17 weeks out !!! Let's do it !!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
It was on the elliptical cross trainer. It said 384 calories. Not sure how accurate it was.

Just for ****s and grins I weighed myself when I woke up. 197.4. After cardio and a shower I weighed 195.6 lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's got to be off lol my MISS cardio for an hour was 600-700 kcals

You're on par though, stick to the plan and you'll be shredded and big JD !

Can't wait to see your peak week lol paper skin, carbed up and muscle bellies full!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Going to start a new routine , again haha. It's called mega training, a 3 day split. It calls for every other day lifting, but I will do 3 on 1 off, 3 on etc and see how I do. This is the gist of it.

To explain a little the RPT is reverse pyramid training, starting with a heavy weight first. SO Weighted Pull-ups: 4-5, 5-6, 6-8 (RPT), an example would be

1st set of 4-5 reps with BW +90lbs
2nd set of 5-6 reps with BW +80lbs
3rd set of 6-8 reps with BW +70lbs

The routine calls for a 10% drop in weight using the RPT with 3 minutes rest periods, which I may also change up some.

Workout A (Monday) – Shoulders, Back & Triceps

Weighted Pull-ups: 4-5, 5-6, 6-8 (RPT)

Seated DB Shoulder Press: 4-6, 6-8, 8-10 (RPT)

Seated Cable Rows: 12-15 + 4-5 sets of 3-5 reps (Rest Pause)

Cable Rope Push Downs: 12-15 + 4-5 sets of 3-5 reps (Rest Pause)

Lateral Raises: 12-15 + 4-5 sets of 3-5 reps (Rest Pause)

Workout B (Wednesday) – Lower Body

Barbell Squats: 4-5, 5-6, 6-8 (RPT)

Romanian Deadlifts: 6-8, 8-10, 10-12 (RPT)

Leg Extensions: 12-15 + 4-5 sets of 3-5 reps (Rest Pause)

Leg Curls: 12-15 + 4-5 sets of 3-5 reps (Rest Pause)

Calf Raises: 12-15 + 4-5 sets of 3-5 reps (Rest Pause)

Workout C (Friday) – Chest, Biceps & Rear Delts

Incline Bench Press: 4-5, 5-6, 6-8 (RPT)

Flat Bench Press: 4-5, 5-6, 6-8 (RPT)

Incline DB Curls: 4-5, 5-6, 6-8 (RPT)

Cable Rope Curls: 12-15 + 4-5 sets of 3-5 reps (Rest Pause)

Cable Face Pulls: 12-15 + 4-5 sets of 3-5 reps (Rest Pause)

I will keep up with cardio 5-6 days a week doing HIIT. My calories right now are still around 3200. I am adding in more cardio and doing 40-45 mins a day so I will keep my cals the same this week and see what the change in cardio does. I was sitting at 197 this morning and would like to be 194-195 by Saturday. Ideally I think I need to be at 187 instead of 197 right now, but my brother thinks I am on track and keeps saying he can push me down quick if need be.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
That's got to be off lol my MISS cardio for an hour was 600-700 kcals

You're on par though, stick to the plan and you'll be shredded and big JD !

Can't wait to see your peak week lol paper skin, carbed up and muscle bellies full!
I can't wait till peak week either.....well maybe I can. We went over it a little today and I'm pretty sure I'll wish I was dead lol

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't wait till peak week either.....well maybe I can. We went over it a little today and I'm pretty sure I'll wish I was dead lol
I never found peak week as hard as the last couple weeks before it.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I never found peak week as hard as the last couple weeks before it.
I hope not but we will see. I know the last few weeks I will be going no carbs which is really going to suck !!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope not but we will see. I know the last few weeks I will be going no carbs which is really going to suck !!
Yah that's standard for a lot of us. You could earn a cabup or two though. Those can be fun.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Started my new routine today. Also started back on suspension preworkout to give me that little extra boost ;)

Weighted pull-ups-
2 sets of 6 just BW
BW +45lbs x 4
BW +35lbs x 6
BW +25lbs x 8

For some odd reason it felt like I strained my mid-lower traps on my first set? it affected the REST of my workout because of it :-/

Seated DB press-
2 warm up sets
80's x 6
70's x 8
60's x 15

Seated cable row, v-grip- 1 high rep set then 5 rest pause sets with the same weight, 20 sec rest between sets
160 x 15 RP 5,5,5,5,5

