Training log revamp ROUND 3 lol

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Easiest way ever, you make your girl do it.

No, I was gonna say boil, ice bath, roll on the table. My little brother can shell a egg in like 10 seconds and that's how he does it.

But, the wife method takes YOU zero seconds. Then there's the kids method too.
I'll try including the rolling on the table in to my routine. If I cook them too soft, I'll probably end up smashing them on table, though. Not having a wife/girl would probably make the first option to take a little too much time 😛 Starving to death on the mission, lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Easiest way ever, you make your girl do it.

No, I was gonna say boil, ice bath, roll on the table. My little brother can shell a egg in like 10 seconds and that's how he does it.

But, the wife method takes YOU zero seconds. Then there's the kids method too.
Damn I use to have one if those too.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My new favorite thing to do is add liquid egg whites to oatmeal instead of milk to make it creamy. Tastes just as good with a better protein source

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No for real it's good..I mean there's fruit and a little but of sugar in the oatmeal so you can't even tell the egg whites are in there

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I probably should've mentioned there not cooked. That would be disgusting. Yiu just pour a little in for the last 30 seconds of cooking the oatmeal and stir the liquid in

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My new favorite thing to do is add liquid egg whites to oatmeal instead of milk to make it creamy. Tastes just as good with a better protein source
My favorite oats bowl.

1 cup chocolate fairlife milk, 2 scoops chocolate whey. Make a shake, pour it over 1 cup oats and refrigerator overnight. The fairly is creamy and the final product has the consistency of chocolate pudding.

About 63gm of animal protein+10gm protein from the oats

73pro, 70gm carbs and 5-8gm fat depending on the powder.

Add a banana to make it 74/100/5-8.

Great meal 1 hour pre workout but I usually eat it for Breakfast or a late night snack

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Last bench day

All lifts were done with a slightly exaggerated hold at the bottom of the rep. This is only my second time doing a bench press competition and this is actually the first time I'm going to be doing one that has a real official judge calling out the commands versus the last time the gym owner just yelled down and then when you touched he yelled up.

135x5
185x5
235x3
285x1
325x1,1
I finished up with some static holds or crucifix holds with some light dumbbells, no reason why I just felt like I was in and out of the gym way too quick and I wanted to do something else lol. I almost continued into a shoulder workout and I was like no just stop and get the hell out of here so that's what I did.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My favorite oats bowl.

1 cup chocolate fairlife milk, 2 scoops chocolate whey. Make a shake, pour it over 1 cup oats and refrigerator overnight. The fairly is creamy and the final product has the consistency of chocolate pudding.

About 63gm of animal protein+10gm protein from the oats

73pro, 70gm carbs and 5-8gm fat depending on the powder.

Add a banana to make it 74/100/5-8.

Great meal 1 hour pre workout but I usually eat it for Breakfast or a late night snack
Yea that would be perfect late night for sure

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yea that would be perfect late night for sure
You can take that same fairlife milk and protein powder shake and whisk it into sugar-free chocolate Jello pudding the kind that comes in the little box and it makes for a delicious high protein pudding. I'll do that sometimes and then I'll pour that mixture into a little pie crust and stick it in the freezer and it's awesome for that late night sweet tooth craving. The macros on it are not bad at all either you could almost make it into a meal replacement if you wanted to but you're definitely better off reading real food. I'm just a notorious late night junk food eater.

Also for a late night snack I like to take regular fairlife milkAnd make a shake with vanilla protein powder and then I'll pour it in a blender with a bag of frozen strawberries and bananas and whip that up into soft serve ice cream. Throw a couple dark chocolate chips on top and it's awesome. Obviously you don't want to do stuff like this every single day but it's a great way to get a high protein snack that satisfies your sweet tooth at the same time

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can take that same fairlife milk and protein powder shake and whisk it into sugar-free chocolate Jello pudding the kind that comes in the little box and it makes for a delicious high protein pudding. I'll do that sometimes and then I'll pour that mixture into a little pie crust and stick it in the freezer and it's awesome for that late night sweet tooth craving. The macros on it are not bad at all either you could almost make it into a meal replacement if you wanted to but you're definitely better off reading real food. I'm just a notorious late night junk food eater.

