Wife Has COVID-19

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s their primary life and the real world is secondary. That’s why they don’t have time to work and find it irrelevant to living their virtual life. Wait, is this social media? 😮

Hmm...

I guess it’s different for everyone. I literally know like only 3 unvaccinated people.

1 is in her mid 30’s and is essentially a non-believer in all of it. She runs around and travels like nobody's business yet she also left her job from day 1 and took advantage of the government COVID unemployment the entire time it was offered stating she was too afraid to work in the public. She then chose to not get vaccinated. She’s pretty special..

Another is a fairly close friend of mine that I don’t see often these days who was a ”wait and see” person. He was also the person I used to play tennis with outside and when I occasionally burped, he would freak out because he was afraid of catching COVID and bringing it home to his parents (they all live together). His parents have since been vaccinated, yet he did not. He contracted COVID around Christmas time and the kids decided it would be best to move the parents out of the house to quarantine. My GF asked him why he never ended up getting vaccinated, and he said “well I am a healthy guy and I have always been extremely diligent with personal hygiene and I really don’t go anywhere.” My GF said “OK, and you just told me that you just got over having COVID.” They are pretty special too..

The other is my GF’s cousin, and he falls into the category of not trusting the vaccine because of its ties with the government. Meanwhile, we offered to take him out to a nice meal in a restaurant a few weeks ago and he declined as he said he was too afraid to catch COVID. 🤷‍♂️

Everyone definitely has their own unique view on COVID and vaccination..
Nobody in my family is vaccinated (60yr old parents, two brothers, nephews, niece, son, ex wife, etc), but on my wife's side, she and I are the only unvaccinated ones. Her entire family including her kids are all vaxed up. her kids all got vaccinated AFTER having COVID. they went to a party last march (college) came back with covid, gave it to their mom while I was away travelling to AZ. it didn't phase them at all, she had a cold basically. I coincidentally got it while in AZ and quarantined as I have mentioned, never got fully sick just felt like I was about to get sick for about a week so I doubled down on my vitamins. a month later the kids all ran out to get the vaccine to protect them from the disease they already had, weren't seriously ill from, and had recovered from. <-- that has never made sense to me.

my 60yr old parents and everyone else in my family got it around the same time. everyone's experience was the same as mine. my co-workers who got it were divided into two categories basically. some went home, laid in bed for a week and said they were sick but after recovery said it wasn't as bad as prior illnesses. the other folks basically pretended to never get sick and just lived with their 'cold'.

I come from a redneck town of farmers that has been publicly shamed in the past 6 months by local Seattle news for being so "anti mask". even the city council continued meeting which was shamed, and without masks, more shaming. My wife and I have had many more direct exposures with no issues. a couple weeks ago we were surrounded by probably 20 positive test results, all Omicron I'm sure as nobody had more than a runny nose, she stayed home sick for a few days with the same symptoms but tested negative. I never got sick, but a few times I got pho and doubled my vitamins because I thought "maybe I have a cold coming on", but again, it never hit.

now, in march of 2019 I was so sick I went to urgent care caused I was miserable, they discovered a heart defect. that's another story, but just saying, I have been quite sick in my life, lol.

To me it seems like our approach to all of this and our response is likely a direct result of our experiences. You are seeing the worst of the worst and it's likely shaping your perspective differently than me, who is seeing the exact opposite of you. every vaccinated person in my life honestly is APPEARING to be an idiot in my mind. I'm talking about masks when alone walking down the sidewalk, alone in their car etc etc then of course they give me a big maskless hug. (what??) the hypocrisy and lack of consistency drives me crazy. I have met 80yr olds while I was down in AZ who recovered from covid and said they didn't understand what all the drama was about.

so.............................. I'm not saying the stuff you're seeing isn't happening. I'm not bold enough to be a denier per se, but our experiences over the past 2 years are likely having a huge impact on our difference in perspective. I just haven't seen anything in my region to justify any of the tyrannical approaches we have accepted by our govt.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
quick follow up. I know this will make me sound like a loony, but there are truly times when I'm sitting at the counter thinking "something ain't right". there are times when my gut says "I just don't buy it".

