Training log revamp ROUND 3 lol

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
And thats why I never had kids I know you guys don't regret them at all but i knew a long time ago I was too selfish to l have them. My wife and I have 2 mini dachshunds and those 2 were more than enough for us so I just shrank my balls to nothing with gear so having kids was close to impossible lol
I think that's actually unselfish. Having kids when you're not up to the task; mentally, financially, commitment wise or what ever, but still have them just cause' you want to have them, that's selfish.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And thats why I never had kids I know you guys don't regret them at all but i knew a long time ago I was too selfish to l have them. My wife and I have 2 mini dachshunds and those 2 were more than enough for us so I just shrank my balls to nothing with gear so having kids was close to impossible lol
That's my brother, he never had kids, his dogs are his kids. While I was working 60hr weeks and drinking myself to sleep in my 20's and early 30's my brother was going to Jamaica and Vegas and wherever else he wanted.

I don't regret having kids tho, because as awesome as it must be to do whatever you want, I'm a little too extreme for my own good. I probably would have done something that killed me.

Even with kids I was partying hard (mostly alcohol) with no kids I might have ended up a drug attic or dead.

Most of my friends that kept fighting after I stopped developed drug problems, all of my friends that don't have kids have some sort of substance abuse problems.

I probably would be worse, I don't half ass my problems, I go full blown degenerate status, it's all or nothing around here most of the time.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I didn't really have anything planned for the gym today but I felt the need to go and since I've been working on my bench a lot and my upper body strength I've been neglecting legs, surprise surprise. So I did a lower body workout it was probably more of a cardio workout than anything because I did very lightweights just full range of motion getting good stretches but not really struggling at all as I pretty much used bare Bones baby weights for everything.

Screenshot_20220924-092416~2.png

I'm also going to have someone look at my shoulders and lower back this afternoon and getting a 20min massage after the evaluation.

It's kinda hippie therapy **** but I figured I'd give it a try and at the least it should be relaxing

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didn't really have anything planned for the gym today but I felt the need to go and since I've been working on my bench a lot and my upper body strength I've been neglecting legs, surprise surprise. So I did a lower body workout it was probably more of a cardio workout than anything because I did very lightweights just full range of motion getting good stretches but not really struggling at all as I pretty much used bare Bones baby weights for everything.

View attachment 222508

I'm also going to have someone look at my shoulders and lower back this afternoon and getting a 20min massage after the evaluation.

It's kinda hippie therapy **** but I figured I'd give it a try and at the least it should be relaxing
Have you ever tried cupping during your massage sessions? I know people that swear by it but I’ve never done it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Have you ever tried cupping during your massage sessions? I know people that swear by it but I’ve never done it
I get a massage like 3x year. I'd like to do it bi Weekly but I get so busy. But no,I've heard ppl say they swear by it, but honestly, the ppl I know that swear by it are also the ppl who are into everything trendy. I think it's kinda a fad thing.

I'm not opposed to trying it tho. But at the same time, I work manual labor and work out a lot. I'd imagine having 30 black and blue painful bruises on my back would make the work week kinda rough lol

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you come across anyone on the forum here that regularly does it?
I haven’t. My wife just started getting them while doing lymphatic massages. She has to get the massages due to a surgery she had. She’s only had the cupping done once so far. She said it seemed to help her. I also work with a girl that gets them. She’s super active. Does cross fit and rolls at a BJJ gym. She swears by them as far as the soreness in her shoulders. Supposedly the cupping is supposed to decrease inflammation and pull toxins to the skin so the body can get rid of it. It’s been around forever.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Tomorrow I got arms, so I'm gonna start with benching those sets of 3's and follow up with some pump work for arms.
Got arms and cardio tomorrow too bro probably gonna be a quick 1 hr pump session tho as I want to get atleast 45 minutes in before the first game. NFL starts at 10am here on the west coast most love it like that I kind of miss the 1pm starts tho you could actually get **** done before the first game. Pm the other hand tho the Sunday night game starts at 530 instead of 830 so there's that

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Got arms and cardio tomorrow too bro probably gonna be a quick 1 hr pump session tho as I want to get atleast 45 minutes in before the first game. NFL starts at 10am here on the west coast most love it like that I kind of miss the 1pm starts tho you could actually get **** done before the first game. Pm the other hand tho the Sunday night game starts at 530 instead of 830 so there's that
What's your arm workout looking like today.

I'm thinking I get my bench work in and follow up with a bunch of super sets and very short rest.

