Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@enhanced
How many grams of Vitamin C are you up to?
Not sure I mentioned it and too lazy to go look, but my wife was taking 2g per hour with an additional 2g every meal.
how is your wife doing?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
diben admin should make exceptions for people who have had the virus-science is showing natural immunity most likely has better protection from variants than vaccine...and science also says it's unnecessary for those who have had the virus to get vaccine....it is bullshyt to put penalties/restrictions on those who have had virus and not vaccinated, imo.

c,mon diben---follow the science!!!
The more I do research on acquired immunity vs vaccine immunity in terms of the China virus, I do very much agree that acquired immunity isn’t being given enough consideration/credit. While I haven’t seen anything scientific suggesting aquired immunity is superior to vaccine immunity in regard to variants, I have found data suggesting quite the opposite. Personally, I do take that with a grain of salt though to be honest. Along those same lines, it is suggested that people with acquired immunity that then receive vaccination are nearly invincible. At least for a while..

Whether we gain our antibodies through acquired immunity or vaccination, we will all be susceptible to variants down the line regardless.

Remember last summer when transmission was still high yet symptomatic illness and hospitalization was very low? I still see that as having been our prime window for people being able or willing to let their guard down and likely come down with a mild or even asymptomatic case. However, the downside to asymptomatic cases or extremely mild cases is that you don’t build the same level of acquired immunity as someone who recovered from a more severe illness. I suppose that is also likely the reason that some people with acquired immunity may be more susceptible to the variants.

Essentially, it all seems to come down to how effectively one’s own immune system responds to the antigen through recovering from the virus, or through vaccination.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The more I do research on acquired immunity vs vaccine immunity in terms of the China virus, I do very much agree that acquired immunity isn’t being given enough consideration/credit. While I haven’t seen anything scientific suggesting aquired immunity is superior to vaccine immunity in regard to variants, I have found data suggesting quite the opposite. Personally, I do take that with a grain of salt though to be honest. Along those same lines, it is suggested that people with acquired immunity that then receive vaccination are nearly invisible. At least for a while..

Whether we gain our antibodies through acquired immunity or vaccination, we will all be susceptible to variants down the line regardless.

Remember last summer when transmission was still high yet symptomatic illness and hospitalization was very low? I still see that as having been our prime window for people being able or willing to let their guard down and likely come down with a mild or even asymptomatic case. However, the downside to asymptomatic cases or extremely mild cases is that you don’t build the same level of acquired immunity as someone who recovered from a more severe illness. I suppose that is also likely the reason that some people with acquired immunity may be more susceptible to the variants.

Essentially, it all seems to come down to how effectively one’s own immune system responds to the antigen through recovering from the virus, or through vaccination.
my wife and i had the virus back in march and had very mild symptoms after being told for over a year that over 60 like us would have very bad symptoms and likely need hospitalization....since then we have been exposed to several people who tested positive and we are great. btw-soon after our 14 day quarantine i resumed my training for 7k race and last month completed it in 31 minutes-thus debunking another tale that there would be long term respiratory issues after catching covid.

maybe my wife and i are just genetically superior to the rest of the human race-eh?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my wife and i had the virus back in march and had very mild symptoms after being told for over a year that over 60 like us would have very bad symptoms and likely need hospitalization....since then we have been exposed to several people who tested positive and we are great. btw-soon after our 14 day quarantine i resumed my training for 7k race and last month completed it in 31 minutes-thus debunking another tale that there would be long term respiratory issues after catching covid.

maybe my wife and i are just genetically superior to the rest of the human race-eh?
You must be part Chinese 😑

After all, they have still only had 93,374 cases, with only 4,636 deaths 🤣🤣🤣. While the US has had 36,279,938 cases and 631,816 deaths.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

After all, they have still only had 93,374 cases, with only 4,636 deaths 🤣🤣🤣. While the US has had 36,279,938 cases and 631,816 deaths.
isn't it odd---all of those deaths and my wife and i have had colds worse than covid?

we aren't chinese, just genetically superior human beings-eh?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
isn't it odd---all of those deaths and my wife and i have had colds worse than covid?