I know that there are folks like Ricky who are swamped at the hospital and I do have respect for that. But I really struggle to wrap my head around it when I have seen soooooooo much COVID in the past 2 years in my region and zero justification for the alarms. again, my specific region sample size. but, "something ain't right".

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Another interesting tidbit:
I saw the first article I’d ever seen of NeoCov yesterday morning at 4am. My wife (uses google) could not find a single mention of the word in her search. Not one. Other browsers were spewing with articles.
They only show you what they want you to see.

Anyone who does not believe there is an agenda, cannot see the blatant propaganda on platforms like YouTube, is lying to themselves. Not only is it the nature of the content they display - it’s that there is no counter argument to be found, no obvious conspiracy theory looney crap. We know that stuff is also out there, so why is everything with any conflicting ideology or anything deemed misinformation being suppressed with such fervor??

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a month later the kids all ran out to get the vaccine to protect them from the disease they already had, weren't seriously ill from, and had recovered from. <-- that has never made sense to me.
This does defy logic, but it goes without saying plenty of people have done so nonetheless. Do you know why they chose to…did you ask them? Maybe for “hybrid immunity”, or maybe it was to not be limited by restrictions? Nobody I know personally has done so, but I have very few people within my circle (outside of work) that have had COVID since the start of the pandemic. Only two I suppose. One being the friend I play tennis with who remains unvaccinated (which I agree with at this point) who reported a mild illness.

The other being my best friend who came down with COVID on Christmas of 2020, so he was not yet eligible for vaccination regardless, but I know he would have gotten it. He reported being very sick and stated that it felt like razor blades were piercing his back every time he coughed. Unfortunately he was the one who died of an unintentional fentanyl OD while he was ill.

So within my circle of friends/family/distant relatives, the only ones who have had COVID (including Omicron) are those who have been unvaccinated. Surely I don’t anticipate this will be the case much longer. Based on this, I feel that the vaccines offer more protection from contracting the virus and spreading it in the first place than they are given credit for. We have had multiple family gatherings/holidays all along with some very at risk (age/obesity) people and nobody has gotten anything.

Without getting into anything scientific, I am just stating my subjective experience in my life outside the hospital setting. I am fully aware there is data/real life scenarios that suggest otherwise. I think we have been quite lucky in that regard. Or unlucky….some natural immunity would be nice too!
I'm talking about masks when alone walking down the sidewalk, alone in their car etc etc then of course they give me a big maskless hug. (what??)
Nobody in my circle does any of that…haha! Of course that is absolutely ridiculous behavior regardless of vaccination status.
To me it seems like our approach to all of this and our response is likely a direct result of our experiences.
Well yes, what we experience for ourselves with our own eyes always has the most influential impact on our decision making and perspective. The other side of the coin is that has definitely lead to the mentality of many people omitting the reality that lies within the hospital walls. It would shock the **** out of many people if they could see the immense numbers and severity of illness with these patients- even if they weren’t the picture of great health before contracting the virus.

It would have been more than eye opening for someone to follow me for even an hour of my shift during Delta…guaranteed. Also, while it seems we shy away from talking about Puccah, I think that should have been an eye opener for many on this board, and I think it was for a minute. Then, it wasn’t 🤷‍♂️

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the novavax vaccine looks more in line with traditional vaccines, but it has not been approved?

@Beau mentioned novavax in a different thread and i had to look it up since i had never heard of it?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This does defy logic, but it goes without saying plenty of people have done so nonetheless. Do you know why they chose to…did you ask them? Maybe for “hybrid immunity”, or maybe it was to not be limited by restrictions? Nobody I know personally has done so, but I have very few people within my circle (outside of work) that have had COVID since the start of the pandemic. Only two I suppose. One being the friend I play tennis with who remains unvaccinated (which I agree with at this point) who reported a mild illness.

