Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If your already at 355 touch and go, and that wasn’t too difficult, I don’t see any reason you won’t hit 360 in competition.
You seem to thrive in competitive environments, and that’s how I was. I don’t know if just the adrenaline are just competing against others, but I loved the day of any competition.
What I had to be careful of was going too hard and fast early and fading at the end. Just stick to your game plan, and feel it out on comp. day and you might surprise yourself and have more in you than you thought.
My strength seems to go up significantly when there's ppl watching me. Il be doing sets with , let's just pick a random number 225 for 10-12 reps on a exercise. Then one day il have a workout partner and il get close to 20 that day.

I get a huge adrenaline dump or something when I'm under pressure in something competitive. This was probably why I excelled at wrestling and even billiards. Basically I was always better at 1 on 1 sports, and when I'm lifting I must get a good ego stroke or something knowing that someone is gonna see this lift. My mind goes straight to "you better not fukin miss this **** with ppl watching"

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Is everyone watching football after the gym this morning. Here on the west coast games start at 10am. Right when I start meal prepping for the work week
First game here is at noon I think, I haven't been paying attention. I kinda lost my interest for watching sports when covid hit.

I'm gonna set my fantasy football lineup, place a couple bets online and il probably just flip the the games I got action on lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was a Giants fan and a Yankees fan. But since covid I stopped watching, off top of my head I can't name five players on the Giants or even think of a single starting pitcher on the Yankees lol. Im slippin big-time

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah my NFL team, Atlanta, sucks the last few years, since Tom Brady snatched our soul in Super Bowl 52. Now, I’m the same way on the NFL….I watch all the games that effect my Fantasy team.
I still love college football and MLB….my teams there are Georgia Bulldogs and Atlanta Braves.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Arm day, holy fluck ballz! I haven't had a arm day in idk how long. I took some "pump" ingredients I had kicking around. Basically stuff you would find in a basic pump product and took 50mg winni and just did a bunch of supersets in the 12-20 rep range

Duel handles pressdown/close grip chin up
Hammer curl/db krushers
V bar pressdown/reverse ez curl
Machine preacher/overhead db ext

Pump was insane. I tried sooooooo hard to get pictures but I couldn't keep my hands still. Too pumped up that I was shaking trying to press the button to take the pictures. I took like 20pics and only 1 wasn't blurry
IMG_20220911_163451277~2.jpg

p.s. I'm probably going to do arms at planet fitness every Sunday during football season. It was me and one other person that you can tell works out. 3 senior citizens and a couple girls on the treadmill. Basically 10ppl in the gym. Just how I like it

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely got a good pump, especially in your triceps and forearms. Always good have a good arm pump going, especially when leaving the gym. Arms are usually the first thing people notice when your walking out.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely got a good pump, especially in your triceps and forearms. Always good have a good arm pump going, especially when leaving the gym. Arms are usually the first thing people notice when your walking out.
So true I went I'm to the gas station to get some Lenny and Larry's oatmeal raisin protein cookies and the lady at the register was are you going to the gun show? Not even joking. I was like huh? Oh yea ( forgot I was wearing a tank top)

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah my NFL team, Atlanta, sucks the last few years, since Tom Brady snatched our soul in Super Bowl 52. Now, I’m the same way on the NFL….I watch all the games that effect my Fantasy team.
I still love college football and MLB….my teams there are Georgia Bulldogs and Atlanta Braves.
Yea I prefer college as well always have..it what o miss about Detroit so much being around all my fellow u of m fans thanks for that ass whopping last year btw...🤣 for real tho you guys deserved it you were the best team all year and looking like the best one so far this year

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea I prefer college as well always have..it what o miss about Detroit so much being around all my fellow u of m fans thanks for that ass whopping last year btw...🤣 for real tho you guys deserved it you were the best team all year and looking like the best one so far this year
Yeah, they are looking good again….It always comes down to beating Alabama eventually though. It felt like they finally closed the gap last year.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whatever you can bench several weeks out with a pause, multiply that by 1.025 - it’s pretty realistic to expect to be able to get another 2.5% when well rested in a competitive scenario (if you show up healthy and don’t tend to fold under pressure).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Whatever you can bench several weeks out with a pause, multiply that by 1.025 - it’s pretty realistic to expect to be able to get another 2.5% when well rested in a competitive scenario (if you show up healthy and don’t tend to fold under pressure).
Typically, the more people I have watching me the better I perform. It's like a fear of embarrassment or something LOL.

