vikinginc's Xtremely[!] Stoked[!] about his Epi[©] Journey from ~T7 to D4~

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, it was painful, bro, trust me ! But I definitely needed something like that, a mixer-up.
That was a nice "mixer-upper" there viking. I'm glad you bit the bullet and hit the gym regardless of how you felt. Now you don't have to sit around and condemn yourself for skipping a workout. I must confess that I have not missed a single workout in over 14 months now. Not 1!! My mind plagues me if I let myself miss a workout. The mind is weaker than the body if you ask me. If we could truly by-pass the mental safety switches that are in place within our psyche, we could attain great feats of strength and endurance! I know that it would probabaly be better if I did schedule a lay-off every now and then. But I feel that with my modified DC routine that the scheduled 2 week "cruise-peroid" is actually like an "active-layoff" if you will. It's truly sub-maximal weights and intensity. So I consider it an active-rest!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree snag! Why do all these guys become obsessed with becoming mass-monsters??!! It does NOT look good at all. The sport needs to re-gress back to the level of the competitors during the late 60's through the 70's. Arnold, Zane, Ferrigno, Ed Corney, and guys like that had great looking physiques. They were more concerned with aesthetics than just pure mass. At the famous 75' Olympia Lou Ferrigno at 6'5" only weighed 258 lbs. and Arnold was around 225 lbs. or so if I remember correctly. They both looked amazing. Don't you know that big Lou could have bulked to over 300 lbs. easily if had wanted to? But why would he want to? I think the freaks are hurting the image of the sport. Let's get back to the basics of why we started lifting in the first place.
Exactly bro. I think Dorian got things going towards the mass end, even tho he never got so disproportioned as what we're seeing now. Coleman took it to new heights - and look where it got him, from one of the best physiques in history (circa early first yrs. of this century) to what he's put out the last few years - misshapen, unsymmetrical, and just too damn big. Granted, the dudes age may have played a part, but I think he actively changed his philosophy & drug regime when he saw Cutler gaining momentum based on sheer size. It is a grotesque aspect of the sport, these beastly proportions.

Interesting you bring up Lou. In the early 90's (I think it was, may have been late 80's), he dropped 85 lbs. to play the Hercules movie, going from a bloated but massive (yet still symmetrical!) 315 to 230 for the role. And he looked crazy dialed in at 230, just aesthetically really on point.

I def. agree with you on getting back to the roots of the sport. Here's to like-mindedness bro!! :cheers:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've seen people doing these before. But I have never tried them myself. I believe I'll throw a couple of sets of these on at the end of my leg session tomorrow morning. I've been doing my DB lunges the way I've seen Lee Priest doing them. He has his "lunging" leg up on an angled foot plate of a hack-squat machine. He lunges forward onto the leg that is elevated on the floor plate. They feel better than regular lunges. I feel them hitting the large belly of the thigh muscles better than he regular lunges which seem to stress my knees more than anything else. Thanks for reminding me of this alternative. I'll definitely try some of these tomorrow!! Thanks Volcom!! :clap2:
Very good add man! I agree with you on that particular angle, as straight lunges do tend to tweak my knees as well. And hell, anything that Lee Priest does is worth a look-see for the Snag Priest! :D

Off topic - I saw from somewhere awhile back that you're in Tennessee, is that right? Where 'bouts? I got a brother-in-law that lives in Dandridge.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very good add man! I agree with you on that particular angle, as straight lunges do tend to tweak my knees as well. And hell, anything that Lee Priest does is worth a look-see for the Snag Priest! :D

Off topic - I saw from somewhere awhile back that you're in Tennessee, is that right? Where 'bouts? I got a brother-in-law that lives in Dandridge.
Southeastern Tennessee. Close to Chattanooga. Down by the big river steam-boats and choo-choo trains. LOL. Beautiful area of the country.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Southeastern Tennessee. Close to Chattanooga. Down by the big river steam-boats and choo-choo trains. LOL. Beautiful area of the country.
Looks like you're about 2-2.5 hrs. away from Dandridge. My wife wants to go down there to visit her brother for Spring Break, take the fam & all. Thought it'd be cool to meet ya, maybe we could burn a few, trade training ideologies, and you could school me on the finer aspects of pillaging and whatnot, hahaaa! Sounds like good times..

