Volcom's, Controlled Labs' - Look good in dem BLUE GENE(s), Sponsored Log

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
By my Father's missing right eye!! :eek: That sounds perfectly delicious there Mullet! But it's starting to detour us all from totally healthy eating with the white potatoes and sour cream. But it does sound extremely tasty. :food:
LOL!

Sorry TG, I had to; while it is delicious, it is most definitely a cheat meal. Let me prepare something more healthy tonight, and take a picture. Which country's cuisine do you feel like?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
LOL!

Sorry TG, I had to; while it is delicious, it is most definitely a cheat meal. Let me prepare something more healthy tonight, and take a picture. Which country's cuisine do you feel like?
Eritrea...

Lets see you punch your way out of THAT paper bag.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL!

Maybe something Polski?? :think: Anything but Romanian. Bleh. :sick:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ugh! I will pass on Romanian. I have a great Thai Stir-Fry, with peanuts, almonds, chillies and so forth; maybe I will make that.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been eating some South Beach Diet pizzas lately. Whole wheat crust with buffalo chicken. Spicy and healthy. I'm going to make a somewhat less-healthy homemade pizza in a couple of days. I'll make a whole wheat crust as well. My toppings will be ground chuck, turkey sausages (these fukkin'rule!), Low-fat mozzarella cheese. Then of course it'll be loaded with onions, peppers, black olives, and mushrooms. No sauce! I hate red sauce anyway. Ill take a pic and post it here to make you guys drool! :rolleyes:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ugh! I will pass on Romanian. I have a great Thai Stir-Fry, with peanuts, almonds, chillies and so forth; maybe I will make that.
I made some Romanian Chicken once, true to the recipe. And it totally sucked. I had to throw it out. I knew that was too much damn garlic to be using. Especially for a vampire like me! :icon_lol:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm curious about mediterranean food as well. Outside of fast food Gyros or wrapped grape leaf appetizers, I don't really know what mediterranean food offers.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious about mediterranean food as well. Outside of fast food Gyros or wrapped grape leaf appetizers, I don't really know what mediterranean food offers.
They use alot of seafoods like shrimp scallops and stuf like that and it always has olive oil in it!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They use alot of seafoods like shrimp scallops and stuf like that and it always has olive oil in it!
I'm down with the seafood and I'm down with the olive oil. I thought they served like baby yak, or whatever that was on My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

The Phillipinos like to have roasted whole pigs at their big parties as the center piece, (Hawaiians, too) and you walk up, carve a piece off the pig and eat. My friend's family hosted a party with the whole roasted pig deal and I effing loved it!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I disappear for 2 days and I've got 4 pages of posts to dig through. Sheesh!

Anyways, this thread always makes me hungry, so I'm gonna talk about food. I went to Wegmans for the first time in my life and almost splooged in my pants. They had so much interesting stuff everywhere, it was awesome. I thought it was crazy to see $30/lb. steaks, but then I was informed that they have $1,000/lb. truffles. $1,000 A POUND?!?! WTF? I could feed myself for a month and a half for the price of one pound of truffles. That's freaking crazy!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I disappear for 2 days and I've got 4 pages of posts to dig through. Sheesh!

Anyways, this thread always makes me hungry, so I'm gonna talk about food. I went to Wegmans for the first time in my life and almost splooged in my pants. They had so much interesting stuff everywhere, it was awesome. I thought it was crazy to see $30/lb. steaks, but then I was informed that they have $1,000/lb. truffles. $1,000 A POUND?!?! WTF? I could feed myself for a month and a half for the price of one pound of truffles. That's freaking crazy!!
$1,000/lbs truffles and $30/lbs steak!! Damn, what do they use for toilet paper in their restrooms, five dollar bills?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stack Udate

My quads are toast from yesterdays S&Q/Plyo HIIT session. Deep leap frogs to sprints sounds moderate on paper, but in practice they are killer. Muscle fatigue sets in, in multitudes as the sets progress.

One of the major downfalls about logging the same product, as I am with Blue GENE, for an extended period, is that what once was an increase in performance, soon becomes a standard that you grow accustomed to. I may have reached a pinnacle in gym performance stamina, therefore, even if the product is still producing positive benefits, the benefits are at a threshold, and will only be noticeable, sadly, once those benefits leave.

In hindsight, I would have done a pre-cycle time trial HIIT session and clocked that same HIIT routine throughout this second portion of the log to assess Blue GENE's effects over high impact cardio performance.

I'm currently using Blue UP and Blue GENE. My routine has changed from solely bodybuilding, to bodybuilding and cardio, primarily HIIT. I will see how Blue Up and Blue GENE fairs in increasing my cardio-ability (including weight loss), while hopefully, achieving an increase in strength.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are your stats now? Weight? bf? measurements?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are your stats now? Weight? bf? measurements?
I'm 211lbs right now. I took measurements prior to the initial log, but I didn't have a bf reading at that time and without a bf reading, those measurements aren't too reliable. My numbers could go up because I got fatter, not swoller, or they could have gone down because I got leaner, so my actual LBM could be up, but its reflected as a decrease, so having the numbers without the relative bf% makes those measurements almost null & void.

