MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking sharp, no need for a refeed yet. This is the suck it up part. You got this just keep your eye on the prize.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I agree; your carbs are still high, so i wouldnt worry with a refeed!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I looked at my diet earlier. This is where I'm at now

Cals 3,113***

Fats 110.5
Carbs 230.0
Protein 288.4

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Starting 2 a days today. **** !!!!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
45 mins fasted hiit this morning. 13 on stair climber. 32 on elliptical.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Smoothed out some. All this freaking cardio !

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
195.6. I though I had lost this last week but looked and my weight hadn't changed. Dammit. This week's increase in cardio better do something !

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't get caught up in the scale.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Don't get caught up in the scale.
I know :(

I was actually just looking back comparing pics over the last week to reassure myself I was still headed in the right direction.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah in your case in particular fat loss and weight loss is not always the same thing. Even when I am taking some milder anabolics my weight will stay the same at times.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Right now really the only concern is getting close enough to the bottom of light heavy to be able to push on down to middle weight the last week when I push out water. I'm 5'8" and if I compete at 180 I may have a tough time against the light heavies.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Didn't get my cardio in last night. Homecoming dance was last night so I spent my gym time taking pictures of my boys and their dates ;)

Made up a little for it this morning and did 50 mins HIIT ! UGH

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Mixed things up a little at the gym. I get bored easy with my routine and at this point I need to do what I can to stay motivated.

Chest bis and tris

Flat DB bench- 1 and 1/2 reps, except I did the half rep then a full rep = 1rep
80's 3 sets 8 1.5 reps

Incline smith machine-
185 3 sets 10

High cable crossovers-

3 sets 12

Reverse bench preacher curl DB's- Stood on opposite side of preacher curl bench
40's 3 sets 8

V-grip pushdowns-
3 sets of 21's

The 1.5's got my chest freakin pumped !!! I didn't do much for bis and tris but felt like I had a pretty good workout all around.
Went through my evening show routine 3 times and tweaked it some more. I need to keep practicing so I can do the transitioins a little smoother.

Got 45 mins cardio in again tonight. 5 min jump rope, 20 mins stairs, 20 mins elliptical Phew !!! Bout killed me tonight !

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Right now really the only concern is getting close enough to the bottom of light heavy to be able to push on down to middle weight the last week when I push out water. I'm 5'8" and if I compete at 180 I may have a tough time against the light heavies.
I would not cut extra size to make a lower weight class, you want to present your best physique whatever weight that is. Make sure you don't sacrifice any muscle trying to get into a weight class. By the way these new pictures look much tighter to me than most of the recent ones. The veins on your abs are visible all the way up. The skin looks tighter and thinner on your abdomen too. To me you look leaner and tighter all the way around.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Now I'm nervous as hell!!! Just sent my brother a totally relaxed pose and he's like "what the hell, it looks like your going the wrong way!"

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lets see that one then... These last pics still look better too me. It could be that the light is not washing you out as bad. I just see more detail here.

How are you feeling water wise? Do you feel you are retaining or anything? I know MK is making me hold water aren't you on it too? Very curious...

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
No mk , cjc w/dad. Don't feel like I'm holding water.... We revised my diet and Supps this morning.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Compare to just this morning flexing

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No mk , cjc w/dad. Don't feel like I'm holding water.... We revised my diet and Supps this morning.

Even if you went back which I can not tell since I did not see a perfectly relaxed shot from before this one you are still well within striking distance. No need for any panic. What did you change in the diet?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Dropped 3oz sweet potatoes. 4oz protein. Minor changes but lowered my calories a bit.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dropped 3oz sweet potatoes. 4oz protein. Minor changes but lowered my calories a bit.
Depending on the meat source were talking around 200 cals lower a day, not too bad.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Chicken ;)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don't look like you backslid at all. IMO I wouldn't change the dieting yet since you just started the two a days cardio. Just my thought

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Sorry didn't update last night. Had my son's football game out of town and didn't get home until late.

