Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jesus Christ @Hyde That sounds insane af. I mean it's Hella cool that athletes abd coaches can manipulate physiology like that ( it's one of the main reasons I got into bodybuilding) but that's way too crazy for me. And here I wa s thinking I was hard-core because I've used hydrochlorothiazide lol
Welcome to the world of high performance. Nobody said it would be easy

Anyone looking for the real scoop on making weight as skillfully, efficiently, & with the lowest impact to performance (with great potential to actually increase game day performance via glycogen storage super-compensation) should read the series of articles:

“Secrets of Bodyweight Manipulation for Competitive Sport” by JM Blakley

Good luck finding the actual book, but all of the series can be found on the Deszo Ban blog above.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Welcome to the world of high performance. Nobody said it would be easy

Anyone looking for the real scoop on making weight as skillfully, efficiently, & with the lowest impact to performance (with great potential to actually increase game day performance via glycogen storage super-compensation) should read the series of articles:

“Secrets of Bodyweight Manipulation for Competitive Sport” by JM Blakley

Good luck finding the actual book, but all of the series can be found on the Deszo Ban blog above.
You can't find any of the classics anymore. I would do anything to have an actual copy of big beyond belief by Leo Costa (I think ) but I know that's the title. Would love to run that program with the knowledge I have of gear and nutrition now

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can't find any of the classics anymore. I would do anything to have an actual copy of big beyond belief by Leo Costa (I think ) but I know that's the title. Would love to run that program with the knowledge I have of gear and nutrition now
It is Leo Costa, and is a good book.👍
Amazon has the paperback for $75…..

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Good catch. We always use lots of epsom salt, a small bottle of isopropyl alcohol, and hot water for the baths.

Albolene is a brand name of a make up removal product that fighters have used for a very long time to induce excess sweating by spreading it all over your body. It will remain on the skin while still taking the hot bath. You basically stay in the bath as long as you can, then when you get out it’s important to scrape the body dry (we use an old credit card) so any water and sweat is not pressed back into the skin - when you get sufficiently dehydrated, if you towel dry the body will begin to re-absorb water through the skin.
You think it's worth trying a trial run of this before doing it the day before comp to see how it makes you feel or see how much it drops?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When this is over I wanna spend one day on the JM Blakely bulking diet just to see if I can do it lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Gentleman I hope everyone has a nice weekend, I have a 16 hour work day today and tomorrow is lunch with the kids, then I'm taking them shopping and then I gotta meal prep so I might go mia this weekend. 💪✌

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gentleman I hope everyone has a nice weekend, I have a 16 hour work day today and tomorrow is lunch with the kids, then I'm taking them shopping and then I gotta meal prep so I might go mia this weekend. 💪✌
16 hour saturday? Gonna be a sweet pay check for that, but that's gonna be a big price to pay for you at the same time to get through all of it. Make sure to pace yourself. That's asking a lot and you'll need every break you're contractually alotted, so don't let them short change you on those.

They're lucky to have you, and every other guy who is willing to work a shift like that. Don't let anyone treat you like you owe them anything because they "let" you work today and get paid so much. You're missing out on time with your family, missing out on time for yourself, and sacrificing your ability to rest and recover from the work week.

You're earning every dime.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Alright bro well have a good one and we'll talk to you after the weekend

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You think it's worth trying a trial run of this before doing it the day before comp to see how it makes you feel or see how much it drops?
That sounds like an absolutely miserable proposition, with little benefit except to satisfy your curiousity through a ton of suffering.

So you should totally do it! 🤣🤣🤣

(Serves you right for asking if it's worth it!:unsure:;):LOL:)

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have a great weekend and enjoy the family.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That sounds like an absolutely misreable proposition, with little benefit except to satisfy your curiousity through a ton of suffering.

So you should totally do it! 🤣🤣🤣

(Serves you right for asking if it's worth it!:unsure:;):LOL:)
You sir win reply of the day.. lmao

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Further out, yes, but I wouldn’t this close (assuming you are talking about trying a hot epsom/alcohol bath).Now if you just mean fasting from food and water for 20 hours, that would be okay except you have such a rigorous work schedule I don’t think you have the time.

Here’s what you need to do for a weighin on Friday morning:

Sunday and Monday, bring your water intake up to 2 gallons/day. Use more salt than usual.

Tuesday and Wednesday do 2.5 gallons, drop added sodium.