Also for a late night snack I like to take regular fairlife milkAnd make a shake with vanilla protein powder and then I'll pour it in a blender with a bag of frozen strawberries and bananas and whip that up into soft serve ice cream. Throw a couple dark chocolate chips on top and it's awesome. Obviously you don't want to do stuff like this every single day but it's a great way to get a high protein snack that satisfies your sweet tooth at the same time
Yeah, I’ve tried your pudding idea with the Fairlife Milk and protein powder and it’s really good.
Funny thing is I’ve made a few of the things you’ve suggested, and they really are good and much healthier, but the Greek yogurt with ranch seasoning, we use Hidden Valley, has become a staple of me and my wife. All my buddies and sons that have tried it, loves it, and all want to know how to make it.
So I’ve told them how, and because I never feel right taking credit for someone else’s idea, we named it “Smont’s” Ranch Dressing and vegetable dip. So hey if we could start marketing it, you could get a “Name, Image, Likeness” fee. Lol 😎

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Last bench day

All lifts were done with a slightly exaggerated hold at the bottom of the rep. This is only my second time doing a bench press competition and this is actually the first time I'm going to be doing one that has a real official judge calling out the commands versus the last time the gym owner just yelled down and then when you touched he yelled up.

135x5
185x5
235x3
285x1
325x1,1
I finished up with some static holds or crucifix holds with some light dumbbells, no reason why I just felt like I was in and out of the gym way too quick and I wanted to do something else lol. I almost continued into a shoulder workout and I was like no just stop and get the hell out of here so that's what I did.
How’s everything feeling? You figured out your starting bench yet?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How’s everything feeling? You figured out your starting bench yet?
325 actually felt kinda heavy today but I think that was because of the extended pause at the bottom. As far as how my body feels, not bad. No aches or pains out of the normal while lifting. My wrists always hurt a little when I'm pressing anything over 250 but it's always tolerable. I do get some pain in my left shoulder but not when I'm lifting. It usually happens when I'm laying in bed at the end of the day.

Because my target weight is 360 I'm thinking about either

Or

I also plan on taking 100mg winni and 45mg of dmz on the lift day. I'm hoping that will bump my strength up a couple lbs. I really wish I had some SD or Anadrol kicking around but I dont

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The thing I'm most excited about is this being over with lol. I want to get off the winni and taper the doses of injectables down to trt over the course of 4-6 weeks. Reason being is I'm gonna spend the 6 following weeks getting back into boxing shape. Lots of cardio and lifting and dieting and I wanna be able to maintain some muscle this time instead of starving it off like I did last time. I did the math and say I was to fight mid January, if I taper down as mentioned I'd be back to real trt levels around Christmas. That will give me some extra gas while cutting and everything clearing out by fight time. I prefer not to be on anything more then trt and Carnitine, maybe clen, rolling into the fight because training on too much gear gives me lower back pumps and makes me gas out too quickly

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I'm rolling into this meet on 450 test, 450 eq and 50mg winni. (Definitely not a powerlifting cycle lol) after Saturday I drop Winnie and eq, stay on 450 test for 2-3 weeks, then 300 for 2-3 weeks and then 150-180 test from there on out.

Tapering off isint really necessary, I'm just dragging out the cycle a little to squeeze in some cutting/weight loss.

