Whats better? Olive or coconut oil?

cainb96

Awards
Any suggestions and why you like one over the other. Thanks.

mpd556

mpd556

Awards
I just got some coconut oil yesterday and tastes great! Little pricey though.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Mct

Noxchi

Noxchi

Awards
Olive oil have more benefit . The reason why coco oil is preferred by athletes that it doesnot cause gain fat .

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Olive oil have more benefit . The reason why coco oil is preferred by athletes that it doesnot cause gain fat .
I dont think that entire statement is completely correct.

Coconut oil is liked because its got mcts in it and its anti fungal iirc.

Olive does have great benefits just dont use it to cook on high heat or it could turn into a carcinogen.

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
I should add that it's for my protein shakes.
Olive oil in shakes is pretty tough to drink. Like, really tough. Maybe you are different, in general I would say olive oil is "better" but in shakes it is a definite no-go to many people.
Just try what you have available and see if it works. If not, try the other.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Coconut ftw

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NOW MCTs or extra virgin coconut oil (has a higher % of MCTs in it)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
They each have their benefits. Coconut oil can be used directly for energy, has fewer calories per gram, and may help fat loss if it is the crux of your dietary fat intake.

Olive oil promotes health, thermogenesis/uncoupling expression, blood pressure support, and much more

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like to cook with coconut oil in the morning and olive oil at night to make the foods taste more robust. C-O has no flavor and a high flash point so its great for whipping into eggs and other stuff

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in terms of protein shakes....i'd recommend coconut oil, i used to add coconut oil all the time to my shakes, i'm also a big fan of using coconut oil in my coffee in the morning too

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I prefer olive oil. Reason? So many health and fitness benefits its a no brainer. Way under hyped.

Coconut oil is great too! Although you asked me which one I prefer.

Olive oil is cheap,effective as hell and frankly has more studied benefits .

Coconut oil is healthy too! Its very over hyped on how much of a difference it makes though. Much due to dr quack..er...oz ,media and supplement companies.

I will use both.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

ilia_p

Awards
I like to put coconut oil in the fridge and then break chunks of it off and eat it solid - it's like a rich white chocolate!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They each have their benefits. Coconut oil can be used directly for energy, has fewer calories per gram, and may help fat loss if it is the crux of your dietary fat intake.

Olive oil promotes health, thermogenesis/uncoupling expression, blood pressure support, and much more
Yes sir!!!

Lots of things fatty acids can do as ther are lignands for ppar

ilia_p

Awards

Coconut Oil MCT's have been found to boost diet induced thermogenesis by up to 50% as well!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Coconut Oil MCT's have been found to boost diet induced thermogenesis by up to 50% as well!
It seems your new here, very good posts man. And welcome.

Coconut oil is awesome. And yes the studies show that

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I use them both.

I add olive oil to my salads (admittedly) and take it in my protein shake before bed and I add coconut oil to my post-workout shake.

ilia_p

Awards
It seems your new here, very good posts man. And welcome.

Coconut oil is awesome. And yes the studies show that
Indeed I am, I'm looking forward to being a part of the Anabolic Minds community! :D

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I think coconut oil would go better with Protean than olive oil would. Although I drink shots of olive oil for additional calories, I would not recommend using it in a shake.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Since every coco oil I use hardens when cool I prefer heavy whipping cream or extra light olive oil. Evoo is too strong to drink.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I like them both but you can't mix coconut oil with cold water or milk and mix it with your Protean shake. It clumps up on ya. I do cook a lot with it though

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I always have a spoonfull of coconut oil with my prebed shake been doing this for 6 months now
On high fat days I normaly have 4-5 spoonfulls coconut oil then cook with olive oil

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I always have a spoonfull of coconut oil with my prebed shake been doing this for 6 months now On high fat days I normaly have 4-5 spoonfulls coconut oil then cook with olive oil
How? Is there a brand that doesn't solidify? Even my test is suspended in coconut oil and I have to heat it to inject otherwise it's lumpy

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I just grab a spoon and eat it. You get used to it after a few days doesn't even bother me anymore if I can I do try to mix it with something makes a great replacement for butter so say tonight I may eat steak I mite put some on that since I used to use butter which there is nothing wrong with organic butter ether

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I just grab a spoon and eat it. You get used to it after a few days doesn't even bother me anymore if I can I do try to mix it with something makes a great replacement for butter so say tonight I may eat steak I mite put some on that since I used to use butter which there is nothing wrong with organic butter ether
Fair nuff... I love organic grass fed butter. Tastes so much better.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Fair nuff... I love organic grass fed butter. Tastes so much better.
I agree I was raised on that other crap not till I got my diet in check I'd I discover that real butter is so much better

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
I think coconut oil would go better with Protean than olive oil would. Although I drink shots of olive oil for additional calories, I would not recommend using it in a shake.
Do you ever make a post without mentioning Protean? Serious..

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I like them both but you can't mix coconut oil with cold water or milk and mix it with your Protean shake. It clumps up on ya. I do cook a lot with it though
Do you just follow layne around and mimic his posts?

You're worse than a parrot

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Cmon man. People down here just want unbiased opinions..
In my unbiased opinion Protean is all you ever need to eat. Oils and greens are just taking money away from what you could be spending on Protean.

Edit: The previous statement was not meant to be taken literally or as a factual statement.