The other being my best friend who came down with COVID on Christmas of 2020, so he was not yet eligible for vaccination regardless, but I know he would have gotten it. He reported being very sick and stated that it felt like razor blades were piercing his back every time he coughed. Unfortunately he was the one who died of an unintentional fentanyl OD while he was ill.

So within my circle of friends/family/distant relatives, the only ones who have had COVID (including Omicron) are those who have been unvaccinated. Surely I don’t anticipate this will be the case much longer. Based on this, I feel that the vaccines offer more protection from contracting the virus and spreading it in the first place than they are given credit for. We have had multiple family gatherings/holidays all along with some very at risk (age/obesity) people and nobody has gotten anything.

Without getting into anything scientific, I am just stating my subjective experience in my life outside the hospital setting. I am fully aware there is data/real life scenarios that suggest otherwise. I think we have been quite lucky in that regard. Or unlucky….some natural immunity would be nice too!

Nobody in my circle does any of that…haha! Of course that is absolutely ridiculous behavior regardless of vaccination status.

Well yes, what we experience for ourselves with our own eyes always has the most influential impact on our decision making and perspective. The other side of the coin is that has definitely lead to the mentality of many people omitting the reality that lies within the hospital walls. It would shock the **** out of many people if they could see the immense numbers and severity of illness with these patients- even if they weren’t the picture of great health before contracting the virus.

It would have been more than eye opening for someone to follow me for even an hour of my shift during Delta…guaranteed. Also, while it seems we shy away from talking about Puccah, I think that should have been an eye opener for many on this board, and I think it was for a minute. Then, it wasn’t 🤷‍♂️
Are you implying the vaccine stops the spread of Covid here?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the novavax vaccine looks more in line with traditional vaccines, but it has not been approved?

@Beau mentioned novavax in a different thread and i had to look it up since i had never heard of it?
I told y’all about Novavax many months ago, and I know Beau was very receptive to it. There were many hang ups along the way to the approval process, but it was definitely looking like it should have been approved my now. I wonder if it has been in other countries?
Are you implying the vaccine stops the spread of Covid here?
Not necessarily at all, and my name is not Joe Biden. I’m speaking purely on a superficial level in regard to my personal circle (not including work). I definitely endorse the fact that the vaccinated can and do carry/transmit the virus. At the same time, I personally do believe that it helps (maybe even just slightly) in both regards. And I don’t buy into the notion that the vaccinated are more transmissible of the virus at any phase, which has been debunked.

I’m just saying I believe it may act more like the influenza vaccine (when they hit it right) in this regard than it is given credit for. Of course this has receded more so in the real world in light of more contagious/transmissible variants such as Omicron for sure.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I told y’all about Novavax months ago, and I know Beau was very receptive to it. There were many hang ups along the way to the approval process, but it was definitely looking like it should have been approved my now. I wonder if it has been in other countries?

Not necessarily at all, and my name is not Joe Biden. I’m speaking purely on a superficial level in regard to my personal circle (not including work). I definitely endorse the fact that the vaccinated can and do carry/transmit the virus. At the same time, I personally do believe that it helps (maybe even just slightly) in both regards, and I don’t buy into the notion that the vaccinated are more transmissible of the virus at any phase.

I’m just saying I believe it may act more like the influenza vaccine (when they hit it right) in this regard than it is given credit for. Of course this has receded more so in the real world in light of more contagious/transmissible variants such as Omicron for sure.
since the novavax is more along the lines of traditional vaccines it is very suspect to me why it hasn't been approved---as someone who has been pro traditional vaccines and have gotten many this is a vaccine i would be tempted to get over the mRNA vaccines which i DO NOT TRUST!!!

they can go fvck themselves if they think i will get a current vaccine-even though it is closing in on a year since we have had covid my wife and i still have not been reinfected even though being around others who tested positive.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Denmark has decided to drop Covid restrictions.

Also that Canadian truck convoy is awesome.