Barbell curl/ V bar pressdown
Hammer curl/ DB crushers
Machine preacher curl/ overhead db ext
Push ups to failure

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I haven’t. My wife just started getting them while doing lymphatic massages. She has to get the massages due to a surgery she had. She’s only had the cupping done once so far. She said it seemed to help her. I also work with a girl that gets them. She’s super active. Does cross fit and rolls at a BJJ gym. She swears by them as far as the soreness in her shoulders. Supposedly the cupping is supposed to decrease inflammation and pull toxins to the skin so the body can get rid of it. It’s been around forever.
I've read most of those things. Here's something that's always got me thinking tho, when they say it pulls toxins from the skin. How?

It stretches the facia and draws blood to the area, I can see that helping circulation. But in order to pull toxins from the skin then something would have to come out of the skin wouldn't it? Otherwise it's pulling toxins to the skin and then there going right back into your circulation.

I'm not saying it doesn't work because I don't have a clue lol, I just can't make sense of it.

It's like if you were to free up fatty acids in your bloodstream, if you don't burn them then the fat redeposits somewhere else.

When I go back next weekend il try to pick the ladies brain a little bit and see what she thinks. If they offer it il do it and see what happens

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oh, by the way, the girl that did my evaluation and massage was kinda creepy. I couldn't tell if she was hitting on me or just really into her job.

Every time she found a knot she was very hyper focused on it and talking like a robot or something, very monotone. Make little jokes but not laughing or changing expression in her voice.

She also said I made her hands hurt and she's gonna have to schedule me for the last session of the day next week.

She was very nice and pretty good looking, but very strange lol

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think one of the reasons for athletes to use cupping is to pull away and release tight fascia from the muscles to enable the 'normal' massage to have better effect. I saw Dominic Cruz talk about that, but it was a short clip in the middle of some MMA news, so I could be mistaken, lol.

Last edited:

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's your arm workout looking like today.

I'm thinking I get my bench work in and follow up with a bunch of super sets and very short rest.

Barbell curl/ V bar pressdown
Hammer curl/ DB crushers
Machine preacher curl/ overhead db ext
Push ups to failure
I like to start with bis as they cushion the tris fir later ( bro science from Arnold's encyclopedia)
Bb curls
Machine preacher curls
Hammer curls
Bodyweight dips( might superset w lat pull-down just bc)
Straight bar push downs 5 × pronated wrist 5 × supinated wrist
Overhead extensions probably with rope
Reverse curls and bb reverse wrist curls

Not the best workout but they guy i train with on Sundays likes it and he has otherworldly genetics dude is 53 and yoked af. Natty too know for a fact he's scared to death of needles like worse than a toddler but he's fun to train with and we both get gnarly pumps it's funny too because we always see the young kids doing the same workout throughout the week lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh, by the way, the girl that did my evaluation and massage was kinda creepy. I couldn't tell if she was hitting on me or just really into her job.

Every time she found a knot she was very hyper focused on it and talking like a robot or something, very monotone. Make little jokes but not laughing or changing expression in her voice.

She also said I made her hands hurt and she's gonna have to schedule me for the last session of the day next week.

She was very nice and pretty good looking, but very strange lol
Bro she probably was but I might be the wrong guy telling you my wife told me she coujdnt have been more obvious back in the day. She always said I spent 1000s of dollars buying pt sessions from you and you still had no clue that the only reason I bought them was so I could spend an hour with you to myself a couple of times a week.lol.
For real tho I'm sure working on someone with your physique is exciting for a change considering what she probably gets the rest of the day which most likely makes you even more attractive. Just go with it bro I mean don't cheat I your wife (ever) but you can make the woman's day at work and thats a good deed done lol

Mr Green

Awards
I get regular chiropractic care and often that involves cupping and dry needling. Definitely recommend as someone who’s trashed their body at a young age. Keeps me in the game so to speak.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I get regular chiropractic care and often that involves cupping and dry needling. Definitely recommend as someone who’s trashed their body at a young age. Keeps me in the game so to speak.
What benifits have you noticed

Mr Green

Awards
What benifits have you noticed
I feel like it really helps loosen up the fascia improving my mobility and recovery. I think it’s more useful acutely like whenever I’d have an injury flare up like my lower back or if my shoulder was feeling jammed up.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've read most of those things. Here's something that's always got me thinking tho, when they say it pulls toxins from the skin. How?

