Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wow. What happened in this thread? lol

I might need to look at our iodine intake. I get enough in eggs, but now that we switched multis again, I didn't even look at that too compare...

Update: my wife's nausea didn't last until today so she doing well again. Daughter is getting better too. And my son and I continue to have no symptoms. All great things. Thanks for the support all.
glad to hear wife and daughter are doing well....can't help but think the prayers have helped!!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
(avoid signaling inflammatory pathways) with large dose vitamin D3, zinc 2x day, chaga, astragalus, mega dosed vitamin C ( but not ingested same time as zinc)
I've been fighting a low grade fever since Thursday morning. Slight body aches. Nothing, absolutely nothing else.. The fever has been in & out, with the highest being 99.9
Even when I'm not running a fever (according to the thermometer), I have chills and skin feels funny..

Ive been taking everything that's been recommended on this thread.

Curious though. Why separate the vitamin c and zinc?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I personally have 2 friends who greatly benefitted from ivermectin.
I also considered the fact that big pharma doesn't want to see ivermectin at the big boy table.
i remember how many knocked remdesivir when trump recommended it.

was this knock purely political?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Probably.. My wife & I were just talking about this yesterday. If this wasn't so politicized, life would be so much better. It's really sad that it's come to this.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've been fighting a low grade fever since Thursday morning. Slight body aches. Nothing, absolutely nothing else.. The fever has been in & out, with the highest being 99.9
Even when I'm not running a fever (according to the thermometer), I have chills and skin feels funny..

Ive been taking everything that's been recommended on this thread.

Curious though. Why separate the vitamin c and zinc?
I don’t know if they have negative interactions with absorption for each other, but in general you ideally want vitamin C with meals and Zinc inbetween meals for best absorption.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Respectfully, no, it has not.

“Based on the current very low‐ to low‐certainty evidence, we are uncertain about the efficacy and safety of ivermectin used to treat or prevent COVID‐19. The completed studies are small and few are considered high quality. Several studies are underway that may produce clearer answers in review updates. Overall, the reliable evidence available does not support the use ivermectin for treatment or prevention of COVID‐19 outside of well‐designed randomized trials.”
Bret Weinstein and Dr. Kory completely disagree with what the link you’ve provided. Seems like they’ve been able to extrapolate data from multiple countries, which theoretically refuted the study in the link your provided.

Besides, ivermectin is safe, so why not try it if you get sick?

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This stuff is so screwy. It is just too many people drawing lines in the sand.

People thinking it is like manslaughter are stupid.

I also find it humorous people like to throw out the fictitious .02% risk of dying as a reason that you shouldn't be afraid of the virus, but then turn around and state that you SHOULD be afraid of a vaccine because of a .001% risk.
You make a great point, sir.

We choose not to vaccinate as my wife went deaf in her left ear after a tremendous fever following a round of vaccinations when she was a child.

It’s made her life harder than it should have been, so when people get up in my face about not vaccinating, I generally tell them to “**** off” as we’ve seen the effects of vaccine complications first hand.

And then they generally looked shocked and say “oh I’m so sorry!”

And then I say “mind your own business.”

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don’t know if they have negative interactions with absorption for each other, but in general you ideally want vitamin C with meals and Zinc inbetween meals for best absorption.
Thanks!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've tried to not comment on this thread as I get charged up and don't have a "way" with words as many of you do. I'm much more simple and to the point.

MAVUP-

As someone pointed out......why not take Ivermectin? It is safe and I've personally seen it work. The same with hydroxychloroquine....It is safe as well and if it doesn't work then no harm...no foul. Being cheap and effective is something big pharma doesn't want to hear............follow the $$$$ and see the corrupt politicians who benefit from big pharma and their "donations"

I had Covid last July with 15 other rig hands offshore- I had to go to 4 doctors to finally find one to give me hydroxychloroquine- I felt better immediately although my symptoms were never that bad..... every rig hand that I know who got really sick from it was either obese/fat/out of shape or had other health issues.........

Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin could have save many lives.........................................

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
oh and I forgot..........I probably got close to being fired for raising so much hell that these idiots shut down the gym on the rig............chapped my ass so bad! lol!