Cable Rope pushdown- rest pause sets
130 x 15 RP 5,5,5,5,5

Lateral Raises Standing- rest pause sets
25's x 15 RP 5,5,4,4

40 mins HIIT on elliptical

It will take a bit to get the weights right. I still pushed it but for example on my DB presses I should of dropped 5lb each set instead of 10lbs.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Worked both jobs today and still had energy to hit legs tonight :D That is a first haha

Squats-
warm-up sets
135 x 15
225 x 8
315 x 3
365 x 3
Working sets
405 x 4
365 x 6
315 x 10

Romanian Deadlifts-
275 x 6
255 x 8
225 x 12

Leg Extensions- Rest pause 20 sec between sets
190 x 12 RP 5,5,5,5,5

Leg Curls- Rest pause 20 sec between sets
150 x 12 RP 5,5,5,3

Standing calf raises in smith machine
- Rest pause 10 sec rest
315 x 15 RP 5,5,5,5,5

Worked up a good sweat. Forgot how much aggression I get from the suspension !! :D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I am envious of the energy you get during prep. Right now I have to really dig deep just to get out of my chair lol This too shall pass. I got behind, sot had to go more aggressive with the diet. Won't be seeing much in the way of carbs for a while.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As for your posing, some of the same things I saw before, although most poses have definitely improved. On your rear lat spread again remember you are not tightening ANYTHING on your back. Your elbows should be coming out slightly in front of you,(remember facing the wall and trying to touch the wall with them to spread the lats. Also when doing the rear double biceps you really want to externally rotate your shoulder so that your elbows are further out front and your forearm is angling back to the point your fist is almost behind your head. This rotates the upper arm so that the biceps roll over the top and the peak becomes much more visible from the back. If you don't do this your entire biceps will disappear when you are on stage because the judges are below you.

On your side shots, you need to line up from your feet up. If a relaxed shot post on your back foot then place the ball of your front foot even with the arch of your rear foot. Press the front leg into the rear leg to spread it out and make it look bigger. You really need to elevate your ribcage on all side shots. You are making yourself look small by closing in on yourself. Lift your ribcage up high and hold it up high. It needs to be elevated, their should be the slightest bit of flexion or arching in your upper back really puffing that chest up and forward. This gives the illusion of greater thickness from the side.

On the flexed side poses you want to start out the same way with the ball of the front foot nestled into the arch of the rear foot. This time spike it there on the ball only flexing the calf, and then bend the rear leg so that you drop about 4 inches this will force the legs to work and remain flexed while separating the line between the quads and hamstrings. On these same as the other side shots, you REALLY need to lift your ribcage up and hold it nice and high. I can not emphasize enough the change this will make in how your physique looks.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Man I am envious of the energy you get during prep. Right now I have to really dig deep just to get out of my chair lol This too shall pass. I got behind, sot had to go more aggressive with the diet. Won't be seeing much in the way of carbs for a while.
It don't always happen that way ;) You have to remember though I am almost double on my calories than you which makes a world of difference. Ask me in 6 weeks how I feel physically haha

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
As for your posing, some of the same things I saw before, although most poses have definitely improved. On your rear lat spread again remember you are not tightening ANYTHING on your back. Your elbows should be coming out slightly in front of you,(remember facing the wall and trying to touch the wall with them to spread the lats. Also when doing the rear double biceps you really want to externally rotate your shoulder so that your elbows are further out front and your forearm is angling back to the point your fist is almost behind your head. This rotates the upper arm so that the biceps roll over the top and the peak becomes much more visible from the back. If you don't do this your entire biceps will disappear when you are on stage because the judges are below you.

On your side shots, you need to line up from your feet up. If a relaxed shot post on your back foot then place the ball of your front foot even with the arch of your rear foot. Press the front leg into the rear leg to spread it out and make it look bigger. You really need to elevate your ribcage on all side shots. You are making yourself look small by closing in on yourself. Lift your ribcage up high and hold it up high. It needs to be elevated, their should be the slightest bit of flexion or arching in your upper back really puffing that chest up and forward. This gives the illusion of greater thickness from the side.

On the flexed side poses you want to start out the same way with the ball of the front foot nestled into the arch of the rear foot. This time spike it there on the ball only flexing the calf, and then bend the rear leg so that you drop about 4 inches this will force the legs to work and remain flexed while separating the line between the quads and hamstrings. On these same as the other side shots, you REALLY need to lift your ribcage up and hold it nice and high. I can not emphasize enough the change this will make in how your physique looks.
Reps man !!! I appreciate the help !!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I spent the day yestarday out of town. The owner of my gym wanted me to go to two other gyms with him that he runs to see how they are set up, to meet the other managers, and to see how they run. All and all it was a pretty good day. Met a lot of people and did what we all want to do, spent the day in a gym looking at good looking women haha

No weights today. Decided to let my back/neck rest and heal. They were bothering me this morning but don't hardly notice it today.
Cardio tonight consisted of the stair master, 20 mins, level 7 on the fat burner program. And then ten min HIIT on the elliptical.

