MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You look good man, with 10 weeks to go you have got this. Don't sweat the fat on the stomach. Also arch your back in your Most Muscular to point your chest up more and square out your shoulders. You are hiding a lof of mass with the folded in look you have now to your Most Muscular.

Also on your Rear lat spread, you need to spread your lats and your scapula. You are trying to flex things that need not be flexed and loosing valuable inches of lat width. You can not contract your back and then display width. You spread the lats out, no flexing the back at all. Just spread the back, have a slight arch and your back should be leaning back a little so that the judges who are below you can actually see your upper back development. Once you get the spread then you just do an isometric contraction of the rear delts and traps. If you can't figure out how to get them to pop try standing near a wall facing it. Maybe an inch or two away from it then try to do your lat spread, when you do it make your elbows touch the wall. When you do your lats should basically just drop out from under your arms.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I still have a lot of work on my posing. I have honestly only practiced a few times :oops: so when I take my pics it is more of a "I'll do this pose or that one just to try to show progress" Though I do know that if my poses are better they will show even more than what i am now ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Chest shoulders cardio

Flat bench-
225 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5
315 x 5
DROP 225 x 10

Incline DB-
90's 4 x 8
DROP 60's x 10

Dips- elbows flared
BW +45lbs 2 sets 15

Pec dec-
100 2 x 25

Bent over rear laterals-
25's 3 x 8

Single arm cable side laterals-
20 4 x 10

Front cable raises-
20 3 x 10

20min HIIT on elliptical

Didn't have a lot of "push" in me today. Been a long week though and even though I was off work today, I layed around most of the day and then hit the gym.
Trying to convince myself not to go out for a cheat meal. I'm cruising along pretty good eating like I should and don't want to stop ;)

I did practice a few poses at the gym and see a few areas I can change to make them look better. I noticed on my side chest I should really be lifting my chest more which made it look a lot bigger. That pose and side tri I seem to be leaning/looking down some, and they both need a lot of work. I'll get them right before my show, right now I am just focused on leaning out and coming in, in DreamWeaver words "Fuggin Shreaded" !!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. I still have a lot of work on my posing. I have honestly only practiced a few times :oops: so when I take my pics it is more of a "I'll do this pose or that one just to try to show progress" Though I do know that if my poses are better they will show even more than what i am now ;)
Look man you are putting in an awful lot of work to waste it not displaying it correctly. Ideally at 10 weeks out should already have some of your routine in mind and pretty much be able to hit your mandatory poses at a moments notice without needing a mirror to correct yourself. You really need to up your game there. You have a good enough physique that if you come in dry and full your posing is going to be what determines if you place or not. All the working out and stuff you are doing is great but there is only one skill you need on stage and you can't get it from the gym, cardio or lifting weights. That is posing it is the only skill there is in bodybuilding as far as being a competition. As much in gear and everything else you have spent on this... I HONESTLY THINK YOU WOULD BE DOING YOURSELF A DISSERVICE NOT GETTING A POSING COACH! If you have experienced people who can help you out then great get on that but if you do not, then find a coach in your area and at least set up a session or two with them.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Look man you are putting in an awful lot of work to waste it not displaying it correctly. Ideally at 10 weeks out should already have some of your routine in mind and pretty much be able to hit your mandatory poses at a moments notice without needing a mirror to correct yourself. You really need to up your game there. You have a good enough physique that if you come in dry and full your posing is going to be what determines if you place or not. All the working out and stuff you are doing is great but there is only one skill you need on stage and you can't get it from the gym, cardio or lifting weights. That is posing it is the only skill there is in bodybuilding as far as being a competition. As much in gear and everything else you have spent on this... I HONESTLY THINK YOU WOULD BE DOING YOURSELF A DISSERVICE NOT GETTING A POSING COACH! If you have experienced people who can help you out then great get on that but if you do not, then find a coach in your area and at least set up a session or two with them.
Advice taken and understood.

I do have someone, actually a few people to help with my posing, I just hadn't started yet. I will start now.
Also I have my routine I was going to do last time recorded so I will watch it and do any tweaking I think I need to and start practicing it also.

Thanks for the "slap up side the head wake up call MrKleen73 "

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Better ?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn straight

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Saturday just always seem to be my day off. No gym, no cardio. Did facetime my brother earlier and worked on posing. I was shaky and sweating by the time we got done haha. He wants me to practice everyday from here on. So guess what I'll be doing? :)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to start posing after every gym session. It's the hardest part of the whole prep/comp.

