Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
my GF wants to hang out on New year's Eve, she will be 9 days since showing symptoms then. still not confirmed if actually it's actually covid.

I'm glad I bought her a thermometer gun before we left. she's 98 degrees now. so I'm thinking it might be safe to see her New year's eve

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my GF wants to hang out on New year's Eve, she will be 9 days since showing symptoms then. still not confirmed if actually it's actually covid.

I'm glad I bought her a thermometer gun before we left. she's 98 degrees now. so I'm thinking it might be safe to see her New year's eve
She’s a boy band from the early 2’s? Lol

Around me it’s a pain to get tested Bc everyone thinks everything is Covid it’s nuts. I had to call around for at home for the boy and luckily found one. Even urgent cares said like 2 days out.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Have you had it yet?

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Should just call it the covid shot, like we call it the flu shot. No vaccination going on, hopefully less severe for the old and out of shape population. But clearly not helping as more deaths with a vaccine then without. Of course someone will say Delta, had it not a big deal. Others maybe a big deal. Again 75% vaccinated population and here we are. Just proof that vaccines are not 95% effective as claimed and not effective enough to be mandated.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
She’s a boy band from the early 2’s? Lol

Around me it’s a pain to get tested Bc everyone thinks everything is Covid it’s nuts. I had to call around for at home for the boy and luckily found one. Even urgent cares said like 2 days out.
I was gonna ask her to test but I guess people are positive for a while after not being contagious

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you had it yet?
probably not. she got me sick coming back from Hawaii 2 years ago but we don't know if it was covid. I haven't tested antibodies. never lost sense of taste or smell. I'm gonna guess I have been asymptomatic and encountered it

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought I made myself pretty clear by now, but just to clear any confusion:

1.) I think vaccines are effective at reducing the severity of infection and likelihood of hospitalization or death. (A simple, straightforward statement. No need to read anything more, or less, into it.)

2.) I am against all covid vaccine mandates. (Same as above)

In all of the scenarios and formula you laid out, unless I missed it, you neglected to include the possibility that the emergence of the Delta variant is responsible for the increased death rate. It is not disputed that Delta is a more virulent strain of the virus. Did you simply forget about Delta?
So we agree on #2 - it's #1 is a little more nuanced. I don't 100% disagree with you and may not really disagree at all. What I disagree with is the myth that the vaccine is 90% effective, or that it will solve the problem, etc.

I'm open to the possibility that the Delta variant has had an impact on the increased death rates - and I've been trying to eliminate some variables for simplicity - but early reports suggested the Delta variant was possibly 2x as deadly, but this wasn't for certain.

So if we have a 90% effective vaccine in 75% of the population and a virus that kills twice as many people - we should see a little more than half the # of deaths in the population than without the vaccine with the prior virus and 1/4 the deaths we would have seen with the new virus and no vaccine.

Clearly this isn't happening.

Having said that - I'm not saying it has had 0 effect. The early Pfizer data, according to some critics who requested public release of more info (not sure if it ever happened) - suggested a real efficacy of somewhere around 30%. The marketing department at Pfizer didn't use that number of course.

I think 30-50% seems to play out with the math at hand - as you've pointed out, we have a more deadly virus so that factors into the number of deaths.

Is the vaccine useless? No. Is the dogma around the vaccine dangerous? It could be.

Good discussion my friend, thanks for going back and forth with me in a reasonable fashion...it's hard to have these conversations, especially in writing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1984 shots
1984 was a good van halen album...but i gotta go with prince-it's time to party like it's 1999.

although personally 1984 was a great year--the year i was discharged from the navy and moved to the philippines....being a young/single man living in olongapo city in the 80s was a wet dream come true...just sayin. 🐺

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not anti-vax, I've been waiting for Novavax.
Otherwise I'll never be able to travel I assume.

i don't head out much either, woke up today with a sore throat and runny nose which is odd 😂
I have asthma too, so it's a little concerning and I know my symptoms very well.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

i don't head out much either, woke up today with a sore throat and runny nose which is odd 😂
I have asthma too, so it's a little concerning and I know my symptoms very well.
Are you going to get tested?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

i don't head out much either, woke up today with a sore throat and runny nose which is odd
could be allergies? got a headache?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1984 was a good van halen album...but i gotta go with prince-it's time to party like it's 1999.

although personally 1984 was a great year--the year i was discharged from the navy and moved to the philippines....being a young/single man living in olongapo city in the 80s was a wet dream come true...just sayin.
1984 is one of if not the best book I’ve ever read…also the year I was born. Halen with Roth was killer…and Prince was a beast! Yea I said it

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Well, some potentially good news - a recently study suggest that allergies, such as asthma, reduce the risk of developing covid apparently. Go figure.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1984 is one of if not the best book I’ve ever read…also the year I was born. Halen with Roth was killer…and Prince was a beast! Yea I said it
i knew you were talking about the orwell book...was just trying to insert a little humor into this otherwise sad and humorless thread...

my favorite van hale song-aint talkin bout love...favorite prince-when doves cry.

i was livin large in olongapo the year you were born-imagine that, lol...google olongapo 80s

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, some potentially good news - a recently study suggest that allergies, such as asthma, reduce the risk of developing covid apparently. Go figure.
Are you going to get tested?
could be allergies? got a headache?
Probably not, my mother is normal as I'm with her while I build my house.

I haven't even left the house since Christmas. I did drink alot, and normally drinking destorys my immune system.

I took vitamins, my nose is starting to dry up and sore throat is slowly disappearing.

I think line ups to get tested here are 5-6 hours, I ain't waiting that long :/

Interesting about Asthma!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Truth For Health Foundation

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
http://instagr.am/p/CX_5uHfOkJ9/
You guys should follow these guys. Apparently the CO2 we breath in daily masked at work is higher than what OSHA allows. I didn’t read the links yet but interesting none the less
Statement is false and has been proven false time and time again

This what im talking about with some of the views expressed in this thread. That's a link from an obviously biased source. The agenda is apparent after only a few clicks. LEFT leaning or RIGHT leaning, we gotta stop trusting stuff just cause it aligns with the beliefs we already have

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
cnn is not instructing the general public to wear N95 masks to protect against omicron variant?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
cnn is not instructing the general public to wear N95 masks to protect against omicron variant?
n95 are safe afaik. they have been required at many locations for a while now. the airforce base my dad works at has required them for a while now. surgical masks are not good enough for many. if they are recommending n95 for everyone now, it's because they aren't worried about supply for medical staff. that's the only reason fauci backpedaled on n95 in the first place.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
n95 are safe afaik. they have been required at many locations for a while now. the airforce base my dad works at has required them for a while now. surgical masks are not good enough for many. if they are recommending n95 for everyone now, it's because they aren't worried about supply for medical staff. that's he only reason fauci backpedaled on n95 in the first place.
i thought he said that statement was false and had been proven false time and time again?

WTH?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

This what im talking about with some of the views expressed in this thread. That's a link from an obviously biased source. The agenda is apparent after only a few clicks. LEFT leaning or RIGHT leaning, we gotta stop trusting stuff just cause it aligns with the beliefs we already have
I’ll take your source if you got it. I wouldn’t be surprised if hyperbolic, but heard similar from a
few people with health monitoring watches so it sounded plausible.

And dude no need to get all upset. It used to be pretty common in the time before “words are violence” where people would exchange information and let the best information rise.

In the before time, in the long long ago…

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ll take your source if you got it. I wouldn’t be surprised if hyperbolic, but heard similar from a
few people with health monitoring watches so it sounded plausible.

And dude no need to get all upset. It used to be pretty common in the time before “words are violence” where people would exchange information and let the best information rise.

In the before time, in the long long ago…
shouldn't it be easilly detectable with a pulse oximeter? also I don't think he was upset. he has been in this thread for a while and contributes level headed opinions

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
shouldn't it be easilly detectable with a pulse oximeter? also I don't think he was upset. he has been in this thread for a while and contributes level headed opinions
Yea that’s what it was. I heard A couple podcasters, but they didn’t make like a huge deal just mentioned in passing.

I guess it was the way it was worded. I clearly said it was interesting BUT I need to look into it. Unfortunately the article is long as hell with sources, and haven’t had time yet.

If I took the tone wrong Mechi my bad no hard feelings. Sometimes it’s hard to get tone through text.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yea that’s what it was. I heard A couple podcasters, but they didn’t make like a huge deal just mentioned in passing.

I guess it was the way it was worded. I clearly said it was interesting BUT I need to look into it. Unfortunately the article is long as hell with sources, and haven’t had time yet.

If I took the tone wrong Mechi my bad no hard feelings. Sometimes it’s hard to get tone through text.
sheet now I wanna test it. my guess is that some people have better lung function than others and it only effects some people. I bet I couldn't reproduce it. I mostly worry about the kids in school supposed to be learning. if it's true, it's probably hindering some less fortunate kids' development.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wearing masks has never affected my oxygen or heart rate on a pulse oximeter.
"The sole source of the validity of any idea is the experiment." -Richard Feynman

Somehow I should have expected GreenmachineX to be the one who already ran this experiment.

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Where has that statement been proven false? I've seen sources (like the Mayo Clinic) state that the rise in cO2 "is not significant", but nothing which refutes the facts stated on the "Just Facts" site.

Is it the Just Facts site you claim has an agenda? What is the agenda? I looked at their mask articles and I see several studies cited and opinions from doctors from institutions such as Stanford University.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, I'm not sure that the CO2 mask thing stating that levels are above OSHA limits means much to me. OSHA is a money-making scheme and they set rules and requirements to be met, with no risk and plenty of margin for error. They have a history of ridiculous requirements, just like any other entity setting such requirements. Not saying they are all bad - just that you need a grain of salt suggesting that any minimal increase above OSHA guidelines is imminently dangerous.

Having said that, here's some info on the subject that 10 minutes of Google afforded me:

What can you expect to happen at various levels of CO2?

Is there an increase in CO2 from wearing a mask - it appears the answer is YES. Is this increase clinically significant based on the above link? Maybe, but probably not.

It may be seen, by some, as ironic that some of the "no place for fear mongering" advocates are suggesting the CO2 increase from a mask is something to be afraid of.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, I'm not sure that the CO2 mask thing stating that levels are above OSHA limits means much to me. OSHA is a money-making scheme and they set rules and requirements to be met, with no risk and plenty of margin for error. They have a history of ridiculous requirements, just like any other entity setting such requirements. Not saying they are all bad - just that you need a grain of salt suggesting that any minimal increase above OSHA guidelines is imminently dangerous.

Having said that, here's some info on the subject that 10 minutes of Google afforded me:

What can you expect to happen at various levels of CO2?

Is there an increase in CO2 from wearing a mask - it appears the answer is YES. Is this increase clinically significant based on the above link? Maybe, but probably not.

It may be seen, by some, as ironic that some of the "no place for fear mongering" advocates are suggesting the CO2 increase from a mask is something to be afraid of.
Yea the point of sharing wasn’t like “we are all gonna die from masks” it was more of a haha the government contradicts itself, again. I work and have worked in several OSHA regulated fields and they are over top for sure. For example you can’t go above like 6 feet without harness or enclosure.

Myself and several others have noticed, and may be internal biases, that once having them off for awhile breathing better; anecdotally. That doesn’t mean I think it’s killing me. I do however worry about the effects on developing minds not seeing facial expressions. In my humble opinion it is very helping for judging situations and people…in particular bad situations with shady people.

Whole different issue. I actually thought to write the OSHA thing but I am always afraid of saying too much in the age of 150 characters or less. Since you write that way maybe I will too at times to avoid any confusion on my interest in sharing a particular set of information.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
it's definitely easier to breath without a mask, I think everyone can agree on that. I think it's probably mostly due to the air in the mask being warmer though. my whole body gets warmer while wearing masks usually. maybe wearing masks promotes thermogenic fat burning lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yea the point of sharing wasn’t like “we are all gonna die from masks” it was more of a haha the government contradicts itself, again. I work and have worked in several OSHA regulated fields and they are over top for sure. For example you can’t go above like 6 feet without harness or enclosure.

Myself and several others have noticed, and may be internal biases, that once having them off for awhile breathing better; anecdotally. That doesn’t mean I think it’s killing me. I do however worry about the effects on developing minds not seeing facial expressions. In my humble opinion it is very helping for judging situations and people…in particular bad situations with shady people.

Whole different issue. I actually thought to write the OSHA thing but I am always afraid of saying too much in the age of 150 characters or less. Since you write that way maybe I will too at times to avoid any confusion on my interest in sharing a particular set of information.
I noticed that while I worked at a gym, we all became very good at reading the eyes while wearing masks. Just thought it was interesting.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wear a surgical mask (not n95) for 8-12 hours a day at work (minus a lunch and 10min break). Running up and down 2 flights of stairs regularly and throwing freight (40lbs to 85lb boxes) depending upon the load that shows up that day. I have no problem breathing. Its all in your head.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wear a surgical mask (not n95) for 8-12 hours a day at work (minus a lunch and 10min break). Running up and down 2 flights of stairs regularly and throwing freight (40lbs to 85lb boxes) depending upon the load that shows up that day. I have no problem breathing. Its all in your head.
this is overly dismissive. 66B4284D-E9B9-4956-8AA7-1EFC2C8ECECA-16442-00000891DF8AECBA.JPG
12 hours with a mask and you don't look like this?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
huh I start to get bruising on my nose pretty fast
Maybe it depends on the type of mask. When my face is fat and bloated lol, I get the lines on my cheeks, but as long as I eat clean, no big deal.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Haha - My comment wasn't really pointed at YOU or anyone in the thread per se, although we all have some of these beliefs from the outside, it is just that I found a general irony in the fact that the MOST anti-mask people are usually also the MOST anti-vax and then will use logic like, "CO2 levels go up 1% while wearing a mask! Why aren't they telling everyone this?!"

But yeah, gov't and the general public is full of contradictions and I think this is why Mechka was pushing back a little. Sometimes someone makes a crazy statement that seems to support their side but if it goes to far it actually hurts the main arguement and this is on both sides. There are some REALLY looney liberals and some pretty looney conservatives out there. :)

As far as 150 characters - ha. I'm lucky if I can do 150 words or less. Share your full thoughts, this is Anabolic Minds, not "We can't read so limit your text to 1 line" Twitter.

it's definitely easier to breath without a mask, I think everyone can agree on that. I think it's probably mostly due to the air in the mask being warmer though. my whole body gets warmer while wearing masks usually. maybe wearing masks promotes thermogenic fat burning lol
I wonder if they have done any studies on altitude training masks!?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve had to wear a mask at work the whole pandemic too. I never said I can’t breathe, it just subjectively feels much better breathing without one. I love getting done work and taking it off. Maybe you don’t notice it and forget to take it off and wear it to bed I don’t know. To each their own. No biggie.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
n95 are safe afaik. they have been required at many locations for a while now. the airforce base my dad works at has required them for a while now. surgical masks are not good enough for many. if they are recommending n95 for everyone now, it's because they aren't worried about supply for medical staff. that's the only reason fauci backpedaled on n95 in the first place.
recommending is one thing...it is my opinion that money would be better spent to send everyone a couple of EFFECTIVE N95 masks rather than covid tests...what the hell are people who test positive going to do-there is no instructions--i see paranoid people overwhelming a already overwhelmed hospital system.

btw-my wife and i wear masks everytime we are in public as a courtesy, even though we understand the masks we buy at CVS aren't going to be very effective, we would actually appreciate receiving in the mail a effective N95 mask or 2.

i looked at what the N95 masks look like, if they are available to public i have not seen ANYONE here where i live wearing one--although i will say i have been seeing more and more people wearing the cheap paper and cloth masks like my wife and i wear.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha - My comment wasn't really pointed at YOU or anyone in the thread per se, although we all have some of these beliefs from the outside, it is just that I found a general irony in the fact that the MOST anti-mask people are usually also the MOST anti-vax and then will use logic like, "CO2 levels go up 1% while wearing a mask! Why aren't they telling everyone this?!"

