VECTOR AND A YOUNG BUCK

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Jesus Christ I'm away for a few hours and it's all out War Zone in here. And I'm guessing Op is original poster? If I've got it on my log that's what I'm doing I may take a little while to write it and it may not be in-depth as the Situation's log was trust me I'm not writing this just for the f*** of it. Well I kind of am but I'm not just making up a bunch of mumbo jumbo just to seem like an advocate lifter. And as far as the gains part HAHA when I first started working out "LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AGO" I was barely benching over a hundred pounds as a Max barely squatting 150 as a Max barely deadlifting 180 azamax my bench max now is 185 my squat is 225 and my deadlift is 250. When I started working out I was a 147 pounds at the moment I am a 175. This was from only food no PH no AAS nothing beside my massgainershake that apparently s*** and lots and lots of food. AND I AM NOT SAYING THAT THESE STATS ARE BY FAR ANY MEANS IMPRESSIVE BUT THESE ARE MY CURRENT STATS. Throughout the week my weight May jump up and go back down BUt the end of the week I'm weighing at LEAST 1 lb more then I was the previous we. AND NICE TO SEE YOU ON THE LOG COWBOY!!!! Every one of your all's inputs everyone is correct to a certain standpoint whether it's something Beast is said Tyga the solution or cowboy. This form was made to indulge intrigue and inform people to improve themselves physically on all aspects of that capability. I'm not say let's sing Kumbaya but talkin hard core s*** ain't going to get nobody nowhere. the situation has given me some very interesting information that I will utilize. So Props for that everybody else who has commented on the log props to them because they had pointed out some flaws. Regardless thank you for everybody's posts getting home late so my log update will be coming at you shortly with pictures

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 rest day
Four eggs coffee honey and rice 30g protien shake

Rice soup chicken green onions and onions

Chicken quarter leg lightly fried rice with mixed veggies

Cup of milk chicken and rice

Feeling a little peckish tonight so before I go to bed I'll have a small chicken breast and an apple and orange
Screenshot_20181126-004324.jpeg
View attachment 175004
Screenshot_20181126-004642.jpeg

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
And obviously I took my vector just thought about that didn't want to get eaten alive by the comments lol goodnight everyone can't wait to see your post in the morning!!! I need to work on my posing and posture alot.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Morning fellas, man what is going on up in here. My 2 cents in reference to the previous posts.

The Solution has sent me countless emails tailoring my workouts , changing my rep ranges, and heavily changing the foods I eat and how I should supplement around
My workouts. I have changed so much stuff I believed from broscience. He has tweaked so many small variables that have helped me greatly . If you think what I am doing is cookie cutter the guy has spent hours helping me out
Of his own time to make Sure I am making progress.

What he has done for "ME" has worked.
I'm taking staples only and eating like a mofo. My scale is steady, where I want it to be. My mirror looks great, I have tons of energy, and I'm doing this the healthy way.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bossman,That’s Awesome! Yes You’re doing a great job! We just had a simple debate last night, no biggie. We’re all grown here and family. If nothing gets resolved We just shake hands,give hugs, and still Love each other.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
The log itself is all over the place to make any sense out of it (at least to me). Needs a structure. By the looks of his physique, he is either

1) Just getting back into the gym after a long time
2) He is just starting to workout
3) The worst. He has been working out for a while and had made no gains.

We just don't know anything about OP to advice him. So, let him do his thing and report with what he has made out of the $$ he spent.
The gains part was for you forgot yo name.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't get the hate on The Solution. He’s been helping me for a long time now without charging me a penny. In fact, sometimes sending me goodies out of his own pocket.
He even layed out a customized routine based off my needs. On top of that helped me setup a sustainable diet (not cookie cutter) based on my dietary needs (only meat i eat is fish)

I shoot him emails every few weeks and he continues to tweak my nutrition, modify my meals, allocate how I should set up different sources for different meals.

Whenever i have questions about supps or training he responds way too quick... does he even sleep? Haha anyway, he helps out a ton around these boards. Thanks

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
I don't get the hate on The Solution. He’s been helping me for a long time now without charging me a penny. In fact, sometimes sending me goodies out of his own pocket.
He even layed out a customized routine based off my needs. On top of that helped me setup a sustainable diet (not cookie cutter) based on my dietary needs (only meat i eat is fish)

I shoot him emails every few weeks and he continues to tweak my nutrition, modify my meals, allocate how I should set up different sources for different meals.