The vax protest in dc was smaller than expected(still a good amount) but other countries that supposedly are less free are having massive protest. My suspicion, because it is on my mind a lot, is our authorities have scared many people from showing up to events after how they reacted to Jan 6. Especially with provocateurs(FEDs) instigating things.

You guys have any thoughts on this? Obviously several other things are at play, but just curious what you guys think.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

The vax protest in dc was smaller than expected(still a good amount) but other countries that supposedly are less free are having massive protest. My suspicion, because it is on my mind a lot, is our authorities have scared many people from showing up to events after how they reacted to Jan 6. Especially with provocateurs(FEDs) instigating things.

You guys have any thoughts on this? Obviously several other things are at play, but just curious what you guys think.
look at how biden's DOJ ordered FBI to treat protesting parents as domestic terrorists.

best bet is to vote democrats out of office like they did in virginia.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
look at how biden's DOJ ordered FBI to treat protesting parents as domestic terrorists.

best bet is to vote democrats out of office like they did in virginia.
I would definitely take my chances with a Republican over a Democrat but I am still nervous as I do believe a lot of people are a part of the uni party. Look at my state of PA…all that unconstitutional voting crap was put in place by republicans and Brian Fitzpatrick ex FBI votes with Democrats every chance he gets.

Again I’d still take my chances. I personally wish the libertarian party had a better shot but half of that party went woke stupid ass too. Im convinced most political party people do not know what a conservative, liberal, or libertarian is.

I really think the school system has really failed kids but I’m being too tangential here…Friday!!! Haha year if the tiger, no?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would definitely take my chances with a Republican over a Democrat but I am still nervous as I do believe a lot of people are a part of the uni party. Look at my state of PA…all that unconstitutional voting crap was put in place by republicans and Brian Fitzpatrick ex FBI votes with Democrats every chance he gets.

Again I’d still take my chances. I personally wish the libertarian party had a better shot but half of that party went woke stupid ass too. Im convinced most political party people do not know what a conservative, liberal, or libertarian is.

I really think the school system has really failed kids but I’m being too tangential here…Friday!!! Haha year if the tiger, no?
doesn't mentally deficient biden call PA ONE of his home states, lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
'mainstream media resorts to shaming, insulting unvaccinated Americans'

da fvck you been-BIDEN has been doing this for almost 2 years along with social media---MAGARATS are responsible for covid, don't you know...geez.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
washington post article--'It's time to make life a living hell for anti-vaxxers'

geez-has this country really come to this?

Last edited:
rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
washington post article--'It's time to make life a living hell for anti-vaxxers'

geez-has this country really come to this?
Unfortunately yes. The way that you can’t reason with people and they are okay with constant contradictions you know it’s ideologically driven.

Basically when they say my medication will not work because not everyone took it is similar to an ancient tribe saying we did not have a good harvest because there were not enough believers. It’s like a cult basically.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately yes. The way that you can’t reason with people and they are okay with constant contradictions you know it’s ideologically driven.

Basically when they say my medication will not work because not everyone took it is similar to an ancient tribe saying we did not have a good harvest because there were not enough believers. It’s like a cult basically.
these are the same social justice warriors who claim to be so concerned about the rights of minorities, lol.

and yet here they are claiming might makes right--fvcking hypocrites.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s their primary life and the real world is secondary. That’s why they don’t have time to work and find it irrelevant to living their virtual life. Wait, is this social media? 😮

Hmm...

I guess it’s different for everyone. I literally know like only 3 unvaccinated people.

1 is in her mid 30’s and is essentially a non-believer in all of it. She runs around and travels like nobody's business yet she also left her job from day 1 and took advantage of the government COVID unemployment the entire time it was offered stating she was too afraid to work in the public. She then chose to not get vaccinated. She’s pretty special..

Another is a fairly close friend of mine that I don’t see often these days who was a ”wait and see” person. He was also the person I used to play tennis with outside and when I occasionally burped, he would freak out because he was afraid of catching COVID and bringing it home to his parents (they all live together). His parents have since been vaccinated, yet he did not. He contracted COVID around Christmas time and the kids decided it would be best to move the parents out of the house to quarantine. My GF asked him why he never ended up getting vaccinated, and he said “well I am a healthy guy and I have always been extremely diligent with personal hygiene and I really don’t go anywhere.” My GF said “OK, and you just told me that you just got over having COVID.” They are pretty special too..