Well, we all know you don’t go by the name thebigt for nuthin!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, we all know you don’t go by the name thebigt for nuthin!
prayer has gotten me through worse things than covid...88, 000 die from alcohol each year and in 2019 there were 70,000 deaths from drugs..i have been drug and alcohol free for over 20 years---you do the math!!!

covid can kiss my arse.....i have personally known at least 10x more people who have died from drugs and alcohol than covid.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

whilst I appreciate they locked down hard I am extremely suspicious of this. In theory this really contagious virus was spreading unhindered in China for several months before we knew what it was. How the fcuk did it stay that contained ??

The uk, usa etc all knew it was coming and at least had a go at containing it as soon as the first case appeared (something obviously the Chinese couldn’t have done).

the numbers just seem impossible imo

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

There may very well be a genetic relationship to covid. My entire family, and I mean my entire family. Brothers and older parents all got the Rona. Probably from each other, we were all 100% absolutely fine and never took time off from work. I do wonder if our genes helped us. Could also just be protection from above. I don't know.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
covid can kiss my arse.....i have personally known at least 10x more people who have died from drugs and alcohol than covid.
I’m sure we can all say that. The longer we all face China virus restrictions and lifestyle detriments, the more we we will also see drug and alcohol problems escalate as well.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
whilst I appreciate they locked down hard I am extremely suspicious of this. In theory this really contagious virus was spreading unhindered in China for several months before we knew what it was. How the fcuk did it stay that contained ??

The uk, usa etc all knew it was coming and at least had a go at containing it as soon as the first case appeared (something obviously the Chinese couldn’t have done).

Yeah, I was completely being sarcastic. I think that’s pretty close to where they were at over a year ago in China. I don’t think anyone puts any credibility toward those numbers.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@enhanced
How many grams of Vitamin C are you up to?
Not sure I mentioned it and too lazy to go look, but my wife was taking 2g per hour with an additional 2g every meal.
Yeah, I remember you telling me that. I somewhat tried it today. Yesterday, I slept almost all day.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I remember you telling me that. I somewhat tried it today. Yesterday, I slept almost all day.
How is your SpO2 doing tonight? Curious if you ever checked to see if your two different pulse oximeters were correlating at all?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m sure we can all say that. The longer we all face China virus restrictions and lifestyle detriments, the more we we will also see drug and alcohol problems escalate as well.
if i were still a user, the dumbass policies of diben admin would have me done in. still can't believe that hypocritical SOB puts restrictions/penalties on unvaccinated american citizens, all the while busing untested/unvaccinated illegals all over the country...it's no wonder this isn't being talked about on mainstream media.

i can't believe even democrats/liberals aren't OUTRAGED by this hypocritical bullshyt policy????

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There may very well be a genetic relationship to covid. My entire family, and I mean my entire family. Brothers and older parents all got the Rona. Probably from each other, we were all 100% absolutely fine and never took time off from work. I do wonder if our genes helped us. Could also just be protection from above. I don't know.
i never underestimate the power of prayer!!!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Agreed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

house intelligence committee reports makes convincing conclusion that coronavirus was leaked from a lab in wuhan--the same lab facci cast doubt on it being cause, and same lab that faucci played a role in funding?

all faucci had to say when asked for comment---'i'm from the government and i'm here to help'.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

trump shut down flights from china and democrats fought him all the way...schumer called it racist [imagine that]

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

40 vaccinated persons autopsied within two weeks
In Baden-Württemberg, the pathologists therefore worked with public prosecutors, the police and resident doctors, reports Schirmacher. More than 40 people have already been autopsied who died within two weeks of being vaccinated. Schirmacher assumes that 30 to 40 percent of them died from the vaccination. In his opinion, the frequency of fatal consequences of vaccinations is underestimated - a politically explosive statement in times when the vaccination campaign is losing momentum, the delta variant is spreading rapidly and restrictions on non-vaccinated people are being discussed.