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh, BTW, I tested positive today..
I think this is inevitable because of the way they test for it right? you could test positive by having the virus in your nasal cavity but not actually infected.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh man, I'm sorry. Glad to hear you're already taking everything here. How much vitamin C and D though?
D3 - 10,000iu
C - 5g+
Zinc
Turmeric
Nac
Quercetin
Two different types of multi vitamins that my wife sells
Rx aleve for fever
Melatonin at night
Oscillococcinum (homeopathic anti viral)
Elderberry.

The wife is going to find some ivermectin for me today.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The 5 of us didn't do anymore than a multi while having covid and we were fine in less than a week for us adults. Kids nothing, got the whole neighborhood together so they could pass it along and get it over with.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
D3 - 10,000iu
C - 5g+
Zinc
Turmeric
Nac
Quercetin
Rx aleve for fever
Melatonin at night
Elderberry.

What brand and dose of quercetin?

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Bret Weinstein and Dr. Kory completely disagree with what the link you’ve provided. Seems like they’ve been able to extrapolate data from multiple countries, which theoretically refuted the study in the link your provided.

Besides, ivermectin is safe, so why not try it if you get sick?
Have you read the entire systematic review I posted, as well as all my other responses? Either way, Kory et al. The review you’re talking about includes Elgazzar 2020 and Niaee 2020, the former which is DEMONSTRABLY fraudulent, Plagiarized, cooked data, etc., and the latter which was NOT properly randomized based on the PCR positivity between groups. I **** you not, you can look at the raw data from Elgazzar and see that 79 subjects were fraudulently duplicated (the password to the pdf of the data that they wouldn’t release is 1234). You’re missing the extent to which the ivermectin reviews like kory et al. And sites like ivmmeta ride on two studies that are not credible. Fun fact: those reviews rated each study as “low risk of bias” and were later found to have falsified data and lacked randomization between groups. What does that say about their methodology to assess for bias and error? To paint a clearer picture, here are the data:

the positive effect on clinical outcomes like death demonstrated in ivermectin reviews like Kory, Hill, ivmmeta, etc. are HEAVILY influenced by studies that are some combination of fraudulent, not properly randomized, and discredited.

the methodology of these reviews was not able to identify these faults, and as far as I know, ivmmeta hasn’t removed them from their analysis. These are just the two major examples; Carvallo 2020 is under fire and looking to follow the same trajectory, and that’s not even exhaustive as far as criticisms of other studies.

I stand by my the assertion that based on rigor, transparency, and methodology, the Cochrane Review is the most accurate representation of the empirical evidence available right now. There is just as much credible data to say that ivermectin helps clinical outcomes as there is that it results in less favorable clinical outcomes. that warrants large scale clinical trials and a degree of caution that ivermectin super fans are ignoring. I could give a **** if adults want to take or not take ivermectin under the supervision of a doctor, but the overly positive view of ivermectin as a silver bullet against Covid is creating a potentially harmful narrative. Since the standard of evidence ITT is perfectly accepting of anecdotes, I will reference the repeated instances of parents giving horse paste ivermectin and fluvoxamine to five and six year olds without physician supervision or breastfeeding women asking the internet if they are going to hurt their 4 month old because they’re not sure if ivermectin concentrates in breast milk. Keep in mind that there is LIMITED research on ivermectin in patients that are compromised with pathology like Covid. IVERCOR (n=500) demonstrated a statistically significant increase in time to ventilation for ivermectin vs. placebo - does that guarantee that’s the case? No, the study is underpowered despite being the largest RCT on ivermectin to date, so it shouldn’t be ignored, but should be verified by large scale clinical trials like TOGETHER, ACTIV-6, and PRINCIPLE.

im in the gym right now so I may come back with a more comprehensive and detailed response, but when other responses are clutching to anecdotes and observational data and the suppression of ivermectin by big pharma $$$. Which, thank you for not saying that, by the way, as my concerns regarding ivermectin are entirely scientific. Almost every single thing I’ve posted on ivermectin is verifiable through statistics, reading studies to find blatant fraud and cooked data, or rigorous, well-established protocols and methodology for clinical RCTs (like Cochrane protocols, randomization, adherence to CONSORT guidelines, pre-registration, predefined primary clinical endpoints, statistical power).

also, in case it isn’t clear by reading the entire Cochrane review, it includes relevant RCTs from other countries, and is simply more strict than Kory et al. based on pre-defined and accepted selection criteria against bias and methodological errors. Why that matters: Kort et al. rated two fraudulent or improperly randomized studies as “low risk for bias,” whereas the Cochrane methodology clearly identified these issues and rightfully excluded them. You can also look at the review by Hill et al. and see that Andrew Hill changed his stance to go against his own meta-analysis upon discovering the compromised Elgazzar and Niaee studies, because he is informing his opinions based on RCTs.