It stretches the facia and draws blood to the area, I can see that helping circulation. But in order to pull toxins from the skin then something would have to come out of the skin wouldn't it? Otherwise it's pulling toxins to the skin and then there going right back into your circulation.

I'm not saying it doesn't work because I don't have a clue lol, I just can't make sense of it.

It's like if you were to free up fatty acids in your bloodstream, if you don't burn them then the fat redeposits somewhere else.

When I go back next weekend il try to pick the ladies brain a little bit and see what she thinks. If they offer it il do it and see what happens
Here’s my understanding of the skin and toxins. The lymphatic system helps pull bacteria and toxins from the skin and other tissue in the body then expels it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Here’s my understanding of the skin and toxins. The lymphatic system helps pull bacteria and toxins from the skin and other tissue in the body then expels it.
Ok I get that, but it has to expel it out of something. It has to expel through your skin, or your mouth, or your ass, or your eyeballs, it has to come out somewhere you get what I'm saying lol. Your sweat, your urine, feces.

Somewhere. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just trying to make a understanding for myself.

In order for it to get rid of any toxins or bacteria then yes it would have to expel it. But it would physically have to come out of somewhere or it's not expelled and it's just staying in your body

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I could be 100% wrong on that too but I don't see any way it makes sense that you could expel something without it physically coming out

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Flat bench, I did a bunch of 3 rep sets between 225-275 just really trying to make sure I pause at the bottom and fire it back up.

Then I just did the exact workout I listed earlier. Didn't write anything down but it was 3 supersets, each superset was 4x10ea

Then I did push ups 50, 33, 22

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok I get that, but it has to expel it out of something. It has to expel through your skin, or your mouth, or your ass, or your eyeballs, it has to come out somewhere you get what I'm saying lol. Your sweat, your urine, feces.

Somewhere. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just trying to make a understanding for myself.

In order for it to get rid of any toxins or bacteria then yes it would have to expel it. But it would physically have to come out of somewhere or it's not expelled and it's just staying in your body

See if this make sense

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I could be 100% wrong on that too but I don't see any way it makes sense that you could expel something without it physically coming out
I have to agree here. If you want to talk about manipulating structures or bloodflow in order to achieve some sort of improved functionality, I'm on board to listen to what someone might propose, but I still think the onus is on the practitioner to explain how/why it works.

When chiropracters start talking about realigning subluxations to cure viral diseases (like popping your back to cure your flu), or when a massage therapist uses the word "toxins" at all, I just tune them out and remind myself that they don't have a PhD, nor is one required for the work that they do.

In my opinion they should stop playing (or calling themselves) "doctor" and stay in their lane.

My apologies if this rubs anyone the wrong way, but my wife used to work for a chiropractor when we first got married. She was a big believer in what they did. She was plagued by neck pain, back pain, wrist pain, all of the years that she went to (and worked for) them. I convinced her to stop getting adjustments (it was not easy, it took time and patience and some tears), and after 6 months of not getting "treated" by them: she was pain free.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have to agree here. If you want to talk about manipulating structures or bloodflow in order to achieve some sort of improved functionality, I'm on board to listen to what someone might propose, but I still think the onus is on the practitioner to explain how/why it works.

When chiropracters start talking about realigning subluxations to cure viral diseases (like popping your back to cure your flu), or when a massage therapist uses the word "toxins" at all, I just tune them out and remind myself that they don't have a PhD, nor is one required for the work that they do.

In my opinion they should stop playing (or calling themselves) "doctor" and stay in their lane.

My apologies if this rubs anyone the wrong way, but my wife used to work for a chiropractor when we first got married. She was a big believer in what they did. She was plagued by neck pain, back pain, wrist pain, all of the years that she went to (and worked for) them. I convinced her to stop getting adjustments (it was not easy, it took time and patience and some tears), and after 6 months of not getting "treated" by them: she was pain free.
I know a lot of ppl who would agree with you. I'm more on your side of the fence but I like to give things a chance once in a while.

I do agree with the toxins part. That's a word selectively used to draw ppl in.

Toxins bad, we get rid of toxins.

Oooo that sounds good!

As for chiropractors I'm up in the air on that one as well. I have friends that swear they work and others that say it made them worse.

I like to keep a open mind for all these things but I'm usually on the skeptical side

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I like to keep a open mind for all these things but I'm usually on the skeptical side
I think that's a great way to approach many aspects of life, especially applicable in this regard.

