Volcom's, Controlled Labs' - Look good in dem BLUE GENE(s), Sponsored Log

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Ostrich is off the chain. Very healthy and very lean... My only quarrel is that it's almost too lean (i.e. not moist)...

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Ostrich!! Wow, I've always wanted to try snake, and a Buffalo Steak. I've never tried Ostrich, but I would.

I've also never tried a Kobe Steak, and I never eat Fillet Minions (sp?) because the portion is always too small. I like my steaks in MINIMUM 16oz, preferably 20+oz
Buffalo was a little odd of a taste for me. Texture of beef, maybe slightly more chewy depending on the cut of beef...but the taste and I just couldn't meet up.

I haven't had snake but I hear it tastes similar to alligator. Alligator was tasty.

I dig a good filet....it's odd I will struggle with the portion size. If I have a 8oz filet I will slam down a double side of broccoli first to get all that fiber filling me up ;)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love trying new things, but I'll take your word on that one! :sick:
you can only get it at places where you have to point at the menu because nobody who works there speaks a lick of English, so I can only get it at one place because I know where to point. Its a long drive and its over-priced, but its damn good.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buffalo was a little odd of a taste for me. Texture of beef, maybe slightly more chewy depending on the cut of beef...but the taste and I just couldn't meet up.

I haven't had snake but I hear it tastes similar to alligator. Alligator was tasty.

I dig a good filet....it's odd I will struggle with the portion size. If I have a 8oz filet I will slam down a double side of broccoli first to get all that fiber filling me up ;)
I've tried to muster up that approach before, but once I get inside the steakhouse, I just end up wanting the biggest piece of meat on the menu, but I do REALLY want to try a quality fillet. My girlfriend thinks I'm weird because whenever I bite into a truly good piece of food, I can't help but make the "MMMMMMM, Gawd thats good!!" perhaps socially, unacceptably loud, and roll my eyes.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've tried to muster up that approach before, but once I get inside the steakhouse, I just end up wanting the biggest piece of meat on the menu, but I do REALLY want to try a quality fillet. My girlfriend thinks I'm weird because whenever I bite into a truly good piece of food, I can't help but make the "MMMMMMM, Gawd thats good!!" perhaps socially, unacceptably loud, and roll my eyes.
Haha, you sound like me man, I can be embarrassing like that too. Steak is where it's at! But yeah, you really should try a fillet, compliment it with a side of shrimp or some other seafood, and like mentioned earlier have big ol' serving of veggies or a salad. Should be filling for ya..

Buffalo is some good stuff. Just got hip to that couple years ago when one of our upscale grocers brought in a boatload of it. CT hit the nail on the head as far as texture & whatnot, but I don't see a whole lotta difference in taste between it & a good cut of beef, maybe a little more tangy..

Damn, I'm getting hungry, gotta go eat..

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
volcom, theres this place in hacienda heights called "feedable". a C rating. its buffet style korean bbq. oh god! youve got a bbq at your table, and unlimited amounts of beef, chicken, pork, etc etc etc. rice, noodles, veggies, everything. lunch is like 12 bucks. definitely that greasy spoon place your talking about. im sure you know all the good asian style joints tho.

thai food has got to be my favorite tho. right below italian of course.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
volcom, theres this place in hacienda heights called "feedable". a C rating. its buffet style korean bbq. oh god! youve got a bbq at your table, and unlimited amounts of beef, chicken, pork, etc etc etc. rice, noodles, veggies, everything. lunch is like 12 bucks. definitely that greasy spoon place your talking about. im sure you know all the good asian style joints tho.

thai food has got to be my favorite tho. right below italian of course.
I'm with you, I love some Phad Thai (sp?). Thai food is like, fancy Asian food. I don't know, but its my favorite. I love me some Italian food too. You ever watch those mobster movies and they're cooking pasta, cutting up those fatty pieces of sausage in the pasta sauce, that gets stuck in my head and I want some gangster spaghetti.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you, I love some Phad Thai (sp?). Thai food is like, fancy Asian food. I don't know, but its my favorite. I love me some Italian food too. You ever watch those mobster movies and they're cooking pasta, cutting up those fatty pieces of sausage in the pasta sauce, that gets stuck in my head and I want some gangster spaghetti.
pretty much every other sunday at my grandmas house haha

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn you guys are making me so fcking hungry!! Boc Choy is the shiz Volcom! :cheers:

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Pad thai is the shizznit! I have had rattlesnake too and it was pretty damn tasty i have to say!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This stuff sounds real good but I have no idea where to go to buy it. I don't live in a big city anymore :(

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
favorite thai dishes: phad see ew with chicken or shrimp, and house salad with chicken with peanut dressing.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:lol:Im actually eating Taste of India Pad Thai right now

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I got a great Thai place on my corner...