I’m not going to advocate against a consenting adult taking or not taking ivermectin (because I’m not a doctor and none of this is medical advice), but I’m going to call out claims that are verifiably incorrect or deliberately ignore valid, contradictory evidence. I don’t see why it would be irrational to hope that people make informed decisions based on all the evidence available. I would personally want to know if there is some credible evidence that ivermectin might actually have a negative effect on Covid clinical outcomes.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thankfully, her symptoms only consist of runny nose, congestion, mild cough and a little fatigue. No fever or any other trademark symptoms. I hardly believed she was sick at all honestly but she knew something wasn't right. She's taking 600mg NAC twice per day, >10g vitamin C per day, 5000iu vitamin D, multi, GutHealth, and starting tomorrow GTE and olive leaf extract. Anyone else take anything that helped their symptoms if they had it?

I'll likely be starting quercetin tomorrow and maybe the NAC. But for me since my BP runs a little high, I'm concerned about the bizarre thing NAC can do.
Is this for real or just FUD like a lot of mainstream beliefs about supplements? Any thoughts on any of this great appreciated. And if you're a praying man (or woman), we would greatly appreciate prayers for healing and safety in our family. Thanks.
elderberry supps

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have you read the entire systematic review I posted, as well as all my other responses? Either way, Kory et al. The review you’re talking about includes Elgazzar 2020 and Niaee 2020, the former which is DEMONSTRABLY fraudulent, Plagiarized, cooked data, etc., and the latter which was NOT properly randomized based on the PCR positivity between groups. I **** you not, you can look at the raw data from Elgazzar and see that 79 subjects were fraudulently duplicated (the password to the pdf of the data that they wouldn’t release is 1234). You’re missing the extent to which the ivermectin reviews like kory et al. And sites like ivmmeta ride on two studies that are not credible. Fun fact: those reviews rated each study as “low risk of bias” and were later found to have falsified data and lacked randomization between groups. What does that say about their methodology to assess for bias and error? To paint a clearer picture, here are the data:

View attachment 207256
View attachment 207257
the positive effect on clinical outcomes like death demonstrated in ivermectin reviews like Kory, Hill, ivmmeta, etc. are HEAVILY influenced by studies that are some combination of fraudulent, not properly randomized, and discredited.

the methodology of these reviews was not able to identify these faults, and as far as I know, ivmmeta hasn’t removed them from their analysis. These are just the two major examples; Carvallo 2020 is under fire and looking to follow the same trajectory, and that’s not even exhaustive as far as criticisms of other studies.

I stand by my the assertion that based on rigor, transparency, and methodology, the Cochrane Review is the most accurate representation of the empirical evidence available right now. There is just as much credible data to say that ivermectin helps clinical outcomes as there is that it results in less favorable clinical outcomes. that warrants large scale clinical trials and a degree of caution that ivermectin super fans are ignoring. I could give a **** if adults want to take or not take ivermectin under the supervision of a doctor, but the overly positive view of ivermectin as a silver bullet against Covid is creating a potentially harmful narrative. Since the standard of evidence ITT is perfectly accepting of anecdotes, I will reference the repeated instances of parents giving horse paste ivermectin and fluvoxamine to five and six year olds without physician supervision or breastfeeding women asking the internet if they are going to hurt their 4 month old because they’re not sure if ivermectin concentrates in breast milk. Keep in mind that there is LIMITED research on ivermectin in patients that are compromised with pathology like Covid. IVERCOR (n=500) demonstrated a statistically significant increase in time to ventilation for ivermectin vs. placebo - does that guarantee that’s the case? No, the study is underpowered despite being the largest RCT on ivermectin to date, so it shouldn’t be ignored, but should be verified by large scale clinical trials like TOGETHER, ACTIV-6, and PRINCIPLE.