From Wednesday on, switch exclusively to distilled water. Add fats and drop carbohydrates as much as possible (keep calories up but we want to let glycogen naturally deplete with your work). Unsalted almonds/nuts are usually better than nut butter because that can have too much sodium & we really want it out. Veggies in oil and no sodium spices like Ms Dash, garlic etc are nice here.

Depending on how heavy you are Thursday morning, take your last food and water 16-24 hours out from the weighin time. Almonds and unsalted chicken breast with some olive oil is usually what these meals looks like for us. I tend to limit water on this day to 32-48 oz and cut it off by 2pm. This will probably be all the manipulation you’ll need, no sweating necessary.

Do not go to bed until you are only 1lb overweight. So we would only begin doing baths late this evening if necessary to make this happen. Then wake up early around 5-5:30 to see if you are at weight. If not, begin hot baths/sauna to get to weight by the 9am or whatever weighin.

Be at the weighin before it opens to be one of the first in line. And if you are overweight because their scale is different, you will have a couple hours to go find a sauna and get back to work.

When this is over I wanna spend one day on the JM Blakely bulking diet just to see if I can do it lol
Remember the mayonnaise on your hash browns and breakfast sandwiches. 2 tbsp for each of the 3 sandwiches is an extra 540 calories.

The tough part is the Hershey bar every you hour you don’t have a meal. I’ve never completed that part.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Further out, yes, but I wouldn’t this close (assuming you are talking about trying a hot epsom/alcohol bath).Now if you just mean fasting from food and water for 20 hours, that would be okay except you have such a rigorous work schedule I don’t think you have the time.

Sunday and Monday, bring your water intake up to 2 gallons/day. Use more salt than usual.

From Wednesday on, switch exclusively to distilled water. Add fats and drop carbohydrates as much as possible (keep calories up but we want to let glycogen naturally deplete with your work). Unsalted almonds/nuts are usually better than nut butter because that can have too much sodium & we really want it out. Veggies in oil and no sodium spices like Ms Dash, garlic etc are nice here.

Depending on how heavy you are Thursday morning, take your last food and water 16-24 hours out from the weighin time. Almonds and unsalted chicken breast with some olive oil is usually what these meals looks like for us. I tend to limit water on this day to 32-48 oz and cut it off by 2pm. This will probably be all the manipulation you’ll need, no sweating necessary.

Do not go to bed until you are only 1lb overweight. So we would only begin doing baths late this evening if necessary to make this happen. Then wake up early around 5-5:30 to see if you are at weight. If not, begin hot baths/sauna to get to weight by the 9am or whatever weighin.

Be at the weighin before it opens to be one of the first in line. And if you are overweight because their scale is different, you will have a couple hours to go find a sauna and get back to work.
Dude, I love when you break down this stuff for all of us. I don't intend to ever do a weight cut like this, but just knowing the methodology to the whole thing is super interesting to me, and I have no doubt that this will put our bro Smont in the best possible postition to bring it and crush the competition at the meet!

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Remember the mayonnaise on your hash browns and breakfast sandwiches. 2 tbsp for each of the 3 sandwiches is an extra 540 calories.

The tough part is the Hershey bar every you hour you don’t have a meal. I’ve never completed that part.
Aaaand now I'm hungry again 🤣🤣

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude, I love when you break down this stuff for all of us. I don't intend to ever do a weight cut like this, but just knowing the methodology to the whole thing is super interesting to me, and I have no doubt that this will put our bro Smont in the best possible postition to bring it and crush the competition at the meet!
That water/carb/salt manipulation a super general plan that works for basically everyone to lose 4-8lbs over the week while avoiding much tissue loss (the goal is not to be hypocaloric). It’s just tedious because you spend days having to pee all of the time, the food sucks without salt, and your gut is always full of water, especially the 2.5 gallon days, but it’s safe and works very well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I like mayo but it's funny you say that. Whenever I think of that diet, I think of the mayo part and putting it in hash browns dosent seem appetizing.

I don't even think I will enjoy eating all that crap, I just want to see how challenging it is to cram that food down

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So this wedding was a total flop, I spent $75 on my work clothes and only made 200 in tips.

$125 profit on 14 hour day. There gonna throw me another $125 on Tuesday when the bill gets paid but I was expecting $400-500 in tips and the 125.

Open bar for $150 ppl and they absolutely hammered the booze. The worst pare is out of that $200, $50 came from 1 guy

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
So this wedding was a total flop, I spent $75 on my work clothes and only made 200 in tips.

$125 profit on 14 hour day. There gonna throw me another $125 on Tuesday when the bill gets paid but I was expecting $400-500 in tips and the 125.