Whenever i have questions about supps or training he responds way too quick... does he even sleep? Haha anyway, he helps out a ton around these boards. Thanks
I will totally agree with that. The situation has been pretty cool and helpful and straight forwarr. He has given me "ADVISE" what I do with that is up to me.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
When you start a log, post your stats and your max. Gives everyone an idea on where you started and how you progressed. How long have you been working out etc..
Yeah your completely rightalot of this I didn't do this is my first log ever and though I'm dedicated to my routine and diet not so much on recording my info in this site.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 chest tries and forearms

Woke up coffee honey banana 4 eggs "cooked " protien shake and some toast with cinnamon vector

Lighly fried rice and chicken apple

Home made meatballs and zucchini spaghetti orange took vector

Worked out 5x8
Incline bench
Upward cable flys
Chest press
Machine flys

Tries 3x8
Vbar pushdowns
Skull crushers
Closegrip bench short range
One arm rope pushdowns

Forarms ezbar upward curls (forearms on knees ,ez bar, back of hand up towards the ceiling) 2x10 light weight my wrist are small and week

Reverse crunch 4x10

Rice mackerel and kale

Before I go to bed her shortly I'll drink 1 cup almond milk and eat some cantaloupe.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 8 chest tries and forearms

Woke up coffee honey banana 4 eggs "cooked " protien shake and some toast with cinnamon vector

Lighly fried rice and chicken apple

Home made meatballs and zucchini spaghetti orange took vector

Worked out 5x8
Incline bench
Upward cable flys
Chest press
Machine flys

Tries 3x8
Vbar pushdowns
Skull crushers
Closegrip bench short range
One arm rope pushdowns

Forarms ezbar upward curls (forearms on knees ,ez bar, back of hand up towards the ceiling) 2x10 light weight my wrist are small and week

Reverse crunch 4x10

Rice mackerel and kale

Before I go to bed her shortly I'll drink 1 cup almond milk and eat some cantaloupe.
Would help if you post weights and reps for each exercise. Not only for people following but easier for you to see where your progressing and where you could improve.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Would help if you post weights and reps for each exercise. Not only for people following but easier for you to see where your progressing and where you could improve.
Kind of embarrassing:( but your right bro... Coming at you shortly. NO PICKING GUYS!

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Chest5X8
Incline
Upward cables
Chest press
Machine flys

Tries3X8
C.G. bench
S.K EZBar idk what it weighs this is weights added
Vbar
One arm rope pushdowns

Wrist was ez bar and 10ibs 2nd set was 15ibs

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Chest5X8
Incline
Upward cables
Chest press
Machine flys

Tries3X8
C.G. bench
S.K EZBar idk what it weighs this is weights added
Vbar
One arm rope pushdowns

Wrist was ez bar and 10ibs 2nd set was 15ibs
Good set brother

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing to be embarrassed about, we’re all trying to get stronger. I’ve seen people post squat numbers with a good amount of weight but no video to prove they actually did it. So, take everything with a grain of salt. Some people care about the weight they use and others focus more on TUT, shorting rest periods or speed “dynamic” work.

Keep plugging away bruv

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nothing to be embarrassed about, we’re all trying to get stronger. I’ve seen people post squat numbers with a good amount of weight but no video to prove they actually did it. So, take everything with a grain of salt. Some people care about the weight they use and others focus more on TUT, shorting rest periods or speed “dynamic” work.

Keep plugging away bruv[/QUOTE hulksmash. Lol

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established

Keep plugging away bruv[/QUOTE hulksmash. Lol
If I could upload videos from my phone gallery I would.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established

Keep plugging away bruv
Thank bro and thank to everyone else bearing with me and critiquing this log.if I ever do a log again I know exactly what to do thanks to your all's help!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Kind of embarrassing:( but your right bro... Coming at you shortly. NO PICKING GUYS!
This isn’t the type of community to mock or make fun of others for their stats. Just keep eating, lifting, and ask for advice when you need it

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@177codyWebb, Great Job!!@DemntedCowboy,good job at showing wisdom! You’re not a bad guy after all.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah you used that one before. Try again. You sound like the trainer at my local planet fitness. Give them general diet, and exercise. And if they do good claim success. If they fail, blame them.
When it comes to nutrition, that is all a trainer is legally allowed to do is give general advice... Only a registered dietitian or nutritionist can give out an exact meal plan legally in most states. We can give "Sample" diets that people tend to follow to the T, but unless registered giving someone a prescribed meal plan is a big nono. However he is giving out solid basic nutrition, and honestly most coaches use various templates that they have made up or were taught. It would be completely ridiculous to start from scratch every singe time you sit down to set up a diet. It only takes a few questions to figure out the things you need to tweak.