im in the gym right now so I may come back with a more comprehensive and detailed response, but when other responses are clutching to anecdotes and observational data and the suppression of ivermectin by big pharma $$$. Which, thank you for not saying that, by the way, as my concerns regarding ivermectin are entirely scientific. Almost every single thing I’ve posted on ivermectin is verifiable through statistics, reading studies to find blatant fraud and cooked data, or rigorous, well-established protocols and methodology for clinical RCTs (like Cochrane protocols, randomization, adherence to CONSORT guidelines, pre-registration, predefined primary clinical endpoints, statistical power).

also, in case it isn’t clear by reading the entire Cochrane review, it includes relevant RCTs from other countries, and is simply more strict than Kory et al. based on pre-defined and accepted selection criteria against bias and methodological errors. Why that matters: Kort et al. rated two fraudulent or improperly randomized studies as “low risk for bias,” whereas the Cochrane methodology clearly identified these issues and rightfully excluded them. You can also look at the review by Hill et al. and see that Andrew Hill changed his stance to go against his own meta-analysis upon discovering the compromised Elgazzar and Niaee studies, because he is informing his opinions based on RCTs.

I’m not going to advocate against a consenting adult taking or not taking ivermectin (because I’m not a doctor and none of this is medical advice), but I’m going to call out claims that are verifiably incorrect or deliberately ignore valid, contradictory evidence. I don’t see why it would be irrational to hope that people make informed decisions based on all the evidence available. I would personally want to know if there is some credible evidence that ivermectin might actually have a negative effect on Covid clinical outcomes.
Cool story, bro!

And by the way, ivermectin works!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh, BTW, I tested positive today..
you are a healthy guy and a lot younger than my wife and i.....my money says you will be just fine, my wife and i had very mild symptoms for a few days and that was it.

at any rate say a prayer for wellness, prayer is a powerful thing!!!

btw-i will say a prayer for you and anyone around you that might be affected, my friend!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 207256
View attachment 207257

I’m being genuine when I say this: this is a great argument for your stance, respectfully delivered, and I respect your skepticism.

But for the love of lifting, don’t be playing on your phone like this while training! You will never accomplish anything with such distractions. Time between sets should be spent resting, preparing, visualizing for the next. My phone stays in my bag unless my wife calls me with an emergency only.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m being genuine when I say this: this is a great argument for your stance, respectfully delivered, and I respect your skepticism.

But for the love of lifting, don’t be playing on your phone like this while training! You will never accomplish anything with such distractions. Time between sets should be spent resting, preparing, visualizing for the next. My phone stays in my bag unless my wife calls me with an emergency only.
literally my exact thought when I read that post. It is excellently written but damn, that’s not a 60s post and there is no way that isn’t messing with training 😂

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Thank you for the advice brother, I agree entirely. I was actually just waiting on pick-up basketball games to join. The way pick up games go between playing of just watching I tend to have downtime waiting so naturally I’ll be on my phone then. I also say “gym” as a generalization for lifting, basketball, swimming, cardio, sauna, etc. since my gym has all of those and I use it for each, sometimes combinations of those. It was more to indicate that because of where I was, I wouldn’t have access to different studies that I have saved on my computer, statistics thats I have run myself and saved in excel, and my response not being as well thought out as it would be if I were home. I don’t lift on Sundays anyway but I am at the gym for basketball. Of course, nobody would have any way of knowing that, especially since I said “in” instead of “at,” which would indicate lifting. Nonetheless, I agree with the sentiment around phones, distractions, and training.

edit: removed personal information

Last edited:

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you for the advice brother, I agree entirely. I was actually just waiting on pick-up basketball games to join. The way pick up games go between playing of just watching I tend to have downtime waiting so naturally I’ll be on my phone then. I also say “gym” as a generalization for lifting, basketball, swimming, cardio, sauna, etc. since my gym has all of those and I use it for each, sometimes combinations of those. It was more to indicate that because of where I was, I wouldn’t have access to different studies that I have saved on my computer, statistics thats I have run myself and saved in excel, and my response not being as well thought out as it would be if I were home. I don’t lift on Sundays anyway but I am at the gym for basketball. Of course, nobody would have any way of knowing that, especially since I said “in” instead of “at,” which would indicate lifting. Nonetheless, I agree with the sentiment around phones, distractions, and training.

edit: removed personal information
All that mess you typed yet unless I overlooked it..............is Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine are safe...........why not use them? .