Open bar for $150 ppl and they absolutely hammered the booze. The worst pare is out of that $200, $50 came from 1 guy
Brutal man, I hope you at least had a good time and walked away with some funny stories.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Damn bro that's scandalous... I thought people in New England were generous when it came to tipping the bar

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Damn bro that's scandalous... I thought people in New England were generous when it came to tipping the bar
They normally are, it should have been a easy big money day. Not sure what happened. Lots of females and no offense but they don't tip as good as men (most of the time) lots of girls come up to the bar with there dresses on, no pockets and say "sorry no cash on me il get you next time" 🙄

Idk man, when I use to drink, especially at a open bar event I always took care of the bartender

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
They normally are, it should have been a easy big money day. Not sure what happened. Lots of females and no offense but they don't tip as good as men (most of the time) lots of girls come up to the bar with there dresses on, no pockets and say "sorry no cash on me il get you next time" 🙄

Idk man, when I use to drink, especially at a open bar event I always took care of the bartender
I bet the no cash thing is actually a big part of the problem. I used to always carry cash, now at least half the time I don't have anything but my debit card on me.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I bet the no cash thing is actually a big part of the problem. I used to always carry cash, now at least half the time I don't have anything but my debit card on me.
Honestly that really could have been the issue. I mean if I'm going to a wedding the last thing I'm thinking is hey I better bring some cash I dunno 🤔

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It plays a role I think, but I'm pretty sure most people that know they're going to an event with an open bar would think oh I better have cash to tip. I know personally if I was getting something for free all night long and not tipping my servers I would feel like a shyt bag. Like I probably limit what I was doing just so I didn't keep repeatedly having to go up there searching for freebies.

Regardless it's over with now and there's nothing I can do about it. Went up to the poker room yesterday and made 400 bucks so it balances everything out.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Forgot to step on the scale this morning but I ate barely anything Saturday because of that event and yesterday I was so busy running around that I only squeezed 2 meals in.

I grabbed a bunch of London broil yesterday because they were $2.99,lb so here's what the week looks like.

1.Coffee and protein bar
2.6oz steak, broccoli
3. 6oz steak, broccoli and a orange
4.50gm whey shake, protein granola bar and 5 dates.

Intra eaa, glucose syrup and caffeine. 13 gold bears

5. Whatever she cooks for dinner. I'll make my plate high in protein with a moderate amount of carbs and reasonably low fat. 1000mg metformin before bed

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oh, and I been drinking a glass of chocolate fairlife milk when I wake up in the middle of the night. Kind of kills two birds with one stone where it gives me that thirst quench and fixes my sweet tooth craving.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How are you cooking the london broils? Just popping them on the grill or pretenderizing or what?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How are you cooking the london broils? Just popping them on the grill or pretenderizing or what?
Meat mallet, marinate for a couple hours and grill. Cut them super thin like lunch meat.

I know London broil sucks in the steak world. I purely bought them for cost efficiency.

I got a whole bunch more of them that I'm probably going to cube up for stew and steak chili

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had good luck with sous vide also but I do like saving money on lean beef and finding a way to make it more palatable.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
10 days to go, bw 204.4

Gotta be honest, I'm dragging ass lately. I'm craving junk food, fast food, greasy burgers and pizza and crap like that lately. I'm also starting to think that the metformin from Amino asylum is bunk or severly underdosed, 1000mg before bed has almost no effect on my numbers in the morning vs days I don't take it.

I missed 2 out of my last 5 workouts too. Idk what is up but I just feel like I hit the wall and I need time off or something but at the same time I don't want time off because I'm already mad at myself for taking time off if that makes any sense.

Anyways I'm going to get to the gym after work today do some bench pressing and some light arm stuff, Saturday I'll practice some singles and then I'm not going to lift next week. Just like steady state cardio everyday to knock off the last 3-5 lbs. Some white cardio and dropping my carbs low will be enough to drop 3-5 lb for me in a week I'm not worried about water loading or any of that stuff.

I'm actually looking forward to getting this over with not having to pin anything for a couple of weeks and then dropping to trt.

Also starting out like the way I look in the mirror, again I look big and full but my stomach is starting to get a little out of control. My girlfriend seems to think it looks fine but it's bothering the hell out of me. Abs are still visible but there's a layer of fat there that was not there 6 to 8 weeks ago. So during the couple weeks that I'm letting whatever's in me clear out of my system I'm probably going to try to drop another 10 lb and get rid of the stomach.