I really shrunk down a lot last time. I didn't notice it because I was still significantly more muscular then the other guys at the gym that fight. But looking back at pictures I was small in comparison to how I normally look. Frank Zane was my height and was only like 185 on stage. Obviously he's not boxing but my point is I can get down to a lighter weight and maintain more muscle. I lost like 1.5inches off my arms last time. I'd like to find balance between where I'm at now and where I was last time I dropped all that weight.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, I’ve tried your pudding idea with the Fairlife Milk and protein powder and it’s really good.
Funny thing is I’ve made a few of the things you’ve suggested, and they really are good and much healthier, but the Greek yogurt with ranch seasoning, we use Hidden Valley, has become a staple of me and my wife. All my buddies and sons that have tried it, loves it, and all want to know how to make it.
So I’ve told them how, and because I never feel right taking credit for someone else’s idea, we named it “Smont’s” Ranch Dressing and vegetable dip. So hey if we could start marketing it, you could get a “Name, Image, Likeness” fee. Lol 😎
The Greek yogurt thing is a staple for me too, I use it to replace pretty much everything. Salad dressing, mayo, wing sauce.

Try making some dry rub baked wings and add some buffalo sauce to the Greek yogurt and ranch mix

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
320, 340/345, 360 should be your jumps, based on the successful 355 in training (90,97,102%).

So I'm rolling into this meet on 450 test, 450 eq and 50mg winni. (Definitely not a powerlifting cycle lol) after Saturday I drop Winnie and eq, stay on 450 test for 2-3 weeks, then 300 for 2-3 weeks and then 150-180 test from there on out.
You are most definitely on a powerlifting cycle. Mark Bell has expressly stated on camera that his go to cycle was 500 test, 500 eq back in his powerlifting days. Before a meet at 8 weeks he would double it and add an oral very close, I can’t remember what. But many many powerlifters use Winny as their oral due to weightclass restrictions, or part of their oral stack simply because more total drugs offer more total firepower.

Powerlifting is not a terribly complicated endeavor, drug wise. Test and Tren are common, as are orals, and drugs should escalate towards comp. If anything wasn’t a powerlifting drug, it would be primo, but even then it can serve a roll to add more total drugs within manageable side effect perimeters to help hold more size overall. You see everything based on what people have access to, can afford, what they like. You know the deal, you can bulk and cut on anything, etc.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
320, 340/345, 360 should be your jumps, based on the successful 355 in training (90,97,102%).

You are most definitely on a powerlifting cycle. Mark Bell has expressly stated on camera that his go to cycle was 500 test, 500 eq back in his powerlifting days. Before a meet at 8 weeks he would double it and add an oral very close, I can’t remember what. But many many powerlifters use Winny as their oral due to weightclass restrictions, or part of their oral stack simply because more total drugs offer more total firepower.

Powerlifting is not a terribly complicated endeavor, drug wise. Test and Tren are common, as are orals, and drugs should escalate towards comp. If anything wasn’t a powerlifting drug, it would be primo, but even then it can serve a roll to add more total drugs within manageable side effect perimeters to help hold more size overall. You see everything based on what people have access to, can afford, what they like. You know the deal, you can bulk and cut on anything, etc.
Do you think it makes sense to you the doses this week then or is it too late for that. Obviously test and eq won't raise significantly at 6 days out but I do have a bunch of the orals I mentioned winni and dmz.

Honestly, I'm not super concerned about it if it's too late. Even if I only got 340 in comp that would be a official or at 198lbs and my 355 gym lift is a pr for me at any weight. I already feel like I succeeded. Now when I go back to regular weight training, 315 will be my new workout weight for heave sets of 3-6 or more. That in itself is a huge accomplishment for me

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you think it makes sense to you the doses this week then or is it too late for that. Obviously test and eq won't raise significantly at 6 days out but I do have a bunch of the orals I mentioned winni and dmz.

Honestly, I'm not super concerned about it if it's too late. Even if I only got 340 in comp that would be a official or at 198lbs and my 355 gym lift is a pr for me at any weight. I already feel like I succeeded. Now when I go back to regular weight training, 315 will be my new workout weight for heave sets of 3-6 or more. That in itself is a huge accomplishment for me
I would stop EQ right now; zero reason to pin anymore because whatever you pin today isn’t going to be released for the meet. I follow Josh Bryant’s normal rule, to stop all long ester shots about a week out from the meet. My last shot was on a Thursday and I competed the following Sunday (10 days later). I also started my 10 days of Anadrol then.