Don’t say something if you don’t know if it work or not. 2-3 hours of training isn’t logical, and that is what The Solution said..
You have to admit for most it is not logical, and especially for this individual who appears to be new at training. You are an exception more so than the rule. You have your stuff together and do what is needed to recover from that. Most do not do what it takes outside the gym to recover well, but don't mind killing themselves in the gym. The bigger question though, is would you be doing even better if your workouts weren't as long? Not a challenge to your training style, you know I dig it for you, just a genuine curiosity.

Plus he passes the same nutritional advise off to everyone. When that doesn't work for everyone. What will make one person fat, will make the other person skinny, and what will make one person healthy will kill the next person...Just like recommending healthy fats to a heart patient, when that would kill them. When they should be taking in more carbs than fats.
I am going to have to disagree here. He actually suggests what works well for most people... His food choices are based on nutrient density, ease of digestion, and convenience. He is not giving the same nutritional advice, different levels for each macros for different people. Advising on nutrient dense, convenient, and easily digested food as staples in the diet is just good practice for everyone.

"What will make one person fat will make another person skinny..." This is just not true... I can feed you in a deficit with any macro, or a surplus with any single macro, or combo of macros and the weight is always going to go down with a deficit, and up with a surplus no matter what macro it came from. Macros are great to adjust but are minuscule in effect on weight loss compared to calories. (Short of the glycogen loading and unloading period that can change mass levels quite transiently that is.)

Healthy fats will kill a heart patient? This is not true, even eating high cholesterol won't do that... the biggest factor in CVD is inflammation which is more often caused by various carbohydrate sources... Your dietary fat intake only accounts for 2% of your blood cholesterol. That is an old wife's tale that has been perpetuated for far too long... Hell in reality higher carbs is more likely to cause that for them. Elevated Insulin levels signal the liver to create cholesterol which is where most of the cholesterol in your body comes from.

I get it that Bob can come off abrasive due to his matter of fact manner, but that isn't a reason to attack the information he is giving that no one has actually even disagreed with. At least he is trying to help and his advice is actually valuable. He is giving free advice, and also trying to hold them accountable, both are things he actually charges for, so he's actually being quite charitable. Agreed, He's not holding their hands but that's not his style and that's okay too.

My training is a mix of strength and hypertrophy and it does take at least 2hrs to complete a couple days in a week when it's a heavy leg day or heavy Upper body day (with deadlifts and bench for strength adding to hypertrophy lifts). I agree it cannot be a blanket statement not to workout for 2-3hrs and it's pointless. Have to understand what the OPs training style is at the moment and he hasn't shared that yet.

If it's purely hypertrophy, I think OP would see better results by not doing a 2-3hrs workout.
I think a lot of this has been taken out of context. The Solution mentioned people training for strength and taking longer rest periods. A 2-3 hour powerlifting session is not uncommon, but also far from intense overall. Short bouts of extreme intensity for sure, but most of the workout is spent resting. Same with a lot of guys I see hitting the gym for 2-3 hours. Most of them rest a long while, and or talk between sets. Nothing wrong if this is you, but you would be wrong to call that an intense workout.I have hit a lot of PR's during intense sets with workouts just like that. It was the long rests that allowed it, but nothing near a truly intense workout.

For some people, those with great genetics, recovery and food to handle it 3 hour a day training sessions can be great. However in general for those with average genetics or inadequate lifestyle it is not a great idea.

Morning fellas, man what is going on up in here. My 2 cents in reference to the previous posts.

The Solution has sent me countless emails tailoring my workouts , changing my rep ranges, and heavily changing the foods I eat and how I should supplement around

My workouts. I have changed so much stuff I believed from broscience. He has tweaked so many small variables that have helped me greatly . If you think what I am doing is cookie cutter the guy has spent hours helping me out

Of his own time to make Sure I am making progress.

What he has done for "ME" has worked.

I'm taking staples only and eating like a mofo. My scale is steady, where I want it to be. My mirror looks great, I have tons of energy, and I'm doing this the healthy way.
Good stuff...

Bossman,That’s Awesome! Yes You’re doing a great job! We just had a simple debate last night, no biggie. We’re all grown here and family. If nothing gets resolved We just shake hands,give hugs, and still Love each other.
Conversation is how we learn and sometimes learning ruffles feathers...

@177codyWebb, Great Job!!@DemntedCowboy,good job at showing wisdom! You’re not a bad guy after all.
LOL After all huh? I agree he is a good Dude!

@177codywebb just stick with it and give it your heart. You should make some nice progress regardless because you are new to training. So I wouldn't worry too much about if you are going to make gains. However being so new to things it is going to be very hard to gauge what comes from the product. The first 6 months of training is a magical time with growth and strength increases. So you just kick as much ass as possible and enjoy some of the fastest natural gains you will probably ever make!