Tomorrow is the last day on my part time job then I will start full time managing the gym Monday. Lots to learn and do but I am pretty stoked !! :D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess, I run a gym but don't make any real money at it yet. It's a hard business to turn a profit. I make the rules though so that's great. I still have time to make it work.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I guess, I run a gym but don't make any real money at it yet. It's a hard business to turn a profit. I make the rules though so that's great. I still have time to make it work.
True. I don't make the best money, but I would rather make decent money doing something I love than great money and hate my job daily ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True. I don't make the best money, but I would rather make decent money doing something I love than great money and hate my job daily ;)
Absolutely, I don't need to make much more than I do. We have a smaller gym and our marketing is getting an overhaul.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Decided to be a little cautious tonight and just do bodyweight pullups and not weighted to keep from restraining my back. Went well, and it is the first time in a long time I was able to do 3 full sets of 10 !! :D

Pull-ups -
BW 3 sets 10

Seated shoulder press- 2 warm up sets
80's x 8
70's x 10
65's x 12

Seated cable rows v-grip-
Rest Pause 20 sec between sets
180 x 12 RP 5,5,5,4,3

Tricep rope pushdown-
Rest pause, 20 sec rest
140 x 15 RP 5,5,5,5,5

Standing side laterals-
Rest pause 20 sec rest
25's x 15 RP 5,5,5,5,5,

35 mins total cardio tonight
12 mins stair climber level 7 fat burner program
23 mins elliptical HIIT, incline 6, level 3

DreamWeaver my energy levels aren't always high. Tonight I was ready to throw the weights around while lifting. But then when it came to cardio, it was a whole new game. I did the stairs and quit before 20 mins. And at 10 mins elliptical I was ready to be done, but had to really dig down and say I wasn't fuggin quiting !!!!!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cardio sucks :(

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Yes the tanning bed brings out the veins !!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
There was absolutely no motivation today. Leg day and I only got thru a few sets of squats and quit. I'll call it a needed day off and get back at it tomorrow....

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Here we go. 8 weeks out. Starting mast e tomorrow 600mg/week for 6 weeks, then mast p 100mg/day for last two weeks.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here we go. 8 weeks out. Starting mast e tomorrow 600mg/week for 6 weeks, then mast p 100mg/day for last two weeks.
Grind time! Let's go bud!

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Subbing. Doing a nov 7 show as well! Good luck and looking great!!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks!! Glad to have you along Ashstandrews

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
197.4lbs last Saturday. 195.6 this morning so staying on track. I'd like to drop up to 3-4lbs one week but we'll see what happens.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
45mins fasted cardio this morning. I'll go in this afternoon to hit the weights.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking great in that last pic! That last 2 lbs made a big difference!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. The pic is a 'little' deceiving, I am not quite that lean. (Lighting, just tanned, flexing) but hey, not everybody has to know that ?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Just got done lifting but haven't tanned yet. Getting vascular as hell!!!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Chest, bi's and rear delts

Hit flat bench first today. Didn't go as heavy to keep from straining my neck again, but got in more reps.

Flat BB bench- 3 warm up sets
295 x 8
265 x 10
225 x 12

Incline BB Bench-
205 x 6
185 x 8
165 x 10

Incline DB curls-
50's x 4
45's x 6
40's x 10

Cable rope curls
- Rest pause, 10 sec rest today
110 x 15, RP 5,5,5,5,5

Cable face pulls
- Rest pause 10 sec rest
80 x 15 RP 5,5,5,5,5

Nothing to special today. Was pretty happy with my incline because I hadn't done them in awhile. Seems my strength is still staying with me pretty well so far.

Started mast today. Will run 200mg 3x week.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Pretty good session this morning. Changed things up again on my pullups. Incorporated a 2 sec hold at the top and 3 sec negatives, just to keep tension on the lats longer. Man it worked too !!

Pull-ups- tempo 0231
3 sets 6

Seated shoulder press-
80's x 6
75's x 8
70's x 12

Side raises- Rest pause 20 sec rest
30's x 10 RP 5,5,5,5,5

Cable rope pushdown
- Rest pause 20 sec rest
140 x 10 RP 5,5,5,5,5

45 min HIIT cardio on elliptical crosstrainer

Didn't do the seated rows today. Was running short on time and needed to get my cardio in...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah really vascular wow....

