Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
100%. 2020 election was a complete scam perpetrated by the democrats just like they did in 1876 with the red shirts. BLM/ANTIFA, COVID, all of it a fake scam way to control the narrative and lead us into destruction. some 66-70% of American's polled this week already said they didn't think this would happen under Trump.

Russia invaded Georgia under Bush
Russia invaded Crimea under Obama/Biden
Invaded nobody under Trump
Russia Invades Ukraine under Biden
what do you think about that audio clip of trump recently? the one where he says it's clever and smart to declare those parts of Ukraine as indipendant so Russia can invade. at the very end he says "it's very sad" but the whole time he sure sounds envious of Putin until that point

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what do you think about that audio clip of trump recently? the one where he says it's clever and smart to declare those parts of Ukraine as indipendant so Russia can invade. at the very end he says "it's very sad" but the whole time he sure sounds envious of Putin until that point
oh I agree with him that Putin may be a level of evil genius. if you can target regions of your enemies land that are filled with rebels then it may create an easy takeover zone

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
after seeing those democrats not wearing masks last night i almost miss the days of masks...geez, dem dems be not so pretty!!! o_O

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
New omicron subvariant apparently coming out (or released I should say)...tired of this.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe Finland just cancelled all covid mandates, stating the best solution was for everyone to get natural immunity because the vaccine isn't working very well. someone else in another group of mine posted a picture from a pediatrics office stating they would not clear students for sports physicals if they are vaccinated without further lab work due to the risk of cardiac events from the vaccine

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe Finland just cancelled all covid mandates, stating the best solution was for everyone to get natural immunity because the vaccine isn't working very well. someone else in another group of mine posted a picture from a pediatrics office stating they would not clear students for sports physicals if they are vaccinated without further lab work due to the risk of cardiac events from the vaccine
i wonder what the his excelence the reverend fauci has to say?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Haven't been sick for 2 years except covid at Thanksgiving...until now :mad:
Actually got a regular cold!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haven't been sick for 2 years except covid at Thanksgiving...until now :mad:
Actually got a regular cold!
haha I had a cold about a month ago or so. it hit me a bit harder than covid did. actually let myself take cold medicine (dayquil) for the first time in years. Everyone says, "did you get tested"? uh, no.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
haha I had a cold about a month ago or so. it hit me a bit harder than covid did. actually let myself take cold medicine (dayquil) for the first time in years. Everyone says, "did you get tested"? uh, no.
I forgot how much I dislike this lol

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
still never got covid here. havent had a cold since December 2019 right before the pandemic. wonder if I got alpha. I'm too lazy to get an antibody test tho

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
as a phy-assistant, ive worked for doc's who push statins and then some smarter ones against it. the two cardiologists i worked for were against pushing statins except for those with very high/family related levels. the normal 'DO's' shoved them down everyones throat.
doctors are totally oblivious to most issues caused by auto immune disorders too. i hate that a large majority of the population put blind trust in doctors while half the time they are guessing a treatment, and if it doesn't work that's totally normal try the next drug. that's the exact same thing I would do, but I'm crazy for suggesting doing peptides instead of surgery cuz the FDA doesn't want to approve stuff that will put drug companies out of business.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So, my wife has covid again, so I'm back. This case is easier for her. There's a lot of contradictory info out there on reinfection. Some says natural immunity lasts at least 18 months, but others say your 2-3x as likely to be hospitalized and die with reinfection. This is so ridiculous.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
well 18 months is an improvement, they used to say 3 months, and then 6 months but I would guess since we were only 3 and 6 months into the pandemic back then that's all they knew.

How is she doing? she's a few days into it now right?

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So, my wife has covid again, so I'm back. This case is easier for her. There's a lot of contradictory info out there on reinfection. Some says natural immunity lasts at least 18 months, but others say your 2-3x as likely to be hospitalized and die with reinfection. This is so ridiculous.
I got it when delta was at its height and again when omnicron was at its height. More symptoms with delta. Only a cough and sore throat with omnicron

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
well 18 months is an improvement, they used to say 3 months, and then 6 months but I would guess since we were only 3 and 6 months into the pandemic back then that's all they knew.

How is she doing? she's a few days into it now right?
She's doing well. She's 3 days in, and said today it feels more like a nasty sinus infection. It started with a headache, sore throat and fever, but none of the scary symptoms like shortness of breath and fast heart rate.