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
When it comes to nutrition, that is all a trainer is legally allowed to do is give general advice... Only a registered dietitian or nutritionist can give out an exact meal plan legally in most states. We can give "Sample" diets that people tend to follow to the T, but unless registered giving someone a prescribed meal plan is a big nono. However he is giving out solid basic nutrition, and honestly most coaches use various templates that they have made up or were taught. It would be completely ridiculous to start from scratch every singe time you sit down to set up a diet. It only takes a few questions to figure out the things you need to tweak.

You have to admit for most it is not logical, and especially for this individual who appears to be new at training. You are an exception more so than the rule. You have your stuff together and do what is needed to recover from that. Most do not do what it takes outside the gym to recover well, but don't mind killing themselves in the gym. The bigger question though, is would you be doing even better if your workouts weren't as long? Not a challenge to your training style, you know I dig it for you, just a genuine curiosity.

I am going to have to disagree here. He actually suggests what works well for most people... His food choices are based on nutrient density, ease of digestion, and convenience. He is not giving the same nutritional advice, different levels for each macros for different people. Advising on nutrient dense, convenient, and easily digested food as staples in the diet is just good practice for everyone.

"What will make one person fat will make another person skinny..." This is just not true... I can feed you in a deficit with any macro, or a surplus with any single macro, or combo of macros and the weight is always going to go down with a deficit, and up with a surplus no matter what macro it came from. Macros are great to adjust but are minuscule in effect on weight loss compared to calories. (Short of the glycogen loading and unloading period that can change mass levels quite transiently that is.)

Healthy fats will kill a heart patient? This is not true, even eating high cholesterol won't do that... the biggest factor in CVD is inflammation which is more often caused by various carbohydrate sources... Your dietary fat intake only accounts for 2% of your blood cholesterol. That is an old wife's tale that has been perpetuated for far too long... Hell in reality higher carbs is more likely to cause that for them. Elevated Insulin levels signal the liver to create cholesterol which is where most of the cholesterol in your body comes from.

I get it that Bob can come off abrasive due to his matter of fact manner, but that isn't a reason to attack the information he is giving that no one has actually even disagreed with. At least he is trying to help and his advice is actually valuable. He is giving free advice, and also trying to hold them accountable, both are things he actually charges for, so he's actually being quite charitable. Agreed, He's not holding their hands but that's not his style and that's okay too.

I think a lot of this has been taken out of context. The Solution mentioned people training for strength and taking longer rest periods. A 2-3 hour powerlifting session is not uncommon, but also far from intense overall. Short bouts of extreme intensity for sure, but most of the workout is spent resting. Same with a lot of guys I see hitting the gym for 2-3 hours. Most of them rest a long while, and or talk between sets. Nothing wrong if this is you, but you would be wrong to call that an intense workout.I have hit a lot of PR's during intense sets with workouts just like that. It was the long rests that allowed it, but nothing near a truly intense workout.

For some people, those with great genetics, recovery and food to handle it 3 hour a day training sessions can be great. However in general for those with average genetics or inadequate lifestyle it is not a great idea.

Good stuff...

Conversation is how we learn and sometimes learning ruffles feathers...

LOL After all huh? I agree he is a good Dude!

@177codywebb just stick with it and give it your heart. You should make some nice progress regardless because you are new to training. So I wouldn't worry too much about if you are going to make gains. However being so new to things it is going to be very hard to gauge what comes from the product. The first 6 months of training is a magical time with growth and strength increases. So you just kick as much ass as possible and enjoy some of the fastest natural gains you will probably ever make!
Alright this guy? MrKleen73, this is the reason why I joined this forum to hear and see information and input on this level. Thanks for your comments and definitely the time you put in to inform and Claire on allot of quotes and comments. Just wow! And yes you are right after reading your statement giving it some quick thought being young new to lifting and changing my lifestyle definitely is going to make it hard to judge whether this product is effective or not..... Really glad to hear your comments and have reading over the log. I hope that you continue to do so and bestow a little wisdom to me on the way. And again thank you everybody else for your comments and your information Day 9 will be coming to you shortly

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Healthy fats will kill a heart patient?
MrKleen while most of your comments are true and I follow alot of what you say. I graduated from Nicholls State University....Granted along time ago with a degree in Sports Nutrition, and am currently back in school to get re-certified as a Sports Nutritionist. And Currently work in a Hospital. Fats, whether it be healthy or non-healthy is not good for Heart patients. Patients with CHF or any heart condition Period should stay away from ALL Fats. A High Protein, high Carb, low Sodium diet is preferred for heart patients and they are recommended to stay away from fats since 90% of the time this is what is blocking their arteries and causing them Heart issues in the first place.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty guys
Day 9
rest day