Any orals you take now will matter far more than the long ester oil.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I would stop EQ right now; zero reason to pin anymore because whatever you pin today isn’t going to be released for the meet. I follow Josh Bryant’s normal rule, to stop all long ester shots about a week out from the meet. My last shot was on a Thursday and I competed the following Sunday (10 days later). I also started my 10 days of Anadrol then.

Any orals you take now will matter far more than the long ester oil.
Ok so bare with me, tomorrow il take my last shot of test, skip the eq. Should I continue on the 50mg win up to the day and then slam 100 win and 30-45 dmz or should I up the winn to 100 now and add the dmz?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok so bare with me, tomorrow il take my last shot of test, skip the eq. Should I continue on the 50mg win up to the day and then slam 100 win and 30-45 dmz or should I up the winn to 100 now and add the dmz?
Agreed on the shot.

Adding more orals now will yield the bigger boost. Doubling Winny is more ideal from a weight cutting perspective, since you don’t want to add 3lbs of glycogen that DMZ will bring and it’s a morning-of weighin.

But the question you need to ask is, do you feel you really need that extra push? If not, keep it at 50 and just take the extra gas day of the meet.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Okay guys I need you to share some of your brain power with me for a second, about 2 months ago I had someone message me because they ran rad 140 and lgd at 15mg each and they tried to use clomid on cycle to prevent shutdown.

Total t dropped from 750ish down to the 200's, felt like crap, no interest in sex and can't maintain long enough to finish when he does have sex.

For privacy I'm not gonna share anything about who this person is unless he chooses to chime in.

I had him run 25clomid and 10nolva for 6 weeks. Nothing has changed in the way he feels or the performance issues. Bloodwork came back. Test is 437 and estrogen is double the reference range.

I'm kinda hesitant to say keep running pct. I'm thinking maybe use some exemestane at 12.5 EOD for a week or 2 first and see if lowering estrogen raises testosterone more.

Everything except thyroid hormones are in range, thyroid is a little low, and they didn't test free testosterone.

Anyone got some ideas.

Cailis is working as a bandaid at the moment but still not at full capacity.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
325 actually felt kinda heavy today but I think that was because of the extended pause at the bottom. As far as how my body feels, not bad. No aches or pains out of the normal while lifting. My wrists always hurt a little when I'm pressing anything over 250 but it's always tolerable. I do get some pain in my left shoulder but not when I'm lifting. It usually happens when I'm laying in bed at the end of the day.

Because my target weight is 360 I'm thinking about either

Or

I also plan on taking 100mg winni and 45mg of dmz on the lift day. I'm hoping that will bump my strength up a couple lbs. I really wish I had some SD or Anadrol kicking around but I dont
Damn I just got 50 geneza anadrol 50s the other day in the mail. Would totally shoot you some if I lived on your side of the country

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Another classic line from @Hyde that needs to be on a t shirt.." you know the deal, you can bulk and cut on anything" if you crew made this into a shirt it would take care of 98% of the questions we get asked every effing day lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I feel you in the late night thing..it's chicken and rice all day clean...but after I get home from the gym at night I try so hard to skip the oatmeal and fruit thing but it's so hard. I know I sound like a total pu$$y and my I can here one if my idols saying " are you doing whatever it takes..are you a 5 percenter" . I'm usually not for protein powder but I do like fairlife so I'll have to check some of your ideas out bro

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys I need you to share some of your brain power with me for a second, about 2 months ago I had someone message me because they ran rad 140 and lgd at 15mg each and they tried to use clomid on cycle to prevent shutdown.

Total t dropped from 750ish down to the 200's, felt like crap, no interest in sex and can't maintain long enough to finish when he does have sex.

For privacy I'm not gonna share anything about who this person is unless he chooses to chime in.

I had him run 25clomid and 10nolva for 6 weeks. Nothing has changed in the way he feels or the performance issues. Bloodwork came back. Test is 437 and estrogen is double the reference range.