Schirmacher received a clear contradiction from other scientists. The statements that there is currently too little knowledge about side effects and the dangers of vaccination are underestimated are incomprehensible, said the Paul Ehrlich Institute. In particular for serious reactions, which also include when a person dies after a vaccination, there is a reporting obligation under the Infection Protection Act. "I do not know of any data that would allow a reasonable statement to be made here and I am not starting from an unreported number," said the head of the Standing Vaccination Commission, Thomas Mertens.

There is no reason to assume a high number of unreported vaccination complications or even deaths, emphasized the immunologist Christian Bogdan from the Erlangen University Hospital. "There can also be no question of neglecting the possible dangers of COVID-19 vaccines." The last few weeks and months in particular have shown that the surveillance system is working well. In Germany, for example, the rare occurrence of cerebral vein thrombosis after vaccination with Astrazeneca (1-2 cases per 100,000 vaccinations) was recognized as a complication, says Bogdan.

Schirmacher insists on his opinion. “My colleagues are definitely wrong because they cannot assess this specific question competently,” he responded. He doesn't want to spread panic and is by no means opposed to vaccinations, says the professor, who says he himself had himself vaccinated against corona. Vaccination is an essential part of the fight against the virus, he clarifies. But you have to weigh up the medical reasons for vaccination individually. From his point of view, the "individual protection consideration" is overlaid by the idea of a rapid vaccination of society.

The Federal Association of German Pathologists is also urging more autopsies of vaccinated people. This is the only way to exclude or prove connections between deaths and vaccinations, says Johannes Friemann, head of the autopsy working group in the association. However, from his point of view, too little autopsies are carried out to speak of an unreported number. “You don't know anything yet.” General practitioners and health authorities need to be made aware of this. The federal states would have to instruct the health authorities to order autopsies on site. The Federal Association of Pathologists requested this in a letter to Health Minister Jens Spahn (CDU) in March. It went unanswered, says Friemann.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's the first report of autopsies done on the vaxxed.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

It actually did not stay that contained. There is an organization that uses satellite imagery of hospitals to track the comings and goings of the amount of cars at hospitals. In JULY of 2020 several hospitals started seeing a dramatic rise in vehicles at hospitals in China, and the numbers only continued to grow as time went on. That combined with the fact that there has been verified autopsies done on citizens of the U.S. in Oct/Nov of 2020 that showed the virus in there systems, it shows us that this has been around alot longer than any of us think.

I personally know of several people who had older love ones pass from a mysterious aggressive pneumonia before thanksgiving last year. And no one knew what was going on.

We have been dealing with this for a VERY long time

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Everyone responds differently. I had covid (actually believe I had it twice with the 2nd time being not as bad) and I never got the shortness of breath or bodyaches. Had a fever for 2 to 3 days of 101, but that was it. Friend of mine who is same age, same activity level it fwucked him up. Could barely get out of bed for a week. I dont know the reason why it hits some worse than others, but we can't deny the seriousness of this

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you all for the prayers!! My day ended yesterday with no fever and no fever yet today!!!
I have prayer warriors everywhere! My twin brother is in Sturgis right now and he says he's got half of Sturgis praying for me too!! Lol
I love you all!! Such an awesome community here!!!
Right now, it's just shortness of breath and a basic cup of coffee taste like absolute shiiit!!
Blood 02 is holding steady at 95.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you all for the prayers!! My day ended yesterday with no fever and no fever yet today!!!
I have prayer warriors everywhere! My twin brother is in Sturgis right now and he says he's got half of Sturgis praying for me too!! Lol
Right now, it's just shortness of breath and a basic cup of coffee taste like absolute shiiit!!
Great news to hear BROTHER!!!!!!!!!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Right on! Keep that vitamin C and supplements and we'll keep praying!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Everyone responds differently. I had covid (actually believe I had it twice with the 2nd time being not as bad) and I never got the shortness of breath or bodyaches. Had a fever for 2 to 3 days of 101, but that was it. Friend of mine who is same age, same activity level it fwucked him up. Could barely get out of bed for a week. I dont know the reason why it hits some worse than others, but we can't deny the seriousness of this
so true. mine was more like how Trump described his, "a general sense of unwellness". I never truly got "sick" or uncomfortable. however my wife was pretty sick for a couple days.