I'm just kind of mumbling and rambling at this point so I'll end it here

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope you start feeling more like yourself soon.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can’t stand that rundown burned out feeling. That’s rough man, because it’s so close to your meet and it really does sound like you need a break for a few days. Good thing is it doesn’t seem to be getting to you, as far as the meet, sounds like the junk food cravings may be getting to you a little more.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
10 days to go, bw 204.4

Gotta be honest, I'm dragging ass lately. I'm craving junk food, fast food, greasy burgers and pizza and crap like that lately. I'm also starting to think that the metformin from Amino asylum is bunk or severly underdosed, 1000mg before bed has almost no effect on my numbers in the morning vs days I don't take it.

I missed 2 out of my last 5 workouts too. Idk what is up but I just feel like I hit the wall and I need time off or something but at the same time I don't want time off because I'm already mad at myself for taking time off if that makes any sense.

Anyways I'm going to get to the gym after work today do some bench pressing and some light arm stuff, Saturday I'll practice some singles and then I'm not going to lift next week. Just like steady state cardio everyday to knock off the last 3-5 lbs. Some white cardio and dropping my carbs low will be enough to drop 3-5 lb for me in a week I'm not worried about water loading or any of that stuff.

I'm actually looking forward to getting this over with not having to pin anything for a couple of weeks and then dropping to trt.

Also starting out like the way I look in the mirror, again I look big and full but my stomach is starting to get a little out of control. My girlfriend seems to think it looks fine but it's bothering the hell out of me. Abs are still visible but there's a layer of fat there that was not there 6 to 8 weeks ago. So during the couple weeks that I'm letting whatever's in me clear out of my system I'm probably going to try to drop another 10 lb and get rid of the stomach.

I'm just kind of mumbling and rambling at this point so I'll end it here
Just stay dedicated to your plan bro. Definitely understandable to feel burnt out at times, but those feelings will pass, and in a few weeks what matters won't be what you felt, but what you did in spite of how you felt.

I like your plan, and we all understand those cravings, that's just what fatty garbage food does to us all from time to time.

Rest up, prep, and let yourself be human. You know that all of these goals are achievable, and more importantly you know HOW to achieve them. So: achieve!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Can’t stand that rundown burned out feeling. That’s rough man, because it’s so close to your meet and it really does sound like you need a break for a few days. Good thing is it doesn’t seem to be getting to you, as far as the meet, sounds like the junk food cravings may be getting to you a little more.
Idk, I just want garbage 24/7 lol. My steak and vegetable meals are not remotely satisfying my hunger lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Idk, I just want garbage 24/7 lol. My steak and vegetable meals are not remotely satisfying my hunger lol
More fiber might help with satiation. Beans, Oatmeal, stuff that tends to sit in the gut a while being broken down.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
More fiber might help with satiation. Beans, Oatmeal, stuff that tends to sit in the gut a while being broken down.
You would think so but it typically doesn't help me, just makes me gassy. I also have to cut carbs significantly starting Saturday or Sunday so oatmeal and beans are out.

I just gotta deal with it for the next few days or so. 10 more

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Man there's a whole bunch of posts from Friday through yesterday that I missed. My bad I wasn't trying to ignore anyone

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I forget that I been popping 50mg winni for about a month now, maybe that's why I feel crappy. Normally I'm eating super clean and I'm lean when on winni. But maybe the shitty food and lack of cardio is taking its toll with winni in the picture. (Poor drug selection on my part) but it's what I had on hand

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I forget that I been popping 50mg winni for about a month now, maybe that's why I feel crappy. Normally I'm eating super clean and I'm lean when on winni. But maybe the shitty food and lack of cardio is taking its toll with winni in the picture. (Poor drug selection on my part) but it's what I had on hand
Yep, that very well could be it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The drugs will work. Focus on finishing your power training strong & then rest up for the meet doing only light cardio, just like you laid out. It’s also normal to feel run down from heavy low-rep work. It creates a fatigue that is very much it’s own, and also has a way of promoting a bizarre drive to crave calories (like working up to a max makes you want to just go to a Chinese buffet, despite the fact you did about 4 works sets max with next to no total volume or tonnage accumulated).

The good news is, you’re kind of supposed to feel this way when working through a peaking phase. You may not start feeling better until about Wed-Thurs of next week, deep into the deload. Basically right when you need to be recovered.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The drugs will work. Focus on finishing your power training strong & then rest up for the meet doing only light cardio, just like you laid out. It’s also normal to feel run down from heavy low-rep work. It creates a fatigue that is very much it’s own, and also has a way of promoting a bizarre drive to crave calories (like working up to a max makes you want to just go to a Chinese buffet, despite the fact you did about 4 works sets max with next to no total volume or tonnage accumulated).