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Not much to report today. Got in 35 mins cardio this morning, 20 on the stair climber and 15 on the elliptical.

Loving my new job !! Been spending a lot of time with the owners getting to know the ropes and requirements to run the gym. Only two downfalls, which the first may be good haha. The first is both the owners live almost an hour away, although one will be coming up once a week for awhile. The other is I don't get off work until 6pm. Which isn't to bad, except for nights like tonight. My wife is still at work so we had to make arrangements for the kids all evening until I got home, and then it is Mr. MOM until the wife gets home. ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Leg day. I think all the HIIT cardio I am doing is taking a toll on my legs. I was pretty weak on my squats today....

Squats-
365 x 6
315 x 8
275 x 12

Romanian Deadlifts-
275 x 6
245 x 8
225 x 12

Leg extensions- Rest pause, 20 sec rest
190 x 15 RP 5,5,5,5,5

Prone leg curls- Rest pause, 20 sec rest
150 x 12 RP 5,5,5,5,5

Seated leg press machine Calf raises-
Rest pause, 10 sec rest
380 x 15 RP 5,5,5,5,5

Like I said my strength took a hit today. I went up to 405 last week and knew at 365 that was going to be my top weight. Oh well still got a good workout in and felt great afterwards !

Wore out tonight, ready for bed and it is only 7:30 haha. Gunna get a shower and maybe take some progress pics....

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
MrKleen73 I still seem to be tightening up my back instead of rounding and pushing my lats out. Also the letro I had was bunk, I do have some Human grade letro now I just started, Thank god because it is getting pretty bad.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The lighting is washing you out a bit, I can tell you're more cut than you appear in those photos. Right on target from those pics and factor in the lighting you are likely ahead still. Right where you want to be in my book.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On your back double bi, you need to keep rotating your hands to make the bicep peak more. You're coming along nicely tho jd!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73 I still seem to be tightening up my back instead of rounding and pushing my lats out. Also the letro I had was bunk, I do have some Human grade letro now I just started, Thank god because it is getting pretty bad.
In all honesty these are a HUGE improvement. You have your shoulders slightly forward on the rear lat shot, and actually have a great spread while maintaining the tightness and detail mid back. I think it looks pretty good.

On your front facing shots I would like to see how you look if you move your heels in an inch or two on each side while rotating your hips out a bit more so your toes point out a little more. Think Charlie Chaplain... LOL
You have such a great quadriceps lateralus you want to have that rotation to make it really stick out more to the side making the legs look thicker side to side and improving the sweep of the thigh. It will also make your adductors touch farther down the middle of the thigh again increasing the visible surface area of the thigh making it look bigger.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty these are a HUGE improvement. You have your shoulders slightly forward on the rear lat shot, and actually have a great spread while maintaining the tightness and detail mid back. I think it looks pretty good.

On your front facing shots I would like to see how you look if you move your heels in an inch or two on each side while rotating your hips out a bit more so your toes point out a little more. Think Charlie Chaplain... LOL
You have such a great quadriceps lateralus you want to have that rotation to make it really stick out more to the side making the legs look thicker side to side and improving the sweep of the thigh. It will also make your adductors touch farther down the middle of the thigh again increasing the visible surface area of the thigh making it look bigger.
I'll remember the tips and implement them while I am practicing to see how much they help, thanks Kleen !

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Not sure what I did last night, but I woke up with my shoulder hurting. I got to the gym and started with incline barbell. Just warming up with 135 put a lot of strain on my shoulder? I did 6-7 sets with that weight trying to warm it up and see if it would get to feeling better, but it never did.. So I went to flat bench and just did some very high reps DB sets.
After went to do cardio and just don't have any motivation today. Only did 20 mins cardio.

It seems every couple days I am going through this. Leg day a few days ago was horrible too. I may take a few off from lifting and just hit some cardio up and see if my motivation comes back...

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I think I am slowly losing my sanity today... 18 weeks of dieting is way to long.............

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to. My brother says I don't need it. I am still over 200 carbs and not flat or depleted. Physically I may not, mentally I do..... I'll get past it, just has not been a good day...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah you don't need it if you are still that high in carbs and no you're not flat. Fugger!! I will be going Keto Starting Sunday.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I hope I don't die. My winni is liquid and the bottle is about the same size as my text. Both unlabeled. Well being in a hurry I drank a ml of of text this morning instead of winnie :yikes: