What's wrong with Dmaa of today.

gav86

Awards
  • Established
Ok it's been said around the boards, and I agree, the dmaa is not the same as we were getting with the jacked era. Now we gotta work out why? Is it only hi-tech supplying everyone dmaa? Their sauce maybe? The mix of 1,3 & 1,4 perhaps? Adulterated previous versions of it? Ideas?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub'd for discussion

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree here. Not only the OG Jacked but I used to take OxyPro and that stuff packed a punch as well!

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you sure? I still get the same ol' stim dink from Mesomorph that I got with AMP.

I felt the same sort of energy/high on Meso/Dust/etc that I did from the back in the day versions. Maybe it's a nostalgia ideal about how amazing it seemed to be and your past fantasy of it has been gassed up.

Also realize that pre-workouts today are FAR more stim heavy than those 7 years ago...so you're comparing these DMAA products to newer more jazzed up versions with higher stims.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Take a month of all stims (including coffee) and then try a full scoop.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
years and years of taking it has built up a tolerance for all of us
In general I agree with this, but counterpoint -- I stopped using DMAA completely for a couple years and after trying any of the products out today (which I still like, btw), none of them have ever hit even remotely close (with arguably more DMAA per serving; at least as far as what is disclosed now vs. what was on the labels back then).

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
people are quick to forget a lot in this industry.

when the whole "banning" began a few years back, damn near everyone on every major forum was claiming "DMAA isn't all that great anyway!" and saying that it's no big deal to lose it.

Now that it's available, people are acting as if its some miracle stimulant that has never had an equal.

I love the ingredient myself, but people are imagining something up on a pedestal that never existed in the first place. DMAA is a very solid stim, but its nothing life changing and never has been.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd say also, generally we tend to romanticize the past when thinking back and exaggerate experiences and ourselves more than what they actually were. Just my .02.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd say also, generally we tend to romanticize the past when thinking back and exaggerate experiences and ourselves more than what they actually were. Just my .02.

precisely

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh sure, so I didn't actually deadlift that car that one time? Psssshhhhhhhh

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree with Vaughn. I mean if you take some time off from using it and go back to it, you should feel a very nice kick from it.

If you continuously use it over time, the effects definitely tend to become less and less. Does it work? Absolutely. Does it hit like the original ephedra or something like that? Probably not.

It's great for what it is ... and "what that is" at this point in the industry (on the market) it's the most potent thing you will find. But you have to keep it in contrast.

-Spaz

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
This might not be what a lot of people want to hear, but I'd guess that this is the truth. It would also explain all of the "HOLY CRAP THIS IS INSANE" comments of non-forum members that have tried Mesomorph as a first DMAA-containing product. This is what I've noticed personally.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh sure, so I didn't actually deadlift that car that one time? Psssshhhhhhhh
Sadly....no. remember when I shouted "It's all you bro"? Ya, it wasn't...I had a hydraulic jack under there, just wanted to give you a needed confidence boost. I'm sorry it had to come out like this. Hug it out?

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
recently introduced my brother to dmaa in the form of mesomorph and he told me he saw unicorns (not srs) but my point being that as a virgin to dmaa he got a kick out of it comparable to myself dosing up old school jacked years back

hell i still get a nice ****ing buzz from a heavy scoop of meso

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
recently introduced my brother to dmaa in the form of mesomorph and he told me he saw unicorns (not srs) but my point being that as a virgin to dmaa he got a kick out of it comparable to myself dosing up old school jacked years back

hell i still get a nice ****ing buzz from a heavy scoop of meso
Exactly!!

I have been taking stims for years, and I still get a crazy buzz from a full scoop of Meso. I myself can only do a 1/2 scoop these days.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would bang agent orange.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok it's been said around the boards, and I agree, the dmaa is not the same as we were getting with the jacked era. Now we gotta work out why? Is it only hi-tech supplying everyone dmaa? Their sauce maybe? The mix of 1,3 & 1,4 perhaps? Adulterated previous versions of it? Ideas?
It was and always will be a crap shoot on how dmaa will affect you each day. I believe that's why other things will take its place. We need a consistently good feeling when we take pres. Chaos and pain has something in the works but it's an industry problem in general.

Dmaa is not the savior and when it " came back" people were underwhelmed.

Consistency is key and I don't like dmaa for that reason. Is the dmaa bunk today? I know from a good source that it is 100% legit...but it is and always will be hit or miss on a daily basis.

compan

compan

Awards
We always remember things better than they were with Nostalgia.

I love Mesomorph now just as much as I did others back in the day. It doesn't measure up with OG D-Stunner for me, but there were other things in that as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my nostalgia is more for the days of pre's with ephedra....dmaa doesn't come close to those days!!!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ding ding ding ding
Disagree!!!! When dmaa first was "banned" it was still packing a BIG PUNCH. I didn't take it for over 2 years and tried these modern dmaa products and they are not the same!!!!! Closes I use was a fatburner by vien nutrition(I can remember the product name at) but that is much more than dmaa.

Tell me what changed??? My sensitivity went up but not taking it?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my nostalgia is more for the days of pre's with ephedra....dmaa doesn't come close to those days!!!
Ya wish I got to experience real ephedra extracts that actually have the active alkaloids in it. Because bronkaid and primatine never gave me anything in the stim department.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya wish I got to experience real ephedra extracts that actually have the active alkaloids in it. Because bronkaid and primatine never gave me anything in the stim department.
yeah, bronkaid doesn't come close to the ephedra used in those pre's as far as stim effect....hell even those minis they sod in gas stations were much better.

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
All this talk is making me want to crack open a tub I have of OG J3d just for the heck of it. I think I still have some OEP samples laying around somewhere in a box. Nostalgia.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All this talk is making me want to crack open a tub I have of OG J3d just for the heck of it. I think I still have some OEP samples laying around somewhere in a box. Nostalgia.
Do it and report and see if it's stronger than what we have now

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah, bronkaid doesn't come close to the ephedra used in those pre's as far as stim effect....hell even those minis they sod in gas stations were much better.
Ya we are just missing out on so much of the other active alkaloids with bronkaid

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can find the original herbal powder in America if you Google enough
:)

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We always remember things better than they were with Nostalgia.

I love Mesomorph now just as much as I did others back in the day. It doesn't measure up with OG D-Stunner for me, but there were other things in that as well.
Surprised no one has tried to replicate that same formula of D-Stunner since it was one of the best
1,3 PW out there and this time play with the flavoring just a little ;)

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep. Just have to look past the legality.
Not true raw whole herb ma Huang is totally legal although it can't​ be sold above a certain weight or with anything else it has to be by it self and it takes a crap ton to achieve an effect dose

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Not true raw whole herb ma Huang is totally legal although it can't​ be sold above a certain weight or with anything else it has to be by it self and it takes a crap ton to achieve an effect dose
I thought all Ephedra related things were illegal to possess without prescription due to the precursor laws

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
After taking DMAA for first time, maybe it left an " imprint" so to speak in your system..body adjusted and no matter how long you don't use it..body remembers and adapted...just throwing that out there

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing will ever touch OG Stimulant X and the way it got me through finals without having to sleep more than a couple hours a night.

I still have an OG bottle of OEP that's opened in my travel cooler for road trips in case I'm crashing late on the road.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been using DMAA since the very first product containing it was released (ergopharm amp.) Its the same stuff. Anyone who has taken recreational drugs will tell you, it will never hit the same as the first few times. It doesn't matter how long it's been since you've ceased usage, it will never be quite the same.

The first time using DMAA it was about equal to adderall for me. Just it's just a good boost.

Also, I have multiple forms of bulk DMAA from various sources, old school pres, you name it from years ago and it's all the same

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been using DMAA since the very first product containing it was released (ergopharm amp.) Its the same stuff. Anyone who has taken recreational drugs will tell you, it will never hit the same as the first few times. It doesn't matter how long it's been since you've ceased usage, it will never be quite the same.

The first time using DMAA it was about equal to adderall for me. Just it's just a good boost.

Also, I have multiple forms of bulk DMAA from various sources, old school pres, you name it from years ago and it's all the same
no no no, we're spending millions upon millions of dollars fighting for DMAA against the FDA, and we're not actually putting it in products...

LOL

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The very first time I tried anything with DMAA I was yawning halfway into my workout. It is way over hyped.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no no no, we're spending millions upon millions of dollars fighting for DMAA against the FDA, and we're not actually putting it in products...

LOL
No I totally think hi-tech is using dmaa!!! Anyone that thinks you guys don't is an idiotic!!!! We definitely are getting dmaa now

I do believe before the "ban" there were quite a bit of spiked products.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I tried DMAA in the form of Mesomorph and Dust Extreme and Riot,

I also have 2-3 servings of Chaos and Pain's Ferrox Amped, Amp Citrate i feel gives me more of a power boost without the light headed feeling that i get with DMAA based products.

Also my 1st Pre workout i ever tried was the Original Craze, the spiked version so the bar was set high from the very start for me. i had the last tub before it was discontinued over here in the UK only ever tried grape version and found it tastes quite good.