You look right on track for ten weeks out.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't use your thumbs here. Use a fist to pull with cause you will be slick on stage. Also lean back a tiny bit on rear shots. The judges are below ya.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm gonna comment....

Pull your Glutes in on the back shot. Bring biceps down a bit. Rotate forearms back some.

Most muscular looks good. Legs legs.

Legs legs legs on the abdominal thigh.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Again legs tight.

Keep working on the lats.

Bring the front double down like a pulldown then flare the lats out and rotate your arms back at the shoulder. So like a rotator cuff hinge back. Should pop the lats more.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Side chest - use the off side bicep to push the Pec up. Bring your shoulders back square. You're tilting a bit and it's eliminating any upper chest shelf there. Keep tension on your front side bicep with the off hand and pull your front forearm out and the bicep will pop.

Triceps - gotta work on ROM. You're extremely hunched up here. Bring the shoulders back. This is a triceps pose but the serratus and Pecs should be banging too.

Also try to bring your feet a little closer together and bend the knees a tad more on the front shots. You have some good wheels and that should make then look wider with the slight bow it will cause.
Keep working! Looking awesome.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Big thanks to Montego1, didn't realize you were following ;)

We wen through some of the changes you talked about last night, and then there were some you said we didn't touch on. So thanks man, appreciate it.
And I agree, it is very tough hitting them after a workout.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big thanks to Montego1, didn't realize you were following ;)

We wen through some of the changes you talked about last night, and then there were some you said we didn't touch on. So thanks man, appreciate it.
And I agree, it is very tough hitting them after a workout.
Keep working on it EVERY DAY. 20 minutes. It'll pay off huge and posing helps with conditioning a ton as well as some positive effects on muscle growth.

I was short sighted on posing going into my first show. Thanks to a certain fellow named Mr.Kleen working with me a few times I got quite a bit better but I was nowhere near above average on my poses.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Waist looks small today!!!

Boom!!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Building them wheels today !!

Leg press- Feet low and close today
12 plates 2 x 12
14 plates 2 x 12
16 plates 2 x 12

Bulgarian split squats- holding DB's
40's x 10
45's x 10
50's x 8

Leg extensions-
170 4 sets 12
Drop 120 x 6
Drop 90 x 6
Drop 60 x 6

Seated calf raises-
90lbs 3 x 20

Wanted to cry doing the drop sets on the leg extensions. I actually did a rest pause on the last set to get my reps in, my legs where on fire!!!
Tanned after my workout today and will practice posing in a bit. I was going to at the gym but the cardio room with mirrors was being used. Although the lighting is very good in the tanning room, I did notice I could see a very clear 6 pack :D

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
199-200lbs right now

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
back looks huge and thick.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
OK the big news?

I got the managers position at may gym, Anytime Fitness ???

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK the big news?

I got the managers position at may gym, Anytime Fitness ������
Whoo hoo! that was the surprise, congrats...livin the life

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
OK the big news?

I got the managers position at may gym, Anytime Fitness ������
Last pic looked pretty awesome man! Gotta love the shots that just come out great! Congratulations on the new gig!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I am pretty excited about it. The gym is smaller right now and they really want it to grow so I get to be part of it. What is better than spending your day in the gym, training people, learning more, and getting paid at the same time? :D
MrKleen73, I was going over some of the changes I needed to make on my posing with my wife and she wanted me to take my shirt off to be able to "see" if it made any difference, that is when she snapped the pic ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Back and cardio today

Deadlifts-
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5
405 x 5 Nice to pull some weight again

Meadow rows-
90 x 8
115 x 8
135 x 8

Pulldowns-
200 3 sets 8, then 5 partials on last set

DB shrugs-

100's 2 x 20
95's 1 x 25

20 min HIIT

Hadn't pulled 405 in a long time. Not that I couldn't, the weight felt good, I just quit doing deads for awhile. Felt good to lift it, I even held it locked out for 10-15 sec before I set it back down lol

Spent quiet awhile in the office at the gym going over some things with the owner. I needed to give my employer 2 weeks notice, but she has me scheduled 7-1 every day so I might just go to the gym when I get off and do my training for the position from 1-6 everyday until I start full time.

Nervous but excited at the same time !