The other is my GF’s cousin, and he falls into the category of not trusting the vaccine because of its ties with the government. Meanwhile, we offered to take him out to a nice meal in a restaurant a few weeks ago and he declined as he said he was too afraid to catch COVID. 🤷‍♂️

Everyone definitely has their own unique view on COVID and vaccination..
So is your view that those of us who aren't vaccinated are "pretty special"? That's a fked up attitude to have. I know dozens of friends who are not vaccinated. None are special. Most are healthy, workout, take supplements and while they respect covid, they don't live their lives in fear of catching it. They only wear their masks when required and only about 1/2 of them have contracted Covid. Those that had did not suffer badly from Covid. Only a few had it rough and even then they said it was like having the flu.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So is your view that those of us who aren't vaccinated are "pretty special"? That's a fked up attitude to have. I know dozens of friends who are not vaccinated. None are special. Most are healthy, workout, take supplements and while they respect covid, they don't live their lives in fear of catching it. They only wear their masks when required and only about 1/2 of them have contracted Covid. Those that had did not suffer badly from Covid. Only a few had it rough and even then they said it was like having the flu.
Pretty special and dam proud right here

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
when will the first zombie movie based on the covid vaccine happen? **** that would be great

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
smiling faces sometimes...they don't tell the truth

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
might be your neighbor [they smilin in your face]

your next door neighbor, yeah [back stabbers]

what they do

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
enough of the depressing shyt...if you want something that is sure to cheer you up--check out...cee lo green and daryl hall

'i can't go for that'

everytime i hear it i enjoy it even more-fantastic!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
in honor of meatloaf--i would do anything for love [but i won't do that]

:)

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anything new in here? Everybody still safe and healthy? Took a 3 week break from this thread.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anything new in here? Everybody still safe and healthy? Took a 3 week break from this thread.
Just enjoying the Canadian trucker convoy footage. Incredible stuff. Trudeau went into hiding. He is terrible.

Hopefully US intelligence agencies do not get involved so it stays peaceful.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No. This is specifically speaking of my inner and I guess outer circle. One claimed she is afraid of COVID to receive all the unemployment benefits but lives her life in a completely contradictory fashion and even refuses to get tested when she has been ill. She is more my GF’s friend, and she has given her attitude for believing in it. In the meantime, she knows what I do. That takes a special human being.

Another being so terrified to catch COVID in fear of transmitting it to his parents that I can’t accidentally burp around him outdoors without him freaking. Also, moves his parents out of the house when he himself gets COVID. Quite special people in my book any day.

As I have said before, everyone has their own barometer on what they gauge COVID to be, and what they believe the vaccine to be.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
since the novavax is more along the lines of traditional vaccines it is very suspect to me why it hasn't been approved---as someone who has been pro traditional vaccines and have gotten many this is a vaccine i would be tempted to get over the mRNA vaccines which i DO NOT TRUST!!!

they can go fvck themselves if they think i will get a current vaccine-even though it is closing in on a year since we have had covid my wife and i still have not been reinfected even though being around others who tested positive.
Apparently it is being approved next month (February) in the US, while it has been already approved in other countries. The Novavax company itself was responsible for delayed filing of its EUA with the FDA and they have also apparently had manufacturing issues that have hindered them from producing significant doses.

While the MOA would likely sound more appealing to most, I wonder how it will be marketed, or will it be marketed? Will it even be all that relevant as we turn the corner into what comes next on the cusp of Omicron?

If it is still relevant, I do think it will be better received. But I still think there will be a wait and see approach by many, and then there are people that definitely don’t want a vaccine period. Vaccine conspiracy theories have always existed. We may just be looking at more of the same, but just different ;)

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I finally saw that late 30’s dude that we had on the vent forever- twice, including a code blue. And who had the father who passed away amongst all that.