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you're about 2-2.5 hrs. away from Dandridge. My wife wants to go down there to visit her brother for Spring Break, take the fam & all. Thought it'd be cool to meet ya, maybe we could burn a few, trade training ideologies, and you could school me on the finer aspects of pillaging and whatnot, hahaaa! Sounds like good times..
It does indeed my friend. We could get stoned and talk about the glory days of bodybuilding!! Oh....and eat a lot of good food!!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It does indeed my friend. We could get stoned and talk about the glory days of bodybuilding!! Oh....and eat a lot of good food!!
Hell yes, good eats for sure! I'm sure between the two of us we could finagle something up.. I'll hit you up down the road, when we know for sure what the plan is for that week.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Exactly bro. I think Dorian got things going towards the mass end, even tho he never got so disproportioned as what we're seeing now. Coleman took it to new heights - and look where it got him, from one of the best physiques in history (circa early first yrs. of this century) to what he's put out the last few years - misshapen, unsymmetrical, and just too damn big. Granted, the dudes age may have played a part, but I think he actively changed his philosophy & drug regime when he saw Cutler gaining momentum based on sheer size. It is a grotesque aspect of the sport, these beastly proportions.

Interesting you bring up Lou. In the early 90's (I think it was, may have been late 80's), he dropped 85 lbs. to play the Hercules movie, going from a bloated but massive (yet still symmetrical!) 315 to 230 for the role. And he looked crazy dialed in at 230, just aesthetically really on point.

I def. agree with you on getting back to the roots of the sport. Here's to like-mindedness bro!! :cheers:
Can you imagine dropping from 315 to 230?!?!?! Talk about a rest for your knees. I can imagine being 315 would be a b*tch to walk up the stairs. I've read stories about some of these bodybuilders and their routines to get ready for competitions. They get tired doing simple things like walking up stairs - or going grocery shopping... god forbid they mow the lawn.

I just don't find that kind of "strength" to be useful... but then again - I don't get paid to prance around in a bikini bottom either. They gotta do what they gotta do to feed themselves and enjoy their hobby / profession.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That Trey Brewer vid was nasty as hell!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree snag! Why do all these guys become obsessed with becoming mass-monsters??!! It does NOT look good at all. The sport needs to re-gress back to the level of the competitors during the late 60's through the 70's. Arnold, Zane, Ferrigno, Ed Corney, and guys like that had great looking physiques. They were more concerned with aesthetics than just pure mass. At the famous 75' Olympia Lou Ferrigno at 6'5" only weighed 258 lbs. and Arnold was around 225 lbs. or so if I remember correctly. They both looked amazing. Don't you know that big Lou could have bulked to over 300 lbs. easily if had wanted to? But why would he want to? I think the freaks are hurting the image of the sport. Let's get back to the basics of why we started lifting in the first place.
I think competitors look their best as amateurs for the most part, or maybe the first couple years as a pro, where they've added some new mass, BUT still maintained a lean frame. Early Coleman, early Jay. Phil Heath's current size. Brandon Curry's another "newbie" favorite. Darrem Charles has a great muscular while lean frame. I think the sport has evolved too much "FOR ME" that if I saw a Frank Zane or even an Arnold with that stupendous chest, but iddy biddy bird legs, I would think they'd belong in the amateur ranks of today, but I agree, conditioning & aesthetics should be emphasized over sheer size & monstrosity.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can you imagine dropping from 315 to 230?!?!?! Talk about a rest for your knees. I can imagine being 315 would be a b*tch to walk up the stairs. I've read stories about some of these bodybuilders and their routines to get ready for competitions. They get tired doing simple things like walking up stairs - or going grocery shopping... god forbid they mow the lawn.