I'm kinda hesitant to say keep running pct. I'm thinking maybe use some exemestane at 12.5 EOD for a week or 2 first and see if lowering estrogen raises testosterone more.

Everything except thyroid hormones are in range, thyroid is a little low, and they didn't test free testosterone.

Anyone got some ideas.

I would push Tamoxifen ~40mg for another 3 weeks. Start dropping 12.5mg Exemestane e3d as well and then if he’s tolerating that twice a week for 2 weeks after. I know the studies use a crap ton of Exemestane to drive testosterone, but we are after libido here so we would rather have a decent estrogen and lower test than the highest possible total test.

I think tamoxifen is stronger per mg than Clomid, safe enough still at 40mg (I’ve ran this for 6 weeks several times without issue), and doesn’t provide the libido issues Clomid does. While I’m on Clomid I can never stay very hard, nor do I have any drive for sex. It’s a good t-booster but awful for virility.

Also, take a good dose of daily zinc and consume sufficient fats in the diet. 25mg Zinc Picolinate caps are a few dollars from sites like Swanson and Piping Rock.

Wk1-3 Tamoxifen 40mg ed, Exemestane 12.5mg e3d
Wk 4-5 Exemestane 12.5mg e4d

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Anyone got some ideas.

I would push Tamoxifen ~40mg for another 3 weeks. Start dropping 12.5mg Exemestane e3d as well and then if he’s tolerating that twice a week for 2 weeks after. I know the studies use a crap ton of Exemestane to drive testosterone, but we are after libido here so we would rather have a decent estrogen and lower test than the highest possible total test.

I think tamoxifen is stronger per mg than Clomid, safe enough still at 40mg (I’ve ran this for 6 weeks several times without issue), and doesn’t provide the libido issues Clomid does. While I’m on Clomid I can never stay very hard, nor do I have any drive for sex. It’s a good t-booster but awful for virility.

Also, take a good dose of daily zinc and consume sufficient fats in the diet. 25mg Zinc Picolinate caps are a few dollars from sites like Swanson and Piping Rock.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
My thoughts are pretty much the same, as Hyde's. That estro has to come down. And as we know, 6 weeks of a PCT just isn't always enough. And if the Clomid is left out, in hopes of removing one possible negative factor for sexual performance, then the Tamox needs to be bumped up.

It woul help, if he could get LH, FSH, SHBG and free T readings as well. Unless "Everything except thyroid hormones are in range" means, that LH, FSH and SHBG are at a decent level. We could calculate his free T with TT and SHBG, if desired. That doesn't take Albumin in to account and isn't the same, as measured, but I believe you can calculate it pretty accurately. Many labs only offer free T as calculated from TT and SHBG.

A side note: I understand, that right now the person has other things in his mind, but at least at some point, these are the kind of true life experiences I hope people would share with bloodwork in threads where the SERM on cycle is being discussed and in general.

Side note 2: @Hyde : "While I’m on Clomid I can never stay very hard, nor do I have any drive for sex. It’s a good t-booster but awful for virility."

Do you think that would be beneficial to be shared in the Tren dick - thread? For the poor bloke who's waiting on Clomid to arrive, trying to get his noodle up and running again? Not to discourage him, but to inform that while Clomid helps bringing levels up, it can have a temporary negative effect on related factors. Just popped to my mind.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

When I used to take Clomid I noticed that as well. I always wondered how it was able to boost test but seem to have no effect or a negative effect on libido. I always just attributed it to being connected to one of the other sides it could cause. Really so many things can affect libido it’s such a guessing game, but at least these are educated guesses that make since and are on the right track.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Side note 2: @Hyde : "While I’m on Clomid I can never stay very hard, nor do I have any drive for sex. It’s a good t-booster but awful for virility."