Legs yesterday

Leg press-
14 plates 4 sets 15

SLDL-
225 4 sets 8

Single leg extensions-
100 4 sets 8

Standing leg curls-
3 sets 10

no cardio

Today back and bis

Pull-ups-
BW 4 sets 8

Single arm seated rows-
3 sets 10

Bent over DB rows-
50's 3 sets 15

Cross body hammer curls-
4 sets 10

Single arm cable curls-
3 sets 12

Double bi high cable curls-
3 sets 25

20 mins HIIT on stairs
25 mins HIIT on elliptical

Going to cut carbs in half every day for the next 2-3 days and go no carbs 1-2 days to see how I deplete, then load and see what happens. Kind of a test run to a smaller degree. Not looking forward to it, but I have been going with 230 carbs a day for awhile so it's about time ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Should see some changes quickly with that.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Idk, looks like a little bloat and water retention to me from that pic. You have been on several compounds.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
How the ball game go?
Went good. They won 16-6. Had a interception and ran a 99 yard touchdown!!! Then my boy caught a hell of a pass. Bad part is he had two defenders on him and got hammered as soon as he caught it!!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You look good man! Your serratus is poppin! Still doing yourself a disservice on the side tricep... You need some mobility help lol with your big muscle bound self

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
You look good man! Your serratus is poppin! Still doing yourself a disservice on the side tricep... You need some mobility help lol with your big muscle bound self
Lol. Thanks man. I'm going to start stretching periodically through out the day at work. I'm very tight when doing that pose as you can tell.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah almost there really.

Ashstandrews

Ashstandrews

Awards
  • Established
Lol. Thanks man. I'm going to start stretching periodically through out the day at work. I'm very tight when doing that pose as you can tell.
Do you foam roll any? A foam roller or a tennis ball (for smaller areas) can help loosen you up and help the mobility

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Stretch your pecs, and then retract your scapula and push that chest out. This should help you reach around and keep your chest from looking smaller from the side. If you can't get your back hand around to grab the front arm then hold the front arm down straight with your triceps press into your lats.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Stretch your pecs, and then retract your scapula and push that chest out. This should help you reach around and keep your chest from looking smaller from the side. If you can't get your back hand around to grab the front arm then hold the front arm down straight with your triceps press into your lats.
Do you foam roll any? A foam roller or a tennis ball (for smaller areas) can help loosen you up and help the mobility

I do some foam rolling but not much with my shoulders.

I'll do some more stretching and try like you said Kleen.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I keep missing a day or two updating. With my two a day cardio and working I am at the gym from 8 in the morning to 7-7:30 at night so I don't have much time at home. I am updating from work right now ( shhh ;) )

Dropping water pretty quick depleting. I was 192.6 this morning. So down a few lbs in just a few days. I'll only get 27 carbs today and none tomorrow. Probably take new pics in the morning to compare. Then either Saturday or Sunday carb back up.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Should be interesting.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
If anyone ever says the physical part of competing is the hardest I'm gonna tell them their full of ****!! Mentally it's freaking draining!! Ya I have to put myself in a zone during cardio sometime to get thru it, but this ****s tough

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
191.6 this morning so down about 3lbs in 3 days.

The first pic was earlier this week. Second is this morning.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Looking at them on here instead of my phone I am deffinately flatter and my quads even look smaller :(

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Still vascular as hell !!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick leg workout this morning. Nothing fancy, but still had to really push to get through it.

Leg press-
5 sets 15

Lying leg curls-
4 sets 12

Seated calf raises-
4 sets 20

Done. Shower. Work.

Not sure how this no carb thing is going to work at the end of my prep. I woke this morning kind of shakey and dazed. Been that way on and off all morning...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Join the club for dazed. You will adjust to it somewhat but you're going to have your spaced out moments. No so sure you need to be so extreme though.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Join the club for dazed. You will adjust to it somewhat but you're going to have your spaced out moments. No so sure you need to be so extreme though.
Ya it sucks. And I am carbing back up tomorrow. We just did a short depletion to see how I responded and then see what I look like Sunday after carbing up. I'll then keep my carbs higher for the next four weeks before dropping them again ;)

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
You have some great serratus development!!!