I got it when delta was at its height and again when omnicron was at its height. More symptoms with delta. Only a cough and sore throat with omnicron
Nice. Not even any stuffiness? How long did symptoms last?

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
She's doing well. She's 3 days in, and said today it feels more like a nasty sinus infection. It started with a headache, sore throat and fever, but none of the scary symptoms like shortness of breath and fast heart rate.

Nice. Not even any stuffiness? How long did symptoms last?
8 days for delta and maybe 4-5 for omnicron. Stuffiness for delta but not omnicron. Delta also gave me really bad chills

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
8 days for delta and maybe 4-5 for omnicron. Stuffiness for delta but not omnicron. Delta also gave me really bad chills
I had really bad chills and night sweats my first go around, but unsure if it was delta or omicron because i had it right when the 2 were transitioning.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I always find it hard to identify the full duration of a sickness cause I feel like I 'know' its coming on days before it does. know what I mean?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I always find it hard to identify the full duration of a sickness cause I feel like I 'know' its coming on days before it does. know what I mean?
I know what you mean. My initial "pre-covid" lasted 2 days where I just thought I was achy from walking 15 miles per day at Universal Studios, then the kicked in and I knew. But this time for my wife, she just hit hard day 1 with the worst of it and didn't have a clue before. I was convinced she had flu before she got tested.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The length of natural immunity post-infection will also be based on your health, co-morbids, etc. Not one size fits all.

Anecdotal info for the group: Wife and I got it in Jan 2021. She had 8-10 cases of close contact (4+ hours working alongside someone who had it) at the school district she works at. Her first re-infection was in Nov 2022. I slept next to her every night, never tested positive.

Fortunately, like others who have posted here, her symptoms were much more mild compared to her original infection.

Glad to hear your wife is doing well.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The length of natural immunity post-infection will also be based on your health, co-morbids, etc. Not one size fits all.

Anecdotal info for the group: Wife and I got it in Jan 2021. She had 8-10 cases of close contact (4+ hours working alongside someone who had it) at the school district she works at. Her first re-infection was in Nov 2022. I slept next to her every night, never tested positive.

Fortunately, like others who have posted here, her symptoms were much more mild compared to her original infection.

Glad to hear your wife is doing well.
wild stuff. my ex wife got it and her husband never did, despite not changing at home lifestyles during that span of time. that was around feb/mar 2021.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That second part has to be fear mongering. I’ve had Covid 3 times. It was substantially less severe each time.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That second part has to be fear mongering. I’ve had Covid 3 times. It was substantially less severe each time.
That's what I was thinking, but they are legit pubmed studies. Anecdotally, my wife's case is proving to be less severe.

But man, how have you had it 3 times?!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Update here: wife is doing fine at day 6. She's currently walking back and forth in her quarantined room to get some steps 😆 She had a dramatic improvement from day 4 to 5 to today. Very, very different experience from her first time around.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update here: wife is doing fine at day 6. She's currently walking back and forth in her quarantined room to get some steps She had a dramatic improvement from day 4 to 5 to today. Very, very different experience from her first time around.
Glad to hear it!

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Update here: wife is doing fine at day 6. She's currently walking back and forth in her quarantined room to get some steps 😆 She had a dramatic improvement from day 4 to 5 to today. Very, very different experience from her first time around.
Fantastic news! Recovery just in time for the peak Christmas action

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oof 😅. Any symptoms or just a positive for now?
Yeah, symptoms, headache is the worst, otherwise low fever, body aches, elevated heart rate. But really, the symptoms I listed are pretty mild...not severe at all.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, symptoms, headache is the worst, otherwise low fever, body aches, elevated heart rate. But really, the symptoms I listed are pretty mild...not severe at all.
Damn. Only good thing about headaches are they are usually pretty treatable. I hope for a quick recovery for you!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's what I was thinking, but they are legit pubmed studies. Anecdotally, my wife's case is proving to be less severe.