Woke up coffee honey 4toast 4 eggs oikos protien yogurt vector

Pork roast fried rice OJ

Mackerel kale rice green onions little tomatoe

Vector Rasberrys black berries orange rice soup rice soup with extra chicken chunks(basically pepper home made chicken salk, just water an boiled chicken, chicken and green onions)

Chicken and fried rice

Rice soup, banana, apple juice

bed.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I haven't taken anything out of context. Simply stating that without knowing what training style OP has, it may not be right to say 3hrs is bad. When I do my main squats or bench+squat or bench+deads for 4-5 sets each with heavy weights, it does take time. Nothing wrong is taking 2-3mins rest between sets, because you're trying to build strength. You will perform suboptimal with your lifts if proper rest isn't given. And like I said, if it's hypertrophy, it's different (looks like that is Op's style as well. which we got to know just now). I completely agree with Bob as this would be stupid to spend 3hrs in gym.

This is how my workout is setup (all in Kilograms). Tell me if this can be done under 90mins. Because, I know for sure the workout is intense because it kicks my ass every time and I workout alone. So, there is no talking or goofing around.

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
What's your age if you don't mind me asking jtmass and going to steal yo workout one day and try... I always been told not to mix major muscle groups so if I was going to do chest I would do chest tris and parts of the forearm one day if I was going to do back I would do back bies and other parts of the forearm and the next day shoulders of themselves or in a combination with legs and repeate? Is this a myth or is there truth to it?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's your age if you don't mind me asking jtmass and going to steal yo workout one day and try... I always been told not to mix major muscle groups so if I was going to do chest I would do chest tris and parts of the forearm one day if I was going to do back I would do back bies and other parts of the forearm and the next day shoulders of themselves or in a combination with legs and repeate? Is this a myth or is there truth to it?
I am 32 this Dec. I have been on this program for more than 4 months now. This is an Upper Lower split and I don't think you need this at the moment. You can make great gains in the beginning with the routine you're following. I was just citing my workout here because people tend to cross generalize.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Everyone has different body types and body chemistry. Genetics don’t have any to do with a person Discipline and Dedication,and you can build your intensity level,strength level,power level,and Good overall Health level without having great genetics. Mrkleen,to your question,would I be doing better if not training that long. No, I wouldn’t be. I would still be the Fat A$$ that I was in 2015.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
YOUNG BUCK...you have all the heavy hitters in your log now big dog...take the keys and drive now

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 shoulders and legs

Breakfast 4eggs banana apple 2 toast coffee honey

Rice and chicken soup orange

Kale mackerel rice onion green onion tomato vector

Chicken fried rice vector

Gym
Shoulders5x8
Db shrugs 40,45,50,55,60
Rope cables front raises
Cable side raises elbows bent kinda like starting a lawn mower motion just better technique
Bent over rear delt flys

Legs 5-3-1
Squat 135-185-225
Legpress225-275-315x1
335x1
Leg extensions 110,130,150
Leg curls 90,110,120
Calf machine20-40-60

DB Side bend 50ibs10x4

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 shoulders and legs

Gym
Shoulders5x8
Db shrugs 40,45,50,55,60
Rope cables front raises
Cable side raises elbows bent kinda like starting a lawn mower motion just better technique
Bent over rear delt flys

Legs 5-3-1
Squat 135-185-225
Legpress225-275-315x1
335x1
Leg curls 90,110,120
Calf machine20-40-60

DB Side bend 50ibs10x4
Sorry guys day 10 I'm really tired.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Someone with heart disease could rid their diet of most carbs, and primarily eat fats, and secondarily protein, and thrive, recovering. Fat and cholesterol get a bad rap. Research Thomas Delauer, Dr. Berg, Chris Masterjohn. Do research on ketogenic diet and heart health. High fat, extremely low car does the heart and whole body well.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ughhhhhh. And before I go to bed I'm eating a steak stir fry with garlic cauliflower leek cabage and bokchoy
I baked a whole head of broccoli last night sprayed with Pam and seasoned with garlic salt and salt and pepper. I’m doing the same thing with a head of cauliflower tomorrow lol

If you eat a lot of fibrous foods, you’ll probably stay satiated longer which when you’re wanting to bulk that’s a bad thing lol purely because you want to increase your caloric intake.