DMAA when i 1st tried it in Mesomorph was great, better than Craze and almost as good as AMP Citrate based products for the power boost which i mainly notice on leg days, the only days i use DMAA to prevent tolerance build up, I also found that after taking a break from DMAA the effects are not the same as the 1st time i used it.

I would order them 1st DMAA, 2nd AMP, 3rd DMHA and 4th would be a high dose of caffeine in terms of performance boost effects.

Also i have never tried the original Ephedra or used Ephedrine HCL or other forms in my life so cannot compare to them, i am interested in them but am unable to obtain here in the United Kingdom.

dbuckley82

dbuckley82

Awards
  • Established
I went through a few bottles of Ergopharm Amp (one of my fav products ever), then jumped to bulknutritions geranimine which was legit the most amazing stuff ever. OG craze was a solid second to OG Dmaa. But to be clear, whether due to desensitization or to a decrease in product quality, dmaa isn't nearly the same. I think the product quality just isn't the same, as I've had waaaay too long of time in between Dmaa usage (years) not to have receptors not fully recover. Back in the day, it was still kind of a secret, didn't explode until Jack3d, and demand went through the roof.

Ybriknevets

Awards
Thing is guys, a lot of these other stims, AMP, DMHA etc are also beta receptor agonists. So when you say you've had a 2 year break from DMAA you've really not. You're still activating the same receptors and causing downregulation and therefore, tolerance. Take a break for a few months, dose some ketitofen fumarate, which I believe you can get over the counter in the US (hey fever med that can fix your downregulation). Then give it a whirl and I'll bet it'll be like the good ol days.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Thing is guys, a lot of these other stims, AMP, DMHA etc are also beta receptor agonists. So when you say you've had a 2 year break from DMAA you've really not. You're still activating the same receptors and causing downregulation and therefore, tolerance. Take a break for a few months, dose some ketitofen fumarate, which I believe you can get over the counter in the US (hey fever med that can fix your downregulation). Then give it a whirl and I'll bet it'll be like the good ol days.
What else can you use if you are based in the UK, and cannot get ketitofen.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All the old products were spiked lol
I will not claim all the products were "spiked" per say but to assume all the old DMAA was properly dosed and using pure DMAA would be a stretch. I would assume Ergopharm's OG AMP was pure and dosed correctly but tons of old DMAA products never told the actual amount so we have no idea. I personally feel the current DMAA just fine.

Here is another thing to consider, we are all older. The last time I used it regularly was almost 5-6 years ago, lots of things feel different with an additional 6 years of life under the belt.

Ybriknevets

Awards
What else can you use if you are based in the UK, and cannot get ketitofen.
So far as I'm aware nothing pharma grade although I believe Evo Muse made some kind of herbal product that was supposed to help reset your stim tolerance, you may be able to find that and give it a shot. But you could always order ketitofen from overseas, it's not illegal to possess over here.

Ybriknevets

Awards
I will not claim all the products were "spiked" per say but to assume all the old DMAA was properly dosed and using pure DMAA would be a stretch. I would assume Ergopharm's OG AMP was pure and dosed correctly but tons of old DMAA products never told the actual amount so we have no idea. I personally feel the current DMAA just fine.

Here is another thing to consider, we are all older. The last time I used it regularly was almost 5-6 years ago, lots of things feel different with an additional 6 years of life under the belt.
Yeah I feel ya man! aging sucks right?

I used to buy raw DMAA from eBay back in the day and I would dose at about 100mg, I seem to remember reading somewhere at the time that this was the dosage in a lot of the pres back then. I think the max dose in current gen pre workouts is 75mg if I'm not mistaken, although I can't get them over here in the UK so I'm not sure. Maybe it's down to dosage that people aren't feeling it hit as hard.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I only personally know of a handful of products that were spiked back in the day...it's funny though because I know for a FACT that maximize v2 wasn't spiked, yet people claim it HAD to have been because of how amazing it was.

Ybriknevets

Awards
I don't think you'd need to spike a DMAA product with anything. The 100mg I used to take with 200mg of caffeine used to be enough to give me some crazy focus and endurance for my workouts. Synergy can account for a lot though and the other ingredients in the formula can make a huge difference. For a time I was making a crazy preworkout stack with a bunch of other non-stim focus enhancers in, like sulbutiamine, paracetam, ldopa. Nootropics are known to potentiate stims and enhance their effects. I gave a sample of my formula to a guy at my gym that was a 3 scoops of rampage kinda guy and he still claims it's the strongest thing he ever took but it probably had less DMAA in than his 3 scoops of rampage. So yeah, formula design definitely comes in to play. Maybe that was the case with maximise V2.