So he was one of the patients that put up an attitude with not believing in COVID, the vaccination, or anyone trying to help him. This was my first time seeing him not on a ventilator or in severe distress requiring BIPAP.

Today was just a routine scheduled assessment day for me to go in and see how he was doing, look up his latest CXR, listen to his breathing etc. Given his past, I wasn’t sure what to expect. He was not requiring any oxygen, but is still too weak to swallow- so he still has the feeding tube. Otherwise his mental status has returned to normal as well as his speech.

He was very receptive to see me when I introduced myself, and I just went over a few breathing exercises/devices as a result of the general assessment. I told him how good it was to see him off the ventilator as well as BIPAP and finally turning the corner. He proceeded to tell me how very thankful and appreciative he was, and how scared he is about the prospect of getting COVID again sometime in the future.

He has obviously done a mental 180 and there is no doubt he will be looking for vaccinations in the future in whatever context that may end up being.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mostly politics. They will do the opposite of whatever we do across the board, and ironically will take a Trump vaccine to stick it to their mom and I for voting for Trump. The virtual signaling is real and while many have scientific reasons for taking these vaccines, many more take them because they feel it makes them somehow a better person.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I find it interesting to see more and more restrictions being dropped as cases skyrocket. the University of WA have decided to go back to in school learning despite the fact that our local daily case rate is currently 100x what it was when we did lockdowns in march of 2020.

I **** you not, we are 100 times higher per day in cases now, with the most lax rules we've had since 2020. In King county there is a vax mandate for most indoor stuff, restaurants etc but it has not effected me. it's not enforced. we went out yesterday and the hostess asks us the second we walk in without masks "do you have a vaccination card or proof of a negative test from the last 3 days?" Nope I said. "OK do you prefer bar or restaurant dining?" as she takes us to our seats.

Not sure what the point of the dog and pony was.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I find it interesting to see more and more restrictions being dropped as cases skyrocket. the University of WA have decided to go back to in school learning despite the fact that our local daily case rate is currently 100x what it was when we did lockdowns in march of 2020.

I **** you not, we are 100 times higher per day in cases now, with the most lax rules we've had since 2020. In King county there is a vax mandate for most indoor stuff, restaurants etc but it has not effected me. it's not enforced. we went out yesterday and the hostess asks us the second we walk in without masks "do you have a vaccination card or proof of a negative test from the last 3 days?" Nope I said. "OK do you prefer bar or restaurant dining?" as she takes us to our seats.

Not sure what the point of the dog and pony was.

View attachment 212279

View attachment 212280
I would hope they are coming to grips with everyone who wants to be vaccinated is, and omnicron is not too dangerous for the vast majority of people. A guy at work has a tracker app for the state and since omnicron cases have spiked the death percentage had dropped so drastically anyone with a calculator and middle school level math can see the response at this point is pretty ridiculous.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ehhhh, going on the 4th week of incredible insomnia ranging from 0 to 5 hours sleep. So, living the dream as well!
**** man I'm sorry, that's miserable. I assume you're trying every old wives tale in the book at this point.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
**** man I'm sorry, that's miserable. I assume you're trying every old wives tale in the book at this point.
Getting close. Melatonin, theanine, magnesium, chamomile, lemon balm, yes with varying and inconsistent results. I have trazodone and atarax I just haven't tried them yet. Scared to death of some interaction. I'm also pretty sure this is a result of something wrong with b12 and folate, methyl trap or deficiency in one or the other, as I dealt with that years ago and it also caused insomnia, but not this bad.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just dropping some reading for everyone. Interpret as you see fit. Keep in mind tat pre-prints are not peer reviewed and a lot of these Covid pre-prints never make it past that point. Also, keep in mind case studies are not proof of much, so causality is weak.