But yeah, gov't and the general public is full of contradictions and I think this is why Mechka was pushing back a little. Sometimes someone makes a crazy statement that seems to support their side but if it goes to far it actually hurts the main arguement and this is on both sides. There are some REALLY looney liberals and some pretty looney conservatives out there.

As far as 150 characters - ha. I'm lucky if I can do 150 words or less. Share your full thoughts, this is Anabolic Minds, not "We can't read so limit your text to 1 line" Twitter.

I hate how all the terminology has changed and now everything has to be qualified with over explanation due to this weird Orwellian world we are living in. For example you could have the Covid vaccine and 20 others, just believe in personal choice, and you are an anti-vaxer.

What is an anti-masker by those standards? Someone who doesn’t believe it should be mandated yet they still wear one ever day? Or someone who does’t wear them but is okay with mandating other people pro mask?

It’s all goofy to me. Just know if I can point out government contradictions I will. I don’t like giving tons of my money to my own oppressors who bomb the living hell out of the world, make the largest prison system in the world, and steal from its own citizens. Left, right, center, I don’t care. I just want more people to question authority.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

But yeah, gov't and the general public is full of contradictions and I think this is why Mechka was pushing back a little. Sometimes someone makes a crazy statement that seems to support their side but if it goes to far it actually hurts the main arguement and this is on both sides. There are some REALLY looney liberals and some pretty looney conservatives out there. :)

i don't fit into a square box. i'm a conservative who supports having a safety net[welfare]... i am also pro-life this means i'm not only against abortion but also against capital punishment..my being against COVID vaccines is based mostly on my having already had covid BEFORE vaccines were readily available[march], but my wife and i each got a FLU shot this year and several years ago we got PNEUMONIA shots that are supposedly good for 7 years...AND we both have worn masks in public from the start!!!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i don't fit into a square box. i'm a conservative who supports having a safety net[welfare. i am also pro-life this means i'm not only against abortion but also against capital punishment..my being against COVID vaccines is based mostly on my having already had covid BEFORE vaccines were readily available[march], but my wife and i each got a FLU shot this year and several years ago we got PNEUMONIA shots that are supposedly good for 7 years...AND we both have worn masks in public from the start!!!
Exactly. I don’t like saying I am “x” therefor I think “y.” Like you shouldn’t know a persons stance on carbon fuel emissions due to how they feel about the 2nd amendment. Labels are just boxes for people who disagree with you to stuff you in and die(metaphorically).

TBone 2024 nah mean?

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i thought he said that statement was false and had been proven false time and time again?

WTH?
The OSHA CO2 reference is what I was referring to and yes that has been disproven
recommending is one thing...it is my opinion that money would be better spent to send everyone a couple of EFFECTIVE N95 masks rather than covid tests...what the hell are people who test positive going to do-there is no instructions--i see paranoid people overwhelming a already overwhelmed hospital system.

btw-my wife and i wear masks everytime we are in public as a courtesy, even though we understand the masks we buy at CVS aren't going to be very effective, we would actually appreciate receiving in the mail a effective N95 mask or 2.

i looked at what the N95 masks look like, if they are available to public i have not seen ANYONE here where i live wearing one--although i will say i have been seeing more and more people wearing the cheap paper and cloth masks like my wife and i wear.
Home depot carries the N95. I personally wear the KN95 mask from Powecom. They were one of two that met the FDA's "rigorous ()" testing and passed.