I just don't find that kind of "strength" to be useful... but then again - I don't get paid to prance around in a bikini bottom either. They gotta do what they gotta do to feed themselves and enjoy their hobby / profession.
True enough.

Unlike Jay (5'9") and these other short guys who break the 300+ lb. barrier, Ferrigno was 6'5". Little bit different having that mass stretched out over that frame.

But yeah, hear ya on the 85-lb. weight loss, that was some serious shredding for that role. He lost some major muscle as well, but I think he looked damn good at that weight.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think competitors look their best as amateurs for the most part, or maybe the first couple years as a pro, where they've added some new mass, BUT still maintained a lean frame. Early Coleman, early Jay. Phil Heath's current size. Brandon Curry's another "newbie" favorite. Darrem Charles has a great muscular while lean frame. I think the sport has evolved too much "FOR ME" that if I saw a Frank Zane or even an Arnold with that stupendous chest, but iddy biddy bird legs, I would think they'd belong in the amateur ranks of today, but I agree, conditioning & aesthetics should be emphasized over sheer size & monstrosity.
Agreed man. Their steroid/HGH stacks got outta control, off the chain. Cutler's chin/jawbone will be the size of Rhode Island if he doesn't lay off..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed man. Their steroid/HGH stacks got outta control, off the chain. Cutler's chin/jawbone will be the size of Rhode Island if he doesn't lay off..
Another one is Dennis Jame, I like Dennis James, so I'm not ragging on him, but I don't know if its just his face or the GH, but he looks like a horse from the side his jaw because his cheeks and jaws stick out so far.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I guess I can relate a bit though... How many of you would turn down another 30 pounds... and when you put it on over a period of 5 or 10 years, its not as drastic... but people might think you look silly.

I've already had some comments from people thinking I would be stupid to put on another 15 or 20 pounds... And I'm only 185.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Day #17:

Legs

Seated Leg Estensions (a la Volcom)

Warm-up: 100 * 30, 120 * 30

Working sets:
120 * 30 reps - step off machine, squat down to 70-100 degrees (depends on how exhausted I am), and stay for 60 seconds. Non-stop, return to next set of 120 * 30 reps, followed by another 60 seconds in squats stance, and a third set just like it. My quads, particularly my tear-drops, were popping out like aliens on my quads. I got an hellacious pump right off the bat with these !

One-legged Horizontal Leg Press

Warm up sets: 90 * 20, 135 * 15

Working sets: 180 * 12, 225 * 8, 225 * 6, 225 * 6

Laying Leg Curls -

Warm-up: 120 * 20 reps

Working sets:
150 * 12 reps -> DROP -> 120 * 10 reps

Machine Calf Raises

Working sets: 200 * 25 reps * 3 sets

Weight - ?

I had enough after those sets. A sense of fatigue, hunger, and all the rest.. I was definitely affected by the whole surgery process; didn't have the stamina I was hoping for today. I think i did the best out of what I had, though. New personal record on the horizontal leg press with 225 * 3 sets * 6-8 reps. And I was controlled the movement better than alst time I was handling that weight for half the amount of reps. Quads are growing, and I'm real glad i pushed my body to the limit today, and didn't give myself a sorry a$$ excuse not to do legs.
Great workout my viking brother, awesome.
Sorry i havent posted here i keep forgetting to, but ive been following along. Keep it up bro..

Russian

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Day #18:

Biceps, lower abs

Barbell Curls - 95 * 15, 95 * 15, 95 * 15, 95 * 15
Seated Hammer DB Curls - 50 * 10, 50 * 10, 50 * 12, 50 * 10
Uni-arm Machine Curls - 90 * 20, 90 * 20, 90 * 20, 90 * 10 -> rest pause - > 5 reps -> 5 reps
Machine Preacher Curls - 100 * 10, 80 * 10, 80 * 10, 80 * 10

Bench Leg Tucks - 4 sets * 30 reps

Weight - ?

