. I would recommend the fruit punch but everyone is diff so you be the judge . I also did the pro xanthine today. I give it a 10/10 I felt it's affects within 5min of taking it. I didn't feel the jitters or the fast heart beats but a nice appetite control and energy from it. You can feel it warming up and doing its thing in the stomach. I will be getting 1 of each the xanthine and the fruit punch pre work out I was sold with the samples being so good and that's my opinion on these two products.

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Hey green have you found any solution with finding more source of protein to fill in, instead of protein shakes. I've been traying to get more protein in but the shakes are the only thing I got to make up the numbers

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Hey green have you found any solution with finding more source of protein to fill in, instead of protein shakes. I've been traying to get more protein in but the shakes are the only thing I got to make up the numbers
Yeah man I'm just drinking the shakes. It's just easier. I am eating a good amount of my protein just to be sure to have the long lasting effects of the whole food.

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Yeah man I'm just drinking the shakes. It's just easier. I am eating a good amount of my protein just to be sure to have the long lasting effects of the whole food.
Yeah same here I'll make sure to let you know if I find an alternative lol

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
That's what i do, It's a lot more convenient for me and i find i can fit it in before work or before bed. It gets the job done! The key thing is making it work for you, there's 100's of ways to skin a cat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
GVT is no joke. This leg workout is ridiculous. Got my macros where I wanted them today. I was trying to get all my protein from food, but I just couldn’t eat that much, so today I had a good ratio of whey and food and it seemed to work much better.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -254g (44%)
Carbohydrates -198.3g (35%)
Fats -53.7g (21%)
Total Calories -2,460

Training:

PM
Squat -10x10 @ 245lbs
RDL -10x10 @ 205lbs
Abs -3x40 Crunch
3x20 Side Bend @ 65lbs
3x30 Inverted Crunch
I may have already asked this but are you doing these as prescribed b the GVT program with the 4 second negatives and 2 second concentric contractions. If so those weights are just friggen bad ass.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I may have already asked this but are you doing these as prescribed b the GVT program with the 4 second negatives and 2 second concentric contractions. If so those weights are just friggen bad ass.
Yes Kleen, these are with the prescribed timing for GVT it's a new concept for me so I really have to count on every rep. I get very sore, but I'm liking the protocol so far. The last leg workout I did left me very sore and even wearing a belt left my lower back a bit sore. Just during the workout. I may have to drop some weight on the RDL.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Yes Kleen, these are with the prescribed timing for GVT it's a new concept for me so I really have to count on every rep. I get very sore, but I'm liking the protocol so far. The last leg workout I did left me very sore and even wearing a belt left my lower back a bit sore. Just during the workout. I may have to drop some weight on the RDL.
Dat der emphasized negatives! I wonder if the body can get accustomed to negatives better? After 4 weeks of my high volume training i pretty much stopped getting sore but now i still see the strength gains i did when i was sore. I guess it's all irrelevant as long as your challenging yourself. On my last set of anything (besides legs) i usually do like a 20 second negative until my muscle(s) literally give out. It's a perfect way to finish them off :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is just the body getting better at clearing lactic acid doesn't mean the effectiveness is any less just your body is becoming more efficient at clearing that LA.

Green you are a beast man!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
That is just the body getting better at clearing lactic acid doesn't mean the effectiveness is any less just your body is becoming more efficient at clearing that LA.

Green you are a beast man!
That makes a lot of sense thanks for that info!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That makes a lot of sense thanks for that info!
That is Arnold's silhouette in that avi huh, from the pic with him standing on the rocks?