The good news is, you’re kind of supposed to feel this way when working through a peaking phase. You may not start feeling better until about Wed-Thurs of next week, deep into the deload. Basically right when you need to be recovered.
Thanks dude, I needed to hear something like that. My hunger is outrageous though LOL. Like I can't finish a meal and be satisfied 😂. I forgot what day it was but I let the kids order pizza and I told them to order me a Hawaiian pizza and a order of buffalo wings and I ate the entire Pizza except for one slice and the 12 wings and when I was done I was craving ice cream 🤷 luckily I've been managing my calories throughout the day in a very strategic way. I basically been eating just enough food and just enough protein to get me through my work day without feeling like I'm starving to death which I do still feel like I'm starving to death but you get what I'm saying. About a thousand calories makes up my first three meals and that leaves me with 2,000 calories from the time I get out of work till I go to bed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you have any L-Carnitine? Take that every morning. It can help your body supplement your glucose levels with stored fat a bit easier.

And if you have anything with choline, that suppresses appetite for a bit.

Pseudo ephedrine at 40mg and Ephedrine at 12.5mg are both good appetite suppressants for me.

Drinking lots of fluid can help stay a tad more full, chew gum, ramp your vegetables to stupid levels.

JM Blakley, who wrote that weight cutting manual and may be most famous for his plateau-busting bulking diet, was famous as a powerlifter for going from 198 up to 308 and back down to 220 in about a year, setting benchpress world records at different classes on the way up and down. When bulking he would have to get up to 13,000 calories at points, but cutting would go down as low as 2,000 average, do many hours of cardio daily, and would eat:

POUNDS of plain broccoli, lettuce, or oriental veggie mixes per day.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Jm Blakely was on dave tates table talk not too long ago. I'll have to check it out. I'm still watching the Fouad abiad episode

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Hyde Was Blakely the guy who said any man under 200 pounds is a woman?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol idk, but that’s a cheap shot I’ve heard tossed around. Obviously there are some really big & strong guys under 200, but haters gonna hate.

I still remember the look on a friend’s face some years back when we were all benching, discussing an upcoming meet 2 of us were doing. I commented that Sunday is when the 220 & up men compete, while Saturday is when all the female classes & men under 198 lifted. The other guy looks at me and says, “You mean the women??” and we burst out laughing.

We forgot one of the guys there was only like 190lbs or something. He was so hurt, he literally powerbulked to like 205 in a couple months after that I swear just because of that joke.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I got a buddy who likes make comments like that when I'm down around 190. The funny thing is he's 240@ probably 30%bf
.at 190 I still have more muscle then him and can out lift him in everything but exercises like DB curls that aren't meant to be done heavy in the first place

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
After warm ups I did sets of 3 rep sets at 185, 225, 275, singles with a pause at 315, 340 and touch and go 1 single at 355. I had no plan on going over 315 lb today but because I've been slacking my brain would not let me leave the gym without checking on my strength. So I have a huge sense of relief just knowing that I felt very strong today despite lifting after a day of working out in the rain and I was wearing flip-flops at the gym too lol.

So I think it's safe to say that being well rested dry and having a pair of sneakers or something on that I can use to dig into the ground my strength would have been higher. 360 still looks possible.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That really is so true, that heavy low rep strength work creates a different kind of hunger. It’s been a couple of years since I’ve done a true strength program, but it does create an extreme “I gotta find a buffet” hunger. I just never thought of it that way, I would definitely crave all kinds of calories, but man I couldn’t imagine 13000, that’s wild. That’s also a great idea with the Carnitine and the Ephedrine.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After warm ups I did sets of 3 rep sets at 185, 225, 275, singles with a pause at 315, 340 and touch and go 1 single at 355. I had no plan on going over 315 lb today but because I've been slacking my brain would not let me leave the gym without checking on my strength. So I have a huge sense of relief just knowing that I felt very strong today despite lifting after a day of working out in the rain and I was wearing flip-flops at the gym too lol.

So I think it's safe to say that being well rested dry and having a pair of sneakers or something on that I can use to dig into the ground my strength would have been higher. 360 still looks possible.
Yeah, looking at your progression, since you went back to heavy benching, I bet you will be able to hit 360.