- I wasn't feeling good today at all. Went in to work late, and left early. Been feeling like a flu is coming on to me .. immune system's down a bit. Took a lot outta me to get into the gym. I had 1/3 Endorush prior to hitting the gym with some beta alanine and xtend. Did get an out of this world pump in my biceps; I swear, my bicep looked swollen in odd places. Had a new shape to it, higher peaked. I don't know why, but I got such a feel for biceps today . .

Since I didn't feel too energetic, I was in and out in 40 minutes. Figured I'd get some rest, recovery and nutrition down, and recover from the surgery as well as this immune system 'dysfunction' . .

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may have missed this but are you taking any support supplements?

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I may have missed this but are you taking any support supplements?
Hawthorn Berry, Milk Thistle. Also taking fish oil, CLA, sesamin oil, Juice Plus(+), Vitamin C, and a multivitamin.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
one more post viking and it will be that magic time of day

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wtf does that mean??? lol?

keep takin it easy man. Maybe get some NAC, ALA, and niacin. Lots of OJ or if your like me and love Grape fruit juice its even better.... All of these are super strong anti-oxidants and should help support healthy immune function. Resveratrol is also a GREAT anti-oxidant and worth looking into. Heres where Ill shamelessly plug that Reverse, IBE's res combo product, is by far the most orally bioavailable form out as well and worth it when half life and effective doses are compared.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wtf does that mean??? lol?
hman was referring to it being viking's 420th post. You know....4-20. Hitler's birthday and time to smoke up!! :toofunny:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day #18:

Biceps, lower abs

Barbell Curls - 95 * 15, 95 * 15, 95 * 15, 95 * 15
Seated Hammer DB Curls - 50 * 10, 50 * 10, 50 * 12, 50 * 10
Uni-arm Machine Curls - 90 * 20, 90 * 20, 90 * 20, 90 * 10 -> rest pause - > 5 reps -> 5 reps
Machine Preacher Curls - 100 * 10, 80 * 10, 80 * 10, 80 * 10

Bench Leg Tucks - 4 sets * 30 reps

Weight - ?

- Since I didn't feel too energetic, I was in and out in 40 minutes. Figured I'd get some rest, recovery and nutrition down, and recover from the surgery as well as this immune system 'dysfunction' . .
Way to persevere and go on through with it. Most people would have taken a whole fukkin' week off of lifting because of going through what you just experienced with the oral surgery and all. I still say you're making the right choice by training through. You are already extremely mentally tough. But this will only make you tougher. Remember....that which does not kill us...:twisted:

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
hman was referring to it being viking's 420th post. You know....4-20. Hitler's birthday and time to smoke up!! :toofunny:
420 is my favorite holiday. I celebrate it every day. :toofunny:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
420 is my favorite holiday. I celebrate it every day. :toofunny:
I know that's right! I just got through celebrating it myself. Gotta have that post-workout victory spliff!! :D

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha, thanks for clearing that one up, TG. For whatever reason, my mind just didn't comprehend that one last night ! Hmmm, suspicious ! haha

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Day #19:

- I'm still a bit out of it today. Woke up in the middle of the night last night, and was kept awake by some insane crater-pain on the right side of my mouth. After thirty minutes of trying to fall back asleep, I took two Darvocet with the Pennicillin. Fell asleep within 15 minutes, and when I woke up four hours later, my body was feeling relieved, eased of tension . . I knew the pain killers were still acting on my system, but at least no pain. I've now been up for a couple of hours, still unable to go to work, as I'm pretty drowsy overall. I've got a couple of hours before I'm supposed to hit the gym, so i'm just going to carefully choke down these meals and try to keep up and about.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Quick question for you guys.

You've got the option of either 500g Leucine or 500 g Glutamine, which do you pick, why, and how would you dose it?

[I'm already using 6 scoops Xtend each day, totaling ~10-11 grams l-Leucine.]