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats man! Good money to be made managing a successful fitness chain.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats you deserve it all the best in the new position

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just left an Anytime Fitness.. Horrible place lol I hope yours is better than mine was!!

Actually I'm sure it will be with you managing it.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I just left an Anytime Fitness.. Horrible place lol I hope yours is better than mine was!!
Lol. Ya. What happened at yours??

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lol. Ya. What happened at yours??
It was just small, only had one barbell. It was basically just a more expensive Planet Fitness.. Way more expensive. Plus the management team was a bunch of dildos. I'm sure there are way better ones out there, just the one by me sucked. Lol

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
It was just small, only had one barbell. It was basically just a more expensive Planet Fitness.. Way more expensive. Plus the management team was a bunch of dildos. I'm sure there are way better ones out there, just the one by me sucked. Lol
Haha, no ours isn't that bad. It is small but has just about everything you need. And there are two guys who own 3 different ones, this one being one of them. I will be the only actual manager there, plus a few trainers. So I will work hand in hand with the owners.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haha, no ours isn't that bad. It is small but has just about everything you need. And there are two guys who own 3 different ones, this one being one of them. I will be the only actual manager there, plus a few trainers. So I will work hand in hand with the owners.
That's cool, congratulations man! I hope you enjoy it!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Got a quick arm session in today. Nothing special. Guess I am going to need to start adding some more vids or something, make this log a little more interesting haha.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Oh it's interesting. You've been slaying it in here! Looking a lot better this go around than your last go.. Congrats on the new gig too, that's awesome!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Oh it's interesting. You've been slaying it in here! Looking a lot better this go around than your last go.. Congrats on the new gig too, that's awesome!
Thanks man. After looking back we decided the T3 I was on was over dosed. There was weeks I would lose 5-7lbs without much effort. Lost a lot of muscle mass :( thankfully I gained most back !

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got a bit behind but I see you're steadily progressing!!! Looking awesome! Congrats on the manager gig! I know you've been looking for better opportunities for a while!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks love2liftkat ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
MrKleen73 tygatyga DreamWeaver

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On your quarter turn, you need to twist your torso a little more towards the judges.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1441166574.003542.jpg

See how my legs are staggered as well? I'm mashing my right knee into my quad and hamstring to fill it out.

You're posing IS getting better though.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good physically still well ahead. Front lat spread can be tricky but if you move your elbows further forward and leaned back a bit you may get a better result. Remember that trick on the back relaxed shot where you roll you shoulders back and down to increase width.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Well I tried to rep you both ^^^ but can't yet haha.

Didn't get a workout or cardio in yestarday. Worked 7-1 at my part-time job, then trained at my new job from a little after 1-6. Came home, ate real quick, then went and helped with Awanas at our church from 6:30 to 8. Got home at 8:30 wore out !!

Had the same schedule today, but was able to train and do cardio late in the day.

Chest and shoulders

The bench was tied up for quiet awhile so I just added in a few incline sets and dips

Incline DB bench-
80's x 8
90's x 8
100's 2 x 8

Dips- elbows flared
BW +45lbs 3 sets 15,15,12

Bent over rear laterals-
25's 4 x 10

Seated side laterals-
25's 4 x 10

Front DB raises- alternating
35's 3 x 10

30 mins HIIT on elliptical

We raised my cardio to 35 mins a session, but it may take a few days to work more time into my schedule. The next week and a half is going to be crazy. Not including this weekend I will be working both jobs next week too. But after next Friday I will be just working one and get on schedule.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know what it's like holding down a high stressed job and prepping, I have to admit the job suffered most.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
197.6 :) down about 2 lbs, gotta pick up the pace some though...

Sorry my posting has been kind of sporadic lately. Been very busy. I did get a leg (quad) workout in this morning. I just haven't been very motivated, but have GOT to change that. I am 9 weeks out today!

Leg press- a few warm up sets, then working sets with 3 sec negatives
4 plates x 20
8 plates x 20
12 plates x 10
14 plates 3 sets 8 with negatives

Bulgarian split squats-
45's 3 x 8

Leg extension- single leg, back and forth no rest
140 2 x 20 each leg

Single leg calf raises in leg press machine- no rest between sets
200 4 x 15 each leg

No cardio today.

Headed out of town to different places the next 3 days so I will be taking food with me to keep on track.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
40 min HIIT this morning, about killed me haha.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dang, that's a whole lotta calories.