last week it almost got into my head that I could have had it again although I'm not seeing good science to back up a lot of repeat cases (only repeat positive tests). Last week for four days I had severe body aches. Like toweling off post shower was painful to touch the skin, headache, cold sweats, massive fatigue, and sweating through my bed sheets horribly on the last day. HOWEVER, it was also the end of a 3 month HARD cut, massive stress at work and in life, no calories, etc etc so I'm chalking it up to a carb flu since nobody else in my life was sick during that time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man, i can't tell you how many people have told me they feel better after i told them i had prayed for them!!!

unbelievers call my belief system a fairy tale---i include those unbelievers in my nightly prayers.

forgot to add how happy i am you are feeling better and i think it's great that so many at sturgis are believers!!!

GOD BLESS

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Feeling better. No fever. Just shortness of breath and no taste.. Going absolutely stir crazy! The wife is gonna kill me when she gets home. Lol. This tiny yard had me winded!!
20210807_154615.jpeg

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe my 3 year old son has COVID right now. Last night he wouldn’t eat some of his favorite foods because he said they taste bad now (clams, potatoes, crab meat and lobster tail meat). He was uncomfortable all night and his body was very hot to the touch, but his forehead wasn’t that hot. So I gave him liquid ibuprofen in the middle of the night. I just checked his temp this morning and he was 104.7 temp!!! He looks pale and lethargic. He never gets sick. I am going to take him to a drive through rapid tasting center now.

M

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is what confuses me, he most likely has covid. Going thru a drive through and getting a positive test does not make him better. Stay home and do the proper protocol for fever/ flu. If he can't breathe take him to the hospital.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is what confuses me, he most likely has covid. Going thru a drive through and getting a positive test does not make him better. Stay home and do the proper protocol for fever/ flu. If he can't breathe take him to the hospital.
Well it’s important to know if it’s COVID or just the flu (that is not extinct btw). They (him and 5 year old brother) are supposed to start school tomorrow so it is important to know if they should stay out of school for the full 14 days even after he gets better.

Well his mom doesn’t want me to get tested so not going to get it done anyway.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'd prefer to know what illness it is since it could be flu, strep, covid, etc.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe my 3 year old son has COVID right now. Last night he wouldn’t eat some of his favorite foods because he said they taste bad now (clams, potatoes, crab meat and lobster tail meat). He was uncomfortable all night and his body was very hot to the touch, but his forehead wasn’t that hot. So I gave him liquid ibuprofen in the middle of the night. I just checked his temp this morning and he was 104.7 temp!!! He looks pale and lethargic. He never gets sick. I am going to take him to a drive through rapid tasting center now.
Fever is finally coming down. It was 104, 102 and now 100. He is starting to talk again so I know he is starting to feel better now.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There was some earlier warnings in the pandemic that advised against ibuprofen as ibuprofen increases ace2 receptors on the surface of cells, and ace2 receptors are what covid 19 binds to.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
way back when my kids were that age if they had a 104.7 temp i would be rushing them to hospital-damn, man that is a high temp!!!

i don't think my kids ever had a temp that high......

prayers going out for your son, hope he has a fast recovery!!!

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There was some earlier warnings in the pandemic that advised against ibuprofen as ibuprofen increases ace2 receptors on the surface of cells, and ace2 receptors are what covid 19 binds to.
I was going to say the same then I checked the latest updates and it seems this is not the case anymore. But better be safe and use tylenol instead maybe.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I been alternating ibuprofen and Tylenol for him every 3 hours. He’s fever has gone way down and he is feeling and looking a lot better at the moment.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
way back when my kids were that age if they had a 104.7 temp i would be rushing them to hospital-damn, man that is a high temp!!!

i don't think my kids ever had a temp that high......

prayers going out for your son, hope he has a fast recovery!!!
It was the highest fever I have seen in my kids. If he was in respiratory distress or visual distress then I would have taken him to the hospital.