But man, how have you had it 3 times?!
I travel, have an extensive social network, and don’t take any precautions. Living a full life will expose you to things I guess. 🤷🏽‍♂️

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I travel, have an extensive social network, and don’t take any precautions. Living a full life will expose you to things I guess. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Gotcha. We're similar except we haven't been on a plane in years. But i guess I would've hoped natural immunity would've helped more then that. Being my second going through this, I've determined this can't become a yearly thing. Heading down the rabbit hole of more covid prophylaxis...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Gotcha. We're similar except we haven't been on a plane in years. But i guess I would've hoped natural immunity would've helped more then that. Being my second going through this, I've determined this can't become a yearly thing. Heading down the rabbit hole of more covid prophylaxis...
My approach is a bit more like Thor's above. I just expose myself to everything that comes my way. When I am around people who are sick, I toss one of those vit c emergency packets in my shaker at work, and every morning I take my regular vitamins, like elderberry etc. but my personal self experiment is to see how I do in the world exposed to all the colds and viruses we always were before. I'm but a tiny sampling, yet results have been positive thus far.

I remind myself and my son that it's normal to get colds and the head game we play is the biggest part of the equation, IMO.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My approach is a bit more like Thor's above. I just expose myself to everything that comes my way. When I am around people who are sick, I toss one of those vit c emergency packets in my shaker at work, and every morning I take my regular vitamins, like elderberry etc. but my personal self experiment is to see how I do in the world exposed to all the colds and viruses we always were before. I'm but a tiny sampling, yet results have been positive thus far.

I remind myself and my son that it's normal to get colds and the head game we play is the biggest part of the equation, IMO.
I hear ya. My kids bring stuff home every day so there's a certain amount of things I'm exposed to all the time. For example, my daughter had the flu about a month ago, and I was definitely exposed. Funny how we catch some things and not others.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For anyone following here, covid round 2 was much easier than round 1. I'm day 5 and basically no symptoms left. And back to having insomnia 😆

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How have you guys returned to training after covid? Did you treat it like having anything else, i.e. just started back up when you felt fine regardless of days since symptoms? Did you wait the full 10 days after quarantine and take it slow due to the risk of myocarditis? Etc?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I never truly quarantined. out of respect for others I did not go inside stores or go eating out... I had groceries delivered and a laptop at curbside tossed in my truck to work. But I left the house every day to jog and a couple times to golf. I figure the golf was safe because i paid online, checked in online, walked to the first tee box and never interacted with anyone. some people might not agree with me but...

I was stuck in AZ for my 10 days (couldn't legally fly), so as soon as I got back I went to the gym and hit the gym. I had some fatigue and was easily winded for 4-6 weeks. so I did what I could and just kept at it as my conditioning improved again.

So I never stopped doing anything, but fatigue slowed me down a bit.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How have you guys returned to training after covid? Did you treat it like having anything else, i.e. just started back up when you felt fine regardless of days since symptoms? Did you wait the full 10 days after quarantine and take it slow due to the risk of myocarditis? Etc?
I began taking daily walks as soon as I could, which improved my cardiovascular fitness. I began shorter easier sessions with weights and resistance bands in my garage because even I fatigued quickly doing less, typical feel like when you are sick but it lingered for some time.

Just begin moving and pushing work capacity.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First bout with Covid I had to force myself to do what I could bc the lethargy. Second bout basically like after a normal cold.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First bout with Covid I had to force myself to do what I could bc the lethargy. Second bout basically like after a normal cold.
That's kind of what I was wondering about the second time.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I began taking daily walks as soon as I could, which improved my cardiovascular fitness. I began shorter easier sessions with weights and resistance bands in my garage because even I fatigued quickly doing less, typical feel like when you are sick but it lingered for some time.

Just begin moving and pushing work capacity.
Bingo. Not to sound too extreme but sometimes I do believe humans choose to live and choose to die. as well as choose to be sick and choose to be... less sick. The mind is incredibly strong and influential on our physical health. Surely we can't beat all illnesses just by choosing not be sick, but I do believe people can choose to make themselves sicker than necessary by rolling over and waving the white flag.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will also add the risk of myocarditis from Covid is very overstated and very much a way to get pressure off the vaccine causing the vast majority of it

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My new staple prophylactic for getting sick (besides high dose vitamin c) is methylene blue. It makes me feel pretty good and also makes my pee a cool blue color 😂 which is a neat party trick

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will also add the risk of myocarditis from Covid is very overstated and very much a way to get pressure off the vaccine causing the vast majority of it
agreed. I found it interesting taking my boy in for his sports physical before wrestling this year the doctor said they don't check for hernias anymore, they only check for heart inflammation. He couldn't come out and say whats what, he but he sorta spoke between the lines for me.