Do you think that would be beneficial to be shared in the Tren dick - thread? For the poor bloke who's waiting on Clomid to arrive, trying to get his noodle up and running again? Not to discourage him, but to inform that while Clomid helps bringing levels up, it can have a temporary negative effect on related factors. Just popped to my mind.
Probably worth mentioning, yes. It’s going to be a recovery process for him.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I feel you in the late night thing..it's chicken and rice all day clean...but after I get home from the gym at night I try so hard to skip the oatmeal and fruit thing but it's so hard. I know I sound like a total pu$$y and my I can here one if my idols saying " are you doing whatever it takes..are you a 5 percenter" . I'm usually not for protein powder but I do like fairlife so I'll have to check some of your ideas out bro
I'm kinda anti protein powder too, that's why I use it in a pinch or for desserts most of the time. I'm a lean meat, rice and vegetables guy. But I also try to bring convince into play. Especially when I'm on the road or have cravings because of my binge eating. I'd rather fall off the tracks with protein ice cream or protein pudding then boxes of Oreos and Pop-Tarts

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As to everyone's suggestions above thanks. Appreciate the help. Hopefully he gets back on track and I'm really hoping once this is fixed he shares his experience with the serm on cycle crew

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
MONDAY - no cardio, but worked 10.5 hours that was non stop moving and loading heavy **** (soil nails)in and out of a giant drill about 150x or more

Tuesday - after work I stretched and did a little jog around the block, then went to the gym and did a bunch of 3-5min moderate intensity intervals of bike, jump rope, shadow boxing, kicks in the heavy bag ect. Nothing too strenuous but more then steady state cardio.

Today 199ish lbs
IMG_20221012_043802264.jpg

I may or may not do anything tonight after work, and just light steady state cardio from here, il walk in the door at 198 or less and eat a quick carb heavy meal after weigh in. Looks like events start 2 hours after weigh in

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
By the way, I upped the metformin to 1500 the past 3 days, 500 with meal 2 and 1000 after dinner. And while I'm not crapping my pants, I do have pretty bad gas and the occasional stomach ache. And that's not from my diet I don't think as I've cut out all the junk and just eating protein and vegetables for the bulk of my food with all my carbs in the evening at dinner. I did reduce my water intake a little bit the past 2 days and I'm pissing 2-3x as much as I normally do too.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Abs are fully visible again too so that makes me happy, shocking what 7-8lbs will do visually
Yeah, it's also funny or interesting how it differs based on what phase of cutting you are. Like I can lose 10-15 lbs or something and can't even notice the difference, myself at least. And then lose another 5 lbs and bam! A huge difference.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, it's also funny or interesting how it differs based on what phase of cutting you are. Like I can lose 10-15 lbs or something and can't even notice the difference, myself at least. And then lose another 5 lbs and bam! A huge difference.
Same here, I was about 202 when my abs faded out so they came back around the same point. It was that extra 5-7or8lbs that was covering them. But even now that there fully visible, I'd probably need to drop 10-15more before I looked ripped. Me at 208 was right at the point where I would tell someone that your starting to bulk too far. Honestly it was poor food choices and binge eating that got me there. I could have structured everything much better and got to 215/220 without getting fat if I played that rebound phase correctly. I did it good for the first 10 to 15 lb and then I really screwed the pooch on the next 10 to 15

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you cry when you didn't see a 2 as the first number on the scale? Lol. I started my cut 2 weeks ago and already seeing results just by adding heavy cardio on the stepmill. People agave already been commenting that I look bigger which I get but it seems a little soon. I'm trying to stay away from the scale tho because the locker room scale is mechanical so when I put the first weight on 150 instead of 200 I'll privately lose my mind lol but abs and muscular vascularity are worth it not to mention the gains I'm gonna get on the rebound. The main reason for this cut