I'd have to go back and check but I believe 345 with a pause is my best right now

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Typically, the more people I have watching me the better I perform. It's like a fear of embarrassment or something LOL.

I'd have to go back and check but I believe 345 with a pause is my best right now
My wife and myself are the same way.

Confidence is extremely important too. I mean, really truly committing to the attempt AND believing you are capable of what you take. I benched 391.3lbs successfully yesterday at competition on my third attempt. Watching the video, I can’t believe how slow it was - if I had been an onlooker, I would have doubted I would finish it. Yet, before the lift I was 100% confident I could do it. My training told me I was good for it, and it was already done in my mind - all that remained was to walk onto the platform and actualize it. During the attempt, it didn’t feel slow at all: it seemed totally smooth. Never for a moment did I doubt I had it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My wife and myself are the same way.

Confidence is extremely important too. I mean, really truly committing to the attempt AND believing you are capable of what you take. I benched 391.3lbs successfully yesterday at competition on my third attempt. Watching the video, I can’t believe how slow it was - if I had been an onlooker, I would have doubted I would finish it. Yet, before the lift I was 100% confident I could do it. My training told me I was good for it, and it was already done in my mind - all that remained was to walk onto the platform and actualize it. During the attempt, it didn’t feel slow at all: it seemed totally smooth. Never for a moment did I doubt I had it.
Nice!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok where the heck am I lol.

Sorry I been slacking on my log but work is pretty busy lately. I have a lot of little breaks but by the time I get home I'm toast, few important exercises and I been calling it a wrap. I also decided Monday I'm laying off the heavy bag for a week. At least for the most part I might practice combinations and go through the motions but nothing serious just light work. Even with my hands wrapped in gloves on I keep ripping my knuckles open. Not like serious damage but enough that I keep getting these little rips on my knuckles and it's just keeps happening over and over again and it's going to cause problems in the long run if I don't let him heal up. Plus I don't really need all that extra impact beating away on my shoulders right now.

So I'm exactly 30 days away if I'm not mistaken

My plan is to start hitting it a little harder and building up over the next 20-25 days and then just backing off leading into the day.

Il probably go out for dinner the night of the bench thing and then the next day I gotta go straight into maintenance lifting, massive increase in cardio work and start dieting. Almost crash dieting.

Anywho. Il do my best to keep up with the details of training and I need to right up the diet some more because somehow I gained 4lbs this week without increasing calories. I actually slightly reduced my calories and gained 4 lb but the lack of heavy bag work and the less intense gym sessions probably overshadows that caloric defect. So I'm obviously not in a caloric defect right now like I thought I was. Energy output is basically half of what it was a few weeks ago.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know that tonight I need to bench press more on the volume side and il probably do a secondary chest exercises followed by a few back exercises.

Saturday is heavy day

Sunday is arms

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, heavy bag work can be rough on the hands. I actually have to wrap mine now, because of arthritis, and it helps a lot with that as well as preventing cuts, most of the time.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know that tonight I need to bench press more on the volume side and il probably do a secondary chest exercises followed by a few back exercises.

Saturday is heavy day

Sunday is arms
Get some! Sounds like a fun few days ahead of you. Relax and de-stress where you can bro. And enjoy those workouts.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, heavy bag work can be rough on the hands. I actually have to wrap mine now, because of arthritis, and it helps a lot with that as well as preventing cuts, most of the time.
I've been lying to myself for a while now LOL, but I've got issues with my hands and it's definitely arthritis, at least one of the culprits is definitely arthritis. Lots of injuries over the years broken knuckles jammed fingers and just working the type of jobs I do in general. Obviously that has nothing to do with me ripping my knuckles open but it's definitely part of the reason why my grip strength suffers and why my hands hurt often. Sometimes I wonder if my attempts at strengthening my grip are actually just doing more damage to my hands