Anyhow, keep it up.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Someone with heart disease could rid their diet of most carbs, and primarily eat fats, and secondarily protein, and thrive, recovering. Fat and cholesterol get a bad rap. Research Thomas Delauer, Dr. Berg, Chris Masterjohn. Do research on ketogenic diet and heart health. High fat, extremely low car does the heart and whole body well.
And whats your background in this field. Minus what you read from some website?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen while most of your comments are true and I follow alot of what you say. I graduated from Nicholls State University....Granted along time ago with a degree in Sports Nutrition, and am currently back in school to get re-certified as a Sports Nutritionist. And Currently work in a Hospital. Fats, whether it be healthy or non-healthy is not good for Heart patients. Patients with CHF or any heart condition Period should stay away from ALL Fats. A High Protein, high Carb, low Sodium diet is preferred for heart patients and they are recommended to stay away from fats since 90% of the time this is what is blocking their arteries and causing them Heart issues in the first place.
Oh, I have no doubt that you were taught that, and that the current curriculum still states all of that to be true. However getting all of your information from current curriculum is choosing to remain 10-20 years behind the current scientific research.

Basically 98% of all cholesterol in your system is made in the liver, only 2% of any blockage that is in the veins or arteries could possibly come from the amount of fat they eat, because that is all the effect dietary fat has on cholesterol. Consistently elevated insulin levels are responsible for most peoples high cholesterol. They have also found that the plaque build up is normally not the actual problem anyway. It is a factor, but the bigger factor has now been proven to be inflammation of the veins and arteries which cause the pathway for the blood to constrict. So you have high cholesterol which mostly comes from excess insulin in the system, and inflammation of the arterial pathways which again mostly comes from whole grains, and high FODMAP foods.

This is a topic that could go back and forth for days and days, and people probably feel passionately, and could get very upset. So I am just not going to go too heavily into defending the current science over what is now understood by most in the scientific community to be a misconception from the past. I don't mean that as an insult or anything, just current research has disproved the anti-fat fears of old. People who want the best treatment will go to places that are on the cutting edge of science. Not places that pretty much rely on just the current medical curriculum. They tend to go to hospitals known for being research heavy hospitals.

I think we can either agree to disagree here, or if you want to see the things I am referring to you can jump in on some of the medical research sites and check out the new information that you won't likely find in your curriculum. See if the current research sways your opinion any. It may or may not but in the end you will still know more than when you got started.

I haven't taken anything out of context. Simply stating that without knowing what training style OP has, it may not be right to say 3hrs is bad. When I do my main squats or bench+squat or bench+deads for 4-5 sets each with heavy weights, it does take time. Nothing wrong is taking 2-3mins rest between sets, because you're trying to build strength. You will perform suboptimal with your lifts if proper rest isn't given. And like I said, if it's hypertrophy, it's different (looks like that is Op's style as well. which we got to know just now). I completely agree with Bob as this would be stupid to spend 3hrs in gym.

This is how my workout is setup (all in Kilograms). Tell me if this can be done under 90mins. Because, I know for sure the workout is intense because it kicks my ass every time and I workout alone. So, there is no talking or goofing around.

View attachment 175137
View attachment 175138
I was actually more or less completely agreeing with you. I was referring to some of the other people who responded like their personal style had been questioned when it was only being questioned for the OP. I honestly would have said that YOU are taking things out of context it I were directing it at you. I wasn't challenging your stance in any way shape or form. Most of what I said actually echoed your comments...

As to the question absolutely that workout can be done in 90 minutes. You have 22 sets in the upper, and 18 lower body sets. Doing that in 90 minutes is most definitely possible. Doing it at as high of an intensity level for your sets, not so much. However I know your training style and know that you are about resting a little to maximize intra-set recovery so you can push heavier and heavier weight which is awesome. Their are tons of factors. However reading the initial post in the thread it was obvious that this person did not have enough knowledge or experience to know how to go about making sure he actually gets good benefits out of it.

Everyone has different body types and body chemistry. Genetics don’t have any to do with a person Discipline and Dedication,and you can build your intensity level,strength level,power level,and Good overall Health level without having great genetics. Mrkleen,to your question,would I be doing better if not training that long. No, I wouldn’t be. I would still be the Fat A$$ that I was in 2015.
Oh I agree with most of this, the genetics I am referring to is to do with things like connective tissue issues or other reasons that a high volume of intense work can exacerbate. For example, I am genetically predisposed to degenerative arthritis. My soft tissue simply does not recover as well as yours. Some people have resilient connective tissue some less. This effects what I can recover from compared to you. My muscles recovering are never the problem, it is my connective tissue.