I was personally thinking of getting Glutamine, and do 10grams post-workout, and 10 grams pre-bed, but at the same time, i'm hearing so much great feedback of adding L-Leucine to a post-workout shake, in both protein synthesis as well as in creating an anabolic environment ..

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Leucine for sure!! Glutamine unless given intravenously is pointless as it won't be absorbed in the muscle, when taken orally all it does is help with your intestines

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick question for you guys.

You've got the option of either 500g Leucine or 500 g Glutamine, which do you pick, why, and how would you dose it?

[I'm already using 6 scoops Xtend each day, totaling ~10-11 grams l-Leucine.]

I was personally thinking of getting Glutamine, and do 10grams post-workout, and 10 grams pre-bed, but at the same time, i'm hearing so much great feedback of adding L-Leucine to a post-workout shake, in both protein synthesis as well as in creating an anabolic environment ..
Leucine, bro, all the freaking WHEY.

Glutamine is an ambiguous supplement, quite honestly, MOST (not all, but MOST) of the"positive studies" on Glutamine were performed on severe diabetics, not much, if any "significantly" positive studies were performed on healthy persons.

Leucine, proof positive
- helps prevent catabolism intra workout
- helps reverse catabolism post workout
- increases the release of insulin post workout
- increases insulin sensitivity
- increase nitrogen retention (this one I might be making up)

But the insulin release and insulin sensitivity post workout are well established.

I like taking Leucine post workout, the combination of carbs/protein/leucine aids in insulin release which helps to uptake those post workout carbs in an already post workout perpetuated, insulin sensitive environment, which the leucine still further augments.

Leucine is good pre, intra and post, but I keep it at post just because I'm not so worried about intra catabolism, my concern is the positive insulin, positive anabolic effects post workout.

Leucine all the WHEY.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
P.S.

The above listed positive effects of Leucine are achieved independent of L-Valine or L-Isoleucine. Of course I am a fan of taking the BCAA in its entirety, but Leucine does not need it's other branches to achieve these benefits. It's the concentration of leucine that perpetuates these effects.

University studies have used doses from 10-14g daily, that I am personally aware of.

It does not mean the more leucine, the more insulin release and greater sensitivity, there is of course a threshold, but it is currently unclear of what exactly that threshold is.

Protein/Fast Carbs/Leucine is the most popular combination

other studies have used Protein/Fast Carbs/Leucine & Arginine (and others with Glutamine).

I don't remember what or why, but the Protein/Fast Carbs/Leucine & Arginine had the most significant benefits, but I'm okay with just P/C/Leucine.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
P.S.

The above listed positive effects of Leucine are achieved independent of L-Valine or L-Isoleucine. Of course I am a fan of taking the BCAA in its entirety, but Leucine does not need it's other branches to achieve these benefits. It's the concentration of leucine that perpetuates these effects.

University studies have used doses from 10-14g daily, that I am personally aware of.

It does not mean the more leucine, the more insulin release and greater sensitivity, there is of course a threshold, but it is currently clear of what exactly that threshold is.

Protein/Fast Carbs/Leucine is the most popular combination

other studies have used Protein/Fast Carbs/Leucine & Arginine (and others with Glutamine).

I don't remember what or why, but the Protein/Fast Carbs/Leucine & Arginine had the most significant benefits, but I'm okay with just P/C/Leucine.
Thank you, sir ! Couldn't have asked for a more straight-to-the-point answer, and with great reasoning ! The Leucine is dedicated to you, Volcom, a 500g order was just made.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you, sir ! Couldn't have asked for a more straight-to-the-point answer, and with great reasoning ! The Leucine is dedicated to you, Volcom, a 500g order was just made.
Sweeeeet

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Nutraplanet, once again, Impressive and Impeccable customer service ! I placed my order less than two hours ago, and I was already sent a shipping confirmation e-mail.

A+ as usual, NP !