Crickets is all I hear.............. I know dozens of people who got better fast using those...........yet you'll never hear about it because we weren't part of any "studies"..............

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
All that mess you typed yet unless I overlooked it..............is Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine are safe...........why not use them? .

Crickets is all I hear.............. I know dozens of people who got better fast using those...........yet you'll never hear about it because we weren't part of any "studies"..............

Flawed studies at that….

And as if a study that shows they work will NOT get censored?

“Come on, man!”

Amazon quit selling NAC for Christ’s sake. That should be enough evidence that the Gov and Big Tech are doing everything they can to silence any individuals that have evidence of therapeutic treatment so they can force vaccines!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would just point out that, "I took x and got better" is no more proof than, "I took x and got sick".

There are numerous, numerous cases of people taking some supplements, like ephedrine,and having strokes and most of us would question such heresay.

I would often argue, that person was also drinking water, how do we know water didn't cause the stroke.

Why is the standard different for something on the other side?

Also, @theswede , I hadn't even heard about the NAC stuff. Crazy FDA. They are super flawed for sure.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would just point out that, "I took x and got better" is no more proof than, "I took x and got sick".

There are numerous, numerous cases of people taking some supplements, like ephedrine,and having strokes and most of us would question such heresay.

I would often argue, that person was also drinking water, how do we know water didn't cause the stroke.

Also, @theswede , I hadn't even heard about the NAC stuff. Crazy FDA. They are super flawed for sure.
Yeah man? I hadn’t either until I listened to one of Paul Saladino’s podcasts, his guest was Evan Brand.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

View attachment 207256
View attachment 207257

Man, it is good to have some competition in here for long posts. Also know what training for the thumb Olympics is like. I feel like Larry Bird watching Michael Jordan come into the league.

Typing all that out on your phone, with links and charts. Impressive.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
D3 - 10,000iu
C - 5g+
Zinc
Turmeric
Nac
Quercetin
Rx aleve for fever
Melatonin at night
Elderberry.

Lugol's Iodine my man. Just make sure you're not allergic to Iodine (rare). Look up dosing protocols for it for flu/colds and do "X" drops every 2 hours in a shot glass with a iced tea/gatorade/etc until you feel better.

EDIT: to those unaware, you cannot ingest IODINE you buy at CVS, it has to be Lugol's Blend Iodine...check Amazon.

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Man, it is good to have some competition in here for long posts. Also know what training for the thumb Olympics is like. I feel like Larry Bird watching Michael Jordan come into the league.

Typing all that out on your phone, with links and charts. Impressive.
Haha, I feel honored, but I have lots of work to do! I believe I remember a thread with you and thebigt talking about how he had the most posts but you took the title for the number of “winded” posts, lol.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'd love to know the vitamin D, C and zinc status of all these people who get knocked down from covid so hard, particularly the ones who appear to be poster children of health.

But not sure where I posted this here, but we do know people who died from the vaccine.

I'll give you my feedback from experience.
My ex wife, and our son both had rona, her new husband somehow despite living with her never tested positive. My wife, her daughters, myself, and both of my parents (60yrs old) all had it.

my wife's one daughter who does not take care of her self and is extremely malnourished by choice passed out twice, her mom caught her before she hit her head on the ground, called paramedics and gave her fluids. That was her first symptom, so her dehydration wasn't caused by rona but her own lifestyle choices.

every other person I listed above was fine. my mom and dad at 60 got hit less hard than my wife who is 48, however she stresses way too easily and having the girls home from college was already making her a basket case. having one pass out in her arms made things worse. Having me in a different state at the time made it 3x worse for her. most of her rona illness was 100% stress related.

I was in AZ on a trip and felt like I was about to get a cold for a few days. but never got fully sick. i let my wife talk me into getting tested while I was down there because you can get in serious trouble for flying with the rona back then. we figured better safe than sorry, so I did and got stuck with 2 more weeks of vacation.