Genetics/biochemistry definitely has a hand in discipline, dedication, and or motivation levels. They are factors for certain. I have ADHD and I can assure you that it does effect my level of discipline and dedication. Can I improve it with practice or external motivation, absolutely but it is still harder for me practice discipline, or organization than someone who does not have ADHD. People are wired differently. For instance people who are slightly OCD tend to do extremely well in discipline. Are dogmatic about following it to the point missing a workout or a meal makes them physically uncomfortable. They will work out sick, unrested, or injured, just doing whatever it takes to do whatever the program calls for. Snags who is was held in very high regard around here openly admitted he was so dogmatic and disciplined because he was slightly OCD and not following what he had planned actually made him anxious and or agitated. So there is a spectrum there as well.

With my knowledge if I had the discipline to simply just act on it I would be far beyond where I am now. I can muster it for periods, and when I do so, what I can do with my body from my knowledge is pretty damn impressive. However I have a serious issue trying to maintain discipline levels for very long. Also not making excuses... I still hold myself responsible for my actions. That is also a part of why you will often see me trying to do something where there is external motivation with a price that adds pressure to help me with my discipline levels.

As far as being where you were before if you didn't train the way you do now? I don't think that is a legitimate assessment of the scenario. There is no doubt that the changes you made 5 years ago are completely responsible for your current state of badassery!!! However that doesn't really say anything about how less volume and proper nutrition might effect you now. It also is not the only way that you could have leaned out and improved your health. It just means that is the way that you did it. I am also not saying that the way you did it is not the absolutely best way for you, nor saying that it was. Honestly we can never know because it has already happened and there is no way to redo it with a different method to test against. Which was kind of the point I was trying to make.

DO I think you would benefit switching it up to a little less volume and heavier weight for a bit. Absolutely! Just like I would think that someone who had been following Dog Crapp for years would benefit from going with a higher volume type of workout for a while. Simply a new stimulus for the body to adapt to.

In the end though, it comes down to results and enjoying yourself in the gym. Most of us are not trying to achieve perfection, just improvement, and enjoying a workout program goes a long way as far as helping with discipline and dedication to it. So do what you enjoy so long as it has value to you and your goals while still being able to recover is going to be more important than all the minutia we can spit all day. ;)

Day 9 shoulders and legs

Gym
Shoulders5x8
Db shrugs 40,45,50,55,60
Rope cables front raises
Bent over rear delt flys

Legs 5-3-1
Squat 135-185-225
Legpress225-275-315x1
335x1
Leg curls 90,110,120
Calf machine20-40-60

DB Side bend 50ibs10x4
I would personally scratch the DB side bends and do side planks or pallof presses. Your obliques are there for rotation and anti-rotation, not crunching. Also just from looking at your foot list it appears to be pretty low on protein.

Reactions: Nac
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PREACH on brotha!!!!! BOSSMAN is always lurking. ..

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I have no doubt that you were taught that, and that the current curriculum still states all of that to be true. However getting all of your information from current curriculum is choosing to remain 10-20 years behind the current scientific research.

Basically 98% of all cholesterol in your system is made in the liver, only 2% of any blockage that is in the veins or arteries could possibly come from the amount of fat they eat, because that is all the effect dietary fat has on cholesterol. Consistently elevated insulin levels are responsible for most peoples high cholesterol. They have also found that the plaque build up is normally not the actual problem anyway. It is a factor, but the bigger factor has now been proven to be inflammation of the veins and arteries which cause the pathway for the blood to constrict. So you have high cholesterol which mostly comes from excess insulin in the system, and inflammation of the arterial pathways which again mostly comes from whole grains, and high FODMAP foods.

This is a topic that could go back and forth for days and days, and people probably feel passionately, and could get very upset. So I am just not going to go too heavily into defending the current science over what is now understood by most in the scientific community to be a misconception from the past. I don't mean that as an insult or anything, just current research has disproved the anti-fat fears of old. People who want the best treatment will go to places that are on the cutting edge of science. Not places that pretty much rely on just the current medical curriculum. They tend to go to hospitals known for being research heavy hospitals.

I think we can either agree to disagree here, or if you want to see the things I am referring to you can jump in on some of the medical research sites and check out the new information that you won't likely find in your curriculum. See if the current research sways your opinion any. It may or may not but in the end you will still know more than when you got started.

I was actually more or less completely agreeing with you. I was referring to some of the other people who responded like their personal style had been questioned when it was only being questioned for the OP. I honestly would have said that YOU are taking things out of context it I were directing it at you. I wasn't challenging your stance in any way shape or form. Most of what I said actually echoed your comments...

As to the question absolutely that workout can be done in 90 minutes. You have 22 sets in the upper, and 18 lower body sets. Doing that in 90 minutes is most definitely possible. Doing it at as high of an intensity level for your sets, not so much. However I know your training style and know that you are about resting a little to maximize intra-set recovery so you can push heavier and heavier weight which is awesome. Their are tons of factors. However reading the initial post in the thread it was obvious that this person did not have enough knowledge or experience to know how to go about making sure he actually gets good benefits out of it.