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I remember Glutamine was the hot *hit when I started lifting about 6 or so years ago...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Volcom, well said, and agreed.

Allstar - not true. Glutamine does have it's usefulness (and not thru IV drip either, it's absorbed by the body without such tactics), and Viking the fashion you said you'd use it in was spot on, with the slight exception I'd go 15g post w/o. Glutamine timed correctly has it's uses, but moreso on a CNS recovery level, keeps you from getting drained as much, plus it's a pretty good antioxidant on it's own. But really, it's usefulness is in hardcore diet mode, when you're really stressing your system, training hard on lowered caloric intake. I find it a must-use supp when at the end of contest prep..

For your purposes right now, the leucine is a no-brainer.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Still, I'm feeling out of it ! Talk about being under the weather .. my craters are aching and keeping me in pain throughout the day, and I've avoided taking painkillers throughout the day in order to avoid the lethargic feeling .. I went for a 30 minute walk an hour ago, and it didn't wake me up. I feel like laying down, and nothing but laying down. I hate it. D4 nor Velocity XT is energizing me, so I'm contemplating calling it quits for the day (i.e no work out) and begin my carb-intake.. Having felt like this since Tuesday was much worse than expected, and I'm definitely done putting on my damn patience cap. The surgery was at an aweful timing, both for the sake of this run as well as school-wise. I missed a test in my Statistics class following the day of my surgery, and my prof is having me re-take a Departmental exam, instead of the test identical to my professors. This mean different ways of asking questions, and different answer choices .. NOT a good thing to deal with at the moment. Other than that, the past three days of being 'down' have had me post-pone my studying. I've accumulated three tests next week, and it's going to be a bithc to get this in order right now. THERE'S the reason for why I WANT to hit the gym today, but my feeling under the weather is the reason for why I SHOULD NOT WANT to hit the gym ..

Still in for consideration . .

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
.. and the fact is, I always feel so much more deserving of the 4/20-like celebration if I can get a pump on first . .

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Day #19: PM Workout

Triceps, Abs

Incline Crunches* - 25, 25, 20, 20 reps
Leg Tucks* - 30, 30, 30, 30 reps

Rope Pressdowns* - 40 * 20, 50 * 20, 60 * 20, 70 * 20, 70 * 20
Laying EZ-bar Extensions* - 90 * 15, 100 * 12, 100 * 12, 100 * 12

(* superset one set of abs with one set of triceps throughout workout)

Weight - ?

- although all my body can offer is a 30 minute all-out attack, it's been sufficient enough for a wicked body pump. I got a great deep feel in both my abs and triceps today, and felt like the 8 sets per bodypart was sufficient for the day . . well, by the end of my sets, I was actually so thrown off from a feeling of nausea that I knew a gym-evacuation was inevitable. However, I got a little mini-session in, and I will not feel guilty indulging in either a footlong Subway this evening, or a Medium 1-topping pizza. Nor will I post-pone my 4/20 celebration any more ..

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutraplanet, once again, Impressive and Impeccable customer service ! I placed my order less than two hours ago, and I was already sent a shipping confirmation e-mail.

A+ as usual, NP !
Last week I placed an order and later the same day it shipped out. The very next day it arrived at my house at 2:00 P.M. about 28 hours exactly from the time I placed the order. Amazing service. Go NP!! :head:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day #19: PM Workout

Triceps, Abs

Incline Crunches* - 25, 25, 20, 20 reps
Leg Tucks* - 30, 30, 30, 30 reps

Rope Pressdowns* - 40 * 20, 50 * 20, 60 * 20, 70 * 20, 70 * 20
Laying EZ-bar Extensions* - 90 * 15, 100 * 12, 100 * 12, 100 * 12

(* superset one set of abs with one set of triceps throughout workout)

Weight - ?