My two faves are spicy cashew chicken w/ pineapple...

and the other is a whole half chicken BBQ...

Everything is served with brown rice with kidney beans, and pretty affordable considering its NYC. The half chicken is protein city.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
salad with chicken with peanut dressing.
Good stuff. There's a Chinese equivalent, only instead of lettuce, they use cold noodles, so cold noodles, sesame chicken, peanut sauce (carrot and cucumber slices) and chili oil.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff. There's a Chinese equivalent, only instead of lettuce, they use cold noodles, so cold noodles, sesame chicken, peanut sauce (carrot and cucumber slices) and chili oil.
Stop all this talk of pad thai and sh1t. i just ate and you guys are making me hungry again! I don't know how this epi is going to work in a recomp because i can't stop eating!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stop all this talk of pad thai and sh1t. i just ate and you guys are making me hungry again! I don't know how this epi is going to work in a recomp because i can't stop eating!
hahaha, I'm getting hungry too, seriously.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
God I love b1tches.

Hman, the epi will lean you a bit even higher cals bro. So eat up playeh!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
jesus that sounds so good. lets switch up the style a bit. ROSCOES CHICKEN AND WAFFLES.

this is my ultimate cheat meal.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had Roscoe's. I had a Fried Chicken & Cheese Omlette, with a waffle on the side. I'm seriously getting hungry.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im eating right now and Im getting hungry :p

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update

For everybody who is interested in the subject of this log and not our off topic discussions of food.

I have not lost sight or forgotten the objective of my log. However, please be reminded that I have no yet received the product, and all of my videos and measurements are pre-cycle evaluations of performance and I will re-post videos at the end of the cycle to contrast.

We are basically in Pre-Season if you will. I apologize if you're not into log digressions, but be assured, I've not lost focus or purpose.

I intend on posting one more pre-cycle strength evaluation on Bench Press, in the case that I cannot perform Deads (due to injuries), my current sprain has not recovered, even a little bit, so just in case. Therefore, in providing the bench press information, I will have a measurement of muscle endurance and muscle strength on record, granted they are solely upper body examples, but I'm doing the best I can. This is not a University Funded Research Article.

Thanks for your patience.

To everybody else, I prefer the diversity, so carry on :thumbsup:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Pre cycle evaluations are key IMO. Show's what difference the product makes. Keep up the great work!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
3 days and 5 pages already?! I'm so late I need a pregnancy test!

...It turned blue...gene...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 days and 5 pages already?! I'm so late I need a pregnancy test!

...It turned blue...gene...
good to have you, SB. I think everything you need to know to catch up is in the intro, the rest is sort of random. We haven't really started yet :think:

It'll be a few more days until I get, Da GENE, so I'm still doing preparatory evaluations and what not. Glad to have you here, bud :thumbsup:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
good to have you, SB. I think everything you need to know to catch up is in the intro, the rest is sort of random. We haven't really started yet :think:

It'll be a few more days until I get, Da GENE, so I'm still doing preparatory evaluations and what not. Glad to have you here, bud :thumbsup:
Not our fault Volcom... You're the one posting all the unrelated Blue GENE crap... :lol:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
psst. volcom. just got done doing some rack deads / bb shrug supersets. epic. glendora didnt know what hit em haha. got 315 x 10 on both for one set. using the versa grips of course.

btw. in your prep work, you should do some forearm strength tests :D
...kidding....kinda

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
psst. volcom. just got done doing some rack deads / bb shrug supersets. epic. glendora didnt know what hit em haha. got 315 x 10 on both for one set. using the versa grips of course.

btw. in your prep work, you should do some forearm strength tests :D
...kidding....kinda
Good job on the racks to shrugs super-set. It's rough isn't it? The racks drain the traps more then you'd think.