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been lying to myself for a while now LOL, but I've got issues with my hands and it's definitely arthritis, at least one of the culprits is definitely arthritis. Lots of injuries over the years broken knuckles jammed fingers and just working the type of jobs I do in general. Obviously that has nothing to do with me ripping my knuckles open but it's definitely part of the reason why my grip strength suffers and why my hands hurt often. Sometimes I wonder if my attempts at strengthening my grip are actually just doing more damage to my hands
Yeah, I used to do lots of grip work back in the day. Now it’s just what I get from lifting.
I actually still have really good grip strength, when not in pain, but man when it hurts I use straps , gloves, wraps….getting old sucks, but still able to do a lot more than many my age. My problem is whenever lifting, playing ball on weekends, wrestling around with my sons, I get too competitive and over do it. That’s when I pay the price for going to hard. The way I look at it, I’d rather enjoy life even though there might be a little price. lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, I used to do lots of grip work back in the day. Now it’s just what I get from lifting.
I actually still have really good grip strength, when not in pain, but man when it hurts I use straps , gloves, wraps….getting old sucks, but still able to do a lot more than many my age. My problem is whenever lifting, playing ball on weekends, wrestling around with my sons, I get too competitive and over do it. That’s when I pay the price for going to hard. The way I look at it, I’d rather enjoy life even though there might be a little price. lol
It's weird, I need a lot of grip strength for work, I probably still have more grip strength then most of my friends that don't work out seriously.

What they hurt and they hurt quite often sometimes for no reason at all and I'm really good at just dealing with it, there's lots of times I'll be at work though and I'll be walking holding something heavy and the only thing stopping me from letting it drop is that I don't want to look bad by letting something drop.

I don't know about you personally and if you have found something I would love to hear about it, but I've never came across anything that helps with this type of pain whether it be arthritis or just general wear and tear in the hands, nothing seems to help it.

I did once pay for a massage and I paid an extra 20 bucks for them to do a hand massage and something else I don't remember what it was at the end, it definitely was not a happy ending LOL. But I remember getting like a 10 or 15 minute hand massage at the end and I swear to God my hands felt great for like a week straight and then it slowly came back. I've really seriously thought about doing a hand massage every weekend and seeing if it helped long-term. But supplement-wise I have found nothing that helps that pain and nothing that seems to make arthritis pain go away or heal.

Heading off to the gym I'll report back later, I'm actually going to go use my buddies home gym with him cuz he needs help putting a piece of equipment together so we're just going to work out there

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
By the way, as usual that was all done via talk to text so I apologize for any typos or run-on sentences

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok, quick workout that was kinda a rush because I forgot I had to get the kids at 730 which is basically right now.
short rest periods 30-45sec
Screenshot_20220915-192245~2.png

I for got to write down what I did for flat bench, we did 275x10 and it was basically failure so we backed down to 260 for 3 more sets of 12

On the paper i know that first exercise looks easy, it was not. That machine was super wonky and the resistance has like a drag to it. Very challenging with light weights.

Other then that it was straight pump work and triceps failed at the end of that giant set.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's weird, I need a lot of grip strength for work, I probably still have more grip strength then most of my friends that don't work out seriously.

What they hurt and they hurt quite often sometimes for no reason at all and I'm really good at just dealing with it, there's lots of times I'll be at work though and I'll be walking holding something heavy and the only thing stopping me from letting it drop is that I don't want to look bad by letting something drop.

I don't know about you personally and if you have found something I would love to hear about it, but I've never came across anything that helps with this type of pain whether it be arthritis or just general wear and tear in the hands, nothing seems to help it.

I did once pay for a massage and I paid an extra 20 bucks for them to do a hand massage and something else I don't remember what it was at the end, it definitely was not a happy ending LOL. But I remember getting like a 10 or 15 minute hand massage at the end and I swear to God my hands felt great for like a week straight and then it slowly came back. I've really seriously thought about doing a hand massage every weekend and seeing if it helped long-term. But supplement-wise I have found nothing that helps that pain and nothing that seems to make arthritis pain go away or heal.