I'm happy for anyone who gets relief from pain from treatments (even if I don't understand them). But some of these practitioners are causing harm and claiming to heal, and we have to protect ourselves (and those we care about) from that wherever we can. It'd be nice to see it properly regulated, but we know that's not going to happen in our lifetimes, so discernment and healthy skepticism are prudent.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ll explain why my wife is having lymphatic massages. Three and a half weeks ago she had an abdominoplasty and muscle repair. Her abs were torn from giving birth to two kids close together. She’s 48 works out all the time but the loose skin isn’t going anywhere and while doing any core work she felt her insides were coming out through the tear. After the plastic surgeon did the surgery, part of the recovery process is lymphatic massages. Your lymphatic system is totally fucked up from the surgery. So her dr recommended her to go to this specific massage therapist because she had been vetted by the plastic surgery practice. Lymphatic massages are pretty standard for the recovery process of this surgery across the country. So with that being said, I’m skeptical of all dr’s. Most dr’s don’t listen to their patients and treat them way they think they should be treated and not taking all symptoms in consideration. I know all dr’s aren’t like this. So I say all of that to say this, the cupping things makes sense to me after learning more than I knew about the lymphatic system since my wife’s surgery. Not saying the cupping thing is all it’s cracked up to be but who knows. To each their own I guess.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's a Gorgonzola encrusted 45 day dry aged New York strip, Cajun shrimp and some sauteed vegetables.
Bro that looks so beyond good as I'm eating my boneless skinless chicken breast with a little bit of salsa and cream of rice

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh man, now that’s a good combination, New York Strip and Cajun Shrimp. Looks medium rare too, so you can savor and enjoy the flavor. Man I gotta go buy some steaks now. I can’t resist the power of the food porn.😜😵💫

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bro that looks so beyond good as I'm eating my boneless skinless chicken breast with a little bit of salsa and cream of rice
Don't feel bad, I had a protein bar and coffee for breakfast and my next 2 meals today are boneless skinless baked chicken breasts with steamed broccoli and carrots and I got to eat them cold lol

Last edited:

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Don't feel bad, I had a protein bar and coffee for breakfast and my next 2 meals today are boneless skinless baked chicken breasts with steamed broccoli and carrots and I got to eat them cold lol
Pretty much my meals today at work as well but I have jasmine rice with the chicken abd veggies oh yea I do have some nice bananas and an orange to look forward to

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Pretty much my meals today at work as well but I have jasmine rice with the chicken abd veggies oh yea I do have some nice bananas and an orange to look forward to
Ahhh, yep I almost forgot, I got 5 dates and 2 clementines to go with meal 3.

Working on restructuring my meal plan these last few weeks.

I also think I'm gonna say no to fighting in November and worry about it in the spring.

I'd rather just be a little porky and happy this winter. Gonna probably let my weight climb up in the 220s after the bench comp

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I also think I'm gonna say no to fighting in November and worry about it in the spring.

I'd rather just be a little porky and happy this winter. Gonna probably let my weight climb up in the 220s after the bench comp
You’re gonna be 220 by Thanksgiving, calling it now.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You’re gonna be 220 by Thanksgiving, calling it now.
Lol, I don't know if I can disagree. I've spent the last few years not letting myself get too heavy so when I do let myself go it piles up quick

I'm gonna do a mini cut still at some point just to tighten up and make sure blood sugar and everything is under control and then I'd hope to slowly gain through the winter.

I guess the deciding factor would be if I stayed on some sort of cycle or not.

On trt im not hitting 220 without gaining a lot of fat and bloat, but even if I went to something mild like a low to moderate dose of test and primo i could definitely be 220+ sometime between thanksgiving and Christmas

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

That's what everyone keeps telling me to do. I like to wear sweatshirts when I'm cutting tho because when I wear them it still makes me feel big. I know it's all in my head but I'd rather do my cut now when I'm actually motivated to do it on top of that most people at crunch are using this season to eat like crap and train like pussies and call it bulking season little do they know a real true bulk is just as miserable as pre contest

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s gonna happen. He’s a foodie, his drugs are high enough and he’s got muscle/fat cell “memory” in his favor lol
He's also going to have to come to terms with the fact that you can train and look like a bodybuilder a lot longer than you can fighting and powerlifting. I know it sucks but it is what it is

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I hope I didn't come off like a dick in my response bro. I'll try and help/give support no matter what your goal(s) are

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It’s gonna happen. He’s a foodie, his drugs are high enough and he’s got muscle/fat cell “memory” in his favor lol
Yes, I love food, in fact, there are few things in live I value more then a good meal.