Daily morning routine was:
vitamin C, Vit D, echinacea, and elderberry syrup. a bowl of Pho whenever I could find it. I washed my morning cocktail down with gatorade. I went for a 2 mile run every day. at one point I lost my sense of taste for a couple hours on a saturday night. so I switched to cheaper bourbon and played video games with my boy. I lost my sense of smell for a few days but nothing bad.

my wife's was more like a really bad head cold, but nothing compared to the flu. she was just run down for about a week. we are extremely healthy people though who especially during the winter take our vitamins seriously (we live in the dark cold PNW).

My aunts death was coded c19 so I won't say covid is a cake walk for everyone, but in my experience it was less than seasonal allergies. I do believe that is largely because of how I prepared my body to face it. I believe 1/2 the reason my parents were completely unaffected by it was because they're mentally strong and do not succumb to social media paranoia.

OR, i just come from superior genes. IDK

I hope your wife is doing better and heals very fast. with so much 'news' out there it's very easy for your head to play games with you!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the biggest 'lasting' symptom my wife and I both had was a few extra days of general fatigue. hers lasted a few days longer than me, it could be that she's 10 years older than me but honestly whenever her kids are around she gets so stressed out she makes her self sick anyways, since before C19 so I think most of her issues were stress related.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

im taking ephedrine right now and haven’t had a stroke…,,, thus giving a statistic of 100% safety brother 👌😂

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
believe 1/2 the reason my parents were completely unaffected by it was because they're mentally strong and do not succumb to social media paranoia.
all the inflated claims could possibly induce a nocebo effect id think

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
all the inflated claims could possibly induce a nocebo effect id think
My dad and I both 100% believe that the fear mongering is screwing with peoples minds and making things far worse than they have to be for many people. I am the ornery type so when I tested positive I was like **** this, and turned on my A game. I wasn't going to let it take me down.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haha, I feel honored, but I have lots of work to do! I believe I remember a thread with you and thebigt talking about how he had the most posts but you took the title for the number of “winded” posts, lol.
lol....i feel like i am on a island!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I forgot about the loss of taste, smell and appetite. That part sucked as well. 2 wks of having to force 500 calories at a time of anything I could speed eat before getting sick/full. No taste for 2 weeks for sure, no smell for a month+ and diminished for a couple months after that.

My stepdaughter was trying all these things she was reading about online to get her smell/taste back. She had me grilling oranges to mash with brown sugar (which was tasty but didn’t work) and flicking the back of her head (which does work due to the nerve mapping there but must be continually used repetitively at meals to retrain the sense).

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I forgot about the loss of taste, smell and appetite. That part sucked as well. 2 wks of having to force 500 calories at a time of anything I could speed eat before getting sick/full. No taste for 2 weeks for sure, no smell for a month+ and diminished for a couple months after that.

My stepdaughter was trying all these things she was reading about online to get her smell/taste back. She had me grilling oranges to mash with brown sugar (which was tasty but didn’t work) and flicking the back of her head (which does work due to the nerve mapping there but must be continually used repetitively at meals to retrain the sense).
I just kept sticking my nose as deep into my bourbon bottle as I could and was like "nope, still can't smell it". I also checked my armpits regularly and got a little nervous that I couldn't smell anything.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I lost taste and smell last night. Totally sucks..
Also, when I take a deep breath, I get winded. Sounds like the shortness of breath is coming. I'm out on the street walking, trying to keep the blood flowing.
I have some bronkaid on hand. Would any of you recommend starting that?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I lost taste and smell last night. Totally sucks..
Also, when I take a deep breath, I get winded. Sounds like the shortness of breath is coming. I'm out on the street walking, trying to keep the blood flowing.
I have some bronkaid on hand. Would any of you recommend starting that?
keep active...my wife and i quarantined at lake house and did a lot of hiking...when 14 days was up i went back to training for 7k race...we tested positive back in march and i ran a 7k race last month.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, every time I've felt the sniffles or a sore throat coming on, I hit a massive 500 swing kb workout or something ridiculous. At the least, I know I'm still alive, lol.