I don't know my current body fat%, but I can say that I could afford to lose 10-15lbs to be really lean.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
werd up Volume!

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I'm 211lbs right now. I took measurements prior to the initial log, but I didn't have a bf reading at that time and without a bf reading, those measurements aren't too reliable. My numbers could go up because I got fatter, not swoller, or they could have gone down because I got leaner, so my actual LBM could be up, but its reflected as a decrease, so having the numbers without the relative bf% makes those measurements almost null & void.

I don't know my current body fat%, but I can say that I could afford to lose 10-15lbs to be really lean.
What is your geusstimate?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started at 214-216, and I'm down to a consistent 211lbs. I suppose I could retake my measurements and see what the deal is.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's all good, but I'm weary of the accuracy of my initial measurements (I had a second person take my initial measurements). I did begin to retake some measurements toward then end of the first half of this cycle, and when my arm girth increased by an inch and a half, I was like :think:..... mmmm yeaahhh, no.

I can take them for kicks though.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you have the same guy do the measurements again?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Google word of the day, "psychoneuroimmunology." It's an interesting field of science.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Phillipinos like to have roasted whole pigs at their big parties as the center piece, (Hawaiians, too) and you walk up, carve a piece off the pig and eat. My friend's family hosted a party with the whole roasted pig deal and I effing loved it!
We do it like this way down in Tennessee also!! Love the roasted pig!! Suey!! :icon_lol:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Hel yeah!!:head: I loved that! I was hoping he killed that sucka. That's what he gets for the wimp-ass bum-rush. HA HA :smite:
Gotta love MMA fighters getting into unsanctioned matches... F*cker gave him a street triangle... :icon_lol:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure what's going on, but my flat bench has not been feeling right lately. Ever since I did my first flat bench strength assessment, my strength dropped significantly and I haven't been able to return to that level of performance ever since. The movement feels awkward and the weights always feel heavier then they should.

I've decided to focus on Incline for awhile, for whatever reason, my physiology is rejecting the flat bench, per se. I wonder if it's a muscle specific over-training or I don't know. I'm going to focus on incline for a little while and if things don't change, then I may lay off chest for a couple weeks altogether.

Incline Chest Day

Incline Bench, Free
225lbs x 8 reps
225lbs x 7 reps
225lbs x 7 reps
225lbs x 6 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
185lbs x 8 reps

Heavy, Incline Db Flies
60lbs x 10 reps
70lbs x 8 reps
70lbs x 8 reps
80lbs x 6 reps

Incline Hammer Press
180lbs x 10 reps
200lbs x 10 reps
220lbs x 10 reps
230lbs x 8 reps

About the Blue Balls Stack.

- I did notice a temporary spike in libido, but nothing like it was during my first two weeks of Blue GENE.

- I don't have any supplement related lethargy and that's a huge plus in my book. I was afraid I was starting to suffer from Blue GENE lethargy and since I can't afford that right now, i almost considered stopping, but apparently, I just needed a couple days of good sleep.

If I do not respond to the free incline bench, then I'm going back to Smith to see if I don't have over-trained stabilizers. If that does not solve my issue, then I'll stop benching altogether for 2 weeks. Maybe even stop free weight shoulder movements that require significant stabilizer recruitment and stick with Smith, Machines and my power lifting.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn I was gonna use that icon soon haha

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Current Measurements

Current Weight: 211lbs

Upper Arm (bi's & tri's): 16.5 inches

Upper Arm (Flexed): 19 inches

Lower Arm (forearms): 13 inches

Chest (beneath arms): 46 inches

Chest (around delts): 54 inches

Upper Leg (Quads & Hams): 25 inches

Lower Leg (Calves): 16.5 inches

Waist: 32 inches

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Morning Cardio

S&Q/Plyo HIIT
[all bouts and transitional exercises were performed with 10 seconds rest in between]

50yds high knees/50yds sprint back x 3 bouts

50yds butt kickers/50yds sprint back x 3 bouts

50yds back peddle/50yds sprint back x 3 bouts

50yds full sprint/50yds full sprint back x 3 bouts

50yds power skips/50yds sprint back x 3 bouts

10 leap frogs/5 seconds full sprint x 3 bouts

I'm loving the Blue GENE at the moment. My stamina is my current priority and Blue GENE has always been great in stamina for me.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Current Weight: 211lbs

Upper Arm (bi's & tri's): 16.5 inches

Upper Arm (Flexed): 19 inches

Lower Arm (forearms): 13 inches

Chest (beneath arms): 46 inches

Chest (around delts): 54 inches

Upper Leg (Quads & Hams): 25 inches

Lower Leg (Calves): 16.5 inches

Waist: 32 inches
My chest is like 44, but arms are only like 15 1/2 wtf?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My chest is like 44, but arms are only like 15 1/2 wtf?
My arms, relaxed are only 16 something right? And my chest (beneath the arms is 46, so we have about the same ratio as far as chest to upper arms.