As far as the muscle/fat memory, your also correct. I can get to about 215 and maintain some abs on muscle memory and then the fat piles on.

So to avoid this il probably do a mini cut (which I'm kinda starting today 15 days to drop about 7-8lbs. I got some tricks up my sleeve and my little mini cuts always go well and I think I finally figured them out in a way that works best for me.

So I would do the bench at 198, then probably keep eating at maintenance or slightly less and kick up cardio and get back to where I feel I look my best, not biggest but my most complete look is probably around 192-194. Then I would start the "bulking"

Rocking a full set of abs @195 I think I can put on 20lbs while staying lean.

I also started metformin a few days ago and I gotta say, it does some recomping. I'm the anti recomp guy but metformin makes it happen.

After the next 15 days if everything works out il lay out exactly what I did.

In the meantime I'm just gonna keep training as I was with a little bit more cardio

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you have some certainty with your immediate training goals.

A word of caution: go easy on the minicut. Lifting maximal weights and steep caloric deficits do not play nicely. You need your programming to reflect this, so lower the accessory volume and save your energy/recovery for the heavy benching now that you are getting so close to the contest.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Outside of a few exercises like the bench, weighted chins and hang cleans, everything else I'm doing is basically fluff work. Light weights, stuff I can do for 15-20 reps but I'm doing sets of 10-12, shorter rest but not by any means burning out. Either tonight or Thursday I'm gonna go for my last big bench single and that's it for bench as well outside of working with lighter weights and practicing good reps.

It's also being judged by the strong man guys so I have a feeling there not gonna be super strict on the reps. I've been watching some of them bench and the do a very quick pause at the bottom and back up. Closer to a touch and go then a strict competition lift.

Last single was 355 with elbow sleeves.

My question is, for my final single do I go 360 with sleeves or 355 no sleeves? My heaviest lifts with no sleeves were 345x1 and 325x3

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Outside of a few exercises like the bench, weighted chins and hang cleans, everything else I'm doing is basically fluff work. Light weights, stuff I can do for 15-20 reps but I'm doing sets of 10-12, shorter rest but not by any means burning out. Either tonight or Thursday I'm gonna go for my last big bench single and that's it for bench as well outside of working with lighter weights and practicing good reps.

It's also being judged by the strong man guys so I have a feeling there not gonna be super strict on the reps. I've been watching some of them bench and the do a very quick pause at the bottom and back up. Closer to a touch and go then a strict competition lift.

Last single was 355 with elbow sleeves.

My question is, for my final single do I go 360 with sleeves or 355 no sleeves? My heaviest lifts with no sleeves were 345x1 and 325x3
You can’t use elbow sleeves to bench in a meet. Go sleeveless.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can’t use elbow sleeves to bench in a meet. Go sleeveless.
I don't know what it is about the sleeves but they give me a confidence boost and a sense of security. Lots of the time I hit a weight like say 330 with sleeves and now that I know that I can do 330 il do it next time without sleeves. The confidence level goes through the roof knowing I've done it before. But no sleeves it is. Il avoid them from here out as I'm not gonna lift anything that might get me hurt anyway for the next few weeks

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
He's also going to have to come to terms with the fact that you can train and look like a bodybuilder a lot longer than you can fighting and powerlifting. I know it sucks but it is what it is
Ya but that's not the point, well, actually I guess it is the point.

I can train like a bodybuilder forever but I can't train for strength indefinitely and I definitely can't fight forever.

So now is the time to do those things before it's too late, specifically fighting. I'm not chasing a fighting career as I know that ship has sailed.

But I like to fight, I enjoy fighting in front of a crowd and pretty soon il be too old. I probably got less then 3-5 years total unless I start slamming the GH. Joking.

My point is I need to fight a few more times before it's too late.

For my own personal satisfaction

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't know what it is about the sleeves but they give me a confidence boost and a sense of security. Lots of the time I hit a weight like say 330 with sleeves and now that I know that I can do 330 il do it next time without sleeves. The confidence level goes through the roof knowing I've done it before. But no sleeves it is. Il avoid them from here out as I'm not gonna lift anything that might get me hurt anyway for the next few weeks
Something I tell newer competitors is that you don’t need to lift it in the gym to lift it at the comp - you just need to be well-prepared. If you have done the work to earn it, trust your training.