Heading off to the gym I'll report back later, I'm actually going to go use my buddies home gym with him cuz he needs help putting a piece of equipment together so we're just going to work out there
Bro I been thinking about getting massages lately ( the real kind seriously lol) I know all the pros swear by them..now that I'm 41 **** just hurts more and u know I have some muscular imbalances. We have massage places everywhere here in stockton ( about an hour south of Sacramento where nate and nick Diaz are from) because of the huge Asian population

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bro I been thinking about getting massages lately ( the real kind seriously lol) I know all the pros swear by them..now that I'm 41 **** just hurts more and u know I have some muscular imbalances. We have massage places everywhere here in stockton ( about an hour south of Sacramento where nate and nick Diaz are from) because of the huge Asian population
It's always on my list of things to do and I put it off constantly. I got friends that go religiously every week and they swear by it. For mental and physical reasons

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Believe it or not, I put a little Helios directly on the knuckles every couple of days, in the mornings, rubbing it in really well, and it actually seems to help. I know it’s a systemic supplement, but it does seem to help locally as well. And I rub Icy Hot on knuckles every evening. It definitely helps, but I still have to loosen everything back up every day by opening and closing my hands in a tight fist. You hear things crackling and popping like chunks of wood clacking together. The Grandkids love to listen to it. The youngest, he’s three, said “Paw Paw you have Gorilla hands without the fur.” lol
I guess it’s just the cost of years of abuse from martial arts, bag work, arm wrestling and just breaking fingers and hands numerous times. But I can’t stop, I’ve just had to slow down and be smart.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Believe it or not, I put a little Helios directly on the knuckles every couple of days, in the mornings, rubbing it in really well, and it actually seems to help. I know it’s a systemic supplement, but it does seem to help locally as well. And I rub Icy Hot on knuckles every evening. It definitely helps, but I still have to loosen everything back up every day by opening and closing my hands in a tight fist. You hear things crackling and popping like chunks of wood clacking together. The Grandkids love to listen to it. The youngest, he’s three, said “Paw Paw you have Gorilla hands without the fur.” lol
I guess it’s just the cost of years of abuse from martial arts, bag work, arm wrestling and just breaking fingers and hands numerous times. But I can’t stop, I’ve just had to slow down and be smart.
I may have to try these options. My index finger on my right hand can't even bend all the way to make a fist on it's own recently. I force it for a bit and it loosens up, but it really causes problem when grip is pushed. Thank goodness most of grip strength comes from the ring and pinky fingers. It is definitely something to do with inflammation too because when I first got my cortisone shot it improved a decent bit and even the oral anti-inflammatory they gave me helped quite a bit.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I may have to try these options. My index finger on my right hand can't even bend all the way to make a fist on it's own recently. I force it for a bit and it loosens up, but it really causes problem when grip is pushed. Thank goodness most of grip strength comes from the ring and pinky fingers. It is definitely something to do with inflammation too because when I first got my cortisone shot it improved a decent bit and even the oral anti-inflammatory they gave me helped quite a bit.
Sounds like trigger finger. I used to deal with that when I used to do a lot of power washing.

I used to play the piano too and I never had any issues but as I got older and my hand started screwing up that something that happens to me while I'm trying to play the piano I'll be in the middle of a song or I should say in the beginning of the song cuz it happens pretty quick but one of my fingers will lock like that and I can't bend it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Okay quick question, are we talking about realos like the obscure fat loss combination drug, or are we talking about helio's the Apex alchemy supplement. I have to assume we're talking about the supplement right?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okay quick question, are we talking about realos like the obscure fat loss combination drug, or are we talking about helio's the Apex alchemy supplement. I have to assume we're talking about the supplement right?
Yeah, Apex Alchemy 👍

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm in a bit of a predicament right now.

My chest is really sore from Thursday still. Not a little sore but it feels sore like I did a workout after weeks off. Probably because I've done nothing to failure and pretty much no volume for chest lately and Thursday I did about 3-4x what I've been doing for chest volume the past few weeks. Also could be that chest press machine, I've never used it before so it's a new stimulus

I think lifting today is a bad idea, I'm pushing my workout back to the afternoon to see how I feel later.

Worst case scenario I turn tonight's workout into a active recovery day. Stretching and light weights or maybe just do a pull day or legs and push tomorrow.

