debating on blowing off a job interview, bad move?

jack98

Awards
I found it on an online job website, looked up thier website, and it looked good so i submitted my resume.

well, i did some more research and there are alot of people complaining the company just scams recent college grads and basically uses you as slave labor below min. wage.

so obviously, i dont want the job. should i blow it off or call and cancel?

I know the "right decision" is to call. but considering they were going to try to scam me, i dont know if i owe them that respect.

jack98

Awards
dont know if i should name the company online or anything, but its not a big company. Its a small "marketing company"

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I found it on an online job website, looked up thier website, and it looked good so i submitted my resume.

well, i did some more research and there are alot of people complaining the company just scams recent college grads and basically uses you as slave labor below min. wage.

so obviously, i dont want the job. should i blow it off or call and cancel?

I know the "right decision" is to call. but considering they were going to try to scam me, i dont know if i owe them that respect.
You dont owe them anything but you as a good hearted individual and you should do it just so you know your doing the right thing. I'm a team lead at my day job and I dislike a lot of coworkers under me for work ethic reasons but I still owe them the respect of treating them nice and doing things for them as well as the others. What I'm trying to say is I always do what I feel is best and right in my mind and heart so I would suggest you do the same but thats just me. :wave2:

also side note I'm the type of guy that if I get pulled over and ticketed by a cop I shake his hand and say thank you. In my mind he is stopping me from continuing my bad behavior

jack98

Awards
i know what you mean. i know blowing it off would not be a class thing to do.

but there is a difference in treating your coworkers bad and treating someone you have never met. you have to see them everyday. i wont ever see these people.

kingjmack

kingjmack

Awards
Bad move? Probably. Bad Karma? Definately. I would at least call and tell them you wont be there so they can schedule someone else.

jack98

Awards
Bad move? Probably. Bad Karma? Definately. I would at least call and tell them you wont be there so they can schedule someone else.
its tmrw at 11. so they wont be scheduling neone else adn their name is all over ripoffreports.com

so it kinda pisses me off

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Is it selling cutco products with Vector Marketing? They are always trying to get college students to apply.

They call you up and tell you it's easy 17 dollars an hour, then they make yiou give them like 10 of your friends phone numbers. YOU pay for training. It's a huge rip off. My friend did it and barely made enough to pay for the knife set they made him buy. lol

And of course they called me for about a year and all of our other friends too.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone blowing them off can mean anything; why don't you call them and confront them about it, and THEN tell them that you won't be coming to the interview.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
also side note I'm the type of guy that if I get pulled over and ticketed by a cop I shake his hand and say thank you. In my mind he is stopping me from continuing my bad behavior
So true. They're doing the job they're paid by us to do; keep order.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Blow it off. I found myself in the same exact situation once I graudated college. Except I actually wasted an entire day on the interview. It was flat out weird. Sort of like a cult. But at the end of the day they hired me (it was a Friday). Over the weekend I heard from numerous people nothing but bad things about this place, so I just didn't show up on Monday. That's that. Chances are pretty damn good that this place is just taking advantage of you. Blow it off...who cares.

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
haha that cutco sh*t is such bs. but to the OP do what you want but if your really pissed off then call them to tell them your no longer interested. when they ask you why tell them the truth and that there rip offs.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Just call the hiring manager, or HR and tell them that you are no longer interested and thank them for their time, period. That's all you need to do and it's a done deal ... If they ask why then just say that you have found other interest and will be pursuing those interest...

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
well he stated that hes pissed off they waisted his time after finding out that they were rip offs. so why not be honest and tell them why hes no longer interested?