- although all my body can offer is a 30 minute all-out attack, it's been sufficient enough for a wicked body pump. I got a great deep feel in both my abs and triceps today, and felt like the 8 sets per bodypart was sufficient for the day . . well, by the end of my sets, I was actually so thrown off from a feeling of nausea that I knew a gym-evacuation was inevitable. However, I got a little mini-session in, and I will not feel guilty indulging in either a footlong Subway this evening, or a Medium 1-topping pizza. Nor will I post-pone my 4/20 celebration any more ..
I'm proud of you. Odin is proud of you. You should be proud of yourself. And ditto on the post-workout 4-20 celebration!! It makes it worth the pain we put ourselves through. Rest and recover my viking brother. Gute Nacht. :yawn:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm proud of you. Odin is proud of you. You should be proud of yourself. And ditto on the post-workout 4-20 celebration!! It makes it worth the pain we put ourselves through. Rest and recover my viking brother. Gute Nacht. :yawn:
I was originally going to quote Thunder and say "yeah, Gute Nacht!" because I thought it was some kind of warcry, but in further evaluation of his smiley that looked very un-warcry'esque, I reasoned that he was saying good night.... oh well, next Norse warcry quote opportunity.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was originally going to quote Thunder and say "yeah, Gute Nacht!" because I thought it was some kind of warcry, but in further evaluation of his smiley that looked very un-warcry'esque, I reasoned that he was saying good night.... oh well, next Norse warcry quote opportunity.
Senden Sie!!! :head: Never Surrender!! How about that one Volcom??!! Das Gute??

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Day #20:

Shoulders/Traps

Hammer Shoulder Press:

Warm-up sets: 90 * 20, 140 * 15
Working sets: 180 * 12, 230 * 8, 230 * 7, 230 * 6

Smith Machine Behind-neck Press:

Warm-up set: 135 * 15
Working sets: 185 * 10, 185 * 10, 185 * 10

Seated Side Laterals:

Warm-up sets: 30 * 15
Working sets: 40 * 12, 40 * 12, 40 * 12
Finish off with one Drop set: 40 * 12 -> 30 * 10 -> 20 * 10

Rear Machine Laterals:

Working sets: 190 * 20, 220 * 15, 250 * 12, 280 * 10

Standing DB Shrugs - 100 * 30, 120 * 25, 150 * 20, 150 * 20

Laying Upright Cable Rows (on seated cable row):

Working sets: 100 * 12, 100 * 12, 100 * 12

superset with

Laying EZ-bar Cable Shrugs (on seated cable row):

Working sets: 300 * 15, 300 * 15, 300 * 15

Weight - ?

- Great workout, apart from the damn gym being freeeeezing cold, and the 6-8 grams of beta alanine I consumed prior to and during my session had me sweating balls. Didn't use camera much as I was too into the insane pump I had. Vascularity is getting progressively better; getting some nasty veins crossing my front deltoids into my upper chest.

Now surprise #1 and #2:

* Starting Saturday, 18/10: PSlin @ 1-2 caps/day
* Starting Monday 20/10: M-drol @ 20 mg/day

- I will run Epistane till around Day #35 or #40, depending on how I feel [literally]. M-drol will be ran until the final day of the run as well, so for a total of appx. 2-3 weeks. Epistane was lowered from 40mg/day down to 30mg/day as I added M-drol @ 20mg/day. I'm looking for some insane hardness and vascularity. The carbohydrate-loving M-drol alongside the PSlin could do some serious damage. Anyway, I'm ready for some GROWTH !

- As M-drol was added, I will add Letro to my PCT. Last time around with M-drol I got some delayed onset gyno for a couple of weeks, and letro was the only thing that helped. Letro will be added @ 2.5mg EOD starting on Day #1 of PCT to avoid any gyno related issues, and ran until Day #20 of PCT.

Here's today's Gym Assault. No more than a minute..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBvlBz44Kj0"]YouTube - An Epi(c) Gym Assault IX[/ame]

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your delts and traps are looking murderous man! Definition, striation and contour, it's all on display. I think the separation of the different delt heads looked more apparent on this video then the last shoulder blast video I watched.