My left shoulder is also a little wonky. It hurts but it's that nagging shoulder pain that co.es and goes, haven't had it in a while. It's definitely not a new I jury. Best description is inflammation and that sore feeling like when you slept wrong on it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah just start with some very light feeder work for pecs & get the shoulders warm/mobilized. Then if things feel great, train normal, and if they don’t feel great take it as active recovery and just get a little cardio in or whatever you like to do these days.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah just start with some very light feeder work for pecs & get the shoulders warm/mobilized. Then if things feel great, train normal, and if they don’t feel great take it as active recovery and just get a little cardio in or whatever you like to do these days.
What I would like to do is eat cookies and watch YouTube.

But il probably do what you said because I threw out all the junk food last night and stocked up on meat vegetables and lentils and stuff along those lines. Think Mediterranean bowls. That's actually what I'm making tonight.

@jtmass

I'm cooking all weekend lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What I would like to do is eat cookies and watch YouTube.

But il probably do what you said because I threw out all the junk food last night and stocked up on meat vegetables and lentils and stuff along those lines. Think Mediterranean bowls. That's actually what I'm making tonight.

@jtmass

I'm cooking all weekend lol
Now we are talking. There is a place in Austin called Kava that does this like chipotle or freebirds style bowls but for Mediterranean food and I love it when I go to downtown for work I always make sure to go there for one of my lunches. I need to incorporate more lentils into my life as well. Do you have any preferred recipes for lentils. I just really found out I enjoy them.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Now we are talking. There is a place in Austin called Kava that does this like chipotle or freebirds style bowls but for Mediterranean food and I love it when I go to downtown for work I always make sure to go there for one of my lunches. I need to incorporate more lentils into my life as well. Do you have any preferred recipes for lentils. I just really found out I enjoy them.
Honestly I don't have many lentil recipes. I just do this one Greek style that taste good in wraps or in the bowl dishes and I just use the lentil as a filler for those dishes lol.

But, even tho I haven't made a lot of dishes with them you can use them in recipes like curry dishes, you can sub out things like beans and chic peas for lentils.

There is a dish I haven't tried but I was looking at it last night, il link it in 2 min

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When ever I'm looking for something new and healthy I look up vegan dishes and add meat.

Vegan dishes usually have creative spice blends and sauces. If your not a vegan, which I'm obviously not, but vegan recipes make great side dishes too

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When ever I'm looking for something new and healthy I look up vegan dishes and add meat.

Vegan dishes usually have creative spice blends and sauces. If your not a vegan, which I'm obviously not, but vegan recipes make great side dishes too
Makes sense they definitely know how to make veggies and grains taste good.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok so I tried to work out last night and I was too sore, I did some stretching, some rotator cuff stuff with a 5lb plate, then I did some pushups and pullups just trying to get some blood moving and something wasn't right so I left the gym and went for a walk.

Now this morning I feel a little better, not nearly as sore and no pain anymore. So we will see what happens. .
Off to train with my buddy, he's a bodybuilding trainer, if you have followed my old logs if mentioned him from time to time.

He's patiently waiting for me to stop obsessing over the bench press and boxing so I will start his bodybuilding program 😂

His exact words were...

All right my dude, go win ya little bench press competition and then after them young boys beat your ass in November we can finally start training 🤷

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok so I tried to work out last night and I was too sore, I did some stretching, some rotator cuff stuff with a 5lb plate, then I did some pushups and pullups just trying to get some blood moving and something wasn't right so I left the gym and went for a walk.

Now this morning I feel a little better, not nearly as sore and no pain anymore. So we will see what happens. .
Off to train with my buddy, he's a bodybuilding trainer, if you have followed my old logs if mentioned him from time to time.

He's patiently waiting for me to stop obsessing over the bench press and boxing so I will start his bodybuilding program 😂

His exact words were...