And to add fuel to the fire - I guess the people who need the vax the most, may not only be most at risk to the vax - but they may have reduced response to the vax as well:

In the interest if showing the effects/risks of Covid itself:

It's a lot of reading...I bet nobody really wants to read all of it but here it is.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe and healthy!

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just dropping some reading for everyone. Interpret as you see fit. Keep in mind tat pre-prints are not peer reviewed and a lot of these Covid pre-prints never make it past that point. Also, keep in mind case studies are not proof of much, so causality is weak.

And to add fuel to the fire - I guess the people who need the vax the most, may not only be most at risk to the vax - but they may have reduced response to the vax as well:

In the interest if showing the effects/risks of Covid itself:

It's a lot of reading...I bet nobody really wants to read all of it but here it is.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe and healthy!
slowly going through this now. I don't see anything regarding what happens when I pull my music from spotify. do I gain immunity then?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
slowly going through this now. I don't see anything regarding what happens when I pull my music from spotify. do I gain immunity then?
Yeah, I wonder how many "scientists" will pull their research from websites posting these cases.

At least the preprint has an idiot notice at the top.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Getting close. Melatonin, theanine, magnesium, chamomile, lemon balm, yes with varying and inconsistent results. I have trazodone and atarax I just haven't tried them yet. Scared to death of some interaction. I'm also pretty sure this is a result of something wrong with b12 and folate, methyl trap or deficiency in one or the other, as I dealt with that years ago and it also caused insomnia, but not this bad.
i have 45 15mg tabs of mirtazapine and a open script for more if and when i want a refil...i am only supposed to take half-break the 15mg tab in half---but i tell you, i only use when i really need to because it will put the weight on in a hurry if used every night--but it is the best thing ever for sleep-knocks me out for a good 8-10 hours if my wife lets me sleep that long.

mirtazapine.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
IMG_3395.JPG

Also for the sleep thing ever since my time on 3rd shift I need to use zzquil at half serving pulse melatonin plus magnesium a good deal of work nights. Weekend I don’t care so much. I wish I could just get medical weed for sleep only but I work in a job where anything happens injury wise I’m getting tested. Can’t believe the shits not legal yet federally.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 212310

Also for the sleep thing ever since my time on 3rd shift I need to use zzquil at half serving pulse melatonin plus magnesium a good deal of work nights. Weekend I don’t care so much. I wish I could just get medical weed for sleep only but I work in a job where anything happens injury wise I’m getting tested. Can’t believe the shits not legal yet federally.
I'm probably feistier than usual on this. I got into an argument yesterday with someone who 'knows' Neil and claimed he doesn't care about money so his stance is purely his integrity.

I said ok then why didn't he bitch about the misinformation back in Dec when the podcasts were new, instead of waiting till his business deal closed in January to complain? Also, of all the people bitching about the joe rogan podcasts, how many actually sat down and listened to all 7 hours of the Dr Malone and Dr McCullough podcasts??? cause I did. (finally found a use for my long commute)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 212310

so, neil young is selling his music catalog to former chairman and ceo of pfizer? and no one is calling this out?

thanks for bringing this to my attention---with all the liberal news organizations pumping out neil's righteousness, them seem to be neglecting the pfizer connection-unless i'm missing something here?

btw-i'm a huge fan of neil's music--although i don't dig his left wing politics!!!

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so, neil young is selling his music catalog to former chairman and ceo of pfizer? and no one is calling this out?

thanks for bringing this to my attention---with all the liberal news organizations pumping out neil's righteousness, them seem to be neglecting the pfizer connection-unless i'm missing something here?

btw-i'm a huge fan of neil's music--although i don't dig his left wing politics!!!
Correction, he sold it, made his money, then made his political stand against Rogan....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Correction, he sold it, made his money, then made his political stand against Rogan....
lol...yeah, he really made a stand-eh?

neil, made some great music back in 70s...now he is burnt out and needs to just fade away!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just read a article by Dr. benjamin fuchs: critical healthnews.com
he says that statin drugs are poison and if people are on them they should buy his supplements and immediately get off them....should he be censored and denied a platform for going against prevailing science?