If I owned a handgrip dynamometer, I would.

However, using Db's or BB reps have a high probability of inadvertent cheating. You could unintentionally roll it a certain way, or get in a particular angle to ease the rep out. Its not a bad idea, I love grip strength and its one of the most universally applicable strengths to translate into just about anything weight training wise, but I don't have a dyamometer.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Good job on the racks to shrugs super-set. It's rough isn't it? The racks drain the traps more then you'd think.

If I owned a handgrip dynamometer

those are some epic forearms. they rival phil heath.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
those are some epic forearms. they rival phil heath.
Her power is less then 20 (which is actually pretty decent for a girl. I've seen 11's and 14's on many occasions) Average guy normally hits around 45-50. The highest I've gotten was a 72.

These tests are generally performed multiple, multiple times if its a "TEST" up to 10 or 20 squeezes, so you could be looking at her pumped up status.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats badass! I wanna try that thing

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Breakfast (7:30am)
Ronnie Coleman Special (but not as much and no cheese)
1 packet Oatmeal
8 eggs, 1 yolk (scrambled)
Mix it up and go to town.
So you actually mix the oatmeal into your eggs? If so, how? Do you cook it first or what? Please explain...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you actually mix the oatmeal into your eggs? If so, how? Do you cook it first or what? Please explain...
- Cook a pack of oatmeal, i like raisin and dates.
- Cook scrambled eggs, preferably no more then 2-3 yokes with 8-10 eggs.

You have oatmeal in the microwave, cooked and ready to go.
You have scrambled eggs on the stove, cook and ready to go.
Dump scrambled eggs in bowl of oatmeal, mix it up a little and eat.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like the vids, inspiring.

Did someone say Glendora? thats my birthplace.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub-A-Dub-Dub, this talk of food I love!! This sure isn't the log to be reading if you're on a fukkin' diet!!! ha ha You boyz got me starv-a-latin' now. I actually had plans on a rare cheat meal today anyway. I'm going to da buffet for lunch in a little while. I'm planning on 2 steaks, some BBQ Ribs, green beans, sweet potatoes, and fried apples for dessert. That's a "cheat meal" for the Thundergod! LMAO!! No bread, butter, mashed potatoes, ice cream, or sh*t like that. Real men eat real food. Volcom, thanks for the invite and please, Tear Dis Thing Up!!:head:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Like the vids, inspiring.

Did someone say Glendora? thats my birthplace.
damn. small world. im from la verne. lived here for 20 years. and i train at the 24 they recently built in glendora.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Return of Mr. Liu

Mr. Liu is a Chinese deep tissue masseuse. Mr. Liu, aka, Lord of Pain, aka The Dungeon Master, aka, The Executioner, visits my parents house every Wednesday night for an old fashioned, Chinese Deep Tissue Massage. This OG Massage is not pleasant, there's no new age sounds of the forest music playing in the back ground to relax your mind, there's nothing "feel good" about it. An OG Chinese Deep Tissue Massage consists on him placing the tip of his elbow on your muscle, resting all of his weight on in, and grinding the absolutely hell out of you. There's no, "oops, your tender there, I'll be gentle with this spot." It's, "your sore here, yeah?" GRIND IT TO SHITE with 200lbs behind the elbow tip.

I mentioned that I suffered a bit of a lumbar sprain from Dead Lifting, and I wanted to be back to 100% by next week, which is my estimated time for officially starting my the product, so I took one for the team and put myself through one of his 60 min, elbow driving massages.

My eyes were shut tight and my teeth were gnashing the ENTIRE time. I started to sweat from the pain, to the point where I was dripping ish out my nose. He pulled this new move on me last night (I'm face down), where he elevated one of my legs, like a one-legged WWE Boston-Crab, while driving his elbow into my lumbar and grinding like he's making herbal medicine. I have DOMS in my rhomboids this morning from that experience. He grinds all the nasty places to hell. There's this real sensitive area at the top and to the sides of the glutes, which sends a radiating pain up the back, that got ground to hell. Anything you can think of that would make you say, that would hurt, he ground. Still, I'll probably do it one more time next week, to keep my back in good shape.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn thats intense. Some hardcore dedication right there. Did it relieve any lumber pain?