All right my dude, go win ya little bench press competition and then after them young boys beat your ass in November we can finally start training 🤷
That's actually pretty funny...I have more faith in you than that but I'd feel the same if I were him. I tell my training partner that from time to time. Like bro go do your little squat competition so after that we can get back to getting big and shredded

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's actually pretty funny...I have more faith in you than that but I'd feel the same if I were him. I tell my training partner that from time to time. Like bro go do your little squat competition so after that we can get back to getting big and shredded
He hates anything less then 5 reps
And he's joking about the fight, he would put his money on me in most situations. But I'm 37 and it's most likely il be fighting someone in there mid 20's, maybe 30. You don't exactly see a bunch of guys pushing 40 looking for fights lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Screenshot_20220918-104656~2.png

Knocked out my heavy pressing, wanted to get 3 sets of 5 but the first 2 felt good so I didn't want to push it.

Everything else we did he kinda made me do a certain way and follow tempos. Made the weights feel much heavier then they actually are

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly I don't have many lentil recipes. I just do this one Greek style that taste good in wraps or in the bowl dishes and I just use the lentil as a filler for those dishes lol.

But, even tho I haven't made a lot of dishes with them you can use them in recipes like curry dishes, you can sub out things like beans and chic peas for lentils.

There is a dish I haven't tried but I was looking at it last night, il link it in 2 min
Here’s a lentil stew recipe I’ve made before. It ends up being super thick. I use it as a snack during the day, using a smaller serving size. It’s absolutely loaded with protein and fiber. Tastes pretty good too.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
He hates anything less then 5 reps
And he's joking about the fight, he would put his money on me in most situations. But I'm 37 and it's most likely il be fighting someone in there mid 20's, maybe 30. You don't exactly see a bunch of guys pushing 40 looking for fights lol
Nope...I just turned 41 and I think I said this before but I just wanna look like I can beat someone's @$$ not actually do it lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also me too I don't even like anything less than 6. I don't know of this has happened to you but I've had multiple "kids" ask me what my pr on bicep curls is. My nephew was the first to ask but there's been more since. I'm like as in my 1 rm? And they were like yea. That's when I shook my head and walked away. They have so much to learn

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nope...I just turned 41 and I think I said this before but I just wanna look like I can beat someone's @$$ not actually do it lol
I was talking to my boy earlier and he pretty much said exactly what you said. He's 46 I believe

He was like, stop cutting all this crazy weight to fight ppl. Your not meant to be 180lbs. You just need to stay around 220 year round and ppl won't want to fight you lol.

If this fight in November falls through again I might just hang it up. My boy can get me a pro MMA fight too "I have to fight pro MMA because back when I did it there was only pro" but I'm a "bad fight" for anyone other then over the hill guys and guys fighting for paychecks.

If you loose to a unknown fighter pushing 40 then your career is pretty much done and if you beat a unknown fighter pushing 40 then it does nothing to move you up the rankings.

It's hard to find guys to step in with a "bad fight" unless they just need a paycheck.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also me too I don't even like anything less than 6. I don't know of this has happened to you but I've had multiple "kids" ask me what my pr on bicep curls is. My nephew was the first to ask but there's been more since. I'm like as in my 1 rm? And they were like yea. That's when I shook my head and walked away. They have so much to learn
Nope, no1 ever asked me what I curl. I guess unless your doing strict curl contest I can't see why anyone would max out on curls.

Now personally I love lifting heavy 1-5 reps on bench and deadlifts, everything else in the 6-20+ range.

I'm starting to enjoy pump training too. After this phaze of my life ends I really plan to train strictly like a bodybuilder with the exception of bench press. Il probably bench heavy till my rotator snaps lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When's the last time anyone played baseball or went to the batting cages😶.

I haven't played in about 4 years now and just left the batting cages and I can feel it in my hips and my wrists like someone beat me up lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nope, no1 ever asked me what I curl. I guess unless your doing strict curl contest I can't see why anyone would max out on curls.

Now personally I love lifting heavy 1-5 reps on bench and deadlifts, everything else in the 6-20+ range.

I'm starting to enjoy pump training too. After this phaze of my life ends I really plan to train strictly like a bodybuilder with the exception of bench press. Il probably bench heavy till my rotator snaps lol
Deadlifts are the only thing I would do under 6 reps. I don't even think they're designed for more than 5. I get the bench press thing. I did until I legitimately can't do flat bb anymore as with most bodybuilders over 35.lol. to your other post tho bro tbh..you look way better at 220 or whatever then you did at the surfer look at 180 for real you have bodybuilding genetics that's why your boy is on you to train like one