Oh I agree with most of this, the genetics I am referring to is to do with things like connective tissue issues or other reasons that a high volume of intense work can exacerbate. For example, I am genetically predisposed to degenerative arthritis. My soft tissue simply does not recover as well as yours. Some people have resilient connective tissue some less. This effects what I can recover from compared to you. My muscles recovering are never the problem, it is my connective tissue.

Genetics/biochemistry definitely has a hand in discipline, dedication, and or motivation levels. They are factors for certain. I have ADHD and I can assure you that it does effect my level of discipline and dedication. Can I improve it with practice or external motivation, absolutely but it is still harder for me practice discipline, or organization than someone who does not have ADHD. People are wired differently. For instance people who are slightly OCD tend to do extremely well in discipline. Are dogmatic about following it to the point missing a workout or a meal makes them physically uncomfortable. They will work out sick, unrested, or injured, just doing whatever it takes to do whatever the program calls for. Snags who is was held in very high regard around here openly admitted he was so dogmatic and disciplined because he was slightly OCD and not following what he had planned actually made him anxious and or agitated. So there is a spectrum there as well.

With my knowledge if I had the discipline to simply just act on it I would be far beyond where I am now. I can muster it for periods, and when I do so, what I can do with my body from my knowledge is pretty damn impressive. However I have a serious issue trying to maintain discipline levels for very long. Also not making excuses... I still hold myself responsible for my actions. That is also a part of why you will often see me trying to do something where there is external motivation with a price that adds pressure to help me with my discipline levels.

As far as being where you were before if you didn't train the way you do now? I don't think that is a legitimate assessment of the scenario. There is no doubt that the changes you made 5 years ago are completely responsible for your current state of badassery!!! However that doesn't really say anything about how less volume and proper nutrition might effect you now. It also is not the only way that you could have leaned out and improved your health. It just means that is the way that you did it. I am also not saying that the way you did it is not the absolutely best way for you, nor saying that it was. Honestly we can never know because it has already happened and there is no way to redo it with a different method to test against. Which was kind of the point I was trying to make.

DO I think you would benefit switching it up to a little less volume and heavier weight for a bit. Absolutely! Just like I would think that someone who had been following Dog Crapp for years would benefit from going with a higher volume type of workout for a while. Simply a new stimulus for the body to adapt to.

In the end though, it comes down to results and enjoying yourself in the gym. Most of us are not trying to achieve perfection, just improvement, and enjoying a workout program goes a long way as far as helping with discipline and dedication to it. So do what you enjoy so long as it has value to you and your goals while still being able to recover is going to be more important than all the minutia we can spit all day. ;)

I would personally scratch the DB side bends and do side planks or pallof presses. Your obliques are there for rotation and anti-rotation, not crunching. Also just from looking at your foot list it appears to be pretty low on protein.
Got ya. Will change the DB Side crunch. And when I eat meat it's in very large portions I eat 190-210gs of protien. The chicken I ate was closed to 40gs 8oz of chicken. Says 4 oz of chicken has 20g of protien so just ate 8 oz same as mackerel and steak I eat allot of the meats.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Been hectic with work when igot home I ate and feel asleep

Day 11 rest
Woke up eggs coffee rice protien shake coffee honey vector

Chicken and fried rice vector

Mackerel and rice onion green onion tomatoes

Chicken an fried rice again

Steak steak stir fry with cauliflower cabaage carrots and fried rice vector
Took a **** showered then bed

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Day 12
Back and bies forearms

Woke up deer sausage rice animal pak vector

Mackerel rice OJ

Steak fried rice vector

Back 5x8
Pull ups. body weight8 reps, (bodyweight 3 reps, assisted 50lbs 5 reps) 70lbs assisted, 80 assissted, 90assisted
Pull downs
Pull backs 12,11,10,9,8
Tbar (115 3 reps, 105 5 reps) 90, 80,70

Bies 3x8
Straight bar curls (80 5reps, 75 3 reps) 70, 65
Seated one arm curl 30, 25, 20
Hammer curls 30, 25, 20
Cable concentration curls 50, 45, 40

Behind back forearm curls
2x10 95ibs

Deer and mixed veggies apple

Milk, protien shake, 3 pieces of bread.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Been having stress between wife family holidays and kids. So sorry for the late stuff.

Day 13 rest
Milk 4eggs rice ((always 1 cup) coffee) protein30g vector

Eggdrop soup with rice and Beed chunks

Steak fried rice

Banana apple rice pork chop and fish vector

Chicken, veggies, oj