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you cry when you didn't see a 2 as the first number on the scale? Lol. I started my cut 2 weeks ago and already seeing results just by adding heavy cardio on the stepmill. People agave already been commenting that I look bigger which I get but it seems a little soon. I'm trying to stay away from the scale tho because the locker room scale is mechanical so when I put the first weight on 150 instead of 200 I'll privately lose my mind lol but abs and muscular vascularity are worth it not to mention the gains I'm gonna get on the rebound. The main reason for this cut
Haha! I get what your saying, but I'm more likely to cry, when I've been suffering from hunger and low energy and all that, and the scale doesn't move down, lol.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like you are on point for where you need to be! Not having to do anything major to prep should help put in a good performance.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I tried to hang myself but I wasn't heavy enough for the slipknot to tighten around my neck. So I wiggled around a little bit before I realized the rope slipped right off.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Funny enough, when I'm in shape I look bigger at 195 then I do at 210 with higher bodyfat, once I slip into the 180's I start to dissapear. I've never cut like that on a real cycle tho. Usually when I'm trying to droo that much weight I'm intentionally trying to loose some muscle because it helps with endurance and hand speed for me.

Gonna do a more traditional cut tho next time and aim for only 1.5lbs loss a week

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Funny enough, when I'm in shape I look bigger at 195 then I do at 210 with higher bodyfat, once I slip into the 180's I start to dissapear. I've never cut like that on a real cycle tho. Usually when I'm trying to droo that much weight I'm intentionally trying to loose some muscle because it helps with endurance and hand speed for me.

Gonna do a more traditional cut tho next time and aim for only 1.5lbs loss a week
Solid plan, I bet you would look sick at a totally ripped 190, but not sure how long you would want to stay there. Be a great place to launch a lean bulk from and do it the right way. See if you can make that 220 lean.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Solid plan, I bet you would look sick at a totally ripped 190, but not sure how long you would want to stay there. Be a great place to launch a lean bulk from and do it the right way. See if you can make that 220 lean.
I'm still gonna try to get a fight in January, I already got them looking for a opponent so I gotta drop to 178. So il probably get to 190 and hold there till 4 weeks out.

But I will be making that jump to 220+ next year.

When the time comes I'm going to pay a coach or someone in the bodybuilding community to do my meal plan and that will force me to check in and stick with the plan. I have a bad habit of seccond guessing myself

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm still gonna try to get a fight in January, I already got them looking for a opponent so I gotta drop to 178. So il probably get to 190 and hold there till 4 weeks out.

But I will be making that jump to 220+ next year.

When the time comes I'm going to pay a coach or someone in the bodybuilding community to do my meal plan and that will force me to check in and stick with the plan. I have a bad habit of seccond guessing myself
Trust me I know, when this was my life before all the injuries I was on top of all the training aspects, nutrition and everything, but I would often second guess myself. I worked with a good coach for a little bit and just executed and made a lot of progress pretty quickly.

Funny how a couple years of not paying tons of attention and you feel like you forgot half of everything you knew before.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Trust me I know, when this was my life before all the injuries I was on top of all the training aspects, nutrition and everything, but I would often second guess myself. I worked with a good coach for a little bit and just executed and made a lot of progress pretty quickly.

Funny how a couple years of not paying tons of attention and you feel like you forgot half of everything you knew before.
You know what the worst part is, for me and I bet you too, I can guide someone step by step through what they need to do, I have been fairly successful designing meal plans for ppl and helping ppl fix there training programs and stay on track and get great results. But then when it's time to do it myself I slack off, switch goals, binge eat from time to time. It's crazy.

I can go from this at 190/195
IMG_20220627_211836197~3.jpg
IMG_20220726_192056534~2.jpg

And then binge eat 10-15lbs of fat on in 6 weeks and just look like a blocky guy that might be into powerlifting. Maybe a x football player or something who let himself go. But if I took those pictures as a starting point and stuck to the plan the way I guide someone else id be all set.

I'm my own worst enemy

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep, I am so with you on that! I have prepped people for physique shows but can't keep myself on a plan without wanting to try whatever it is that looks cool that I am not doing. LOL

Lately though (last 3 years) it has been even harder. I had to get out of my head with the planning because I kept running into injury issues the kept me from being able to comply which would set me off. Made me not enjoy any of it so I just ate instead. Kind of that all or nothing thing that @Hyde mentioned to me in my log. Now I just have to correct it.